Discontinued Haze Square

ginolicious

Cause I’ll be honest I couldn’t put my finger on it till vape critic brought it up in a live stream with a different vape, I notice with some sessions I have with the square my air to vapour is real bad. I can honestly feel myself sucking in hot air and that’s not pleasant. Haha.

ginolicious,

Volteric

Lookout weekend!

2cwr290.jpg

b0

Cloudy...
Past night finished work and tried to use my unit on the way home... Combustion at first hit? Wow I wasn't expecting that one.

Arrived home, deep clean everything (have I said how easy is? Seems like it's gonna be a pita but it's as easy as taking it apart, dump all metal parts in iso, clean silicone with dish washer and done!) took out the coil and put it back lower and started testing. Low Temps still crazy amazing! Higher Temps working good, no combustion, but they aren't high enough. For today I set up the 4th temp at 440 and when I finish at work I will give it a go. I'm suspecting that Temps are a bit lower than what it should be by the actual color of my abv.

Pretty happy with how my unit is performing atm, just feels like it needs to go a bit hotter to finish my flowers. Will update again later tonight with some photos :)

Edit: Couple of photos of how my coil looks now:

lZIWkuY.jpg

uwXZISU.jpg

St28Fzu.jpg

Not perfect, but at least sitting flush now. Tonight is high Temps again, depending how it goes I may try to center it better but yesterday was working pretty well up to 415. More testing required tho!

Last edited by a moderator:

ginolicious

I was getting real hot air at 395F and 365F with double and tripple press method. I was getting huge clouds. But damn. It burned my nose and chest. Got my sinuses so bad I couldn’t breathe out of my nose.

Will give it a go tonight after work again. Gonna try 325F double press method and see if I get nice clouds. If not. I’m putting this down till a new release comes and I upgrade. The amount of weed I’ve wasted and sessions I’ve had ruined I’m not impressed. Went through 2 grams in less than a week. That’s should have lasted s couple months. I’m thinking I’m going back to the Dual V3 should it not work out tonight for me with a double press method on lowest setting.

Last edited:
ginolicious,
Reactions: Jill NYC

TKraus

I was getting real hot air at 395F and 365F with double and tripple press method. I was getting huge clouds. But damn. It burned my nose and chest. Got my sinuses so bad I couldn’t breathe out of my nose.

Will give it a go tonight after work again. Gonna try 325F double press method and see if I get nice clouds. If not. I’m putting this down till a new release comes and I upgrade

It sounds like you aren't packing it down hard enough and just getting a bunch of hot air instead because its just flying right by the weed. If the herb is too loose it will fly around in the chamber and not get hot enough. This has been my experience and I believe vape critic has also mentioned frustrations with this as well. You might not be having the same experience but that's what I've experienced with some conduction vapes.

TKraus,

ginolicious

@TKraus you could be very well right. And that’s probably what it is. But the odd thing is that the one bowl I packed tight wasn’t getting any vapour and the draw restriction was super tight. So either I’m packing too lose on some and too tight on others. It’s bedoming quite frustrating.

ginolicious,

TKraus

@ginolicious maybe just try breaking up a bud or course grinding and pack gently. that way you know your bud won't move and you'll get air flow because of the course grind. might not get as much vapor but it might be a more consistent result.

TKraus,

b0

Cloudy...

Will give it a go tonight after work again. Gonna try 325F double press method and see if I get nice clouds. If not. I’m putting this down till a new release comes and I upgrade. The amount of weed I’ve wasted and sessions I’ve had ruined I’m not impressed. Went through 2 grams in less than a week. That’s should have lasted s couple months. I’m thinking I’m going back to the Dual V3 should it not work out tonight for me with a double press method on lowest setting.

I personally think that my issues with uneven abv and the coil warping are related to double or triple push.

