Haven't slept in 3 days....

Ven

Praying Mantis
For those of you who don't know, I have an extremely rare form of insomia that makes me NEVER feel tired, sleepy, drowzy whatever. I can go as long as I like until my muscles or brain will manually begin to sleep, aka I can't move and my thoughts become staggered and difficult.

I feel so useless right now, my thoughts are so hazy. The first night I took a generous amount of whip hits to ease me into sleep...with no luck. Day 2 I took two bowls worth of whips, and blew a bag, I got high as a kite but just could not sleep. Last night I avoided all caffiene, ate some leftover xmas turkey (apparently good for sleep, heh), and took 5-6 bags of vapor from my Extreme and still had another all nighter.

Here I am day 4...On the third day I should have gone to the hospital so they can put me in a chemically induced coma to reset my sleep pattern, but it is honestly the shittiest feeling. Normal ansthetics have very little effect on me, I find marijuana helps, but I was denied for medical use. So they use a heavy duty chemical that they inject me with, it's a horrible feeling...imagine thousands of arms reaching out and grabbing you, pulling you into the darkness.

Now, not like I would know, but if I had to guess, it feels like dying, it isn't relieving at all the way marijuana is...it's a sinking feeling, and when I wake up, I'm not exactly speedy gonzalez, my muscles and brain figure they'll take a little vacation and function minimally to catch up.

I apologize for the long post, but I don't really expect to be sleeping anytime soon tonight either unfortunately, and typing this gives me something to do while my next bowl heats up.

Peace

Ven

Ven,

Frickr

i know this is a vapor forum. but have you tried smoking or eating some good brownies made with the leftovers? get the sleep inducing compounds out of the bud. for me vaping doesnt give me the tired stoney feeling of smoking.

i take L- tryptophane pills myself for sleep problems (same stuff in turkey) and have tried to take meletonin, which knocked me out cold. both of which can be had over the counter. im not sure how those would help in yoru condition though.

Frickr,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Yo Ven ... sorry to hear about your probs bro. I remember reading one of your previous posts about your Insomnia. I suffer insomnia too but nothing as intense as you. Dont really know what to say ... I'll have a PD bowl for you brother and wish you happy sleep thoughts. I'll be up for a while if your posting tonight ... its only 8pm in the deep southern hempshere.

:peace:

vaporcloud,

Ven

Praying Mantis
Smoking is out of the question, and the body buzz from my stuff is way to strong.

Tried both those plus thousands like them, pharmacuteicals do very little for me.

Ven,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Insomnia - this is an actual song I wrote many years ago. One I've never recorded :uhoh:

I cant sleep I'm an insomniac
I can't sleep don't have a panic attack
My eyes are heavy and the nights are long
Im not sleeping but the light is not on

I can't sleepI'm an Insomniac
Can't sleep its a matter of fact
Little white pill is waiting for me
I drop it down and the sand man brings me sleep

I hear you breathing
Your so deep into sleep
My mind is wondering you know but
I - cant - sleep

vaporcloud,

Beezleb

I suffer from insomnia quite a bit and I feel for you. I hope you find some relief.

Beezleb,

Frickr

well i wish you the best of luck. i couldnt immagin not sleeping for that long..

Frickr,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Tried Melatonin?

I have insomnia too and it works wonders for me. Beer and weed tends to really help too. That and Coast to Coast AM.

Sorry to hear about the sleeping problems. Maybe abstaining from all drugs and alcohol (including MJ) for a while might help too?

Do you use AIM/MSN, I'm often up on the wee hours (and because of the AK timezone) if you ever wanna chew the fat. ;)

SpiralArchitect,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
ven...are you in a place where you can get specific about your weed strains? If you are able to get more indica rather than sativa, that may help out. Indica being the couchlock high and sativa being the cerebral high.

stickstones,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Hope you found some sleep Ven.

I've just had a 2.50am wake up so hoping a couple of PD tube sends me back into slumber ZZzzzzzz

vaporcloud,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I'm about 6 tubes deep and still can't sleep, 5:07am. :uhoh: Winter break is totally screwing with my sleep cycle.

edit/// I just tried to lay down. Thought I was tired, then mind starts racing. My brain needs an on/off switch.... Oh well, may as well just start the day! :)

SpiralArchitect,

Ven

Praying Mantis
stickstones said:
ven...are you in a place where you can get specific about your weed strains? If you are able to get more indica rather than sativa, that may help out. Indica being the couchlock high and sativa being the cerebral high.
Yeah, I only vape Indica, a close friend is one of the areas main growers, so he tries to give me the best he can to help with my sleep.

I bought a 1/4 oz. off a no namer on the street, it knocked me out like a light, but I could never find the damn guy again, and I vaped so much of it, my buddy didn't even have any idea what strain it could be (no leaves or anything leftover lol).

On the brighter side of things, I managed to get a solid 7 hours of sleep last night, I feel recharged. :)

Ven,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Great to hear you got some sleep! I find that the cheap regs make me sleepier...maybe try some cheap shit?

stickstones,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
hahaha :lol: at all of the posts so far....im finding a trend...i cant sleep aswell but its more i want to stay awake and the thought of sleep is too boring(i usually sleep for 12 hours...some times)
what are those pills called that bring back dreams to twacked out stoners who cant dream anymore :lol:

serious question^

Hennessy1414,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
Hennessy1414 said:
hahaha :lol: at all of the posts so far....im finding a trend...i cant sleep aswell but its more i want to stay awake and the thought of sleep is too boring(i usually sleep for 12 hours...some times)
what are those pills called that bring back dreams to twacked out stoners who cant dream anymore :lol:

serious question^
I think you're thinking of cannabinoid antagonists like rimonabant. Scary stuff!

KeepCalm,

HoneyAir

The first times I started smoking, there was this experience where we returned from a long trip and when we arrived at the house we smoked quite a bit... then everyone went to sleep.

I was so stoned that I had the hardest time sleeping....

I've always found it easiest to sleep at the tail end (at least 2 hours) after smoking... (or vaping in this case).

Other things that helps me to sleep:

1) Being well fed/satisfied (ie: being sleepy after the Thanksgiving meal)
2) Right after a hot shower
3) If the mood is right, right after an orgasm

If tossing and turning in bed is the problem, then you absolutely have to get more exercise, something that can release excess energy... don't rely on what others like but on what you like, that you consider fun in some way.

HoneyAir,
Top Bottom