• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Has anyone tried Death Star yet?

lwien

It's billed as a hybrid but I'm wondering if it leans more to the Sativa side of things or does it swing more towards Indica?

General consensus seems to be that this is one helluva strain.

biohacker

All strains are essentially hybrids... true "landrace" strains are extremely hard to come by. Anyways, to answer your question:

Death Star is the potent cross of Sensi Star and Sour Diesel and has the shared sativa and indica effects of its parents. It has a mixed taste that combines sweet, skunk, and fuel aromas into a very potent fragrance that isn’t easy to hide. This strain may not have the ability to destroy planets, but it does have quite the powerful buzz. Effects can be slow to onset, but once they do, Death Star takes away all cares and replaces them with a state of relaxed euphoria. Great for daytime or nighttime use, this Ohio native now has fans throughout the galaxy.

From Leafly!

lwien

Thanks bio. Already read that though along with other reviews. Many rate this strain an +A. Just wanted to get some second-hand experience here from FC'rs who has tried this strain.

In regards to a true landrace Sativa, I'm still on the lookout for my favorite African landrace called Kilimanjaro. LOVED that strain.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@lwien its acts more like an indica strain with me. I've tried it a few times when I can find it. I didn't like the vapor flavor but it relaxes you so a great one for evening. I don't like a diesel taste for the most part but I've put up with the taste, the effects are good. It helps to relax the tight muscles.

lwien

Thanks so much CK. I agree with you on the taste of SD. I don't like the taste either. I was just about to go out the door to pick some up because of the positive reviews that I've read but you stopped me in my tracks when you say that it leaned more towards the Indica side of things. For me, I like things to swing the other way.

My dispensary had some Maui Wowie awhile back which is my second favorite strain. Maybe I'll just wait for that to come around again or maybe some White Widow which is my third favorite or some Super Silver Haze which is my fourth favorite along with Super Lemon Haze. Fuck, now my mouth is watering. My stash is running low.....

biohacker

Thanks bio. Already read that though along with other reviews. Many rate this strain an +A. Just wanted to get some second-hand experience here from FC'rs who has tried this strain.

Gotcha! The problem I find with this though is that others who have tried that strain may have a completely different flower than you based on grower, conditions, sunkissed or not, nutrients, pesticides, etc. You can field your questions, but IMHO only the answers will be basically irrelevant.

I think the best way is just to try a strain for yourself and experiment. Just because it affects a person one way, won't mean it will affect you the same. :2c:

EDIT:

but you stopped me in my tracks when you say that it leaned more towards the Indica side of things. For me, I like things to swing the other way.

Perfect example! I wouldn't let it stop me in my tracks, because you can and most likely will have a different experience based on your own chemistry.

lwien

Gotcha! The problem I find with this though is that others who have tried that strain may have a completely different flower than you based on grower, conditions, sunkissed or not, nutrients, pesticides, etc. You can field your questions, but IMHO only the answers will be basically irrelevant.

I think the best way is just to try a strain for yourself and experiment. Just because it affects a person one way, won't mean it will affect you the same. :2c:

EDIT:

Perfect example! I wouldn't let it stop me in my tracks, because you can and most likely will have a different experience based on your own chemistry.

Yeah, I hear ya, but being what CK said, I think I'm just going to wait for the strains that I KNOW I like rather than experimenting with strains that I don't know.

biohacker

It must be nice with that awesomely low tolerance of yours with micro dosing. After a while, it's all just the same to me with respect to effects! Grow quality makes a bigger difference to me than actual strain genetics.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@lwien you could always just buy a gram of the Death Star and see how it works for you. We are all different. That would last you all month.:lol:

I personally have just bought a gram each time. I just use it for evening and it's not one of my fav flavors so little goes a long way for me. There are other better tasting Indica type strains that I do like better. I switch strains around a lot.

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Death Star out here in CO is generally classified as an Indica. I get sedating effects from it like Carol King. Not a daytime med in my case, but good potency and lovely as the last session of the evening.

psychonaut,
Reactions: CarolKing

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
I also find the strain Indica heavy concerning the effects. I do get a central upper chest area body high too. But this sativa effect is far eclipsed by the more indica heavy strain. The numbers on this are also supported as far as where I sorce it from and from studying it's origins.

I find the flowers to have a great broad bloom of flavor and smells when compared to the shatter from the same strain. I'd also recommend water diffusion while dabbing this shatter. It's got a more harsh and irritating affect but it's still potent of course.

It creeps on you and will for a bit. While dabbing or a few back to back sessions be prepared for the unexpected dab nap. For those of you that need to function during the day this might not be for you. I'd use this for the evenings or your days off. However if you're anything like me I love the heavies all day long. Flower for the win here in my book. But if I can find some crumble, solventless would be better I'll be giving it a try too. Cheers!

https://imgbb.com/

Last edited:

stoneleopard

When I first came across death star I didn't know anything about it. I just smelled it, and bought a bit right away. It's probably my favourite night time strain. Flavour might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I'm into it.

There are indica properties present, but it's certainly not short on THC.

stoneleopard,
Reactions: EmDeemo

DrewVape

These threads are so depressing. Death star was one of the first strains I tried when I got my mmj card. It was a flagship strain of a local dispensary, $19/gram. The buds had zero smell, other than like a kitchen storage, like it was cured with a dried up pizza or something. The bud had no hit; no vapor and tasted just like it smelled. I really couldn't even tell it was weed, just some bud that looked like weed.

It makes my heart hurt, hearing "I don't like the taste of good strains" when Im sitting hear dreaming about Sphinx piss Jesus feet and angel shit . Like damn, if you dont like Sour D, then how are you even in to weed?

Bottom line. Strain means nothing if the grower isn't in the top 1%. I cant even find weed that taste like weed anymore. It all taste disgusting in Arizona! And has a bad high! No point in trying strains. Strains arent even a thing since greedy dispensaries with chemical grows took over.

DrewVape,
Top Bottom