Has anyone messed with any of these NYC doctor clinics yet?

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Hey guys,
So in my research to acquire a medical card here in the great state of NY (LOL), my primary gastroenterologist told me that smoking cannabis actually causes Crohn's. Boy, is he out of touch with reality. I stopped going to him about 4 months ago.

Anyhow, I have documentation which isn't definitive but diagnoses me with Crohn's along with a history of being treated for stomach issues since 2001, and Crohn's since 2013 or so.

I have recently come across a website.

However, they only take check or cash, $250 I believe. I'm thinking about going, but I'm nervous that either
A. They aren't going to help me.
B. They can't help me.

And therefore, I'd be out $250.

Anyone have any experiences yet.

Thanks

Edit: Ok I called and left a message. Let's see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Ok got an appointment for this week.

They do not need to send the records to the department of health. They just need to verify that I have Crohn's disease. That makes me happy because the state won't control whether or not I get the card. These people will. And I have a feeling that they will believe the report I have. It's a colonoscopy from 2013 that states I was diagnosed with Crohn's.

I also have to pay them $250, and then $50 to the state if they give me the card.

Then, no flowers, just oils, tinctures, capsules and I guess co2 carts. http://vireohealthny.com/vireo-spectrum/

I'll bring my doctor notes from 2015 - 2016 that shows I was being treated for Crohn's as well.

Let's see what happens.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Good luck.

Thanks. Appreciate it.

Wish I knew someone who had experience with them before I drop cash. :-).

Also been sick for 16 years so far. So would be great to get legal status. Although our law is pretty shitty.

Last edited:

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Thanks. Appreciate it.
Also been sick for 16 years so far. So would be great to get legal status.

It seems like a bit much. I would think/hope a note from your regular doctor to the state would suffice but apparently not.
Gouging is what it is.
My doctor (Oregon) sent the info to the state at no charge. But he did demand half of all my concentrate purchases. :) KIDDING.............

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
It seems like a bit much. I would think/hope a note from your regular doctor to the state would suffice but apparently not.
Gouging is what it is.
My doctor (Oregon) sent the info to the state at no charge. But he did demand half of all my concentrate purchases. :) KIDDING.............

Hahahah that's the problem. We are a huge state and not many doctors are on board since it just got started in January.

As of August 29, 2016:
677 physicians have registered for the NYS Medical Marijuana Program, and 7,005 patients have been certified by their doctors.

That is a terrible amount of doctors registered for the entire state of NY which has in 2015 - 74,792

My gastric told me he believes smoking cannabis causes crohn's problems. Meanwhile you aren't even allowed to smoke here. He's so out of touch.

I really have no choice.

The person who is the doctor at this place is from California, LOL.

Baron23

Thanks. Appreciate it.

Also been sick for 16 years so far. So would be great to get legal status. Although our law is pretty shitty.
Go get em, tiger. Don't take no for an answer. I was also forced recently by my docs to find a clinic to cert me for MMJ. I resented it at first, let it all go, and went to a clinic with a very nice doc. I presented my organized medical records and $250 and voila'....a med cert.

I do love my primary, I do understand her reticence, but in no way whatsoever did I allow her personal concerns to change my goals and objectives which were to get certified for damn good reasons so that's what I did. I hope you have as good of an experience as I did eventually.

herbivore21

@newVaper420 I gotta agree with you on the shittiness of what's on offer man, looking at the vireo site you linked, those vaporizer products are being sold in cheap shitty ecig tanks!

I mean strictly speaking as a scientist myself, I understand the reticence of doctors to provide flowers for medical patients as this is more of a farm produce type of item with major spoilage factors and inconsistent presence of active compounds, rather than a homogenized, consistent and specific formulation which will deliver the same actives every time.

But that all goes out the window if we're going to say that we'll make sure your product is consistent but we'll give it to you in a vaporizer which is demonstrably less safe than a variety of the flower vapes on the market (we don't know of course if these vapes are using solvents like vg/pg/ethanol to liquify the oil, or if these are distillates either - if the former, then there are bigger health problems still to consider)! Yikes!

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Go get em, tiger. Don't take no for an answer. I was also forced recently by my docs to find a clinic to cert me for MMJ. I resented it at first, let it all go, and went to a clinic with a very nice doc. I presented my organized medical records and $250 and voila'....a med cert.

I do love my primary, I do understand her reticence, but in no way whatsoever did I allow her personal concerns to change my goals and objectives which were to get certified for damn good reasons so that's what I did. I hope you have as good of an experience as I did eventually.

Yeah, I figure, really, what do I have to lose other than $250 bucks. Thanks for your encouragement. I really appreciate it. I'm really curious to see what is going to happen on Friday.

@newVaper420 I gotta agree with you on the shittiness of what's on offer man, looking at the vireo site you linked, those vaporizer products are being sold in cheap shitty ecig tanks!

I mean strictly speaking as a scientist myself, I understand the reticence of doctors to provide flowers for medical patients as this is more of a farm produce type of item with major spoilage factors and inconsistent presence of active compounds, rather than a homogenized, consistent and specific formulation which will deliver the same actives every time.

