Have you ever tried an oil/concentrate pen you actually LOVED ?

Have you ever tried a concentrate pen you loved as much as a dab rig/nectar collector/etc ?

• Yes

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Not sure, got too stoned.

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
The Puffco Plus does allow you to access and clean every part without disassembly. Since the heater is below a dish its as simple as swab the dish just like an enail.

Can you access the entire air flow path and remove the heater with it's wire leads from their contact points on the atomizer base, and also clean underneath the cup? It's possible for oil and reclaim to leak into the atty from the side air flow holes, I think(like any dab atty) so if you can't access that stuff underneath, that can lead to a marginally fouled air intake. This could happen on the DT 2.5 and others. It's a rather marginal point, IMO, but some people want a 100% cleanable atty, not just a cleanable vaping surface.

I completely understand why @herbivore is not convinced on the DT. There are many reasons I am not sold on it like the simple reason that exposed donut tech is flawed IMO because you cannot clean it without disassembly. Thats probably a big reason why DT is trying to get crucibles/cups for the atomizers he sells. I also would not take well to someone telling me its no big deal to take apart the atomizer for thorough cleaning as I just dont have time for that shit. I am a very busy person at home and work so I really appreciate the ease of sticking a q-tip in the Puffco Plus and spinning it around a couple times after one heat cycle to get it brand new white again!

Agreed that the crucible cup holds the best potential as a ceramic heating element that is the easiest to load and keep tidy. Not sure how they compare vs donuts on air flow and leak resistance? Donuts have been mounted in a variety of attys with different cups and air intakes and paths, some implement the design better than others. The DT... v3.5 let's call it? with a crucible cup seems like it will be made sometime this year, let's hope, so we'll see how it compares with the puffco, if and when?

I'm also a pretty busy guy too, and work, but at least we're finding time to make these posts? ;) I disassemble a v3 donut for a full soaking and cleaning and burning...every several weeks or so...after dozens + loads. To keep it clean in the intermediate, I try to vape up my loads in entirety, not leaving partial melts and reclaim on the bottom. I pick at any oil that may stick to the side with a dab tool to put it back on the donut. And if any crust accumulates, I wipe it clean with my flat dab tool at 200F and it looks almost as white as new. Not as easy as a quick qtip swab but I mange it pretty easy. There will be trace reclaim underneath the donut in the cup, but I don't hate on vaping a little reclaim if it isn't all thick and grossed out. At that point that stuff makes less vape and is flavor-neutral, but still has alot of actives. Some people demand keeping their dab gear even much cleaner than me, most are much more slovenly.

Those of you who have posted about the DT have had very little to say about the Puffco Plus. You have even criticized or questioned the performance, yet you have not tried any such device because it is currently the only one. It shows that you guys did not look into the Puffco Plus really and do not understand its design.

I read through the whole puffco thread not that long ago...I looked at as many pics as I could easily look up. My memory may fail me, but correct me if I'm wrong about some of the drawbacks or potential problems with the puffco:

• units overheat - fixed by using box mods I think? But why even sell them with "vape pen" batteries then?
  • cups can leak out if overloaded or if you don't vape up your loads to completion - nothing special there. I think any atty mentioned in this thread is prone to that, to some degree
  • airflow on the puffcos looks pretty limited, that limits performance and vape cloud production. i see this as a crutch to aid heating elements that don't warm up quickly with high watts also
  • you can't change the heating element or cup or access underneath the atomizer. you just throw away and replace atomizers when they wear out. convenient for some users, but others like to re-use, tweak and clean all internal parts
To be fair, the puffco does have some cool features, like the crucible cup, and the needle-loading tip is pretty innovative too. Although I connect my donuts to my dab rigs and bubblers for 95% of my puffs (no mouthpiece) that wouldn't help me too much. :(

To really be fair, let me list the downsides of the DT v3.0. It's not perfect either. I've already listed the strengths

