• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Have you ever tried an oil/concentrate pen you actually LOVED ?

Have you ever tried a concentrate pen you loved as much as a dab rig/nectar collector/etc ?

• Yes

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Not sure, got too stoned.

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

AVENTUS

And if so, what were they ?

Only pens I've come close to loving so far, are my Linx Hypnos Zero & Modified Puffco+
But I'm wondering who else has really loved a pen, and which ones ?

cgm1mninvendrs9y.jpeg

-3HxpCf-ame-p3w2mY5UN6C8MAEjVEKtg7Qh9S7a8yw.jpg

Last edited:
AVENTUS,

sixtysix

The Hypnos Zero is awesome, probably the best one I've used... I love dabs through my stereo matrix way more though personally .

sixtysix,

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
I loved the o.pen design for how simple and leak proof they were.

I still have a few in case I choose to go back to ecig thc oil.

I'm looking to pick up a divine tribe atty soon, those ceramic donuts look good and I want to try one. People rave about them so I'm going to find out for myself.

thisperson,

AVENTUS

I've had several top notch pens, but in terms of effect or efficiency, nothing can rival a low temp enail with a proper cap
What portable low temp eNails & Caps do you think are the hands down best on earth right now ?

AVENTUS,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
dont have one myself yet, but will as soon as i have the funds.

if money is no object, most are leaning towards tbe Liger v3 with either of their caps- i dare say the liger is changing the game.

herbivore21

@FlyingLow knows what's up! Especially if you have a sapphire nail; or SiC if sapphire is not a reasonable spend in your scenario, there's just no competition coming from pens. If you dab full melt, you've got no choice in pens except for ceramic donuts which take too long to heat up and give a good rip IME - full melt requires extra heat to melt up before vaporizing compared to errl.

I prefer a number of flower vapes for concentrate use over any pens on the market (love the dynavap range and the Evo for this)! Some of these can give better flavor for longer and allow you to pack larger bowls and not have to LAYG (which really hurts the actual portability of these units for use for longer outings public - reloading in public can be messy and risky!).

Wick and coil carts can be enjoyable for short portable use in public, but still have the LAYG problem and do suffer from polymerization byproduct buildup stuck between wick and coil over time - they are very difficult to get PERFECTLY clean to my standards. I notice a lot of waste in all pen carts that has to be reclaimed and after the purge ends up much lesser oil than it first was. Proper nail technique avoids this issue completely.

IME if your pen gives a better taste vs clouds balance than low-temp enail dabbing on sapphire, SiC, ceramic or even some when efficiently and evenly heated - you're not doing dabbing properly ;) :2c:

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
Personally I tried a couple different O-pen style pens, and while they were 'discrete' and convenient, they were also harsh as hell (top quality CO2 oils from PopNaturals used), and VERY variable as to how many decent hits they could pull off before you pulled out another battery.

I retired them and replaced them with a Joyetech eVic Vtwin Mini 'mod-box', and Divine Tribe v3.0 ceramic donut. Once you figure out the learning curve (which is a fair amount, but there is a LOT of education to be found in the DT thread), you can get very nice hits for quite a while (you can even double the amount of battery available if you want). Now this is a single session setup, but others have experimented with the various types of tank assemblies available, and with those you can go for quite a long time (just pay attention to which tanks have leaking issues).

Baron23

Linx Hypnos Zero. I do have enails and box mod/donut coil atomizer and KP but I do like the Zero while not having a lot of other interest in pens in general.

I tend to use the Zero as an addendum to my flower consumption...that is, a couple of hits from the Zero after a flower session for that good night's sleep medication.

If I want to just vape wax/shatter straight up, then I think its hard to beat a good enail.

Baron23,

Saccs

Yes loving my O-pen style battery along with Pure Vapor cartridge... Simple but very effective.

Saccs,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I've had several top notch pens, but in terms of effect or efficiency, nothing can rival a low temp enail with a proper cap

I agree but I can't say I understand WHY.

Wick and coil carts can be enjoyable for short portable use in public, but still have the LAYG problem and do suffer from polymerization byproduct buildup stuck between wick and coil over time - they are very difficult to get PERFECTLY clean to my standards.

Did you ever find anything that worked well? I haven't ever been able to really clean a coil even with 24 hours of ISO soaking.

Last edited by a moderator:

waxdab23

Did you ever find anything that worked well? I haven't ever been able to really clean a coil even with 24 hours of ISO soaking.

I use an ultrasonic cleaner with excellent results. Additionally, I'll sometimes need to use a toothpick to gently swipe off some of the black gunk that didn't fully separate.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I use an ultrasonic cleaner with excellent results. Additionally, I'll sometimes need to use a toothpick to gently swipe off some of the black gunk that didn't fully separate.

Very interesting - Thanks!
What is your favorite pen?

invertedisdead,

herbivore21

No never found anything that worked for cleaning pens ideally, the closest I ever got was an ultrasonic cleaner, solvent wash and high pressure steam cleaning.

Since my Omicron v4 that I purchased back when they were first released had a dead on arrival KISS cart that still never got replaced after being approved for warranty (I've contacted every staff member at w9 since many months ago repeatedly with promises and then gradually no responses over time), I took the opportunity to try other vapes instead. The dynavap line of vapes (especially the omnivap) are much better for portable concentrate use than any pens IME and can be fully cleaned too! Use an SS concentrate pad by cutting and reshaping a crafty/mighty pad to keep your dab from melting through the stock screen, heat about 2-4 seconds past the click (start at 2, see if you need more for next heat cycle). This has been my portable driver for a long time now!