These days I'm gonna be testing just using the vape at higher temps instead of double push to see if that helps.

b0,
Reactions: mfw0mb

ginolicious

Yeah I really don’t know. I’m going to test one now after work. If no success on the shelf it’s going. Works amazing before I did a deep clean. And now I’m just up shits creek. Kinda wish I didn’t order it and waste $300CDN. Gonna try the coarse grind with a light tampe like I originally did when I first got the unit.

ginolicious,

b0

Cloudy...
Yeah I really don’t know. I’m going to test one now after work. If no success on the shelf it’s going. Works amazing before I did a deep clean. And now I’m just up shits creek. Kinda wish I didn’t order it and waste $300CDN. Gonna try the coarse grind with a light tampe like I originally did when I first got the unit.

That's so weird! I took mine apart and deep clean it already twice (stupid combustion) and didn't find any performance problems.

The only issue I have is that it runs a bit lower in temp after reseting the coil, but just using higher Temps should fix it. Can't wait to test it tonight.

It's funny usually I always take a couple of dabs every night and having being doing much flowers lately but since I got this beast 2 days ago I haven't had a single dab. Great work medicating, I only need to be able to push further the higher Temps...

Djsleepy

The amount of weed I’ve wasted and sessions I’ve had ruined I’m not impressed. Went through 2 grams in less than a week. That’s should have lasted s couple months

Damn!!!! Just two grams ??? Shoot I blew thru an onion on first test round before they switched out defective piece with new one, so I feel your pain. I medicate through out the day as I have a lot pain issues. I hope You can hang in there , the last two days I'm soo happy with results and purchase!!!

Side note: I'm sure imo that double ,triple press causing warping. I just got this new part Monday and coil fresh from phase two -flush centered all good. Once I started experimenting with double press every time after a few pods i have noticed it creeping up again but not as bad as before, reseating is easy enuff and I have extra coils once it brakes and it will especially doing double or triple presses.

ginolicious

Everyone is raving about this unit. I really want to as well. But how much more time and bud do I need to invest trying to work this out where I can get a relaxing session out of my Dual V3?

I’ve tried almost everyone’s advice. I wish someone could totally come over and teach me.

I will try once again after work. Coarse grind and a tamp down. Thats what I did on the first weekend and had great results. “Puff by pipes” grinder and a light tamp.

But I do notice after my bowls some herb getting stuck to oven lid. I assume this is common then?

ginolicious,

b0

Cloudy...
Everyone is raving about this unit. I really want to as well. But how much more time and bud do I need to invest trying to work this out where I can get a relaxing session out of my Dual V3?

I’ve tried almost everyone’s advice. I wish someone could totally come over and teach me.

I will try once again after work. Coarse grind and a tamp down. Thats what I did on the first weekend and had great results. “Puff by pipes” grinder and a light tamp.

But I do notice after my bowls some herb getting stuck to oven lid. I assume this is common then?

Have you checked the coil? Seems like mine is working much better after I changed mine (only did one bowl after, so not 100% sure, tonight is deep testing night!! )

I have been using coarse grind, light tamp, full pod, button up. I found out that if I don't fill the pod, at some point the abv get lose and it's harder (impossible) to finish it properly cause the air goes through it.

To everyone happy with their unit, how you use yours? Grind? Tamp? How full? Button up or down?

ginolicious

I have checked my coil and I sits pretty flat. Maybe I’ll pull it out and re insert it?

In regards to filling it, I always thought I was filling it full. All the way up to the loading tool. Figured that was enough and then tamp it down.

ginolicious,

andrewps21

So I'm having trouble getting any support for my Haze Square, I was part of Phase 2 (received the unit 2 weeks or so ago). So the first time I went to use the square, the mouth piece snapped (yes I did drop it a few inches onto the table). Ceramic is supposed to be very strong so there must have been some sort of crack it in for this to happen. I still used the vape and it performed very well. So I emailed customer service June 16, finally got a response on June 21 just saying I can buy one in the store (like I didn't already know that). So I sent another email on June 21 but still no response. My friends are all asking to come and try it and I'm like you can but its hard with the half mouth piece and no O ring and CS has not responded yet. It sounds like CS was pretty responsive and helpful in this forum, so please let me know if you can help get me assistance thanks.

andrewps21,

caseball2051

I have checked my coil and I sits pretty flat. Maybe I’ll pull it out and re insert it?

