Have you ever had strain so strong it scared you wasted?

luchiano

wthanna said:
I'm sorry, but I have to call BS on this whole blood sugar theory, unless you can show some studies to back you up. There are many diabetics out there that use this stuff.. particularly among the hispanic community in my part of the world (South Texas). If Cannabis was having this profound effect on blood sugar, we would see people slipping into diabetic comas, among other things, and it just is not happening, period. If it was, the prohibitionists would be using this as another excuse for their position. Post links to the studies please! :peace:
If you go back and read what I posted, you will see obviously why diabetic comas won't happen due to homeostasis plus the fact that they most likely eat food high in vitamin C and complex carbohydrates so a balance will be reached.

luchiano,

luchiano

tdavie said:
@luchiano I've been reading your posts with some interest. Do you have any links or references to peer reviewed articles regarding Cannabis comsumption and glucose levels?

thanks

Tom
I found out this knowledge on vitamin C, cannabis and blood sugar from putting everything together by experience, reading scientific articles while listening to others and it has worked for me and everyone else I tell although most fight me at first like I'm getting here and it gets tiring but just do some research on ncbi and you should find what you're looking for.

Just go to google and type site:ncbi.nlm.nih.gov thc blood sugar ncbi cannabis or pubmed.

I'm glad to see beezleb notices the same thing and has seen what works. All I'm doing is giving info to prevent what I know has been plaguing the community since who knows how long and no one has been giving answers besides being told to slow down, breath because it's all in your head, not take in as much herb or just take some sugar water AFTER the negative effects occur. The method I gave will give you positive highs and after a while it will let you get higher off the same amount of herb but that depends on your metabolism which is why I recommend resistance training right before doing aerobics. The exercise speeds up the effects I'm stating.

BTW, if you do try the method please do it exactly as I state because when I was on another site I started a thread to show an earlier version of this method and I got three pages of post and only ONE person tried it and he didn't do it like I stated. He did it in the morning and puffed hours later even though I stated to puff within an hour of doing the method. I will say that on OG there were more people willing to try it out and EVERY ONE said it worked for them but again that wasn't a lot considering how big OG was but I kept seeing threads about negative effects from weed. It was sad to me how people want help but when they get a simple answer they don't believe it but will listen to someone who tells them it's all in their head and to breath and go for the ride and take a break or who knows what else.

luchiano,

wthanna

luchiano said:
wthanna said:
I'm sorry, but I have to call BS on this whole blood sugar theory, unless you can show some studies to back you up. There are many diabetics out there that use this stuff.. particularly among the hispanic community in my part of the world (South Texas). If Cannabis was having this profound effect on blood sugar, we would see people slipping into diabetic comas, among other things, and it just is not happening, period. If it was, the prohibitionists would be using this as another excuse for their position. Post links to the studies please! :peace:
If you go back and read what I posted, you will see obviously why diabetic comas won't happen due to homeostasis plus the fact that they most likely eat food high in vitamin C and complex carbohydrates so a balance will be reached.
Again... please post the supporting data... not just say "most likely" and expect everyone to believe it is fact. Nothing personal, but many if not most of your posts are written in a way that reads as though you are posting proven, factual information. Please provide supporting data. You MAY BE entirely correct and have done your homework.. maybe not.. If you are simply posting opinion and anecdotal evidence and personal observation, then you should make that more clear. You like to use technical terms, and can make a convincing arguement. You are probably a good speaker and/or debater. Please don't in any way interpret this as a personal attack. If shown the evidence, I might agree with you completely on the matter.

In summary: You are a good and convincing writer. Please support your statements with some backup data. You like to use technical terms, etc. in your posts, which will lead some to believe you know what you are talking about (and you very well may), and possibly make medical decisions based on that information. This can be dangerous.. and we DO have a lot of medical users on this forum.

wthanna,

luchiano

wthanna said:
luchiano said:
wthanna said:
Again... please post the supporting data... not just say "most likely" and expect everyone to believe it is fact. Nothing personal, but many if not most of your posts are written in a way that reads as though you are posting proven, factual information. Please provide supporting data. You MAY BE entirely correct and have done your homework.. maybe not.. If you are simply posting opinion and anecdotal evidence and personal observation, then you should make that more clear. You like to use technical terms, and can make a convincing arguement. You are probably a good speaker and/or debater. Please don't in any way interpret this as a personal attack. If shown the evidence, I might agree with you completely on the matter.

