Have Volcano, looking for more compact ideally portable vape

vapeguy

I have a Volcano which is great but I'm looking for something more compact so I can easily store it in a drawer.

At first I was leaning towards the Iolite but eliminated it as a choice after reading of people being able to vape more out of Iolite-vaped ABV in other vapes with temp control.

I'm now strongly leaning towards the Vapir NO2 even though I'm already almost done reading the thread on it. My only concern is the plastic taste but I'd buy it from a place that I can return it for a store credit in case I do have the problem.

Other than the Vapir NO2 what are other good choices? I read about the MFLB but prefer the temp control and longer battery life of the NO2.

Also how much of a downgrade would the NO2 be compared to my Volcano in terms of herb to effect ratio? For example will the same amount of herb give me the same effect in the NO2 and Volcano, or will I need to use 30% more in the NO2 for the same effects?

The volcano is great but I want something more compact and no longer having to inflate balloons like I'm having a birthday party each night would be nice. Being cordless would be another big plus.

Or if there is a plug in model that would really be worth it I'd get it but I doubt many plug in ones will beat the volcano.

Thanks

vapeguy,

jackmormon

I would suggest taking a look at the Lotus. It uses a torch lighter but has a great design where you don't inhale any butane. After a couple of practices it is very easy to control the temperature and you can go high temp if desired. Very efficient and creates a more "concentrated" vapor in my experience. Very much a contrast to the Volcano. Plus it is totally portable!

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=3698

jackmormon,

vapeguy

Thanks but I prefer something with better temp control and that doesn't require an external heat source.

vapeguy,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
aab1 said:
I have a Volcano which is great but I'm looking for something more compact so I can easily store it in a drawer.

At first I was leaning towards the Iolite but eliminated it as a choice after reading of people being able to vape more out of Iolite-vaped ABV in other vapes with temp control.

I'm now strongly leaning towards the Vapir NO2 even though I'm already almost done reading the thread on it. My only concern is the plastic taste but I'd buy it from a place that I can return it for a store credit in case I do have the problem.

Other than the Vapir NO2 what are other good choices? I read about the MFLB but prefer the temp control and longer battery life of the NO2.

Also how much of a downgrade would the NO2 be compared to my Volcano in terms of herb to effect ratio? For example will the same amount of herb give me the same effect in the NO2 and Volcano, or will I need to use 30% more in the NO2 for the same effects?

The volcano is great but I want something more compact and no longer having to inflate balloons like I'm having a birthday party each night would be nice. Being cordless would be another big plus.

Or if there is a plug in model that would really be worth it I'd get it but I doubt many plug in ones will beat the volcano.

Thanks

MfLB with PA solves the battery issue, and if you read the LB thread, and learn about the draw speed, etc, you can vary the temp a lot, with a bit of accuracy...and adding the pa, your upper temp range goes up a lot...and it has a control on it too!

Either way, good luck on your search for your next Vape!

Purpl3_Haz3,

vapeguy

I'm starting to think efficiency is more important to me than portability, I wouldn't really want to use it outside anyway.

So now I'm thinking about the Extreme Q, would that be an upgrade from the Volcano? I like that it's a 3 in one unit and could serve as am essential oil air freshener when not vaping which would also mask it's real use so I wouldn't have to hide it. And one of the reasons I wanted a portable for home use is that I could easily hide it in a drawer, but the Extreme Q doesn't need to be hidden from people I don't want to know it's a vape as I'll just turn it into an air freshener when not vaping. Plus I always wanted an adjustable temp essential oil diffuser.

vapeguy,

weedemon

enthusiast
the EQ is a "jack of all trades, master of none" meaning you can do it all with the EW, but there are other vapes that are one task specific that will do a better job for you. I also have a volcano, and my buddy has the EQ. I would not want to buy the EQ after owning the Vocano. (instead i'd buy a vape that is the king of it's domain in one class...)

I was gonna suggest the MFLB becasue of the portability, but if you want it just for at home use the portability doesnt matter. I would suggest you try a Whip solution like the SSV, (It has temp control too)

if you want to conserve your weed then maybe something like the purple days will be right for you? I have ordered one and am pretty excited to try it!

weedemon,

vapeguy

Well after reading on this forum and reviews of the EQ I decided to get it, I ordered it Sunday and got it Tuesday.

I love it, I think it's WAY better than the Volcano. I'm no longer limited to bags which bothered me as I think they're largely a waste of time but I still have the option to use them. I love the whip method, it's so much simpler and allows me to get more medicated (with bags at some point I just get too lazy to want to go through the process of inflating it again). Bags also work well and I like that there's 3 fan speeds which gives you more control over the density of the vapor without having to adjust the temperature. Of course the bags aren't as user friendly as the Volcano (no quick connect connections, no automatic bag valve) but still easy to use and I likely won't use them very often. I actually think not having a valve is an advantage as it makes me finish the bag sooner so I can stop holding it meaning less vapor wasted by condensing on the bag surfaces.

I also love that it's digital and shows the actual temperature too (yes there's a digital Volcano now but I had the classic) and the auto shut down feature which you can set from 30 min to 4 hours is great.

Finally, I always wanted an essential oil diffuser but didn't want to pay $100 for one, the Extreme Q comes with an essential oil diffuser accessory that works great so I essentially got a "free" essential oil diffuser by choosing this vape, and it's the best oil diffuser I ever used because you can set it as low as 50C so it won't burn the oils and stink and you can still put it a bit higher for a faster diffusion, I find 50-80C with fan on 1 perfect to diffuse oil. They say to put the oil on a rock in the bowl but I used very coarse sea salt instead.

I'm sure there are whip only vapes that are a bit better (but have also heard of people preferring the EQ for whip than the SSV, I also don't at all like the 2 handed use of the SSV) and if you really don't mind being limited to bags then the Volcano is more user friendly for bags but I feel the EQ gives a better vapor. Virtually all Volcano VS Extreme Q reviews say they prefer the Extreme Q unless you really want to do bags only, I agree and would even say that for bags it also has advantages.

vapeguy,

weedemon

enthusiast
sounds like you are going to get a lot of different cool uses from the EQ.

I keep the cano in the office (i'd say i spend more time in the office than the tv room though), so when i need to leave the tv room to refill the bag i totally know what you mean about feeling lazy :p haha

enjoy the new vape!! :)

weedemon,

vapeguy

weedemon said:
...so when i need to leave the tv room to refill the bag i totally know what you mean about feeling lazy :p haha...

lol and I sometimes get too lazy to refill the bag when it's right next to me

vapeguy,
Top Bottom