In regards to filling it, I always thought I was filling it full. All the way up to the loading tool. Figured that was enough and then tamp it down.

Haven't bought this yet but have you tried filling a bowl 2/3 of the way and not tampung or anything?

caseball2051,

b0

Cloudy...
Haven't bought this yet but have you tried filling a bowl 2/3 of the way and not tampung or anything?

That doesn't work. When abv naturally shrinks it gets too lose and doesn't vape properly.

My coil didn't look that warped but it definitely was. I took it out, reshape it and insert it back being sure that is as low as possible everywhere. So far seems to be working properly, but as I said there is still more testing to be done before I'm totally happy.

Right now it works amazing at low/mid temps, with pretty even ABV and amazingly flavourful hits. Tonight it's gonna be the high temps testing.

If I was you, I will definitely give a try to reshape the coil. It's really easy and seems to have worked for a few of us...

ginolicious

I know @paytonpenn in his live stream was getting no visible vapour on some of his 410F hits. Not all, but some.

@b0 I will remove tonight. Is it easy? Just pull out with tweezers? Now you say reshape it? What am I reshaping? Like what shape should it be and is his reshape done before I reinsert it or as I’m inserting it? Will be trying everything you mentioned. Full pod light tamp and button up.

@caseball2051 this units needs a full pack and a tamp. Half way through bowls I will open and you will see the ABV very loose which does not help at all. But you cannot have a tight pack or else airflow and draw is restricted.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
I’ve reached Haze CS about my phase 2 Pro that arrived on June 8th I believe.
It was all about cosmetic issues. Looks like the finishing is not like one of the best, and they didn’t seem to care, they just told me to take pictures and mail them to CS... probably needed to wait till now to get a new unit either way...
Si I decided to give it a try...
After several combustion incidents and frustrating trials,
- button up seems to work better avoiding combustion
-I learnt that upside down grinding, really fine grind works better,
- Square don’t like sticks or weed chunks, convection vapes are finicky about grinding and the stuff you put in stems, baskets pods etc etc, so, be very careful and take an extra time to get rid of big/medium/small/tiny sticks on buds
-tamping enough to create a puck but not to block airflow,
-fine SS or Ti screens both bottom and top of pods,
-change and sit carefully a new coil, it changed the performance of my PRO in a significant way, Haze should address this, double or triple presses really warp the coil, rearranging it will deteriorate coil life pretty fast, happened to me, just 2 1/2 weeks of use,
- 50% battery or up helps a lot...
- back to back hits and pods gives me better battery life for sure...
- really good for shatters, waxes, oils etc etc
- sandwich a dab between concentrate pads, add an extra dab on top, and face that dab to the heater, last dab sitting on bottom of pod,
- use a final screen on top of the concentrate pads sandwich to avoid oil running/melting to the Pro screen system,
- 480F , double or triple or more presses, long draws, and keep drawing even after green light is off, vapor keeps pumping from oil, concentrate pads probably retains heat...
So far pretty impressed after using more screens and so.
@Haze Vaporizers I’m still waiting from some stuff that didn’t show up in my 4/20 preorder, any news so far??

Stay vaped...

Zangano Cruel,
Reactions: Summer

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
So I'm having trouble getting any support for my Haze Square, I was part of Phase 2 (received the unit 2 weeks or so ago). So the first time I went to use the square, the mouth piece snapped (yes I did drop it a few inches onto the table). Ceramic is supposed to be very strong so there must have been some sort of crack it in for this to happen. I still used the vape and it performed very well. So I emailed customer service June 16, finally got a response on June 21 just saying I can buy one in the store (like I didn't already know that). So I sent another email on June 21 but still no response. My friends are all asking to come and try it and I'm like you can but its hard with the half mouth piece and no O ring and CS has not responded yet. It sounds like CS was pretty responsive and helpful in this forum, so please let me know if you can help get me assistance thanks.
Welcome to the forum!
The best way to reach them from here would be to PM @Haze Vaporizers. (To PM, go to top, right side of page, click on “Inbox” and then “start a new conversation”.)

