Have you ever had strain so strong it scared you wasted?

iceshark

Ice Man
I was a long time stoner for years. Never was so stoned I was freaked.

Now flash forward 25 years and I just started vapeing as a MED user.

I was not even really getting high on this supposed new strong strains. I even put up another post here about the subject.

Yesterday I picked up a strain called Grand Daddy Purple here at a co-op in Shorline WA. Sat down last night and took 4 big vapes from my MFLB. Felt very nice. A head and coach lock high.

Felt it coming down after about an hour, so I deceided to take abother 5 big vape hits.

WAMMO! Withing minutes I was totally wasted. I think I started to get a panic attack because I was starting to feel so wasted. My heart rate went up, I could not get my balance (in my mind) to walk well. I was totally zoned. Started to feel out of control of myself.

Thinking stuff like how embarassing it will be to go to the ER and explain I am too stoned.

I started to control my breathing and my heart rate by sitting back down on the coach.

I was able to calm down but did not want to really move from the coach for almost 2 hours. Still was lightheaded sleeping. Woke up at 10am (usually would be up at8am) and dont feel hungover

That was freaky stoned. I kept having to tell myself its only weed and your freaking out.

It this what the term coach lock means?

Almost scared to vape this strain again.

WOW!

iceshark,

Wolface

Been there, done that.:o Just relax and it will pass with time. Vaping can really kick your ass if your not used to it. Try to ease into it a little more gently next time.:ko:

Wolface,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
iceshark said:
Yesterday I picked up a strain called Grand Daddy Purple here at a co-op in Shorline WA. Sat down last night and took 4 big vapes from my MFLB. Felt very nice. A head and coach lock high.

Felt it coming down after about an hour, so I deceided to take abother 5 big vape hits.

WAMMO! Withing minutes I was totally wasted.
WOW!
I thought your doctor said that the Launch Box was ineffective? LOL

DeepFried,

lwien

iceshark said:
Yeah, this was your biggest issue. Vaping is more of a creeper high in that it takes a bit longer to hit you than it does with smoking, so, with really good high quality weed, it is advised that you don't take multiple hits all at one time, but to rather space them out so that you can gauge if you are overdoing it or not. Take a hit and wait about 5 to 10 minutes before taking another one.

lwien,

iceshark

Ice Man
DeepFried said:
iceshark said:

WAMMO! Withing minutes I was totally wasted.
WOW!
I thought your doctor said that the Launch Box was ineffective? LOL
Wasn't Dr, it was the owner of the co-op in Seattle. But he is wrong:)

iceshark,

Wolface

Seriously though, sounds like a panic attack. You might have to switch strains again but just like other meds, Everyone reacts differently.

Wolface,

StickyShisha2

lwien said:
The only time I ever got that way was with edibles.
i've had that with ABV edibles

@iceshark: When you say that you took 5 more hits after the first 4, was that all from the same packing of your MFLB? If so, you would get mostly the higher temperature cannabinoids by that point, which is why i mostly use BHO now, to get more of a full spectrum at once, more consistently.

StickyShisha2,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Ive had that only a couple of times too.

Once was when I smoked 3-4 joints by myself when I was younger. (Scared shitless when I came down enough to realize how stoned I was)

The other white knuckle was with my swampwater. I wasnt expecting that ridiculous level of a high but I dont think I was 'scared'. I was trippin my socks off and I kinda liked it this time. I just wish I wouldnt have been at a funeral when I was this wasted. :p

AGBeer,

iceshark

Ice Man
StickyShisha said:
lwien said:
The only time I ever got that way was with edibles.
i've had that with ABV edibles

@iceshark: When you say that you took 5 more hits after the first 4, was that all from the same packing of your MFLB? If so, you would get mostly the higher temperature cannabinoids by that point, which is why i mostly use BHO now, to get more of a full spectrum at once, more consistently.
Interesting point>? Yes it was from same full trench wiht my MFLB. Thats why it freaked me. After the first 4 hits I was a happy good stoned. Strong but normal. I was about halfway or more down to normal after an hour. THen off the same trench I vaped 5 more hits about the same size of the first. But within minutes I was off balance walking to bathroom and vision was like everything was in another dimension around me. My heart started racing some as I think I went into a panic attack. (i get those from time to time normally and know how to calm myself)

I sat down and felt back in balance but wasted. Did not want to get up for almost 2 hours. Then I still was stoned when I crashed.