In summary: You are a good and convincing writer. Please support your statements with some backup data. You like to use technical terms, etc. in your posts, which will lead some to believe you know what you are talking about (and you very well may), and possibly make medical decisions based on that information. This can be dangerous.. and we DO have a lot of medical users on this forum.
I'm not going to argue and try to prove my point when people already don't want to believe what I'm stating. I've been through this before. I get asked to show proof, I do that and then I'm told it isn't good enough or some other reason. I'm not doing it anymore because it gets TIRING. Remember I'm not the one with the problems, I'm the one giving you answers.

In this case I'm not telling you to take a certain herb or do a certain activity, I'm telling you to take what you NEED(vitamin C and fruit juice) at a specific time and it is cheap so affordability shouldn't be an issue if your buying cannabis.

Also, I get tired of people always saying show the evidence instead of seeing for themselves. This is not a school test and we are not in debating class to see who can win an argument, this is pure physical information that you can try for yourself without needing a lab or pharmaceutical funded research backing. If you don't believe me then don't do it but again you will have the issues not me. I give and learn the info on my own because I care not because I want to get money and get you to like me.

luchiano,

wthanna

Then you really need to stop giving "medical advice". Blood sugar and blood sugar levels are not something to be toyed with at the advice of a non expert if you are diabetic. I sincerely hope those reading this thread will take this seriously and not cause themselves great harm because they chose to take the advice of someone giving medical advice when indeed they are not qualified to do so, and will not back up their advice with any facts from real studies whatsoever.

Sorry dude. I tried to give you a chance for some credibility, but your last post says it all... your tired... it's not worth your time..

wthanna,

lwien

What I don't understand is that when any negative aspects of vaping weed is brought up, it always seems to be attributed to low blood sugar by a few members here. In this particular instance, could it be that blood sugar had nothing to do with it, but instead, it was simply a matter of taking too many hits in a very short period of time.

lwien,

luchiano

wthanna said:
Then you really need to stop giving "medical advice". Blood sugar and blood sugar levels are not something to be toyed with at the advice of a non expert if you are diabetic. I sincerely hope those reading this thread will take this seriously and not cause themselves great harm because they chose to take the advice of someone giving medical advice when indeed they are not qualified to do so, and will not back up their advice with any facts from real studies whatsoever.

Sorry dude. I tried to give you a chance for some credibility, but your last post says it all... your tired... it's not worth your time..
If you think getting paranoia/anxiety as being an ok thing to get while eating/puffing herb then that's on you but to me that is very dangerous because you may end up doing something stupid.

Telling me about blood sugar is not doing anything because that is the first thing you learn when trying to be healthy. I wouldn't tell anyone to do this method if they have diabetes and weren't puffing because unless you are active your levels could reach dangerous levels but this is about herb and what happens when you take too much not a a general statement. If you really want to get technical I can tell you to take psyllium husk with the juice to keep your levels stable for a longer time than usual or aloe vera fillet juice to keep your vitamin C levels high for 24 hours but I know most won't do the simplest things I mentioned so I don't give the more advanced information to keep one healthy and getting WAY HIGHER than most people.

I would think taking a potent herb like cannabis would be more serious than me telling them to take some juice and vitamin C BEFORE puffing to let them enjoy themselves while getting healthy because since you know so much about diabetes you know vitamin C is good to keep the nerves healthy which is most likely why it is so dense in the brain and being diabetic your nerves are especially needed to stay healthy.

Like I stated do what you want I have nothing to prove to you, I'm just helping. I think you are looking at me like I'm selling you something because proving credibility to you is not my job. I gave you info on what works for me and others and broke down as to why I feel this. You have a brain and can decipher if the explanation made sense or not and then we can go on from there but to tell me to prove it to you is asinine when you are not going to believe it unless it was on the news. Use YOUR BRAIN and see if the info makes sense or not and back it up with your explanation. NOT HARD.

luchiano,

luchiano

lwien said:
What I don't understand is that when any negative aspects of vaping weed is brought up, it always seems to be attributed to low blood sugar by a few members here. In this particular instance, could it be that blood sugar had nothing to do with it, but instead, it was simply a matter of taking too many hits in a very short period of time.
Taking too many hits is not the issue it is what happens to the body when taking too many hits and how to avoid the negative effects if you do this. This is very important because in the case of vaporizing the vapor can be so pure that you can easily over do it so I feel knowing what to do can prevent problems in the long run.

luchiano,

GreenLeaf

lwien said:
I read the original post and it seems like he just got way too high by vaping too much at once.

GreenLeaf,

lwien

GreenLeaf said:
I read the original post and it seems like he just got way too high by vaping too much at once.
That's my take on it and I don't see how increasing one's blood sugar would counter the affects.

lwien,

luchiano

lwien said:
GreenLeaf said:
That's my take on it and I don't see how increasing one's blood sugar would counter the affects.
Then why didn't the negative effects happen the first session he had about an hour before even though he took in approximately the same amount?

luchiano,

lwien

luchiano said:
Then why didn't the negative effects happen the first session he had about an hour before even though he took in approximately the same amount?
Two possibilities. One, is that he took the next 5 hits within an hour of taking the first 4. There is a cumulative affect here, especially when repeating your hits within the first hour.