• wire lead holes underneath the cup are prone to a slow, slight leakeage if you overload the donut or don't vape up your loads completely. with the air holes this can happen too but I find this more avoidable there. this can be minimized with proper use but i'd like to see it eliminated, could make over-loading more feasible
  • the posts on the atomizer deck for the wire leads can be improved - the contact between the post, screw and wire lead isn't always sufficient for a steady Ω reading which can cause TC to act erratically or drop into VW mode. This problem can be eliminated by stuffing a few short wire strands in the post to act as conductive buffers, but better post terminals and screws would be nicer. Other atomizers that aren't rebuildable won't have this problem, but I've found poor contact on the wire leads in many non-RBA carts to be an occasional problem, on the non-RBAs you can't fix the wire if its contact breaks. :( Out of 14 DT v3 atty's I'm using, the contact problem only bothers me occasionally on 3 or 4 of my donuts
  • the design of the cup that holds the donut allows some oil to collect underneath, which won't always be vaped up with normal use at moderate temperatures. you can get at most of this stuff easily with a small tool, but it would be nice if this didn't happen. cups hold more potential for tidyness in this dept.

Please don't take my words as further contradiction. Instead, please understand them as another perspective.

For sure! I don't think anyone here is meaning to say their preferred device is the only way to go, and all others are crap. Some of us have different vaping needs and preferences and priorities than others. I don't think anyone posting on this thread is going to convince the other guy to switch to the competing device that they're skeptical of, but at least for the many other people lurking or reading this thread, we should at least try to get the most, best, accurate information out there, to help others make good choices right?

I understand the Puffco plus perfectly, I'm skeptical after all of the bad reviews and reports on it. It definitely does not have many supporters on FC, which is a red flag to me if the atomizer works so well, I feel like everybody would be talking about it. I love the cup idea for sure, but it would be super frustrating to go back to such a small atomizer.

I feel you on that too. Just because we're group-thinking donuts doesn't necessarily mean it's better for all, but I do tend to trust the general consensus on this forum and factor in the reviews. Maybe some of the earlier rough patches in a new product release (which are common) have been smoothed out and some of the bad reviewers weren't using the product properly (many people get confused by the DTs + TC at first too) But I just don't see tons of people here saying they love puffcos, maybe I'm just not seeing them :shrug:

The biggest "red flag" to me on the puffcos is why the maker is telling people not to use it in TC mode? If they know the composition of their lead wires, and the supplier is consistent, and it is not kanthal, there should be no problem in using TC.

Possible reasons for not promoting TC might be cuz puffco's donut wires may be of varying sources? Or maybe they just want to continue pushing those little obsolete overpriced unregulated batteries that go with them? IDK?

Lucky for me, I'm fairly healthy. But the closest thing I have to a disability is being prone to asthma if i breath polluted crap like smoke, combined with my allergies. I can tolerate very little smoke before I can't breathe well, so having a vape than can possibly combust with normal use (even a little bit) is a deal-breaker for me. My airway can actually tolerate and enjoy pretty big decent vape clouds if it's pure and sufficiently cool. I've never found a vape atty that fires at a fixed wattage could satisfy my hunger for big clouds and reliably not combust at the same time.

Even a little pyrolysis in my vape makes my throat swell up too :o :ko:

It's really easy to see if the puffco or any atty can TC if you have the mod. If it's under 1.5Ω, just set the TCR low to start at 120 or so (SS) and maybe 350, 400F or whatever, at moderate watts at first, commensurate to the atomizer Ω. See if you get any vape. See if it drops out of TC into VW (if it doesn't thats good) Keep bumping up the TCR # in increments of 10 or 15 or so, holding the same temperature, until you start getting vape. As you notice the time duration it takes to reach protection, you may increase the watts as well. When you find a TCR # that makes the kind of vape you want at a reasonable temperature setting you want to use, then you've set up your atty for TC! If you know your wire material, you can skip all this.

Also, if you have access to an IR thermometer with adjustable emissivity, you can keep your atomizer empty and dry while you bump up the TCR #'s until it matches the readings on your thermometer.

All of this stuff has been well covered in the DT thread. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to dive in and read the 102-page tome that is that thread today, but there's tons of good stuff in there.