I feel ok today. But might vape a little less tonight and try again:D

iceshark,

luchiano

It probably was that you didn't have enough blood sugar to process all the vapor which means you didn't eat any food or you ate the wrong food like just meat and no carbs.

Next time eat a good whole meal around an hour before you puff and make sure you have some fiber in your food to keep your blood sugar stable which means no crash from the herb or simple sugar.
Having some orange juice with pulp and taking around 250mg of vitamin C around 30 minutes to an hour before you puff will help prevent what you experienced while also making the high better if you do this method everyday.

luchiano,

Beezleb

luchiano said:
It probably was that you didn't have enough blood sugar to process all the vapor which means you didn't eat any food or you ate the wrong food like just meat and no carbs.

Next time eat a good whole meal around an hour before you puff and make sure you have some fiber in your food to keep your blood sugar stable which means no crash from the herb or simple sugar.
Having some orange juice with pulp and taking around 250mg of vitamin C around 30 minutes to an hour before you puff will help prevent what you experienced while also making the high better if you do this method everyday.
That is what I was going to say. Sounds like low sugar issue that happens from time to time.

Beezleb,

GreenLeaf

It sounds like you got way too high and had an anxiety issue or a panic attack like you wrote about.

Were you vaping a Sativa? Or perhaps you vaped way too much at once.

GreenLeaf,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
@ greenleaf - Grandaddy ouro is mostly indica im pretty sure.

What are the prices like at that shoreline spot?

bluntfaced,

iceshark

Ice Man
bluntfaced said:

Yes, Grandaddy Purple is Indica dominent.

Price is $12 a gram donation.

I vaped my Pinapple last night and felt great. My buds SMOKED the same Purple and were totally wasted. Both said it was almost narcotic.

iceshark,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
iceshark said:
bluntfaced said:

Yes, Grandaddy Purple is Indica dominent.

Price is $12 a gram donation.

I vaped my Pinapple last night and felt great. My buds SMOKED the same Purple and were totally wasted. Both said it was almost narcotic.
love to get a cutting or seeds from that plant

DeepFried,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
GDP is one of my favs when it rolls around these parts. Yerry Vumy.
Very nice high too :ko:

AGBeer,

Raf007

Retailer
ImHo u just learned how to use the LB (no offense, but that's at i understood from your precedent posts :) )and you were, as said low in sugar.

But I don t think blaming it on the GDP is right coz as far as my xp goes the GDP is not really strong. i know I was dispointed with it , and it was med grade from cali. So disapointed that I classified it in my mind as being for med users who don't really want to get high. I may be wrong though, coz I only tried from one batch, but my dealer seemed to agree with me.

Raf007,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I have had this happen with edibles for sure. years ago we had this stuff that we called the "dub" that was apparently engineered at the university of washington (u-dub) that was so strong that often we would just stare at it and ask if anyone had any "normal" herb instead. it was literally TOO strong for any of us and there were some experienced people in the group...

the ob,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I've had that happen with edibles quite frequently; most often at the start when I don't know how strong they are. And a few years ago I honestly don't know which strains I was using for Cannabutter. But they always seemed to hit too hard at first in any given batch.

As for weed, well I don't seem to handle Sativa's all that well, perhaps having a temporary panic attack or introspective moment.

Tom

tdavie,

iceshark

Ice Man
Great replies. Thanks!

First off, Its not a low blood sugar thing as I monitor mine it is stable and was at the time. Also I had just eaten so there was not a spike or low spot in sugar.

Next. I dont know who is the grower of the GDP in Cali, however it is known as a very strong strain by local med growers at dispensierie I get it from. In fact my 2 buds toked it and were so blased it freaked them out. Not to my extent but freaked them.

I do put creedance that I just did learn to use my MFLB correctly, however I have vaped probably 10 other strains with no issue like Fridays issue.

I think it was too much THC too fast, too strong and an anxiety attack when I got paranoid of the stone.

I was burnt out for a day and a half from it. This Purple has so much THC it looks like sugar weed.

