Hash: Vaporize or combust it?

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
I have done both but lately I feel like vaping hash is a little like showering with your clothes on.

A friend gave me this dense, black brittle hash that is amazingly strong! One tiny pinhead - okay, maybe 2 pinheads - of it which I combusted fired me off into outer space for about 3 hours the other night! :ko: Just one huge hit! I would've taken 2 hits, because I coughed out about half of it I'm sure, but it kind of just burnt quicker than I thought and the next thing I knew I was coughing out a huge cloud of smoke!

I guess I can see that when vaporizing hash, you can still benefit from the stronger concentration of goodies that you get with hash, but it seems to me if one is going to use hash at all, one may as well go all out and fire up that shit! :D Otherwise, just vape normal herb, as usual...

By the way I don't like combusting weed at all anymore. Just hash. If I wanna really get extra heavily medicated once in a while, I will get out my hash and fire 'er up. For daily use vaping good quality herb is more than enough.
Occasionally a trip to outer space is efficacious! It was fun! :D

Anyone prefer vaping hash to smoking it? Admittedly it's milder on the throat to vape it, but since one only needs to combust one hit of this stuff, the assault on the throat is fairly minimal. Even my lungs were fine after a few minutes, and I'm asthmatic.

MoeOnTheMoon,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I think that the resounding answer would be to hot knife it for best results.

But I think that Im with you here. In my experiences, hash is a bit more difficult to vape (unless you have a VG or something of the sorts)

AGBeer,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
I'd say it depends on the vape you're using. The ones with variable temp that allow you to go past the usual vaporization range should be good. Something like the SSV has given me good results in the past. Pancaking the hash thinly can also help. Vape it till it's brittle and then crush it to make sure everything as been exposed.

I like the tangy taste one gets vaporising it.

Skunkypete,

Beezleb

I go back and forth. I find for me using the DBV that hash makes it a bit of better bowl but if I just put the hash in a bowl and fire it up I get more out of it.

I still keep playing with it but I think it also depends on the type of hash you have as well.

Beezleb,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
I want to clarify that I'm not talking about whether or not the vaporizer will vaporize it well. My vapor genie has the full range of temps needed to vaporize hash and I have done so on numerous occasions.

But to me, vaporizing hash just isn't as satisfying. Good hash is so amazing, it deserves the flame.

MoeOnTheMoon,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
MoeOnTheMoon said:
Good hash is so amazing, it deserves the flame.
Now to boil it down even further - is this the regular Bic(R) flame?
The electronic ignition/BBQ grill flame?
The crack lighter 2mm flame?
The blowtorch 1" flame?
Cheap Tricks "The Flame"?
:lol:

AGBeer,

SmogTown

Pressed hash gets hot knifed, unpressed gets vaped. Hot knives are great :ko:.

SmogTown,

Persona Non Grata

turn on, tune in, hulk out
for anyone with an Extreme.
I would grind pressed hash in my coffee grinder to increase surface area. then put it in the middle of a sandwich of weed in an elbow pack in the whip. this is how I vape any kind of hash.
some bho. you would obviously top off the elbow with more weed before vaping
picture.php

hash does have a unique smell taste when combusted, but I prefer vapor now

Persona Non Grata,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
SmogTown said:
Pressed hash gets hot knifed, unpressed gets vaped. Hot knives are great :ko:.
Can you explain what you mean by "hot knifed"?
I think I know but am not sure.

MoeOnTheMoon,

SmogTown

Heating knives and squishing it between them. I've always found using hot knives for good hash is like a nuke in your brain so to speak. Just had some hash recently been a long, long time.

SmogTown,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
FUCKCOMBUSTION!!!

I second persona non grata, grind that shit up and sprinkle it in the bowl of your vape. If u got an E, make a hash sandwitch, its the way to go..

Mr. Smoke No More,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
I tried vaping some hash last night. Got high but not NEARLY as high as smoking it!
I'm a big fan of vaping, for sure!
But when it comes to hash, that shit's gotta be BURNT!