But that all goes out the window if we're going to say that we'll make sure your product is consistent but we'll give it to you in a vaporizer which is demonstrably less safe than a variety of the flower vapes on the market (we don't know of course if these vapes are using solvents like vg/pg/ethanol to liquify the oil, or if these are distillates either - if the former, then there are bigger health problems still to consider)! Yikes!

Being that I'll be the first person I know of who may be able to get a card here, I'll be able to tell you exactly what it's made of cause when I go in there, I'll specifically ask what they mix it with :-).

I'm bummed they don't have edibles or flowers, but what can I do.

At least it's a step in the right direction. Once Cuomo gets out, we probably will be getting a relaxing of the medical law to include flowers (at least I hope).

I would doubt they are using anything that would potentially cause massive clouds like those PG substances, but who knows. :-). This is the government we are talking about LOL.

newVaper420,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast

Ok according to Etain

In order to manufacture products of the strictest purity and consistency Etain utilizes multiple HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography) testing phases to assess the content of plant material and extracted oils. Oils are extracted in-house using a clean, solventless, CO2 extraction system which yields oil rich in the full cannabinoid and terpene profile of our home-grown plants.

herbivore21

Ok according to Etain

In order to manufacture products of the strictest purity and consistency Etain utilizes multiple HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography) testing phases to assess the content of plant material and extracted oils. Oils are extracted in-house using a clean, solventless, CO2 extraction system which yields oil rich in the full cannabinoid and terpene profile of our home-grown plants.
Hmm, they do not speak about whether the co2 oil they've made comes out in a form that can be put into a tankomizer cart as they have done, or whether they did extra processing and what that was. They may not have any solvents mixed in to liquify their product though so we can set that question off to one side (obviously it is worth finding out answers to these questions though!) and consider a scenario where this is straight liquid cannabis extract with no solvent of any kind.

They are still putting the stuff into ecigarette tanks which are known not to be made with the safest materials at all and which are notorious for nasty polymerization byproduct buildup with continued use over time (a 1ml tank of straight oil could last a long time for light-moderate users too!). If they're gonna say flowers are too inconsistent and bring in too many problematic variables, then they'd do well to ensure they don't resort to making consistent, 'clean' extracts and then pre-load them into ecigs that come with their own safety concerns! :2c:

Thanks for sharing man, it is interesting learning about different state regulatory approaches! :peace:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Ok so today she called me to confirm my appointment. Then about 15 - 20 minutes later, she called again. "I'm sooo embarrassed. I already called you." LOL! I guess me worrying about her remembering what I said on the phone is out the window.

Anyhow, confirmed, we will see what happens. I'll keep you guys posted.

Baron23

Ok guys, this was the real deal. I'm certified. Should get my card next week.

Limited amount, 30 day supply. Real tight. Probably gonna run out the first few months until they get me on a good regimen.

We will see what happens :-)
Very happy for you. I was on cloud nine after getting certified. Now if my good for nothing state would get the dispensaries open I will be in business.

So glad this worked out for you, mate! :tup::clap:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Very happy for you. I was on cloud nine after getting certified. Now if my good for nothing state would get the dispensaries open I will be in business.

So glad this worked out for you, mate! :tup::clap:

Like I said, I'm still nervous about quantity. We have some of the restrictive law in the states. I asked them what if I run out before 30 days. I don't think I can get more till the next 30 days and they can up my dose or something like that.

This was a top notch place. Great great people.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
I'm bummed they don't have edibles or flowers, but what can I do.
What you can do is get on the phone with your State (not federal) Representative and Senator and let them know that you are not satisfied with the quantity limitations, the price and lack of supply because they didn't authorize enough production, and tell them that you would prefer to vaporize flowers instead of paying all the money involved in producing oils that just wind up adulterated by the hardware forced upon you in terms of consuming the oils via vaporization.

While you are at it, let them know that you would prefer the ability to grow this medicine yourself and maybe educate them a little on how this has become a right now in Canada for their medical patients. Tell them you shouldn't be forced to buy over-processed plant material you could grow much cheaper and with more tender loving care in the comfort of your own home. If you know black market prices and have anyway to equate them to what you are seeing at the dispensary, it might help to educate them on the fact you can get the same medicine on the street cheaper. This might be easier said than done because of the fact the state isn't selling flowers and that is more common in East Coast black market.

From what I've read recently, New Jersey has the most expensive medical cannabis in the US. I am not even sure if New York was online when that info came out, but there is a definite trend as to what is happening to the industry on the East Coast with medical cannabis. No flowers, no homegrow, and heavily taxed bars to enter into strict vertically integrated cultivation, processing, and distribution systems. The venture capitalists are here, and it isn't pretty for how states adopt laws. Pennsylvania has worse laws in terms of consumption than NY (and my prediction is more expensive), at least Maryland and Ohio have access to flowers.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I'm really pretty amazed that no one on our special place in the internet, aka here, has their medical card. Either that, or they are extremely quiet.

