Discontinued Haze Dual V3

mrtnluther

Berlin School
Hello everyone! I have been looking for a sidekick vape to keep my Pax 2 company and I have a question aboot the Haze. After the first couple of draws on the Pax it seems like the draw gets much tougher as the material compacts due to heating....what is the draw like on this vape for dry flower? I love the Pax but sometimes it is a struggle to get an easy hit. Thanks for any advice

mrtnluther,

George1151

Hello everyone! I have been looking for a sidekick vape to keep my Pax 2 company and I have a question aboot the Haze. After the first couple of draws on the Pax it seems like the draw gets much tougher as the material compacts due to heating....what is the draw like on this vape for dry flower? I love the Pax but sometimes it is a struggle to get an easy hit. Thanks for any advice

Only have tried Pax 1. Draw is much better with the Haze. Much less restricted. There are probably other portables out there with better draw but Haze draw is pretty nice.

C No Ego

Haze has a magnificent draw.
Not too free, not too restricted!

I got the glass WPA with the haze and use that to draw on native and then draw through the bubbler later.. the open stem on the wpa allows even better free flowing pulls...

yesterday was a three session day- started with the can then later the convection screen then later still the conduction screen. it was a good order to follow and kept things hazy

George1151

Received the Haze Vaporizer stand last week from @Ratchett and I must say I really like it. Keeps everything organized and in 1 place and has a very small footprint. One of the battery storage holes is perfect for storing my Haxe WPA GonG. Makes managing the Haze and all the accessories a breeze. Just wish the shipping cost to Canada was more reasonable although he did give me a code for a bit of a discount.

Recommended

http://delta3dstudios.com/haze-vaporizer-stand/

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
Received the Haze Vaporizer stand last week from @Ratchett and I must say I really like it. Keeps everything organized and in 1 place and has a very small footprint. One of the battery storage holes is perfect for storing my Haxe WPA GonG. Makes managing the Haze and all the accessories a breeze. Just wish the shipping cost to Canada was more reasonable although he did give me a code for a bit of a discount.

Recommended

http://delta3dstudios.com/haze-vaporizer-stand/

Wow, that looks pretty awesome.

Hippie

Has anyone noticed after extended use, that the airflow gets lets restricted?

Hard to explain but one day driving, I was switching between canisters after using the right side and noticed the left side was hitting ALOT harder, not a little, ALOT, same bud and everything, same temperature too.

I can't tell if its the left side that heats up faster/better or just hits less restricted but it doesn't seem to be equal and I'm trying to figure out how/why and a way to test it.

Yes - and then we clean :)
At a guess, the air path is building up with oil which then gets reheated and liquified again on subsequent uses and runs back down the internal path towards the heating chambers and buiids up at the base of the air path which will be different depending on which heating chamber you have selected, hence the uneven change to the airflow.
Some iso alcohol on a cotton bud down the mouthpiece hole (in both oven selection positions) will clear that out and even up the airflow again for ya.

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
At a guess, the air path is building up with oil which then gets reheated and liquified again on subsequent uses and runs back down the internal path towards the heating chambers and buiids up at the base of the air path which will be different depending on which heating chamber you have selected, hence the uneven change to the airflow.
Some iso alcohol on a cotton bud down the mouthpiece hole (in both oven selection positions) will clear that out and even up the airflow again for ya.

Welcome Hippie, what a great first post :rockon:

Drexciya,

Philreal187

@George1151 I'm also a big fan of @Ratchett haze stand! I think its almost a must have for serious haze lovers! Glad to see new members of the family enjoying what the haze has to offer. Enjoy guys and keep the feed back rolling always enjoy reading others opinions!

:peace:

George1151

As I mentioned a few posts ago I find that if you are able to run a qtip through the airpath when the unit is warm (as soon as you turn it off, I pop out the battery too as others have suggested) you really don't even have to use iso. I find that when warm a simple qtip run through the air path and the oven tops and even the silicon gasket holding the oven lids will clean things up nicely. You can even use the dirty qtips to clean out the cans and get most of the gunk off those too. I don't even soak the cans anymore, iso qtip on the cans when they are sticky dirty takes just about everything off. Sometimes I blow compressed air through everything (mouthpiece out of course) but very little comes out. Using just the cans and not the screens leaves the actual ovens looking like new, no need to do anything to them I find.

A pipe cleaner through the Haze WPA GonG seems to take care of most of the stickies as well. Haven't used the GonG enough to know how long it will last this way before needing an iso soak though. The less I handle the glass WPA the better, it looks pretty fragile.

I clean the airpath just about after every session. Frequent cleaning and dumping abv asap makes the unit itself neutral smelling. I definitely do not want my house smelling like a dispensary lol.

I opened up a few of my mason jars with boveda 62 and bud in them (only open less than 5 minutes) and my wife calls me into the basement where I keep them and tells me she thinks we got skunked and for some reason it's really bad in the basement.

Well we did get a bit skunked but not by a mammal lol.

Hippie

All this talk of adapters makes me :)

Am I the only 1 that uses a elastic band wrapped round the mouthpiece tube a few times to make a seal with their glass?

I was a little surprised we didn't get a silicon o ring for the job, and a battery case of some kind in the box tbh.

Cl4ud3

All this talk of adapters makes me :)

Am I the only 1 that uses a elastic band wrapped round the mouthpiece tube a few times to make a seal with their glass?

