Discontinued Haze Dual V3

Hot Dog Day 187

Is the charger expected to run kind of warm from the AC input? charged my XL batteries overnight and now it's charging up the non-XL's but feel like it got warmer than my other 18650 chargers do.

Hot Dog Day 187,
Reactions: Enchantre

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I haz a battery question.

So, I understand that it's best to use both batteries, and charge them together, so that the load is balanced. I'm assuming do NOT mix XL and regular, right?
Do I need to run them down to auto shutoff/ red blink? do they need to be equally spent when I put them in the charger? Can I swap earlier, in order to prevent low battery, and recharge from partly used, without damaging them?

How long can they sit on the charger past full?

Heck, lots of battery questions. Hubby seems assured, but I'm not.

Hot Dog Day 187

So, I understand that it's best to use both batteries, and charge them together, so that the load is balanced.
The actual best way would to time your sessions down to the minute and put the exact same load on each battery, but draining them to about the same level is fine. They do not need to be charged together though - as the Haze only uses one battery and not two it's not essential the batteries be also charged as a pair.

I'm assuming do NOT mix XL and regular, right?
Shouldn't matter if the Haze charger truly treats both battery bays as separate bays and not applying the same charge to both - someone from Haze will have to verify if the charger acts this way or not. it seems like it since batteries will show different levels. that said to be safe i'd charge the xl's with the xl's and the regs with the regs unless i knew it charged them independently.

Do I need to run them down to auto shutoff/ red blink?
generally running to auto off is not great because that implies the battery is struggling to not go to too low a voltage - i would shut off at first indication of low battery IMO or shortly thereafter.

do they need to be equally spent when I put them in the charger?
hopefully my above answer cleared this up a bit

Can I swap earlier, in order to prevent low battery, and recharge from partly used, without damaging them?
yup, but habitually charging to 100% is not a good thing to do for the battery, the best thing to do is get them to almost empty but not critically low and rcharge.

dont leave them on more than a couple hours.

got any more? :)
[/QUOTE]

subway13029

I'm hating being without my haze..well I'm without stems and cans..Scott has def told me to get ahold of him to get me squared away but I've been holding out til Monday because that man does plenty enough that I do not wanna bother him on his weekends..lol..I will have stems ordered Monday fo sure...

UnshavenFish

So, I understand that it's best to use both batteries, and charge them together, so that the load is balanced.
The actual best way would to time your sessions down to the minute and put the exact same load on each battery, but draining them to about the same level is fine. They do not need to be charged together though - as the Haze only uses one battery and not two it's not essential the batteries be also charged as a pair.

I'm assuming do NOT mix XL and regular, right?
Shouldn't matter if the Haze charger truly treats both battery bays as separate bays and not applying the same charge to both - someone from Haze will have to verify if the charger acts this way or not. it seems like it since batteries will show different levels. that said to be safe i'd charge the xl's with the xl's and the regs with the regs unless i knew it charged them independently.

Do I need to run them down to auto shutoff/ red blink?
generally running to auto off is not great because that implies the battery is struggling to not go to too low a voltage - i would shut off at first indication of low battery IMO or shortly thereafter.

do they need to be equally spent when I put them in the charger?
hopefully my above answer cleared this up a bit

Can I swap earlier, in order to prevent low battery, and recharge from partly used, without damaging them?
yup, but habitually charging to 100% is not a good thing to do for the battery, the best thing to do is get them to almost empty but not critically low and rcharge.

dont leave them on more than a couple hours.

got any more? :)
[/QUOTE]

Spot on :tup:, couple things I would add...

Even if charged together they don't have to be the same level, each bay charges to 4.20v then will cut charge, the two charge indicators show that each bay is independent, although charge speed can be affected by the number of cells you charge.

Charging to full (4.20v) will shorten the life of the cell compared to a lower voltage, but running them almost empty is not needed as there is no memory effect with these cells, partial charges would actually be better (less stress) for overall cell life, with lithium the only reason for doing a full discharge then charge is to keep things like the battery level indicator on things like mobile phones/tablets accurate.

If you charge to 4.10v just this alone can double the amount of discharge cycles you get over the life of the cell while only loosing around 15% runtime per charge, it will also greatly speed up charging as the last stage takes the longest due to reduced Amps as the cell is topped off, that last 10-15% of the charge could take upto a third of the total charge time.

Example...if charging to 4.20 gives 500 charge/discharge cycles and 100% capacity, 4.10 could give upto 1000 cycles with 85% capacity, in short more life for the cell.