Secondly, if his bud wasn't really dry, the first hits could be composed of other things than than just THC, you know, all that stuff that makes bud so tasty.

Ya know, it's like that post where we discussed someone who feinted when vaping. While I suggested low BP, you suggested blood sugar. The thing is, I am REALLY familiar with what low blood sugar feels like versus low blood pressure, and when I have stood up a bit too fast after a vaping session, my dizziness, and my feeling of possible feinting was definitely not low blood sugar but was low blood pressure. The two feel VERY different from on another.

While I have no doubt that blood sugar plays a role in how people feel, I think we may be putting a bit too much emphasis on that being the cause in these instances.

lwien,

luchiano

lwien said:
luchiano said:
Two possibilities. One, is that he took the next 5 hits within an hour of taking the first 4. There is a cumulative affect here, especially when repeating your hits within the first hour.

Secondly, if his bud wasn't really dry, the first hits could be composed of other things than than just THC, you know, all that stuff that makes bud so tasty.

Ya know, it's like that post where we discussed someone who feinted when vaping. While I suggested low BP, you suggested blood sugar. The thing is, I am REALLY familiar with what low blood sugar feels like versus low blood pressure, and when I have stood up a bit too fast after a vaping session, my dizziness, and my feeling of possible feinting was definitely not low blood sugar but was low blood pressure. The two feel VERY different from on another.

While I have no doubt that blood sugar plays a role in how people feel, I think we may be putting a bit too much emphasis on that being the cause in these instances.
If you read my earlier post this is basically what I stated. He used up his stores in the first session which lead to what he experienced in his second session.

As far as how low blood sugar and low blood pressure I remember stating how they are connected not separated.

I'm done on this. I gave answers to a problem. You can take it or leave it, I just wanted to share my knowledge on what helps but as usual I get people confronting me about it and never trying it. I had ONE person claim he tried it but I eventually learned he lied just to prove me wrong because he didn't like the fact that I was a "know it all". I tried.

luchiano,

lwien

Wow, luchiano.

Here's the deal. If you are going to come in here and state some rather esoteric remedies and causes of some of the issues that people have here, you should expect to be challenged on those causes and remedies. Kind of comes with the territory, eh? And out of those challenges, we all can learn things..............even you ;) .

lwien,

lwien

luchiano said:
As far as how low blood sugar and low blood pressure I remember stating how they are connected not separated.
So here's a challenge. One can have low blood sugar without having low blood pressure, and visa verse, so I disagree that they are connected and not separate. Could they occur at the same time? Yup, but they could also occur "not" at the same time.

lwien,

Raf007

Retailer
Luchiano, what you are saying IS really interesting, and indeed deserves some attention. Not sure it's THE reason here and don't want to take part, but it is interesting.
That's maybe why people ask you for your sources.
Ok google can be our best friend, but people don't go on a forum to get directed to google.
Anyway, thx for these info !

Raf007,

luchiano

lwien said:
Wow, luchiano.

Here's the deal. If you are going to come in here and state some rather esoteric remedies and causes of some of the issues that people have here, you should expect to be challenged on those causes and remedies. Kind of comes with the territory, eh? And out of those challenges, we all can learn things..............even you ;) .
This is true BUT this has happened here and other sites too many times. Like I stated I've been giving this info out since OG days(2004) and getting the same experience. At least some people on OG tried it, the other site NOBODY has but they always suffering the consequences of potent herb/hash or eating and inhaling too much herb. Put yourself in my shoes and tell me you won't feel the same while seeing the same issues people complain about, you give some answers only to be confronted over and over.

Don't get me wrong I'm not mad, I actually laugh when I see the post about paranoia, blacking out, and anxiety because it's unnecessary but people are always told to sit down and breath or learn meditation. Meditation is good but I don't want to have to meditate in a room full of people at a club because I think I'm dieing which happened to someone who ate too much cannabis but he took the vitamin C and starting remembering who he was. HAHAHA. Sad but funny because it was unnecessary to have happen in the first place.

luchiano,

luchiano

Raf007 said:
Luchiano, what you are saying IS really interesting, and indeed deserves some attention. Not sure it's THE reason here and don't want to take part, but it is interesting.
That's maybe why people ask you for your sources.
Ok google can be our best friend, but people don't go on a forum to get directed to google.
Anyway, thx for these info !
I explained how I came up with this but still get the same rhetoric, "prove it to me". What is so hard about reading what I explained and coming up with an assessment as to if it makes sense or not since most don't want to try it physically. Use your mental to figure it out before doing it. I did it why can't others. I explained the way it effects the brain, molecular shapes and the path the chemicals take in the body yet no one is explaining in the same way why they disagree. It's all how they feel with no explanation.

luchiano,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
@luchiano - i really enjoy your posts. Maybe because the things you say reinforce the way i live my life. i'm not a dot on a Gaussian curve, i'm an anecdote -- i try stuff to find what works.