@Baron23 if they don't have dispensaries, what does your card provide you?

I think they overnighted my card, should have it tomorrow. I'll go to the dispensary Thursday after work.

Baron23

I'm really pretty amazed that no one on our special place in the internet, aka here, has their medical card. Either that, or they are extremely quiet.

@Baron23 if they don't have dispensaries, what does your card provide you?

I think they overnighted my card, should have it tomorrow. I'll go to the dispensary Thursday after work.

They don't have dispensaries YET. They just issued growers and processor licenses. Although this is now being threatened by minority legislative caucus members as apparently a double blind evaluation, where applicant principal's gender and race were removed prior to evaluation, is racist as no african american led teams won one of the 15 licenses issued in each category. Hopefully, the winners are pressing ahead with starting up cultivation.

Maryland also has its physician registry open. Physicians can register with the state to issue certifications and the Dr that I am seeing is so registered.

Dispensary licenses (something like 190 or so anticipated statewide) are still under evaluation.

The Patient Registry is not set up yet and they are saying it will be opened about 6 months before dispensaries open. BUT since they have no published schedule at all much less target date for issuing dispensary licenses, the Patient Registry is in the wind.

What I have is a registered Dr's certification that I qualify under Maryland's requirements for a medical card and I have a letter so saying so (my get out of jail card until they open patient registery). Once the open patient registery, I will go back to this same Dr, with whom I have already established agreement that I qualify, and get the final letter.

Then I'm in business with whatever dispensaries are open at that time.

By the by, if its not apparent I have a good bit of contempt for Government in general and the State of Maryland's Government in particular. The fucking pyramids were built faster that this. :bang:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Ok for those following my story.

Today I had my appointment at Vireo Health. It went very well actually. I met with the pharmacist and it was super friendly. They recommended I try two different products, they have it labeled by the color of the rainbow. They gave me two carts (one of each), the Red which was High THC and Low CBD, and they gave me a Green which was Balanced CBD/THC.

They told me to try the green during the day and the red at night. It was $94 for a 250mg cart. They do sell it in bulk form which is double the amount of oil for $133 (but I would need to provide my own pen). They told me if I run out of the two carts I can go back, I don't need to wait 30 days, because we are still trying to figure out my dosing regimen.

Stupid expensive but this is the best cart I have ever tasted, and it definitely works. Helps with my pain for sure. It doesn't last too long the effects, but I'm sure I can make due. :-)

If I can keep it down to at least $500 - $600 a month (which is an insane amount considering how much cheaper it is elsewhere), I'll be golden I think

Edit: although what am I gonna do with all my vapes now.

Last edited:

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
NYS has the worst MMJ law, it's too restrictive. I'd be certified in any other state, but i'm not going to pay those outrageous prices for certification and carts on a fixed income. I pay 1/3 for better carts when i'm in CA and want the option to use flower. Cuomo is an ass and rejected a more sensible MMJ law that would help more people. I'll continue to be an :myday: criminal .

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
NYS has the worst MMJ law, it's too restrictive. I'd be certified in any other state, but i'm not going to pay those outrageous prices for certification and carts on a fixed income. I pay 1/3 for better carts when i'm in CA and want the option to use flower. Cuomo is an ass and rejected a more sensible MMJ law that would help more people. I'll continue to be an :myday: criminal .

While I generally agree with, I would say that I've been pleased with what I've been getting. The 1:1 THC:CBD cart is pretty awesome and I've never had anything like that. Definitely helps with my chronic pain. In the issue of cost, yeah it's ridiculously expensive. They sell bulk oil but no good way to use it. 500mg 1ml is $130. And the certification was $250 from the doctor. That's actually not too bad and about what I've seen in other states. Anyhow good to be in the system for when we finally get our act together and prices drop and they get additional methods.

My main reasoning is ive been through some drought situations and I can't be in a drought while I'm having chronic pain everyday.

newVaper420,
Reactions: grokit

Baron23

While I generally agree with, I would say that I've been pleased with what I've been getting. The 1:1 THC:CBD cart is pretty awesome and I've never had anything like that. Definitely helps with my chronic pain. In the issue of cost, yeah it's ridiculously expensive. They sell bulk oil but no good way to use it. 500mg 1ml is $130. And the certification was $250 from the doctor. That's actually not too bad and about what I've seen in other states. Anyhow good to be in the system for when we finally get our act together and prices drop and they get additional methods.

My main reasoning is ive been through some drought situations and I can't be in a drought while I'm having chronic pain everyday.
Hang in there. I agree with you...better to be certified now, when you can, and then wait until sanity is restored in your state. I believe that when CA goes full rec legal, making the entire west coast rec legal, that there will be greater pressure on guys like Cuomo to rationalize their regulations.

Hell, I paid $250 to get certified and my state doesn't even have dispensaries open yet. But when they do, that box has already been checked off.

In the meantime I buy illegally and you may want to do the same if the product and price don't suit you.

Top Bottom