Sorry for another TC-nerd rant, but this kind of stuff is critical to my vape needs :science:

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Isn't the ceramic plate just a donut without a middle hole? I read a post that said the Puffco Plus is not actually a 1 piece atomizer, and how that person ripped the plate right out with a dab tool trying to scrape it. Can someone confirm?

invertedisdead,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I honestly don't have time to defend the Puffco Plus product adequately so I will not try. It is more apparent that many do not understand the design. Perhaps I can get a picture of an atty I have destroyed sometime if I remember but honestly that is not my focus. I tried a lot of different style atty's and I am very happy with the Puffco Plus. I am also highly concerned about efficiency among other things and I feel the Puffco Plus is among the most efficient I have used and best tasting. We don't need to argue that because its my opinion...but perhaps you guys can try to understand if the DT is not for everyone.

Also, anything you have read in the Puffco thread is probably on the old style atomizer prior to the Plus. I had to follow @AVENTUS through multiple threads just to find anything on the Plus atomizer.

toros23

I've been using puffco+ atomizer and batteries as a daily driver for over a month, so I can provide some limited feedback. Keep in mind, I only run rosin pressed from bubble hash through my carts. I have been rotating 4 carts and never had any overheating. I mostly use the carts on the puffco battery but have also used extensively on omicron v4 and eleaf ipower mod. I have never had issues with clogging because of the holes being too low but my loads are small and I swab after each session. For me, airflow is perfect on the puffco but I know this all comes down to preference. I have a DT v3 and the airflow is way too much for me and is why it gets very little use. Again, all comes down to preference. Also, puffco only supports their carts on their batteries, so I doubt there is going to be any discussion with them about TC on a mod. It may work fine, but someone just needs to figure it out.

I do plan to disassemble one of these carts some day. I do not think this is a solid ceramic cup but rather a solid bottom pressed tightly against the ceramic walls in the cart. Again, I could be completely wrong here. I have been able to ISO soak (not shake!) and burn off a cart (at 13W) to get it back to like-new but I know I am not getting everything inside. I did ruin a cart with a simple ISO soak and vigorous shaking, so I want to see what is going on in there.

I like the puffco+ so much I shelved many, many hundreds of dollars of W9 gear. Could just be a honeymoon period for me, but for now I am really happy with these carts. Like I said before, this is the first cart I have been able to use consistently without water filtration and I have tried many. That has been a big deal for me, but again we all know this mostly comes down to personal preferences. Despite my current love for this cart, I am still looking for the next great vaping gadget! lol

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I honestly don't have time to defend the Puffco Plus product adequately so I will not try. It is more apparent that many do not understand the design. Perhaps I can get a picture of an atty I have destroyed sometime if I remember but honestly that is not my focus. I tried a lot of different style atty's and I am very happy with the Puffco Plus. I am also highly concerned about efficiency among other things and I feel the Puffco Plus is among the most efficient I have used and best tasting. We don't need to argue that because its my opinion...but perhaps you guys can try to understand if the DT is not for everyone.

Also, anything you have read in the Puffco thread is probably on the old style atomizer prior to the Plus. I had to follow @AVENTUS through multiple threads just to find anything on the Plus atomizer.

Who said it was for everyone? I don't understand little digs like that, we're all just sharing our opinions. Which DT have you owned? I don't think anybody said the DT is perfect at all? Just that There isn't much competition when it comes to other atomizers that are temp controllable...

I believe @AVENTUS is the one that actually posted that it is not a 1 piece atomizer. Hopefully he will chime in, but his latest postings indicated he much prefers the Linx Hypnos Zero and Kandypens Elite over the Puffco.

Last edited:

toros23

Who said it was for everyone? I don't understand little digs like that, we're all just sharing our opinions. Which DT have you owned? I don't think anybody said the DT is perfect at all? Just that There isn't much competition when it comes to other atomizers that are temp controllable...

I believe @AVENTUS is the one that actually posted that it is not a 1 piece atomizer. Hopefully he will chime in, but his latest postings indicated he much prefers the Linx Hypnos Zero and Kandypens Elite over the Puffco.

