Discontinued Haze Square

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Here's a how you do it ... The piece that goes in .....where it bends ...take that and bend it more downward like straight down...or backwards depending how you look at it ...then when you reiinsert it use the material tool to put into holes ...you will have to stretch a little bit to get it in but once it is in...it's in. You may have to do this more than once to get flat and centered.

Side note - double and triple press definitely warp coil i checked after fixing earlier did a double and the coil scooted up just like before. I think the only way to avoid replacing coil will be no double or triple press!

Did you mean bending the connections inward forward like this... I'm doing it on the old coil as an example, new coil is sitting nice and cozy in the Square...

qbiab7p.jpg

Notice the difference between a new coil(right) and old one(left) sitting next to each other, old coil still works but flashes intermittently while heating/firing...
Is just me, or new coils are bigger than standard one that came pre-installed in my Square Pro?
Anyone else notice that?? Do coils shrink with usage/handling/resetting??

I'm still noticing the "just turn on Square, lowest setting bright red glowing fresh bowl first draw ugly combustion" BUG????
Anyone else????
IMO this is a firmware bug...
At @Haze Vaporizers downloading new firmware version no possible without buying usb-c flash drive yet???

n0tX3Jc.jpg

Stay vaped...

Last edited:
Zangano Cruel,
Reactions: Easywider

ModeratelyToasted

I found out about the Square from here, got in on Phase two, and I'm Loving this thing. For those with loose mouthpiece issues:
I emailed Square immediately upon receiving it cuz it seemed way too loose. They send me a replacement along with my cleaning tray. The o rings on the replacement are thicker than the ones it ships with and fit snug and perfect. I'd also ordered an additional mouthpiece cuz I figured I'd lose it at some point and the o rings on that on also fit perfectly

Ask for a replacement. This is a quality control issue that's hopefully solved by phase three.

Everyone is raving about this unit. I really want to as well. But how much more time and bud do I need to invest trying to work this out where I can get a relaxing session out of my Dual V3?

I’ve tried almost everyone’s advice. I wish someone could totally come over and teach me.

I will try once again after work. Coarse grind and a tamp down. Thats what I did on the first weekend and had great results. “Puff by pipes” grinder and a light tamp.

But I do notice after my bowls some herb getting stuck to oven lid. I assume this is common then?

I found my experience is way better when I go button side down, and it doesn't stick to the stainless portion. That way when I just take a couple hits and then revisit, it's all still in the same place. I'm doing a coarse-fine grind and just a light tap down. around 75% full. Consistent

Last edited by a moderator:
ModeratelyToasted,
Reactions: Easywider

Djsleepy

In this o ring topic I pulled my mouthpiece out to put up and my o ring came off.. No biggie wasn't broken......but it looks stretched out and won't stay on ....I believe this is also due to heat from double,triple press. Just like warping coils, extra heat from multiple presses may be damaging o rings??????? Dunno food for thought.

Djsleepy,
Reactions: mfw0mb

Djsleepy

Did you mean bending the connections inward forward like this... I'm doing it on the old coil as an example, new coil is sitting nice and cozy in the Square...

qbiab7p.jpg

Notice the difference between a new coil(right) and old one(left) sitting next to each other, old coil still works but flashes intermittently while heating/firing...
Is just me, or new coils are bigger than standard one that came pre-installed in my Square Pro?
Anyone else notice that?? Do coils shrink with usage/handling/resetting??

I'm still noticing the "just turn on Square, lowest setting bright red glowing fresh bowl first draw ugly combustion" BUG????
Anyone else????
At @Haze Vaporizers downloading new firmware version no possible without buying usb-c flash drive yet???

n0tX3Jc.jpg

Stay vaped...

Yeah bend the piece that goes in towards the U shaped part of coil. Also I believe difference in look of used to replacement coil is due to heat and time. It starts out evenly spaced out but once that heat hits it those coils slightly contract and twist that's why we have these issues imo.

