happy thankgiving vaporists

Purple-Days

Starting to smell good in the kitchen. We are having Turkey fora change of pace this year.

Happy holidays and good wishes to all the FC family. :)

Purple-Days,

King Kong

King Kong,

lwien

King Kong said:
Happy Land stealing day!!

Just think about the history of this holiday before your "celebrate" it..

the Europeans brought disease over that basically killed most of the Native Americas..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_Americans_in_the_United_States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...ericas#Disease_and_indigenous_population_loss

if you support mass genocide, go ahead and celebrate "thanksgiving" and thank those Europeans for killing most of the native Americana's for their land...
It's also a day for families to get together, for friends to get together..........to celebrate their love for one another. To give thanks for what they have, and for some, and even more importantly, a day to just...........give, and for many to just give to those that are less fortunate than themselves.

So, I suggest to to heed your own advice that is in your sig..........and to take off your blinders and not look at the world through such narrowly focused glasses 'cause if you don't, it's too damn easy to find fault in just about anything.

lwien,

King Kong

lwien said:
It's also a day for families to get together, for friends to get together..........to celebrate their love for one another. To give thanks for what they have, and for some, and even more importantly, a day to just...........give, and for many to just give to those that are less fortunate than themselves.

So, I suggest to to heed your own advice that is in your sig..........and to take off your blinders and not look at the world through such narrowly focused glasses 'cause if you don't, it's too damn easy to find fault in just about anything.
im just presenting the fact, nothing else, all we have in this world is our understanding of the truth of things..

(took world history classes for a while and learned alot about many different things that happened in the world)

King Kong,

Purple-Days

Pammy is part Cherokee, my best friend just returned from the reservation. :cool:

Uhh, sorry if we offend, but it's just a holiday. Lets, strut Christopher Columbus (who Federal employees get a day off in tribute to) if you want to get real with it. :peace:

It a time to reflect and give pause for what we have.

Purple-Days,

lwien

King Kong said:
(took world history classes for a while and learned alot about many different things that happened in the world)
So did I, a very long time ago. I remember very vividly about taking out into the world that which I learned from books and shoving that down peoples throats because I was so damn sure that I knew something that they didn't and I sincerely wanted to share my new found knowledge with those who I felt was less fortunate. ;)

What hopefully happens though as we age, is we begin to take a much wider view on things and while not unlearning what we learned so many years ago, we paint what we learned with the colors of experience.

Happy Thanksgiving, King Kong. And here's hoping that your future will allow you to see the forest without being blinded by the trees.

lwien,

lwien

Purple-Days said:
Pammy is part Cherokee, my best friend just returned from the reservation. :cool:
My ex-wife is part Cherokee part Irish, and on top of that, she's a Scorpio. Now astrology isn't really my bag, but man, what a fucking combo. Impossible to live with, but what a great place to visit. :D

lwien,

Purple-Days

Hee Hee .... ;)

ps. We are decorating an X-Mas tree today. Sorta Druid, you know. Might be a fish, who cares? :/

Purple-Days,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
LMAO Lwein!! I'm part Cherokee, part Blackfoot Indian, part Irish and also a Scorpio! My husband would laugh his ass off at your description.

I cooked a turkey for the family today!!

Happy Turkey Day!!

Lo,

tuttle

Hope everyone had a good and safe holiday today. Everyone here is in some stage of recovering from some strain of flu, but still much to be thankful for.

tuttle,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
i don't get the correlation of stuffing your face with turkey and giving thanks at the same time as particularly meaningful.
don't mean to offend, but this seems like a Hallmark crap holiday at least in its present form like most of the others.

jeffp,

Trixer

Well lets look at all the hallmark crap holidays.. oh wait thats all of them...

I mean at least, thanksgiving is something that has some substantial background to it... I mean lets look at freaking easter!

Thanks giving is about being with family and friends, and just taking a moment to reflect about what you have, instead of what you want/need. Out of all of the Americanized holidays I can say thanksgiving is one of the better ones.... People get together, adults talk over a football game, or about whatever, kids play on the floor with coloring books, and family members connect with others they have not seen in far far to long. There is no other time like thanksgiving, a day where everyone is at peace, well fed, and just generally in good spirits.

To me Xmas cant even match this (though I never had much of an xmas, and don't really have them now)

Even if you don't eat, take a moment and reflect on what you have... you would be surprised in taking a moment to reflect on the things people take for-granted.

Ohh yeah and everyone wears indian outfits or piligrim outfits WOOT for sexah pilgrim girls... wait.. thats my family...

Trixer,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
hmmm..... so arguably every holiday is pretty much a crap hallmark holiday - again not to offend but i include religious as well as national, maybe all designed for either product consumption or mind control....

jeffp,
Top Bottom