As for the UDub, I have WSU right now. It is from Washington States drug grow med program. Got it at the same co-op. Have not tried it yet but hear its very strong as well.

Thanks.

iceshark,

Raf007

Retailer
Hi Iceshark,

my bad about the GDP, i asked some ppl , and they all told me how strong it could be, so I guess I had a not so powerfull batch or I was in a good shape this week during which I smoked the batch, or.. by the time I was smoking master kush and bubba kush all day long which may have a put my tolerance high.

I therefore agree w. your last statement :D... too much thc, too fast, strong topped w. a bit of anxiety and there u go.

tell us what it does once u will have try it again pls

Raf007,

luchiano

iceshark said:
Great replies. Thanks!

First off, Its not a low blood sugar thing as I monitor mine it is stable and was at the time. Also I had just eaten so there was not a spike or low spot in sugar.

Next. I dont know who is the grower of the GDP in Cali, however it is known as a very strong strain by local med growers at dispensierie I get it from. In fact my 2 buds toked it and were so blased it freaked them out. Not to my extent but freaked them.

I do put creedance that I just did learn to use my MFLB correctly, however I have vaped probably 10 other strains with no issue like Fridays issue.

I think it was too much THC too fast, too strong and an anxiety attack when I got paranoid of the stone.

I was burnt out for a day and a half from it. This Purple has so much THC it looks like sugar weed.

As for the UDub, I have WSU right now. It is from Washington States drug grow med program. Got it at the same co-op. Have not tried it yet but hear its very strong as well.

Thanks.
May ask what did you eat and how long was it before you vaped?

I ask this because every time someone has told me that they got negative effects from herb it always came down to there blood sugar albeit it wasn't shown on their testing meters if they test before of after vaping/smoking and they puffed what they normally do. I say this because whenever they were given something sweet or some vitamin C, which is shaped like glucose in the L-Ascorbate form in the brain but is an antioxidant so it protects the brain also, gets absorbed by glucose transporters and has a high density in our brains so it's safe to say it acts like sugar, they returned back to normal if they went overboard with a potent strain or taking in too much.

Remember smoking/vaping is a quick process so unless you check it at the exact time of vaping(before and after) you may not see the effect on sugar when testing. Plus I think our bodies learn how to adapt and unless you go overboard your sugar will remain stable giving the impression that it isn't effected from herb but when you do go overboard by either taking in too much or taking a more than normal potent strain(which is basically more of the chemical in the same weight) your body isn't used to the extra chemicals and because you are not aware of the potency effecting blood sugar and not eating more food than you normally do, it doesn't have anything to process the added chemicals and that's when it gives cue to the body to sit down or pass out so it can take away glycogen from the muscles to go to the brain and provide enough energy so you won't pass out for long and be in harms way and the whole body system is returned to normal. It is basically the bodies way of saving you from harm and also Warning you for next time when you do the process again. This is why taking some orange juice or any other fruit juice high in vitamin C along with some more vitamin C around 50-250mg, gives such a nice high. It is basically giving the brain energy to process the chemicals being absorbed no matter how much is going in(Vitamin C) and the simple sugars are able to go to the body and be absorbed by the muscles giving them energy to move around and not feel weak. Plus the fruits contain phyto-nutrients and terpenoids that also protect the body and brain from oxidative stress while giving their own addition to the high.

BTW, I just reread your first post and noticed that you vaped again after an hour from the first session and this to me proves my point. Notice how you didn't feel the negative affects on the first session but when you did it the second time this happened?. Sounds to me like you used up your available energy during the first vape session and on the second one there wasn't enough to process the chemicals and that's when the negativity happened.

luchiano,

wthanna

I'm sorry, but I have to call BS on this whole blood sugar theory, unless you can show some studies to back you up. There are many diabetics out there that use this stuff.. particularly among the hispanic community in my part of the world (South Texas). If Cannabis was having this profound effect on blood sugar, we would see people slipping into diabetic comas, among other things, and it just is not happening, period. If it was, the prohibitionists would be using this as another excuse for their position. Post links to the studies please! :peace:

wthanna,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
@luchiano I've been reading your posts with some interest. Do you have any links or references to peer reviewed articles regarding Cannabis comsumption and glucose levels?

thanks

Tom

tdavie,
Top Bottom