Last edited:

ginolicious

I bent each section of the coil downward. Now it sits touching the bottom of the ceramic housing.

ginolicious,

ginolicious

I guess every piece of the coil needs to sit on the ceramic eh? When I installed and pushed it down around the ceramic, the middle pieces no longer raise a little bit as I mentioned earlier. Can’t move that coil. It’s wedged in there. Gonna be hard to remove it. But hopefully I get good results. I did about 3.5 bowls can’t handle anymore. I have the half bowl and a freshly packed for tomorrow and doing a clean on the lids now as we speak.

I’m a firm believer of packing a few bowls the night before. I have some interesting stickyish stuff. And if it sits a night before in the pod, it’s great the day after. Couple hits, place it down, and so forth. Had 4 or 5 hits after work and then finished the bowl off at night with a buddy. But when I packed the real fresh bow it wasn’t as good. However this is before I fully reset my coil. Didn’t it super vaped and I think I did a good job. Coil ain’t moving like it was before when I was sober. But damn the burn out at 7 was awful lol.

Last edited:
ginolicious,

b0

Cloudy...
Anyone else????

OH! I thought I was the only one with this problem!! I combusted 3 times and all of them was in the first draw after turning on. Now I just wait like 3 or 4 seconds after it turns green (you can see the coil stop glowing after that time) but I was sure it's a firmware issue as well. Wich fw do you have @Zangano Cruel ? My unit is 1.0.57

Any way to sort this out?

Edit: sent a pm to @Haze Vaporizers about it, hope there is an easy firmware fix for it cause it's really annoying if you suddenly forgot it cause it will combust your meds

Edit 2: so far pretty happy with the reseted coil. Past night I could finish a whole bowl with nice even ABV. Seems like we have a winner!!

The little helping tray is a must imo makes cleaning a breath and helps filling pods. Also the pro with the fast USB c charging is amazing. Maybe not the best vape for a newbie, but definitely an amazing one for someone with a bit of experience. When they fix the little issues in this phase we will have a really solid vape.

I'm really happy to have ordered this vape and have to say that the cs from @Haze Vaporizers is amazing as well. Really helpful and nice guy.

Last edited:

ginolicious

My buddy has no trouble hitting my old bowl last night. When I packed a fresh bowl to get semi decent hits we had to increase to my max temp of 395F.

Coil is reset and I had two bowls sitting from last night. Finishing off on my clean of the unit and will try a bowl out at a 325F or 340F. I expect to get vapour as the bowl has been sitting out.

That’s what I learnt in 2 weeks after ripping everything apart and threatening to put this thing away for good. Really need dry herb. Pack bowls the night before for use or leave weed in grinder if it’s a bit sticky. That way the bowl will have had time to dry out and this vape will rip it. Or maybe she heard me say I’m putting her away and just stepped up her “a” game? Can’t report about the coil yet. I gotta paint a ceiling in my basement bathroom that I been working on and rather not be high. My indica will ruin me for the day.

Last edited:
ginolicious,

Stdudez

I hope some of you guys struggling out there get some peace! I've had cloudy draws for a while now. I think its a combination of having properly reseated the coil and perfected the game of speeding up and slowing down through draws appropriately. As mentioned by others my best experience has been with dryer herb. I'm using the Chewy 2 grinder (because I'm lazy) which seems to be a perfect grind. I'm using the included EZ cleaner tray to load bowls easily and filling to the brim and tamping down to about 80% from the brim. This level of tamp does not impede airflow through the bud, but keeps it more intact and prevents it from sucking up and sticking to the airpath filter. I also deep clean after 3-4 bowls in each pod. I've got the extra Wanderlust parts making it super EZ to pull it apart and throw everything in from alcohol for 20 mins. Still waiting on my 2 extra trays, extra battery, and red silicone sleeve I ordered - emailed and PM'd CS again will hopefully hear back soon. They've been responsive and helpful to me so far!

