Haze Dual vs. Solo II - Thoughts?

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
Title says it all...
Haze Dual vs. Solo II
For those who have used or owned both, which way do you fly? Why?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Chicken #420,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have the Haze Dual and both the original Solo and the Solo 2.

I bought the Haze 3 a little over a year ago. A great vaporizer in its own right. It does it all wax or flowers or both. It has a lot of parts and the pieces are small and fiddly. I like easy. I don't like a lot of little pieces to lose. Especially when medicated if you slightly over do it. It's also a bit of a hassle to clean. A lot of little places to keep clean.

The Haze has the rechargeable batteries that can be a plus or a negative. It has a wonderful warranty and a great company too. A very well made device. It comes down to personal preference.

To be honest I used the Haze 3 for a few weeks then put it away in a drawer. I'm sure it's a lot of cannabis users fave vape but not mine.

I love the Solo OG and really love the Solo 2. Very easy to use and maintain. Not a lot of little parts to worry about. It has the digital screen display with the Solo 2. If you haven't used a Solo for a while you will be surprised by the added air flow. The built in battery is a tank.

My original Solo could withstand a fall. I think the Solo 2 could as well. Not sure possibly the Haze could? I don't know how durable it is? I didn't use the Haze long enough to know.

The Solos will do concentrates in hemp fiber, cotton or sandwiched between weed. For concentrates you would be better off with an EVO or some portable nail.

The Solo doesn't have as great of a warranty as the Haze Dual but my preference is the Solo OG or the Solo 2. You may have a different opinion and that's OK. It just depends on what you like. I never liked the looks of the Haze, it looks like a radio. It would be difficult to hide in a cup in stealth situations.

Both units will extract the goodies from your medicine. It just depends on how you want to get there.

Last edited:

Chicken #420

CarolKing,

Thanks for the great input!
A few quick questions...

1 - Are both vaporizers capable of being joined to a waterpipe using standard glassware tapers, if desired? If so, which model works better for this?

2 - Which of the two gives bigger clouds for the effort? Which of the two tastes better?

3 - Might the "radio-like" appearance of the Haze Dual V3 actually be a benefit... since it looks like electronics gear instead of something you smoke from? In otherwords, if you see swine, can you just pluck out the mouthpiece and set it near your laptop to give the impression of Bluetooth speakers or something?

P.S. The EVO is also in the running, if someone can convince me that it's worth the extra $100.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

CarolKing

Both vaporizers can be hooked up with different water tools as long as you have a GonG which is the attachment. Get both sizes 14 and 18mm to cover most water tools. So buy a couple GonGs when you buy your unit.

Both units are capable of big clouds.

EVO is a heavy hitter and it's big compared to the other two vaporizers. I do have the EVO as well. It's a very good vaporizer. I call the EVO the face melter. It's a quicker session with the EVO. It has a glass nail for concentrates.

I personally like a log vape for home. I have the Enano and the Woodscents. They are small and easy. I like to savor the flavor and do sessions with mine.

Last edited:

Chicken #420

Excellent information! Many thanks sent.
Wow... now I want an Enano too! :)
First things first though... I'm after a good convection vape, thus my 2 (3 if you count the EVO) choices.
Carol... if you could only own one of the 3 (Haze Dual V3, Solo II, or EVO), which would you personally choose? Why?

ginolicious

I don't have a solo 2. But I do have to disagree with @CarolKing. Love my haze V3. The parts are not that small. You have pods. And if you use the herb cans you can have a bunch and always have one or 2 clean, and then a couple soaking in ISO. Cleaning the overs and airpath is a breeze. Just use a q tip. Thought I would voice my opinion on this.

CarolKing

I want to be fair to the Haze Dual. Just because it was a portable that I didn't like doesn't mean that you aren't going to like it. Some folks like using the baskets with the lids and have them preloaded and ready. It works well for concentrates too. Myself I only use concentrates a couple times a week or less.

It depends on what you like and feel comfortable fitting into your lifestyle. We can only give you our opinion.
There are folks that don't like using the Solo because it's too big or the draw is too restricted. Maybe the glass stems are too breakable for their routine. We all are so individual.

Choosing a few vaporizers to zero in on and do some reading.:cool:

ginolicious

Yeah that's a valid point on all fronts that @CarolKing said.

Pick one that will meet your needs. I do have to mention that I felt the solo 1 to be too restrictive. Not sure if that was changed on the 2 or not. The Haze is one of the most free flowing portable vapes I have used.

ginolicious,
Reactions: CarolKing

Chocu1a

I have Haze 3 and a Solo 1. I use the solo more often. I feel that it is easier to use. Plus i feel liked i get better hits using the solo.

little maggie

I had both. I agree about the little pieces with the Haze. It's nice to be able to use 2 different pods but I kept having to buy new ones. The solo was too restrictive but I've read that the new version does not have that problem.