Little digs? I have no idea what you are talking about. I didn't even use the word, "everyone" in my post. I only own latest DT.

toros23,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I meant to quote NO SMOKING,
Sorry!
I'm on an iPad and it's a bunch of steps to insert new quotes on an edited post, you posted before I could edit.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: toros23

toros23

I meant to quote NO SMOKING,
Sorry!
I'm on an iPad and it's a bunch of steps to insert new quotes on an edited post, you posted before I could edit.

No worries! I was so confused for a minute and thinking to myself.. "now I remember why I stopped posting my opinions/experiences on FC.."

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
No way, your experiences are very welcome, I think we all want to hear about what's working for people. If the Puffco IS good, it should be talked about. I'm sure you're aware these well marketed pen companies don't all have the best reputation, so posts that can reference multiple devices is great.

I want to know how well it really pulls material off the sidewall. Coil atomizers with all their radiant heat seem to do this decently, trickier with donuts. Do you load it with the dart? Does that work well? Small atomizers are difficult for me to load, in the past I would hit my ti tool with the torch to get it to drip to avoid losing material to the sidewall. I find the DT very easy to load, and I've really enjoyed being able to load so easily. It does have a lot of airflow, which I like, but if I hand it to someone they are likely to draw harder than necessary if I don't mention anything.

invertedisdead,

toros23

No way, your experiences are very welcome, I think we all want to hear about what's working for people. If the Puffco IS good, it should be talked about. I'm sure you're aware these well marketed pen companies don't all have the best reputation, so posts that can reference multiple devices is great.

I want to know how well it really pulls material off the sidewall. Coil atomizers with all their radiant heat seem to do this decently, trickier with donuts. Do you load it with the dart? Does that work well? Small atomizers are difficult for me to load, in the past I would hit my ti tool with the torch to get it to drip to avoid losing material to the sidewall. I find the DT very easy to load, and I've really enjoyed being able to load so easily. It does have a lot of airflow, which I like, but if I hand it to someone they are likely to draw harder than necessary if I don't mention anything.

Yeah, I am aware of the reputation of the major vape pen makers and have avoided them. Then a friend that I trust recommended puffco+ and I was shocked at how effective it worked for my needs. I strongly emphasize, 'my needs' because we all have different needs when it comes to medicating.

From what I can tell, it does not pull material off the sidewall at all. The oil tends to run up the walls and the dart and once it is there, it seems to stay. Sort of what I expected going in, was no surprise for me. I usually load enough to get 4 or 5 really huge hits (i'm still a cloud chaser after all these years).. then swab and repeat.. Speaking of dart, I really miss Thermovape products (OF, I see you are still around!)..

Sometimes I load with the dart, it just depends on the consistency of the material I am using. If I can roll it up in a tiny ball and drop it in, that is my preferred method of loading. The dart makes it super easy to load, but for reasons stated above (oil climbing dart) I prefer to load w/o dart, keep the material on the bottom of the chamber instead of the sides of the dart. If I am on the go, I always use the dart. It is super convenient in that regard.

The 3 power levels on their tiny battery also work really well for me. I can start my day on lowest temp, gradually working my way up to the highest temp at night. Unfortunately, I need 4 or 5 fully charged batteries to get through a day, which is why I use other batteries sometimes. But I do prefer their battery, the pen altogether feels really nice in the hand.

For you DT experts out there.. I like a more restricted airflow, should I have tried an earlier version (i.e. v2.5)? I never tried a Kiln when those first came out. I have tried holding my fingers over the holes in the V3, but I can never seem to dial it in the way I like. That mouthpiece on the v3 is just too big for my liking and I really don't want to bust out the silicone tubing and old vape parts to make it work the way I like.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Yeah, I am aware of the reputation of the major vape pen makers and have avoided them. Then a friend that I trust recommended puffco+ and I was shocked at how effective it worked for my needs. I strongly emphasize, 'my needs' because we all have different needs when it comes to medicating.