The other thing to note that I said a few posts back is that starting the draw before light turns green seems to be the best process for me. I just draw very slow and steady - especially on the first 3 hits before everything gets heated up to prevent combustion - and slowly start to speed up the draw a few seconds into the 10-second heating window. Using this process I'm getting killer clouds off of the lowest default temp setting and green flavor hits for the first 4-5 draws. Then I'll bump it up to default heat 2 and 3 for 2-3 hits each which pretty evenly and completely extracts everything. It seems to be no 2 draws are the same and I'm always making draw adjustments on the fly now that I've got the feel for the device. While I was using the double press method before this new method still produces clouds and saves battery because its a single press. Getting about 5 fully extracted bowls out of one full charge.

Hopefully you all can hopefully perfect the process snd the dance and get some better results!

Stay vaped!:sherlock::peace:

Djsleepy

I believe this unit is two fold as @Stdudez said the first few hits on single press are amazing flavor hits then as you add heat via dbl, triple press or by changing settings you increase vapor production. Like many I get several good single press flavor hits and then i ramp it up till extracted fully. I am starting to be able to take a couple of draws and put it down and I am :mmmm:!!!! Good luck to all don't quit!!!

ginolicious

I believe this unit is two fold as @Stdudez said the first few hits on single press are amazing flavor hits then as you add heat via dbl, triple press or by changing settings you increase vapor production. Like many I get several good single press flavor hits and then i ramp it up till extracted fully. I am starting to be able to take a couple of draws and put it down and I am :mmmm:!!!! Good luck to all don't quit!!!

Yesterday I Had that on a half vapes bowl. 340F took 2 hits. Got cloud. Put it down. Came back for another hit 40 minutes later. Kept the train going. But damn that burn out lol was not good

ginolicious,
Reactions: Stdudez

Stdudez

I've also had to resort to 1-3 draws and no more before work. Before I had the Square I'd face a full Pax 1 bowl before work and be functional. Now I'm getting so ripped off of so few draws I find myself cutting back so I'm not all geeked out first thing in the morning. It's crazy how big of an impact this thing has in terms of the high and herb conservation. Although it does a nice job with extraction I still save all of the AVB for making tinctures later :lol::lol::lol:

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
OH! I thought I was the only one with this problem!! I combusted 3 times and all of them was in the first draw after turning on. Now I just wait like 3 or 4 seconds after it turns green (you can see the coil stop glowing after that time) but I was sure it's a firmware issue as well. Wich fw do you have @Zangano Cruel ? My unit is 1.0.57

Any way to sort this out?

Edit: sent a pm to @Haze Vaporizers about it, hope there is an easy firmware fix for it cause it's really annoying if you suddenly forgot it cause it will combust your meds

Edit 2: so far pretty happy with the reseted coil. Past night I could finish a whole bowl with nice even ABV. Seems like we have a winner!!

The little helping tray is a must imo makes cleaning a breath and helps filling pods. Also the pro with the fast USB c charging is amazing. Maybe not the best vape for a newbie, but definitely an amazing one for someone with a bit of experience. When they fix the little issues in this phase we will have a really solid vape.

I'm really happy to have ordered this vape and have to say that the cs from @Haze Vaporizers is amazing as well. Really helpful and nice guy.
Same firmware here too...
Seems only way to download new firmware , is to actually download it to a usb-c flash drive , and then make a manual restore/resetting from the usb-c flash drive to your PRO unit.
Kind of weird if you tell me...
I’ll suggest you bottom-top screens on pods, and after first time turning on... check on the side intake the glowing coil, if coil stays bright glowing red... is the infamous “bug”.... if coil glows but then looks like flashing and not that bright, it’s an OK to draw imho&e...
Really fine grind, no sticks, tamp firm but not to block airflow, check silicone seals on both trays, etc etc.
You’re an old school FCer, circa my time... trust your common sense
Stay vaped...