CarolKing

When I go to the beach I like to be stealth by putting the Solo in a soft drink cup like from McDonalds. It's very stealth that way IMO. I've posted my pic before. I put something like an insulated band around it and pad it a bit so the Solos not knocking around inside. I poke holes in the bottom of the cup for venting. I just use the regular straight stem.;):leaf:

Last edited:
CarolKing,
Reactions: AJS

little maggie

Excellent information! Many thanks sent.
Wow... now I want an Enano too! :)
First things first though... I'm after a good convection vape, thus my 2 (3 if you count the EVO) choices.
Carol... if you could only own one of the 3 (Haze Dual V3, Solo II, or EVO), which would you personally choose? Why?
Just want to suggest that, when you are ready to buy a log you check out the main ones for price. I have most of the main ones: enano, underdog, woodscent, HI. The enano and underdog are pretty comparable. I like how active the underdog folk are on this site in terms of their responding to posts. But I'd get either one. I love my HI and toasty top but there is a wait for those.

little maggie,

stinkytofus

haze v3 is a very very good vape and also a very good backup (10 years warranty)
when i use it with water tools, i vape it till i pretty much have no more smoke then i stop, i run it from lowest temps to highest temps, probably 15 puffs in total

the best way to see if its something you want is... are u planning to take it outside? use it at home? use it with water piece? then read written reviews, watch video reviews, scour for any cons on forums, pluses, and then decide from there

how i decided on haze was during that time it was affordable, 200-300, can be used outside, home, with water piece, retractable mp, very easy to clean (heat it up, then scrub everything with iso n qtips, the ONLY con is you have to finish everything in one session, if you leave it in there it will continue to cook, everything else is a plus in my books

could also try OTHER vapes, dont limit yourself to these two

i definitely recommend haze v3, milaana, sticky brick jr and evo, favorite is probably evo, effects depends on how much i use and if i change it up and use different strains, same strains every day will feel weaker, but switching to another strain will get you lit pretty good and fast

Chicken #420

stinkytofus,
THANK YOU for the great input! :)
Since I first posted this thread, my thoughts about Vaporizers and how I would likely use them has changed. The E-Nano just kept "calling to me" as I watched and read reviews about it. This does, obviously, leave a usage "hole" - mainly the issue of portability and "quick hits" when busy.
I'm thinking either Vapcap "M" or Sticky Brick Jr. might fill that role.
Your thoughts?

Chicken #420,

stinkytofus

stinkytofus,
Since I first posted this thread, my thoughts about Vaporizers and how I would likely use them has changed. The E-Nano just kept "calling to me" as I watched and read reviews about it. This does, obviously, leave a usage "hole" - mainly the issue of portability and "quick hits" when busy.
Your thoughts?
I definitely recommend four vapes
Evo - Wall adapter (home use)
Milaana - rechargable bats (home and on the go)
Sticky brick junior/maxx - butane (home and on the go)
Haze v3/ da vinci iq is pretty good too, tried my friends, only con was the body got pretty warm after a full session

Look out for ghost mv1 coming out 7/15

I personally didnt try enano or vapcap but ive heard good things about them, if u are a fan of using little material to get lit can try the enano, best way is to pick some up from classified and try out different vapes for cheap and keep the ones you like, i personally have 4 as of now and picking up maybe 1-2 more, sticky brick max ans ghost mv1

best advice: read reviews, watch videos, you THINK you like what you see? try to pick up from classified or buy it at a discount

what i realize after buying a few vapes is that... you should focus on how you want it to be delivered? all glass with water filtration? unit connected with whip to glass piece? straight from mouthpiece? butane? electrical? use less materials?'

they will all get you lit, its the process of getting lit thats fun and enjoyable imo

Last edited:

little maggie

stinkytofus,
Your thoughts?
I think one of the vapcaps to go with the enano- if that's the log you've decided on- is a great combo. The vapcap is less money and more stealthy than the jr. and is on sale until July 5 both at dynavap and puffitup. The only thing I would add is to consider one of the other vapcaps than the M. The M is a great price but is not interchangeable the way most of the dynavaps are. Other than the M the vapcaps are modular. Given the sale you might check out the ti-woodys or nanavongs. They would still be less than $100.
I haven't really added my favorite vapes (milaana, tubo etc) because you seem pretty clear on what you want.

Last edited:
Top Bottom