From what I can tell, it does not pull material off the sidewall at all. The oil tends to run up the walls and the dart and once it is there, it seems to stay. Sort of what I expected going in, was no surprise for me. I usually load enough to get 4 or 5 really huge hits (i'm still a cloud chaser after all these years).. then swab and repeat.. Speaking of dart, I really miss Thermovape products (OF, I see you are still around!)..

Sometimes I load with the dart, it just depends on the consistency of the material I am using. If I can roll it up in a tiny ball and drop it in, that is my preferred method of loading. The dart makes it super easy to load, but for reasons stated above (oil climbing dart) I prefer to load w/o dart, keep the material on the bottom of the chamber instead of the sides of the dart. If I am on the go, I always use the dart. It is super convenient in that regard.

The 3 power levels on their tiny battery also work really well for me. I can start my day on lowest temp, gradually working my way up to the highest temp at night. Unfortunately, I need 4 or 5 fully charged batteries to get through a day, which is why I use other batteries sometimes. But I do prefer their battery, the pen altogether feels really nice in the hand.

For you DT experts out there.. I like a more restricted airflow, should I have tried an earlier version (i.e. v2.5)? I never tried a Kiln when those first came out. I have tried holding my fingers over the holes in the V3, but I can never seem to dial it in the way I like. That mouthpiece on the v3 is just too big for my liking and I really don't want to bust out the silicone tubing and old vape parts to make it work the way I like.

Thanks!

That's what I'm really waiting for is a ceramic crucible that will pull material down the sidewalls like a hot nail. I know Source claims their Terra 2 does this, but I've read otherwise.

When you say you need 5 batteries, is this your daily driver?

invertedisdead,
Reactions: toros23

toros23

Thanks!

That's what I'm really waiting for is a ceramic crucible that will pull material down the sidewalls like a hot nail. I know Source claims their Terra 2 does this, but I've read otherwise.

When you say you need 5 batteries, is this your daily driver?

That sounds amazing, but after reading about the love folks have for their sapphire bangers, I think I will hold out for an atomizer with a sapphire crucible!! Some day..... lol

Sort of embarrassed to admit it around here, but yes, the puffco+ is my daily driver for now. I have lots of flower vapes and lots of different atomizers, but this is working best for me right now because of the portability. I didn't expect this to happen, but it did....

edit - starting to test TC with the puffco+ carts on my eleaf mod. So far so good set at 13W on Ni setting. Not dialing in exact temps since I have no idea the TCR value needed, but setting at 320 is holding steady without glowing the bottom of the cart. Going to work my way up and see how it goes.

Last edited:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
That sounds amazing, but after reading about the love folks have for their sapphire bangers, I think I will hold out for an atomizer with a sapphire crucible!! Some day..... lol

Sort of embarrassed to admit it around here, but yes, the puffco+ is my daily driver for now. I have lots of flower vapes and lots of different atomizers, but this is working best for me right now because of the portability. I didn't expect this to happen, but it did....

edit - starting to test TC with the puffco+ carts on my eleaf mod. So far so good set at 13W on Ni setting. Not dialing in exact temps since I have no idea the TCR value needed, but setting at 320 is holding steady without glowing the bottom of the cart. Going to work my way up and see how it goes.
Can you elaborate on how you set up TCR mode? I am clueless on this part and would like to start trying it out. I haven't really gotten any burnt flavor but I still want to try it out. I have a eleaf Pico Mega el should be similar to setup.

And don't be embarrassed. I have been using the Puffco Plus as my daily for almost 3 month's and I can't complain. I use a SiC dish at home, have not tried sapphire and probably won't ever unless it comes down in price to be much closer with SiC. Not saying its not worth it's price, it's just not for me at that price.

Edit: nevermind elaborating on how to set up TCR mode. I couldn't figure out how to chsnge the wattage once in TCR and didn't have the instructions on me. I figured it out though finally!

Last edited:

toros23

Do you know how to change to one of the TC modes? For my device I have a tiny button between the "up/down" button that I use to cycle the modes. Some will be presets (i.e. Ti, Ni, SS) and others are custom. If you can find a way to switch to "Ni" then all you need to do is set the wattage and temp. I am using 13W and temp around 310 right now. Depending on the resistance of your cart, most of mine are around .65, this might work well for you.