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
in terms of combustion, at least for me I have had no more combustion events since I started always explicitly setting temp, upon every startup, by clicking on one of the temp buttons. To me also, this is indicative of a firmware bug.

notoriousLrg,
Reactions: Jill NYC

ginolicious

Combustion could be a result of a coil issue as well. Check your coil. I know I needed to take mine out at least 3 times and really bend the shit out of it so it stays in the ceramic housing.

Thunderstorm. In garage watching it. Covered in paint. Was doing the ceiling for my basement. Can’t vape cause I don’t wanna wash my hands and I gotta re assemble my swiare. Lol. Was doing a deep clean.

Edit: I washed up. Reassembled it. Well i got vapour at 340F on first 3 hits. Not a huge cloud but it’s visible. Pretty baked now. It’s my bowl from last night that I packed. First hit though I noticed some kind of smoke coming out of my air intake. Did it once. But haven’t seen it since. I was just watching the coil heat up and it let out the smallest stream of smoke or vapour. But I’m yet to see it again. Happy with performance today again.

Last edited:

Djsleepy

Combustion could be a result of a coil issue as well. Check your coil. I know I needed to take mine out at least 3 times and really bend the shit out of it so it stays in the ceramic housing.

Thunderstorm. In garage watching it. Covered in paint. Was doing the ceiling for my basement. Can’t vape cause I don’t wanna wash my hands and I gotta re assemble my swiare. Lol. Was doing a deep clean.

Edit: I washed up. Reassembled it. Well i got vapour at 340F on first 3 hits. Not a huge cloud but it’s visible. Pretty baked now. It’s my bowl from last night that I packed. First hit though I noticed some kind of smoke coming out of my air intake. Did it once. But haven’t seen it since. I was just watching the coil heat up and it let out the smallest stream of smoke or vapour. But I’m yet to see it again. Happy with performance today again.

imo the smoke or vapor coming off the coil is from oils from our hands adjusting it! Happens a few times after adjusting coil then burns off... no harm no foul!

Djsleepy,
Reactions: TKraus

ginolicious

So how did that coil readjustment work for you?Did I explain it good? i wasn't sure lol

To be honest the coil thing worked great. Had 4-6 hits at 340F with vapour. Checked bowls, even AVB. Gonna use 395f to finish em. These are bowls that were packed last night. So I think the coil and packing the bowls made for good hits.

As for your explanation it did work. You really need to just look at your coil and bend it depending on which way you want it to sit in and on the ceramic housing. No complaints today with the Haze Square.

ginolicious,
Reactions: Stdudez

Djsleepy

Awesome !!!! you are right sometimes you do have to bend funky sometimes to get it to lay flat...glad I could help I'm about to relax to fresh full four pods ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Last edited:

ginolicious

Just for clarification, I’m not getting huge clouds at 340F or 395F to finish off the bowls. You can see some vapour but it’s not huge clouds cause my temps are low. But it hasn’t been working bad for me for the last 2 days at all.

Packed a super fresh bowl and no vapour off 3 hits at 350F. My weed is too wet.

Last edited:
ginolicious,
Reactions: Djsleepy

b0

Cloudy...
And my unit is "dead". No idea what happened, finish at work and took a couple low temp hits, arrived home and when I was gonna try to use it again, I realise the coil (or something around it) does a weird clicking noise while heating that didn't do before and even tho it slightly glows, it doesn't vape anything at any of the Temps that use to work day before.

Tried changing the coil and same issue. So seems like I'm gonna have to contact @Haze Vaporizers to see what's going on. Hope this can be fixed easily, unit was starting to perform good but now it just doesn't vape. Tonight when I finish at work I will try again, but not much hope right now. Let's see what @Haze Vaporizers says, but if I have to send my unit is gonna be a loooong time until I have it back :(

b0,
Top Bottom