Hot Dog Day 187

Finally got around to giving my haze a shot. put a convection screen in one and a conduction screen in the other. got about an hour total, probably a little more out of that, got a little weak by the end but you could tell when it started getting nice and hot and then it would give great hits. only tried it with the glass stem. still trying to figure out the ideal draw to get the most out of a bowl of one of these but ill figure it out...

considering i sold my mighty on a total whim to get one of these and a vapman, im pretty happy with it!!! doesnt make insane clouds all day like the mighty but some pretty great ones. lots of really nice blue vapor on 2. havent taken it higher than 2 yet except for a minute at the end of my last session.
i noticed with what i -think- is the conduction screen (just guessing, i forget what i put where) i could kill off and get super dark abv without restarting, on the convection screen (guessing by taste/terpiness) both times had to restart it from auto-offing

overall im happy that i have this instead of the mighty now, swappable batteries is nice and it hits pretty great. im gonna give it another session tonight

edit: yup the conduction screen on level 1 is pretty damn tasty.... with the glass mouthpiece the flavor lasts longer than on the mighty IMO :)

@subway13029 my haze mini review would not be complete without a major shout out to @scottg402 a very very solid dude. I can say I'm happy I replaced my Mighty with this and for its price point IMO that's a fairly big compliment to the Haze V3. I am a new V3 owner and never owned/tried a haze before this. The plastic mouthpiece is what killed the mighty for me IMO and importing new glass tubes from the UK is too much not to mention the haze offers a way to store the glass tube. I'm not sure i'd want to have the glass tube sitting inside the haze if I dropped it but I'm fairly sure it'd be okay. I don't really plan to try the steel tube until I bring it out somewhere I don't want to have the glass for durabilit reasons :)

edit 2 just finished a nice long session.... packed both screens mostly full of some GSC. did the whole convection screen at level 1. was god damn incredible. literal blue vapor. killed it before the auto off kicked in. did the convection bowl at 1, got some nice terps but nothing else, so cranked it to 3, had to reset the auto off twice but ended up with lots of great hits and abv ended up same level for both. brought a standard battery from full to pretty low with that big long session. pretty ripped!!!

Last edited:

UnshavenFish

I was told by Haze that the batteries are perfectly safe to leave in the charger at all times. It shuts off when they are full.

The charger will stop charging when they are full otherwise they would go fizz, hiss or BOOM (maybe all three) there are multiple levels of protection going on with the haze, the batterys are protected (PCB) I haven't tested the one I took apart but it looks good and should have the standard overdischarge disconnect at around 2.5v needing either a charger or to get over 3v to reconnect, overcharge disconnect at around 4.6v resetting once removed from charger.
Then the charger will have overcharge protection and most likely a heat cutoff (at a guess somewhere between 30°c - 50°c) and also a guess but probably something in the unit as well but I ain't gonna break my lovely haze apart to find out lol

In reality the chances of anything going wrong are probably much worse than winning the lottery... but chips can fail, damage can happen...although with multi layers of protection IMO the haze is probably as safe a bet as you can get with a vape, if the batterys were unprotected then all it would take is one chip to fail in the charger and things could go wrong.

Personally I always remove any cells from the charger once they are done, it keeps my head happy and as most of my other cells are unprotected it's a good habit for me to keep, lots of people out there have left cells in the charger for hours even days and I know someone who left a torch cell in the charger for a couple weeks when on holiday with no bad results (although he was lucky as it was a cheap Chinese charger (by this I mean no brand and one green light, cheap) and an unprotected cell)

Anyway with the haze it should be fine, but don't go doing anything stupid like charging them on your pillow next to your head while you sleep ;)

A little bit of caution in life is a good thing, these cells if (and I admit it's a BIG if) they go wrong have the potential to do some damage, so IMO deserve to be treated with atleast some respect, so even if leaving them in the charger always remember to check them for damage on a regular basis.

:peace:

mikeben

I mean I take them out and use them everyday, but I do just keep two in the charger at all times so they are ready to go. Well only one when I'm using it. My batteries are in great shape as far as I can tell. I just feel by using the name brand batteries and charger it's safe. That said if I was to not be using them a few days I would unplug the charger. I asked a lot of questions to Haze as far as battery safety and care when I first got the unit and so far so good.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I imagine you can use a sort of insert you can plug in the charger with 2 batteries(or with a wall plug adaptater) to offer longs concentrates/flowers sessions as a desktop or a portable desktop, it can offer the extra power to use both chambers in the same time.....maybe for the Haze 4.0!

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
Hi all, new to the forums here and just had a few questions. I recently got my first vape (e nano) and have decided I never want to combust again.:) I'm now in need of a portable and I've narrowed my choices down to the Haze v3, alfa and the flowermate.

My main question is, with these portable types, am I able to load them up at home, then carry them around all day without having to worry about spilling out or spilling into the unit if it is shaken around? Or do I pretty much want to load it and consume it at the same time?

