Has anyone tried vaping Cloves, Ginko, Ginger, Ginseng

Kosherbubba

My Davinci vaporizer has a diagram of commenly vaped materials. St. Johns wart, cloves, sage, Tabacco, EEBs, Cats Claw, Ginger, and Ginseng.

Just curious has anyone tried these herbs or other ones. And how to you vape ginger. I am assuming all of these are in the dried form or is it ginger flower? I heard it can be dangerous for the lungs if you vape some of these products that have not been prepared for use in a vaporiser.

tepictoton

I guess they should be dried for sure, and Yes I would not vape any plant without doing my homework about its use and if it is posible to vape at what temperature that should be done.

I guess not many people are vaping 'other' herbs ...

patzw

Alexis

I tried vaping some top quality wild organic oregano buds a few weeks back.
It has been recommended as a treatement for respiratory infections.
I have held off trying it for many years. I have been using high quality essential oils for years now to manage excessive mucus production from allergies, chronic respiratory infections, and a misbehaving imune system.

But I never use oregano essential oil for inhalation. In the past it burned my lungs and caused irritation and left my chest feeling worse for a few days.
Same with Thyme- far too harsh and burning.

So I chalked up and finally hit a bowl of the oregano in my Omnivap. It worked great, I got MILK! Denss as well, just like weed. Very impressed with the vapor production.

It hurt a lot going in. Ouch! And it made me chest really bad for several days with major irritation. I suffered hard to manage my symptoms as usual. It was a very bad effect from the oregano, fucked me up for days.

It made ne realise just how amazing cannabis is. Some of us may well suffer adverse respiratory reactions when we vape it, but next to the oregano experience suddenly weed seems substantially more lung friendly, without ever actually doing any damage.

Be wary of vaping oregano. Salute the ganja!:rockon:

Whissmu

very interesting!:rockon:

I've vaporized Peppermint -> very fresh and liberating for the lungs and Hops -> I did not find the flavor

It would be very interesting a list that was completed with each of the flowers:tup:, temp idonea and its effects or benefits ... I do not remember seeing any extensive:hmm:

-Does anyone know which flower produces the most steam when vaporized? do not include cannabis
-Somebody checked that with the thyme you save buds ?? I have to look for thyme!

Whissmu,

shredder

When I try something new to vape I use my volcano. The bags of vapor are easy to see and take tiny hits rather than bigger hits that might suck, although you also take big hits from a bag.

I also sometimes will blend mullein with mj. It vapes at roughly the same temps, but is a little rougher than mj by itself. If you try mullein use fresh tender leaves that you clean and dry.

For vaping lavender I used dried organic flowers off the web. Along with my personal use, I've used lavender to demonstrate using a vaporizer to groups in an area where mj was not allowed.

C No Ego

the magic of vaping cannabis is decarboxylization of the cannabinoids...

How does decarb ( removal of carboxylic acid) effect other herbs etc... if at all... still one of those questions ??

C No Ego,

EverythingsHazy

I don't trust vaporizing random herbs that haven't had extensive testing done on the effects of their vaporization. I don't even really like the practice of casually messing with terpene concentrations in Cannabis extracts. Some of these chemicals can potentially have powerful effects at certain doses, or when they are heated and inhaled. The same way Cannabis has different effects if it is eaten or inhaled, I wouldn't doubt that a lot of other chemicals in herbs act in similar ways.

EverythingsHazy,

EverythingsHazy

Like marijuana?
Cannabis vaporization/smoking has been studied a lot. The studies may not be as unbiased, or comprehensive as I'd like, but there is a ton of information to be read about the subject. There are also millions of users who haven't suffered any noticeable, detrimental effects from vaporizing Cannabis. That said, I'm not one of the people who refuses to hear anything negative about Cannabis.

EverythingsHazy,

C No Ego

Cannabis vaporization/smoking has been studied a lot. The studies may not be as unbiased, or comprehensive as I'd like, but there is a ton of information to be read about the subject. There are also millions of users who haven't suffered any noticeable, detrimental effects from vaporizing Cannabis. That said, I'm not one of the people who refuses to hear anything negative about Cannabis.
the only identified negative so far is FAAH, or the depletion of FAAH from ingesting decarboxylated cannabis. and that is associated with THC use only. this is not issue with CBD as MAGL is the enzyme for cbd

Great discussion! We'll be covering a lot of these topics in this month's blog. You can check out our articles here: https://www.davincivaporizer.com/news
I've yet to find any studies on decarboxylation other than cannabis studies... I guess the stability of the cannabinoids allows such study... other compounds would fissile out before reaching any carboxyl change... still fascinating research and could lead into many directions

C No Ego,
Reactions: Alexis
Top Bottom