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
MoeOnTheMoon,

itriplots

You might get more hits with a pipe, but a hot knife hit is a lot more at once. I usually just need a few hits, where normally Id smoke a bowl with bud and hash. I highly recommend trying them at least once. But not too big of a hit to start out with, as those can be brutal on the throat :ko:

itriplots,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
hot knives vapourize if they are done correctly, they dont cumbust as u would smoking hash in a pipe. Pressed hash can be tricky to vape and u need to grind it up. Other than this i find vaping oils or kief to be way more efficient than combusting and easy to do with my extreme. :2c:

Mr. Smoke No More,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Mr. Smoke No More said:
hot knives vapourize if they are done correctly, they dont cumbust as u would smoking hash in a pipe. Pressed hash can be tricky to vape and u need to grind it up. Other than this i find vaping oils or kief to be way more efficient than combusting and easy to do with my extreme. :2c:
But do you feel you get as high from vaping hash as from combusting it?
I feel that combusting hash - unlike combusting mj - gets me way higher, not just quicker but higher. :2c:

MoeOnTheMoon,

Raf007

Retailer
MoeontheMoon, no offense but are you sure to really differentiate the high, from the hash, the tobacco, the combustion, and the 3 mixed together.
If yes, maybe it's only the fact that you need more time to take equivalent amount of THC when burning , cauz hash's longer to vape than weed.
Or maybe you like the buzz of tobacco.....:lol:

I'd rather vape hash than smoke it..... even more than with weed.
Only downfall is, it's kind of hard to get the same strong hit, coz it's long to vape everything.

Raf007,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Raf007, to each his own.
Almost no one here in the U.S. uses tobacco with hash.(At least in my 40 years of experience I've never seen anyone add hash to tobacco. I'm sure some do, but I think it's safe to say that this is not common in the U.S.. We just put it in a pipe and light it on fire and inhale just like with regular mj. I don't even understand why one WOULD mix it with tobacco.

I think you point out the problem: Vaping hash just does not get you as good of a hit as combusting it does. I think the same is basically true with vaping mj, but with mj I find the vaping satisfactory. But with hash I find that vaping it is not really as satisfying as with combusting it. Just my opinion.

MoeOnTheMoon,

theeleventhhour

vaporize it

fuckcombustion.com

plus, burning DESTROYS some of the chemicals that somebody worked so hard to extract. put that shit on top of some weed in a DBV and vape it all.

theeleventhhour,

reece

MoeOnTheMoon said:
I think you point out the problem: Vaping hash just does not get you as good of a hit as combusting it does. I think the same is basically true with vaping mj, but with mj I find the vaping satisfactory. But with hash I find that vaping it is not really as satisfying as with combusting it. Just my opinion.
I don't know about that Moe. I haven't tried vaping pressed hash but unpressed vapes very well and I get huge hits. I vape kif regularly, used to be with the Supreme but now I use my MZ. I just load the stem with kif, very light pack, and use as regular. I use a coin in my grinder so I can collect the kif faster but I also get bits of plant material in it. So it isn't pure hash but if you can grind your pressed has into powder I'd be your vaping experience will be more enjoyable

Have you seen this?

http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/medical-equipment/hash-grinder.html

reece,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
reece said:
MoeOnTheMoon said:
I don't know about that Moe. I haven't tried vaping pressed hash but unpressed vapes very well and I get huge hits. I vape kif regularly, used to be with the Supreme but now I use my MZ. I just load the stem with kif, very light pack, and use as regular. I use a coin in my grinder so I can collect the kif faster but I also get bits of plant material in it. So it isn't pure hash but if you can grind your pressed has into powder I'd be your vaping experience will be more enjoyable

Have you seen this?

http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/medical-equipment/hash-grinder.html
Hey Reese. To clarify, I do find vaping mj very satisfactory, and yes, vaping hash can be satisfactory as well. The only thing I'm saying, really, is that when it comes to good, condense black type hash - strong hash, I find that I get the most enjoyment by combusting a hit of it (about the size of a pin head or two!).

I guess it goes back to my original post, that "vaping hash is kind of like taking a shower with a raincoat on" or... f---- .... An exaggeration of course, but you know what I mean.

I get perfectly high on just a hit or two of regular medical mj in my MZ. But if I want to get really really high, I'll do one hit of hash. This seldom happens, I keep it for a special occasion.

But I've tried vaping it and if I vape it - even in the VG which can get into those high range vape temperatures - it just isn't nearly as satisfying as combusting the same amount, even though I will get more hits off the same amount when vaped. Getting that one big hit of good hash with combustion is just, well, worthy of a special or rare occasion! IMHO. MJ is MJ and hash is hash (real hash, that is, not kief) and to me, hash is better combusted.

Of course, to each his own. I was just curious when I started this, if anyone else saw it my way.

MoeOnTheMoon,
Top Bottom