I've tried ultrasonic followed by pressurized steam based cleaning but still found like you that extra picking is required and even then, I still found that over time the buildup was unmanageable and effected flavor. Still, thankfully I was able to abandon pens as mentioned above.

waxdab23

Very interesting - Thanks!
What is your favorite pen?

They all have their pros and cons so I can't really say I have a "favorite." And, I can't say I like any of the "pens," as in I don't really use any of their stock batteries. I take the attys off and put them on my box mods.

All four of these are in my rotation: W9 Alpha Centauri v1 and v2 with dual ceramic/Gr2 Ti coil (sometimes with a black ceramic donut placed on top), Yocan Evolve Plus with dual quartz/nichrome coil (the stock battery on this one is pretty cool because it has a built in silicone dab container - I just don't like that the wattage is not adjustable), HVT Saionara with wax coil.

The W9 Hercules is a beast of its own and can't really be compared to traditional wax attys like the ones mentioned above. It also has its pros and cons.

AVENTUS

I can safely add Kandypens Elite to my list of pens I actually love now. It's their best yet, and I move it past the Puffco Plus, into a solid tie so far with the Linx. But it's got a bigger chamber and all four temps seem usable to me with the ceramic disc chamber, so I may soon rank it on top, if it holds up long term like the Linx has so well.

AVENTUS,

AVENTUS

All four of these are in my rotation: W9 Alpha Centauri v1 and v2 with dual ceramic/Gr2 Ti coil (sometimes with a black ceramic donut placed on top), Yocan Evolve Plus with dual quartz/nichrome coil (the stock battery on this one is pretty cool because it has a built in silicone dab container - I just don't like that the wattage is not adjustable), HVT Saionara with wax coil.

The W9 Hercules is a beast of its own and can't really be compared to traditional wax attys like the ones mentioned above. It also has its pros and cons.
i can't wait until W9 releases a newer version of their 1701 donut atomizer, featuring a sealed floor and high wall airflow, so it can be used with distillate and really terpy live resins or other runny concnetrates.

AVENTUS,
Reactions: waxdab23

b0

Cloudy...
i can't wait until W9 releases a newer version of their 1701 donut atomizer, featuring a sealed floor and high wall airflow, so it can be used with distillate and really terpy live resins or other runny concnetrates.

PLEASE! Cant wait :D_

b0,

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
They all have their pros and cons so I can't really say I have a "favorite." And, I can't say I like any of the "pens," as in I don't really use any of their stock batteries. I take the attys off and put them on my box mods.

Care to elaborate re the hercules? Thanks

VapourHaze,

waxdab23

Care to elaborate re the hercules? Thanks

Sure...It's a beast of its own in that it does not use disposable coils and is not LAYG (load-as-you-go) as you can load it up with about a half gram.

The number one advantage with the Herc is flavor - best of any pen or atomizer, by far. Its load capacity is certainly another advantage.

My biggest gripe with it is the required cool down hits after each session. Bit of a pain in the ass to me personally so I don't use it as a daily driver, but as an occasional portable to enjoy some good tasting concentrates. Even at the higher wattage, fat rips, flavor is still excellent.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I can safely add Kandypens Elite to my list of pens I actually love now. It's their best yet, and I move it past the Puffco Plus, into a solid tie so far with the Linx. But it's got a bigger chamber and all four temps seem usable to me with the ceramic disc chamber, so I may soon rank it on top, if it holds up long term like the Linx has so well.
How is that Elite holding up? Would you still rank it above the Puffco Plus and/or Linx? I like the Puffco Plus a lot myself because it's so easy to clean and avoid ever getting any burnt taste or excessive reclaim build up. I use the Puffco Plus atty on a Pico Mega at 10.5 watts to get some great flavor and clouds are decent too. I don't understand why all concentrate pens are not using a completely sealed cup design like the Puffco Plus. I feel like even a plate in a sealed cup allows for burnt off leftovers to get trapped and the plate has to be attached somehow so I am guessing there is a tiny section of exposed wire somewhere. I have no experience with the plate atty's but I am considering it since you like them over the Puffco Plus. For me, a bigger (wider diameter and deeper) chamber in the Puffco Plus and adjustable air flow like the Source Orb 4 would be the best vape pen design.

Also, are the Hercules only rod/coil type atomizers or do they currently have a donut, plate or cup atomizer out?

nosmoking,

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Sure...It's a beast of its own in that it does not use disposable coils and is not LAYG (load-as-you-go) as you can load it up with about a half gram.

The number one advantage with the Herc is flavor - best of any pen or atomizer, by far. Its load capacity is certainly another advantage.

My biggest gripe with it is the required cool down hits after each session. Bit of a pain in the ass to me personally so I don't use it as a daily driver, but as an occasional portable to enjoy some good tasting concentrates. Even at the higher wattage, fat rips, flavor is still excellent.

Thanks mate

VapourHaze,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!

Is the Herc atty you use a coil atty? How can it be better flavor than the coil-less ones or have you not tried them? I know that comes off as a rhetorical question, but I am seriously curious as to how you would compare and why you think it might taste better.

What do you use as a daily driver?

Also, what are cool down hits? I stay away from the W9 threads honestly because they are so overwhelming in size and good information seems harder to find in those threads.

nosmoking,
Top Bottom