Has anyone else vaped with an industrial Hand Held Convection tool?

slart

hct90011.jpg

OK International HCT-900
Hand Held Convection Tool

http://www.okinternational.it/ManualiPdf/soldering/HCT-900 manual 0306.pdf

Just had the revelation that my hot air rework station is basically a HEAVY-Duty Vape last week.
completely adj temp and Fan my short term testing with a dual chamber whip and turkey bag produced a beautiful vapor that is comparable to my friends volcano.

I see lots of people retasking soldering Irons and heatguns but searching the web which has also brought me here; it seems I might be alone in my experimentation with this type of unit.
Might be a little spendy if you didn't do any electronics rework though..
ANYONE else?

slart,
Reactions: 364F

exdmd

Not for $500, thank you. Aqua Lab sells a Herb-Iron that looks similar for $70.

exdmd,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i should probably get a tool like that for doing the SMT components on the pcb in my Bud Toaster.

i personally wouldn't use it to vape though, 'cause i'm an all-glass air path fanatic ... except in extreme emergencies, of course.

Hippie Dickie,

slart

Hippie Dickie said:
i should probably get a tool like that for doing the SMT components on the pcb in my Bud Toaster.

i personally wouldn't use it to vape though, 'cause i'm an all-glass air path fanatic ... except in extreme emergencies, of course.
Those look great! I saw a few of your posts with the Bud Toaster.:o
how could i get one of those?
If they are not yet production I would be happy to review a prototype and give many honest and cconscice accountings far and wide :D

I already own the OKI hct so there is no additional cost.

I would have to imagine the element is AT LEAST as good or better than many of the consumer to low grade vapes, is this thinking incorrect?

slart,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
the element may be as good, but the air flow is probably through a fan (carbon particles in the air stream) and across the pcb (resin, flux, solder, RoHS?). And the plastic tubing may be questionable, re: spallation (small plastic particle bits dislodged even at low temperatures with mechanical flexing). Actually, ALL plastic is subject to spallation.

i hope to have the Bud Toaster in production by Sept 1 if beta testing (sorry, all units already assigned) goes well.

Hippie Dickie,

slart

Hippie Dickie said:
the element may be as good, but the air flow is probably through a fan (carbon particles in the air stream) and across the pcb (resin, flux, solder, RoHS?). And the plastic tubing may be questionable, re: spallation (small plastic particle bits dislodged even at low temperatures with mechanical flexing). Actually, ALL plastic is subject to spallation.

i hope to have the Bud Toaster in production by Sept 1 if beta testing (sorry, all units already assigned) goes well.
according to OKI the airflow is:
Air Pump Type: Diaphragm
Air Flow: 5-20 l/min.
Further, the pump claims in some literature I have to be pre-filtered as there were instructions on replacing the pre-filter.
I will have to dis-assemble to see if air flow is routed across the PCB or not..
good point about the plastic tubing..
thanks for the advice and insights.

slart,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
you're welcome, but it's just my opinion ... thanks for the opportunity to comment -- i have to bite my tongue to not post in some of the threads on FC.

i'm not sure a diaphragm pump is any better regarding spallation -- since that design is similar to the blood pump that was found to inject little itsy-bitsy pieces of silicon into the liver of dialysis patients.

my advice is "just say no to plastic of any kind".

Hippie Dickie,

Qbit

cannabanana
Yeah it's basically all down to whether you trust the quality of the hot air or not.

Qbit,
Top Bottom