Discontinued Haze Dual V3

Lookatmeglow

I seem to have a bad case of VAS
For me, it normally happens after a session and I forget that it's still "on". I will take a couple hits from it and not get any vapor. I'll look down and realize it was off. :rolleyes: oh well. Means it did it's job.

ginolicious

The batteries seem to lose charge from sitting around I've noticed though. If I take one off the charger and then a day later place it back in the charger it shows 2 bars and needs to charge. Not a huge issue. But keep that in mind as well.

Also if you draw hard enough I do believe the auto shut off re sets as sometimes I have a solid 10 minute session with no shut off.

ginolicious,
Reactions: ilsasta

C No Ego

well I think a clean conduction screen on this unit works great and delivers! I have been torn between that conduction screen and the little cans but think the screen gives more flavor before tapering off.. the convenience of the cans though.... still undecided on that one overall...

edit, my haze v3 turns off more during the session when using the hollow circle bowl... that's usually my second bowl to use as the solid circle bowl gets turned on first... never really have issue with the vape turning itself off on the solid circle bowl

Lookatmeglow

I seem to have a bad case of VAS
well I think a clean conduction screen on this unit works great and delivers! I have been torn between that conduction screen and the little cans but think the screen gives more flavor before tapering off.. the convenience of the cans though.... still undecided on that one overall...

I was also using the conduction screens more, for use at home through a water piece. I was able to have more vapor production on the lower temperature settings while still having decent flavor. After some experimenting with the dry herb cans, the vapor flavor discrepancy was worth the almost identical vapor production with the large increase in ease of maintenance. At least for me. I still use the conduction screens, but I am mainly using the convection screens dry and the dry herb cans through water and on the go now.

edit, my haze v3 turns off more during the session when using the hollow circle bowl... that's usually my second bowl to use as the solid circle bowl gets turned on first... never really have issue with the vape turning itself off on the solid circle bowl

That's interesting. I haven't noticed a difference between the two ovens and the auto shutoff with mine. I will pay attention to that more now. Thank you.

Lookatmeglow,
Reactions: C No Ego

ginolicious

Noticed an odd thing with my vaporizer last night. I turned it on and the lights did not even flash. It appeared already preheated. But when I turned it off and then directly back on it needed to heat up.

I did notice this issue a few times from a cold start up.

Would like to add that the unit had not been used for 12 hours.

ginolicious,

Dynalowrider

Thanks shovelhead, I was looking for the v2.5 manual. Not much different than the v3.0. I think temperatures is about all, and the pictures also. Doc
Thanks anyway.

Dynalowrider,

ShovelHead

Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory!
Thanks shovelhead, I was looking for the v2.5 manual. Not much different than the v3.0. I think temperatures is about all, and the pictures also. Doc
Thanks anyway.
I think the only thing different is the temps as you said and the air path stem, the old stems didn't have the lip at the top of the stem to help get it out.

ShovelHead,

C No Ego

Ok, so I've come up with a great way to conserve with the V3. using the conduction screen I add some dry herb on top of it about halfway up... I then use degummed hemp fiber to fill the rest of the way on top of the half bed of herb... place the lid down onto it and vape! After the sessions over , the hemp fiber sticks to the metal that is on the lid when it's lifted up and I clean out the herb for next round... I've re-used the same hemp fiber a few times before it's to dirty and just change it out as needed with new/fresh fiber...
since the haze is a conduction vape I've been concerned with conserving the precious herb so the hemp fiber fits...

edit... this could work in the little can too!!! can't wait to try it now

I was also using the conduction screens more, for use at home through a water piece. I was able to have more vapor production on the lower temperature settings while still having decent flavor. After some experimenting with the dry herb cans, the vapor flavor discrepancy was worth the almost identical vapor production with the large increase in ease of maintenance. At least for me. I still use the conduction screens, but I am mainly using the convection screens dry and the dry herb cans through water and on the go now.

That's interesting. I haven't noticed a difference between the two ovens and the auto shutoff with mine. I will pay attention to that more now. Thank you.

sorry for the late reply.... the cans keep it clean no doubt, I have dedicated the first bowl to cans and dry herb screens fro the second bowl and the second is dirtier on average... thanks

Noticed an odd thing with my vaporizer last night. I turned it on and the lights did not even flash. It appeared already preheated. But when I turned it off and then directly back on it needed to heat up.

I did notice this issue a few times from a cold start up.

Would like to add that the unit had not been used for 12 hours.

mine does this too after a session and switching cans usually from the solid whole to the hollow whole bowl.. the light just stays solid instead of blinking. I think it actually still heats up even though it's not blinking... I usually just flip that one twice to make sure it blinks.. could be a warranty issue but don't want to be without this vape

ginolicious

Yeah I was curious if that's a warranty issue as well and if it needs to be fixed. I know I cannot live without mine as well. My Vapir Rise 2.0 has been clean and unused since New Years haha. Only bust it out for parties now.