LOL ingenious, first time I've heard of that :)

Last edited:

milkmann

Hello all, had my Haze V3 for a while now and haven't really used it that much due to not being overly impressed, but after re-reading through some of these posts I realise I must be missing something. How much should be roughly loaded into both the SS cans and the conduction/convection bits? Maybe I'm not loading enough, or overloading, but I think it might be under-loading as I think I recall some people saying 0.15-0.2 in a can and that's just way too much for my cans. I'm filling them both to nearly the top, little bit less. Herb is pretty dry, works perfect in the Evo and E-nano. I just can't get that much flavour, and certainly minimal vapour production, which judging by what I've read here is not correct. And no effect either, barely feel anything after a can/session. The herb is pretty brown too, so it's definitely been vaped. I start on temp 1 and work through to 4. At 4 there's a small amount of wispy vapour. I'm doing a normal medium grind and tamping down very lightly on the load. Tried taking both sips and longer draws, nothing works.

Please help!

milkmann,

Philreal187

@milkmann I don't weigh my herb for the cans but I use a medium grind and fill the can full. I might give a slight tamp to to keep the herb in place before putting the lid on. Are you placing the can tab outwards? I found if I had a can accidentally put in the wrong way I would get light wispy hits and also kill the can because the oven still cooks it thoroughly.

I also would sometimes put a small cut screen on top of the herb before placing the dry herb lid on. This gave me better results with a bit less herbs. I hope you find a solution to get that haze back up and running to its full potential!

:peace:

rshetts

Reversed cans was my very first suspicion. If the herb is good and is getting vaped, then there is no reason for the lack of flavor and effect. The Haze has a pretty free airflow and precise temperatures so the laws of physics alone should provide you with a decent experience with the Haze. I also use pretty much the exact same loading process as Philreal. Medium grind with a santa cruz shredder, packed full and lightly tamped down. You may want to start on heat setting 2 for awhile. If you have the bowl in correctly, are starting on heat 2 and your herb is decent, you should be getting good results. Unless of course your unit is not heating properly but that's a whole nother problem.

George1151

I like temp 1 for bud. Takes longer to get going than the higher temps but after a few hits it works nice depending on the strain, most are good at 1 I find. Move to 2 for last few hits l. I also find waiting 30 seconds or longer between hits gives much bigger clouds.

Flavor is much better at 1 too.

Through water I start at 2 and go to 3 for last few hits.

I also found the unit to work better after using it a few weeks.

scottg402

Hello all, had my Haze V3 for a while now and haven't really used it that much due to not being overly impressed, but after re-reading through some of these posts I realise I must be missing something. How much should be roughly loaded into both the SS cans and the conduction/convection bits? Maybe I'm not loading enough, or overloading, but I think it might be under-loading as I think I recall some people saying 0.15-0.2 in a can and that's just way too much for my cans. I'm filling them both to nearly the top, little bit less. Herb is pretty dry, works perfect in the Evo and E-nano. I just can't get that much flavour, and certainly minimal vapour production, which judging by what I've read here is not correct. And no effect either, barely feel anything after a can/session. The herb is pretty brown too, so it's definitely been vaped. I start on temp 1 and work through to 4. At 4 there's a small amount of wispy vapour. I'm doing a normal medium grind and tamping down very lightly on the load. Tried taking both sips and longer draws, nothing works.

Please help!
Thanks for letting us know. Can you email me at sales@hazevaporizers.com with a picture of your packed chambers? I will walk you through a series of steps and get this figured out. I just want to handle ithe over there instead of FC because the system will track the case and pics will be easier in email. We will get you fixed up!

bobo305

have had the haze 3.0 for 6 months now, here are my thoughts. this is a terrific portable vape, better than expected. very nice clouds for a portable, relatively smooth for a conduction vape, I do have a very sensitive throat. I use it through the pwt if used at home, convection basket on level 2 works great. dual bowls big plus as well. sturdy build, reliable, (hear dat crafty owners) and without a doubt, the best cs in the industry in my opinion. (again, crafty owners, hear dat!) 10 year warranty, need I say more? shout out to Scott, he's the freakin best! I don't see any storz-bickel cs reps reading or caring about this site, or their customers. need to also mention the draw flow. free flowing, how they accomplished that in a conduction vape is amazing.

Last edited:

scottg402

have had the haze 3.0 for 6 months now, here are my thoughts. this is a terrific portable vape, better than expected. very nice clouds for a portable, relatively smooth for a conduction vape, I do have a very sensitive throat. I use it through the pwt if used at home, convection basket on level 2 works great. dual bowls big plus as well. sturdy build, reliable, (hear dat crafty owners) and without a doubt, the best cs in the industry in my opinion. (again, crafty owners, hear dat!) 10 year warranty, need I say more? shout out to Scott, he's the freakin best! I don't see any storz-bickel cs reps reading or caring about this site, or their customers. need to also mention the draw flow. free flowing, how they accomplished that in a conduction vape is amazing.
Thank Bobo. I do really care and I do like to make sure my Haze family is well taken care of! I am glad you appreciate it and glad you appreciate the unit!

George1151

Tip- do not leave the house and forget your haze mouthpiece! lesson learned...

Lol been there. You can still put your mouth to the vapor path and draw. Works a lot better than packing up the Vape.

What does not work is forgetting the battery. When I forgot the mouth piece I said to my buddy , well at least I didn't forget the battery so we can still use it. Open up the battery compartment and voila, no battery, no session, dumb vaper left feeling dumb and dumber .
Lol.

C No Ego

overall for dry herb either the little cans or the conduction screen have been great. I will have access to concentrate later and will try the concentrate can out. I suppose having a tiny bit of oil down in the can and having the unit at high temps will not harm the unit?

Top Bottom