Jill NYC,

ginolicious

So reset the coil. On a bowl I packed last night with button up poof two nice clouds at 340F. Two hits. Got cloud. Coughed on the second hit. Pretty backed off two hits at 340F.

Now my coil sits flush. But I noticed that the middle of the coil has a bit of wiggle room. Like it can push down further. But when I do push down further it doesn’t stay it springs up when I lift pressure off. But it’s still under the line and doesnt protrude. It seems flush. Once I get home I’ll take a picture and maybe @b0 can take a look or Angeline else. Does everyone else’s coil do that or am I messing up in the reinstall

Like this thing gave me everything I wanted. I been waiting all week for this. This is why I’m getting frustrated. Maybe my weed dried out from sitting in the bowl from last night?

Last edited:
ginolicious,

Baron23

Went through 2 grams in less than a week. That’s should have lasted s couple months.

brother, this is not being critical or making fun of you in any way, but a couple of grams lasting a couple of months (and I'm kind of a lightweight myself compared to most of this crowd LOL)?

This says to me that you are a very micro doser so I wonder why a Square with its four large ovens. Yes, its on demand...yada, yada, yada. But while its true that with these type of vapes you can take a hit (well, really usually at least two...one to prime it and at least one decent hit)...I have found that taste and enjoyment decline quickly and I would usually rather have a vape I can load just what I want to consume in that session.

Sorry for not being observant enough to know this, but have you tried a VapCap? With shallow CCD placement in Ti tips you can truly micro dose. Not my use case, but I know many others who run very small doses through them.

Ok, back to Square.

Cheers

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...
So reset the coil. On a bowl I packed last night with button up poof two nice clouds at 340F. Two hits. Got cloud. Coughed on the second hit. Pretty backed off two hits at 340F.

Now my coil sits flush. But I noticed that the middle of the coil has a bit of wiggle room. Like it can push down further. But when I do push down further it doesn’t stay it springs up when I lift pressure off. But it’s still under the line and doesnt protrude. It seems flush. Once I get home I’ll take a picture and maybe @b0 can take a look or Angeline else. Does everyone else’s coil do that or am I messing up in the reinstall

Like this thing gave me everything I wanted. I been waiting all week for this. This is why I’m getting frustrated. Maybe my weed dried out from sitting in the bowl from last night?

My coil used to be like yours but I took it out and carefully bend it a bit so it stays lower. Now it doesn't look as pretty but works better. Definitely not double presing, don't want to waste the few coils I have.

Also keep in mind that I'm just on my first 2 days testing, not really sure of anything yet, just testing.

Gonna start the high temp experiment :science:

ginolicious

Man coils are so finicky. I’m off double press. I hope I don’t need a new coil after 2 weeks. When you say yours was like mine mine do you mean your centre part of the coil string could be pushed slightly deeper into the ceramic? How did you get it to stick like that? Cause every time I push down it pops slightly but it’s flush for the most part. I’m so lost. But did a 3rd hit and got vapour. I think double pressing messed up my coil.

Last edited:
ginolicious,

Djsleepy

Man coils are so finicky. I’m off double press. I hope I don’t need a new coil after 2 weeks. When you say yours was like mine mine do you mean your centre part of the coil string could be pushed slightly deeper into the ceramic? How did you get it to stick like that? Cause every time I push down it pops slightly but it’s flush for the most part. I’m so lost. But did a 3rd hit and got vapour. I think double pressing messed up my coil.
Here's a how you do it ... The piece that goes in .....where it bends ...take that and bend it more downward like straight down...or backwards depending how you look at it ...then when you reiinsert it use the material tool to put into holes ...you will have to stretch a little bit to get it in but once it is in...it's in. You may have to do this more than once to get flat and centered.

Side note - double and triple press definitely warp coil i checked after fixing earlier did a double and the coil scooted up just like before. I think the only way to avoid replacing coil will be no double or triple press!

Top Bottom