I do the same thing. One chamber for cans and one for the screens. I usually use the convection screen. I am yet to try the conduction. Not sure why.

ginolicious,
Reactions: C No Ego

C No Ego

Yeah I was curious if that's a warranty issue as well and if it needs to be fixed. I know I cannot live without mine as well. My Vapir Rise 2.0 has been clean and unused since New Years haha. Only bust it out for parties now.

I do the same thing. One chamber for cans and one for the screens. I usually use the convection screen. I am yet to try the conduction. Not sure why.
conduction screen just gets the session started sooner then the convection screen but cooks the load quicker too ... I like the shape better on the conduction screen for some reason, it seems to fit better in there... with the new conservancy strategy with the hemp fiber I feel better using the conduction one now

C No Ego

Ya my haze will do the same thing with the lights randomly. It's annoying but not really a problem. It only happens every once in a while, and always on a cold start. But this thing keeps kicking, and I keep smiling.

I think what I like most about the v3 is the material they made it with... it is not the standard black rubbery plastic you see on most portable vapes but a solid resinous type material that looks tough... I can vouch as it's been dropped a couple times with no problems...

Majordude2626

I have had mine over a year and still lhave not tried either of the 2 types of screens. I am a can man all they way.

I know! The first haze I had for a few months and I used convection screens the most. All was good but my haze had a warranty issue and was replaced. I've had the new one for over a year now, and I've only used cans no screens. My haze is sooooo much cleaner. I'm strictly cans.

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
Yeah, I've been using cans for six months now. The first six months I used the screens. At first I was feeling that the cans couldn't hold enough material at once but one can still holds more than enough for a good session.

George1151

Another thing I do is clean my Haze after every use. If a bowl lasts for 2 or 3 mini solo sessions I will clean it after each mini session. If I am out and about I may or may not clean it. I just qtip everything right after I shut it off and take out the battery and the can. Things come off really easily when it is still hot. WHen I was recently in Mexico with my Haze they sell 96% pure ethanol (not denatured) for (get this) $1.50 a litre. I was using that every time I cleaned. Here I use 99% iso but not every use. With qtipping while hot its not really needed much. I also pipe clean out the glass water adapter and wipe the inner joint with a qtip. The dirty qtips with the residue are used to wipe out the spent cans.

One thing I recentlty found out by accident is if you drop the cans and lids into a denture cleaning solution (I get them at Walmart cheap generic brand) they come out super clean. Even the browning on the outside of the cans that does not come off with an iso soak comes off after an hour in the denture solution. So when I soak my nightguard in the morning I throw in the cans from the day before.

I also rinse out with very hot water my glass after each use (not session).

Keeping everything super clean to me means that every hit is like on a new unit. Best taste worth the extra time and effort I think.

ginolicious

@George1151 thanks for that info. I hate the stains that can't come off the side of the cans. Love your tip. Going to try it. You my friend have discipline to wipe every time. I usually wait 1-4 weeks to clean. Usually takes about 20-30 q tips to clean air path. But I also only vape 2g a month.

George1151

@George1151 thanks for that info. I hate the stains that can't come off the side of the cans. Love your tip. Going to try it. You my friend have discipline to wipe every time. I usually wait 1-4 weeks to clean. Usually takes about 20-30 q tips to clean air path. But I also only vape 2g a month.

Try wiping with qtip right after shutting it off and removing battery and cans. If it was clean to start with its fast and really easy. 2 qtips max needed to clean it up nice and those ones can be used to wipe out the cans when spent. Taste is so much better when like new clean.

Also I can't imagine using my haze without water. Sure if I am out and about I dont bring water device but glass makes a big difference. Mine is the D020D which is prefect for me. I liked it so much I bought a backup piece of glass for when/if I break my bubbler. I got the V2 FC UFO which is a bit bigger and has removeable mouth piece but I hardly use it. Prefer the D020D. DOn't have a backup adapter probably whould get one.

Also the Haze stand made by Ratchett at Delta3DStudios.com is amazing, keeps everytning organized, makes for a much more pleasant vaping experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

woolspinner

One thing I recentlty found out by accident is if you drop the cans and lids into a denture cleaning solution (I get them at Walmart cheap generic brand) they come out super clean. Even the browning on the outside of the cans that does not come off with an iso soak comes off after an hour in the denture solution. So when I soak my nightguard in the morning I throw in the cans from the day before.

My hero! I hate the stains. But more than that - my 20y.o. bite guard is hideous. Going to try the denture cleaner, too!

woolspinner,
Reactions: ilsasta

C No Ego

Hey, I just got the DO20 D bubbler. What kind of screen do I use when smoking as water pipe?
A link maybe?

Thank you,
all of the screens and cans work well using the wpa and bubbler.. the cans can keep the chamber in the v3 clean but either of the two available screens work too while using a wpa.. you can use oils in the oil cans too and wpa just be conscientious/aware of not dripping oils into the air outlet... some people say to leave the vape flat while using oils in it... I've never tried personally though

Top Bottom