Hash: Vaporize or combust it?

Beezleb

I agree with moe on that some hash seems better used a different way and I would say pressed hash is not so easily vaped compared to kief. Their hot air gets the kief easy compared to pressed hash.

I now like to press some hash and I like to put a bit of a small spoon kief on a bowl when my pain is real bag. The press Hash I toss a small piece in a traditional bowl, hit with a powerful flame, suck it all down in one inhale and go to what I am gonna do. I find this works well when I need a bump but am in a tough spot with company and have not time for a vape. Like if we have dinner guest who would not typically partake in such activity. I go the bathroom, take a scooby snack as I call my little brown treat and am done in the normal time frame.

Beezleb,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
CrazyFingers said:
Anyone ever seen the Atom Smasher bowl for concentrates? Its got a similar design to a ti pad with the glass swing arm attached to the bowl. Or an all-in-one hot hit kit. If I was medical and had access to all that hash, I know I'd be using one of these.

http://atomsmasherglass.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvREzUuAsz8
Looks kinda cool, but their web site really doesn't help much. I couldn't find any info about the product on there and then they want you to fill out a form just to get a price. What's up with that? Looks pretty cool though. I'm not a glass guy so maybe you can explain. What's the deal with this? Is it that you heat a piece of glass rod and then use that to heat the hash in the bong attachment they've designed? What's the difference between doing that and just heating it in any other bowl? I guess I don't really get it.

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Beezleb said:
I agree with moe on that some hash seems better used a different way and I would say pressed hash is not so easily vaped compared to kief. Their hot air gets the kief easy compared to pressed hash.

I now like to press some hash and I like to put a bit of a small spoon kief on a bowl when my pain is real bag. The press Hash I toss a small piece in a traditional bowl, hit with a powerful flame, suck it all down in one inhale and go to what I am gonna do. I find this works well when I need a bump but am in a tough spot with company and have not time for a vape. Like if we have dinner guest who would not typically partake in such activity. I go the bathroom, take a scooby snack as I call my little brown treat and am done in the normal time frame.
Glad to see someone agrees, Beezleb! This pressed hash I have now was given to me by a grower up in the Green Triangle and it's the dense-est, strongest hash I've ever used, and I used to get some really good shit from India back in the day. To me, vaping stuff like that is a waste. Like you say, one hit under fire, and you're good to go. Actually, one hit of this and I'd be incapable of dealing with people in a social situation! :ko:

MoeOnTheMoon,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
heat it up a little to break it up mix some with weed or if you use a bong just by its lonesome vape it. the only difference is now instead of combustion I use a different heat source. :cool:

jackstraw62,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Now I'm not so sure Combustion is the way to go...
Last night I combusted one hit of this real dark dense medical mj hash, and I was so blown away it was TOO much. I was too high, for hours. I think I'll stick to vaping, where I don't get quite so high all at once.

MoeOnTheMoon,

kaleimud

Illiterate Baffoon
I use a Phedor with hash to great effect. It really depends on the consistency of the solid, but usually the Phedor will throw smoke off of any little part of hash you touch it with.

I actually wouldn't even consider using anything else for hashish. I've tried the Phedor with BHO but it is too iffy, and BHO is too valuable to experiment too awful much with, so I still use the Vapor Globe or Ti pad for liquid type concentrates, but for solids I like a R1 Concentrate bowl with a .75 titanium screen and Phedor.

I tried putting some NTB (temple ball hash) in my Volcano, but it was no good. It just wasn't possible to tear the hash up enough to provide sufficient surface area for the vape.

kaleimud,

THC

Daft Vapour
jackstraw62 said:
heat it up a little to break it up mix some with weed or if you use a bong just by its lonesome vape it. the only difference is now instead of combustion I use a different heat source. :cool:
Yep!! lol

THC,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
heat hash first brake it up as fine as possible place on bed of mj and hit it 160c. grind up between thumb and forefinger periodically ( need airflow) I been using og kush bubble gum in my hot air gun vape and I don't have to turn up the temperatures My :2c:

jackstraw62,
Top Bottom