Have you ever tried an oil/concentrate pen you actually LOVED ?

Have you ever tried a concentrate pen you loved as much as a dab rig/nectar collector/etc ?

• Yes

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Not sure, got too stoned.

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Sorry to hear your disappointment. You say the bottom is glued? That is very concerning, I'd like to hear more. I assumed it was not a cup but never expected there to be any glue. Are you sure about that?
Not sure about glue or not. I should not have said glued. I should have said sealed. My post has been edited to correct this.

I am still waiting on information from Paul at Puffco as to what materials are in the atty and if they consider them safe.

nosmoking,

Baron23

I just pulled up your manual on eleaf site, it does support setting wattage in TC mode:

Adjust wattage: In TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/TCR(M1,M2,M3) mode, the output wattage can be adjusted from 1W to 100W. Keep pressing the menu button and up button simultaneously without looseness to increase the wattage level. On the contrary, keep pressing the menu button and down button simultaneously without looseness to decrease the wattage level.​

Not sure if you require a firmware update or not. While in the desired TC mode, hold down the middle button while pressing one of the other two button to raise or lower the wattage.
thanks, mate. Haven't had the chance to look the manual over and I appreciate you doing so for me.

I will definitely look into that later today and see what I can do. And yes, perhaps I need a firmware update. Haven't done that since buying it 8-9 months ago.

I think 13 watts would be a good setting while in TC mode. Comments?

Baron23,
Reactions: toros23

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
@nosmoking, Thanks for taking our posts into consideration. The ceramic body of the DT v2.5 is fixed to the metal base with a high-heat ceramic glue which is inert to over 1000F, says DT. The puffcos probably use something similar. While this glue or cement is probably safe at the temps the atty is used at, not having any glue is better, at least in theory, and is preferred.

There is no glue or cement or the v3s, just screws.

Also, i think its great that someone has got the puffco working in TC! This can upgrade the performance of the puffo substantially. From the settings mentioned, it seems like the ceramic cup has nichrome wire leads for the heater element, just like the DTs. 13w is a good safe setting to start with on TC if thats what you fire it at VW. If the ohms is about .7-.8 or so, you could probably bump the watts to 16, 18, 20, even 25w safely. You may be rewarded with bigger, instant hits from a rapid warmup with no sacrifice of flavor or harshness, for any brave puffco pioneers.

Theres much more id like to cover if i have time later but this is just one of those crappy short posts typed into my phone during an idle moment at work. Images, quote, copy paste, not easy to use.:(

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@nosmoking Kandypens Elite claims "leak proof technology"
Also the Miracle S seems to be designed to be pretty leakproof and hold a lot of material.

The v3 also leaks under the donut. I looked yesterday and the sides of the donut were fine, but some leaking on the mounting post. Hopefully DT comes out with a real solid cup, I know it's on the list but I believe he was told it would be quite a while.

invertedisdead,

Baron23

I just pulled up your manual on eleaf site, it does support setting wattage in TC mode:

Adjust wattage: In TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/TCR(M1,M2,M3) mode, the output wattage can be adjusted from 1W to 100W. Keep pressing the menu button and up button simultaneously without looseness to increase the wattage level. On the contrary, keep pressing the menu button and down button simultaneously without looseness to decrease the wattage level.​

Not sure if you require a firmware update or not. While in the desired TC mode, hold down the middle button while pressing one of the other two button to raise or lower the wattage.
Hi @toros23 - thanks man...I just read the manual and it is indeed in there (at the top of the page after it tells you how to set TC...I guess I thought I had the info and skipped over it).

So, when I went to set wattage while in TC mode, it started at 100W which I believe is what it was set to and I believe I have been using it this way since I bought it.

I cut this down to 16 watts but does anyone have any input on a good wattage level to use with TC mode. I have DT 2.5/Atmos Kiln type atomizer on it.

Any input or suggestions on wattage level for TC mode?

Baron23,
Top Bottom