I have no idea how to do this on your device but if you pull up your instruction manual online you can probably figure it out. It will just be a sequence of keys you need to press but I have no idea what they are for your mod.

toros23,

Baron23

Could someone explain to me why you would set both the material type for TC (e.g. Ni) AND the wattage?

It strikes me that with my Eleaf its an either or. Either set TCR for TC and set a temp or set a variable wattage.

Bit confused by mention of setting TC AND variable wattage.

Thanks

Baron23,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Could someone explain to me why you would set both the material type for TC (e.g. Ni) AND the wattage?

It strikes me that with my Eleaf its an either or. Either set TCR for TC and set a temp or set a variable wattage.

Thanks

Sure, in TC mode wattage controls how fast it gets to temp. Thats the beauty of TC, I can slam it with 30 watts to temp, and my mod will automatically throttle back and modulate the power to hold me there.

Since ceramic atomizers take longer to heat up than coil atomizers, this has been a revelation for me in loading a tiny little dab and getting a nice complete draw more reminiscent of a rig than a whispy pen rip.

Last edited:
invertedisdead,
Reactions: zor

toros23

Thanks

That is a good question. I had same question as to why set this and could not find answer anywhere. So I was left to assume this is the max wattage/voltage sent to atomizer. I simply picked a wattage that would not exceed 3v with these carts. Hopefully someone else can elaborate.

Sure, in TC wattage controls how fast it gets to temp. Thats the beauty of TC, I can slam it with 30 watts to temp, and my mod will automatically throttle back the power to hold me at temp.

Makes sense.. I would not want my mod to send 30W to this cart though.. That is still under 5volts but not sure if it can take it.

Last edited:
toros23,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
In TCR mode the device is set to a wattage to get it to that temp. Its basically how fast do you want to get to temp. At least this is how I understand it, anybody feel free to jump in and correct me as TC is very new to me. I also understand that too high of watts can cause ceramic to explode from personal experience. When you put the Pico Mega into any TCR mode it automatically starts out with the watts at 80.0 from the factory. I never knew how to change this (only had the box mod a month) and wasn't sure which TCR mode to use tlwith the Puffco so I never cared to look really. Now I got it all set! TCR NI at 11.5 watts which I might move up to 12.6 with temp set to 330. Its too soon for me to reflect on any possible performance differences but it does seem to work as good as it did in wattage mode if not better. More time will tell.

Baron23

In TCR mode the device is set to a wattage to get it to that temp. Its basically how fast do you want to get to temp. At least this is how I understand it, anybody feel free to jump in and correct me as TC is very new to me. I also understand that too high of watts can cause ceramic to explode from personal experience. When you put the Pico Mega into any TCR mode it automatically starts out with the watts at 80.0 from the factory. I never knew how to change this (only had the box mod a month) and wasn't sure which TCR mode to use tlwith the Puffco so I never cared to look really. Now I got it all set! TCR NI at 11.5 watts which I might move up to 12.6 with temp set to 330. Its too soon for me to reflect on any possible performance differences but it does seem to work as good as it did in wattage mode if not better. More time will tell.
I guess I need to read the instructions with my Eleaf TC 100W mod....don't remember needing to set wattage with TC.

Thanks

Baron23,

toros23

Cool.. So far with just an afternoon in TC mode, I like it. Not sure if Ni is best setting, but it works and seems pretty consistent for temps so far. Personally, I don't see the need to find correct TCR value for these carts and dial in the actual temp and don't even know if it is possible with this type of cart.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I guess I need to read the instructions with my Eleaf TC 100W mod....don't remember needing to set wattage with TC.

Thanks
I am using an eleaf Pico Mega so perhaps they are the same. 5 button presses for on/off. 3 presses to change the mode to TCR NI, VW, TCR SS, etc. And 4 presses when in TC mode to change the wattage. Try the 4 presses.