Also I'm sure with the money I will now save on product I'll just end up getting all 3 eventually, but convince me why I should get the haze v3 over the other 2 first. :D Thanks guys.
admittedly skimmed through all my new posts so not sure if it was covered but for loading at home and carrying all day, YES to the Haze, no idea about the others lol.
YES is capped bc it is one of my favorite parts about the haze, it is sooooo convenient! It comes with 2 batteries so you're set if you can't get them on a charger throughout the day (like most people here, I got an extra 2 so im never without power)
back to your question, you can get a bunch of extra cans & tops and either the Haze keychain or one of @Ratchett's can holders which you can fill your cans and keep them in your holder/keychain so you have plenty all ready to go with practically no effort (just taking the old can out and putting the fresh can in) it's wonderful

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Here is more:

And part two/2/deux:

I'm loving it.

@PDwasmy1st , the concentrate cans have a pad of a sort inside. it will soak up liquid, and more gooey or solid will sit on top. I can think of no reason, EXCEPT that the more liquid, the lower the temp you'll need, and the more solid might need more, but otherwise, it would take what you put in there.
might taste like utter crap, however.

mikeben

Here is more:

And part two/2/deux:

I'm loving it.

@PDwasmy1st , the concentrate cans have a pad of a sort inside. it will soak up liquid, and more gooey or solid will sit on top. I can think of no reason, EXCEPT that the more liquid, the lower the temp you'll need, and the more solid might need more, but otherwise, it would take what you put in there.
Take the cotton out except for the juice.

PDwasmy1st

Here is more:

And part two/2/deux:

I'm loving it.

Thanks , i could add some flavouring aswell, and i've been told to use peg 300 - 400 in other vapes when mixing vg with oil so it's not the same for this one? the reason i want to do this is to have a nice cloud everytime but weaken my hits kinda like rolling a joint but 2015 style and no nicotine...

After watching your film it seems to me level 1 is pointless as level 2 is not really worth it, but would be for e liquids maybe. but not really liquid oil mix with peg 300-400 or would it be? anyone? and level 4 would probably run abit hot? what is your experience on level 4 and heat? so level 3 looks like the only setting i'd want to use...

PDwasmy1st,

mixchu69

Is the haze leather case odor-proof?

Edit: sometimes other products I buy state "odor proof", but if I leave in my car overnight, it still smells (personally l love the smell).

Last edited:

PDwasmy1st

@scottg402 please get them to make a V4 with the ability to heat both chambers at the same time, this way we can have some mj free liquid in 1 and concentrate or leaf in the other , this way we can better regulate our thc content. :)

PDwasmy1st,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Here is more:

And part two/2/deux:

I'm loving it.

I saw a dragon but only a little bit of a funny hat.

I couldn't tell from the video so forgive me if I'm wrong, but it looked to me as though you might not be putting the SS lid on properly, and that's why things went off the rails when you tried to put the can with the kief into the Haze. The little tab on the screen is meant to go inside the can, thereby keeping it in place.

That was a lot of kief.

pakalolo,
Reactions: Enchantre

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I saw a dragon but only a little bit of a funny hat.

I couldn't tell from the video so forgive me if I'm wrong, but it looked to me as though you might not be putting the SS lid on properly, and that's why things went off the rails when you tried to put the can with the kief into the Haze. The little tab on the screen is meant to go inside the can, thereby keeping it in place.

That was a lot of kief.
Was not the only boo boo... lots of laughs making the vids!

Yup. Now that I have a good way to use the kief, I'll be a bit more careful with my supply...

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Was not the only boo boo... lots of laughs making the vids!

I made the same mistake myself. The lids came with the tabs not tucked in so I assumed they weren't supposed to be. When the lid fell off, I thought that can't be right, and then I realized you should tuck in the tab. I think that omitting that tip from the manual was my only criticism of the V3. I mentioned it to @scottg402 so that will probably be remedied at some point.

scottg402

@scottg402 please get them to make a V4 with the ability to heat both chambers at the same time, this way we can have some mj free liquid in 1 and concentrate or leaf in the other , this way we can better regulate our thc content. :)

It's on the list sir. Thanks for the suggestion.

I made the same mistake myself. The lids came with the tabs not tucked in so I assumed they weren't supposed to be. When the lid fell off, I thought that can't be right, and then I realized you should tuck in the tab. I think that omitting that tip from the manual was my only criticism of the V3. I mentioned it to @scottg402 so that will probably be remedied at some point.

Yes I already brought this up. I just made some videos for unboxing, usage and cleaning. They are all being edited at this point. I included that point in the video. I will let everyone know when they are ready.

Top Bottom