Party on, dude.

Hippie Dickie,

luchiano

Hippie Dickie said:
@luchiano - i really enjoy your posts. Maybe because the things you say reinforce the way i live my life. i'm not a dot on a Gaussian curve, i'm an anecdote -- i try stuff to find what works.

Party on, dude.
appreciate it.

luchiano,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
@luchiano
I am a huge supporter of vitamin c therapy. If people don't believe luchiano just look up Linus Pauling, the only 2 time single not shared nobel prize winner. He suggests taking upwards of 18,000 mg of vitamin c a day. With all the vitamin c I take I have never paid attention to any differences vaping right after taking vitamin c. I will most certainly try what you suggest.

@wthanna
I don't consider any of this medical advice, it's fuckcombustion not Dr Oz.

For what it is worth, if anyone reading this has any blood vessel related problems like blockages, hardening of your arteries, high LDL, high BP, do yourself a favor and at least research high dose vitamin c and watch the miracles it will perform on your body. As usual talk to your doctor first, and don't take vitamin c if you are on any blood thinners.

DeepFried,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
@luchiano. I have well controlled high blood pressure (hypertension), no blood glucose problems (have actually worn an in dwelling blood glucose meter), but no, I haven't monitored my blood glucose before, during, or after a cannabis related anxiety attack.

However, I have had cannabis induced anxiety attacks as little as 15 minutes before eating, and as little as 15 minutes after eating. I am about 80% vegetarian (I still regularly eat fish, shellfish and occasioanlly a blood red rare steak) and eat an extremely high fibre diet.

I've also had definite cannabis related orthostatic hypotension (I hate to use that phrase but if you google it, it means sudden low blood pressure upon standing from a resting state). I never vape lying down any more, and if I'm sitting for more than 10 minutes while vaping, I stand slowly.

Just throwing info out there and don't mean anything by it :)

Tom

tdavie,

iceshark

Ice Man
First off thank you all for your help and advice. Please lets not fight over it. Everyone is just trying to help.

Okay, To the question of what I ate. I had ribs from my smoker with sauce, corn, garlic bread and ceaser salad. To drink was my usual vitamin water. (I drink about 3 to 4 a day) I think they are each over 100% Vitamin c and 20% Vitamin b.

Checked my levels and I was on high side but under control. Thats usual after I eat.

Approx 2 hours later is when I vaped. Yes the GDP was full of resin and not too dry. In fact I bet the first 4 hits dried it some.

I got a nice but strong stone from first set of hits. All within 20 minutes. After an hour I had gotten over that peak feeling and wanted to start an old movie. So I quickly vaped another set of hits. I think the second set of hits were much stronger vapes as I remember. Probably due to weed being dried by temps.

I had been sitting for the first set and for full time till I vaped second set. As I recall just a few minutes after second vape I stood up with no problem other then feeling a strong stone and went to pee. I was holding wall while I pee and I started to feel kinda light headed and disconnected.

I went to open my outside deck door to get some air. I was feeling way high. I think then an anxiety attack took over as my heart rate went up and I felt scarred and out of my control some.

I started to worry too much and decieded I needed to sit down to mellow out. This did work, the main heavy stone lasted almost 2 hours and then I still passed out feeling high. Next day I still felt dizzy.

I was drinking a vitamin water while I vaped.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

iceshark,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Sounds like you whited out and then freaked out that you were whiting out because you didn't know what was happening and you were really high.

bluntfaced,

Raf007

Retailer
luchiano said:
I explained how I came up with this but still get the same rhetoric, "prove it to me". What is so hard about reading what I explained and coming up with an assessment as to if it makes sense or not since most don't want to try it physically. Use your mental to figure it out before doing it. I did it why can't others. I explained the way it effects the brain, molecular shapes and the path the chemicals take in the body yet no one is explaining in the same way why they disagree. It's all how they feel with no explanation.
Yes, one can use its mental and what you say seems to make sense (I say "seems" coz I m no scientist, so don't have the knowledge to judge by reading here).
It s really too bad you don't want to post your sources.
Personnaly i will look for it one day, it will consume time and energy though... when you -might?- have all the links in your browser.

Anyway, I still value your info, so thx ! :)

Raf007,
Top Bottom