Cool.. So far with just an afternoon in TC mode, I like it. Not sure if Ni is best setting, but it works and seems pretty consistent for temps so far. Personally, I don't see the need to find correct TCR value for these carts and dial in the actual temp and don't even know if it is possible with this type of cart.
i agree but still a little curious so I reached out to my support contact Paul at Puffco to see if they will share what material the heater is made of. I was also thinking about checking the temperature with a temp gun but I doubt that would be accurate.

nosmoking,

Baron23

I am using an eleaf Pico Mega so perhaps they are the same. 5 button presses for on/off. 3 presses to change the mode to TCR NI, VW, TCR SS, etc. And 4 presses when in TC mode to change the wattage. Try the 4 presses.

Doesn't appear to be the case so far. I have three buttons on the Eleaf TC 100W. One is the mode button, two are the up/down, and to turn it on is five presses on a "button" on the side separate from the control buttons. Cycling the Mode button goes throught VW, VV, TC Ni, TC Ti, TC SS, M1-3 (presets you can configure).

As far as I can tell, changing the wattage value in VW has no impact on TC mode and TC mode does not include an option to set wattage used.

I will look into it some more and see....I may well be wrong on this but I don't think so.

Baron23,

toros23

Doesn't appear to be the case so far. I have three buttons on the Eleaf TC 100W. One is the mode button, two are the up/down, and to turn it on is five presses on a "button" on the side separate from the control buttons. Cycling the Mode button goes throught VW, VV, TC Ni, TC Ti, TC SS, M1-3 (presets you can configure).

As far as I can tell, changing the wattage value in VW has no impact on TC mode and TC mode does not include an option to set wattage used.

I will look into it some more and see....I may well be wrong on this but I don't think so.

I just pulled up your manual on eleaf site, it does support setting wattage in TC mode:

Adjust wattage: In TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/TCR(M1,M2,M3) mode, the output wattage can be adjusted from 1W to 100W. Keep pressing the menu button and up button simultaneously without looseness to increase the wattage level. On the contrary, keep pressing the menu button and down button simultaneously without looseness to decrease the wattage level.​

Not sure if you require a firmware update or not. While in the desired TC mode, hold down the middle button while pressing one of the other two button to raise or lower the wattage.

toros23,
Reactions: Baron23

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I will provide more information including pictures in the Puffco thread sometime when I can get time to make a sensible write up to go with my pictures, however to get to my point, due to some questions raised by @invertedisdead and @Vape Donkey 650 I will not be buying any more Plus atomizers in the near future. I thought inverted and vape did not understand the design of the atomizer, but then I started questioning my understanding so I decided to be sure. What I found is that all 3 of us did not completely understand the design. I really thought the Puffco Plus atty was a complete cup/crucible with no seams at the bottom. I took a couple old attys apart that died on me from plugging them into a defective Puffco battery. Oil does leak into the cart behind the cup and the cup is a contoured cylinder with a sealed in floor so there is a seam at the bottom in which oils could leak through. So basically the Plus is no better than the donut designs or others. It has been easier to keep clean which helps avoid a lot of build up, however I am longing for a device that does not allow any leaks or waste for me to have clean up or lose out on.

Last edited:

toros23

I will provide more information including pictures in the Puffco thread sometime when I can get time to make a sensible write up to go with my pictures, however to get to my point, due to some questions raised by @invertedisdead and @Vape Donkey 650 I will not be buying any more Plus atomizers in the near future. I thought inverted and vape did not understand the design of the atomizer, but then I started questioning my understanding so I decided to be sure. What I found is that all 3 of us did not completely understand the design. I really thought the Puffco Plus atty was a complete cup/crucible with no seams at the bottom. I took a couple old attys apart that died on me from plugging them into a defective Puffco battery. Oil does leak into the cart behind the cup and the cup is a contoured cylinder with a glued in floor so there is a seam at the bottom in which oils could leak through. So basically the Plus is no better than the donut designs or others. It has been easier to keep clean which helps avoid a lot of build up, however I am longing for a device that does not allow any leaks or waste for me to have clean up or lose out on.

Sorry to hear your disappointment. You say the bottom is glued? That is very concerning, I'd like to hear more. I assumed it was not a cup but never expected there to be any glue. Are you sure about that?

toros23,
Top Bottom