Hand Crafted Custom RBT Milaana

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@Bravest your website looks more professional every time I visit.

I did not notice the previous offerings. Are you putting the previous versions on hold to get the Timber rolling?

Whatever you decide, I wish you continued success.
Yes... and thank you. I did web design in the fitness industry for many years, writing hard core HTML with no "go daddy". This is like working on your own computer, click and it's done. Kinda freaky. Leaves me way more time for building Timbers, which is what I want to perfect, as well as accessories for it (and stock Milaana). And thank you for that glass connection, one of my many resources now. I got some cool black and amber tubes I'm going to be using soon.

The Timber design is solid, logical, pretty, and can be replicated with ease. I'm happy to say, it also addresses some stuff that may have prevented someone from enjoying all that Milaana goodness. So with that said, my focus will be on acquiring parts and perfecting Timber (and accessories), and whatever my imagination can conjure up.

Thanks for being such a huge supporter.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
So the web thing is so much easier than it used to be that content is almost instantaneous, if you have something to say that is. I've just added a blog link to the site, where it will be way easier to post wordy content that most of us will simply ignore, but if you like to read about this stuff, it'll be there. Technical info, directions, resources, pictures of internal workings, techniques for self modifications, Milaana accessories, will all eventually be part of what I'll write about.

For now, it's just a general place holder on Timber.
GO TO BLOG:: /vapwood.com/blog

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
So... modifications abound. I had a prototype just collecting dust, and I decided to modify it for a 20700. This is a bit more tedious build because of the deeper cavities I need to work in to make connections. Things are also bit tighter due to the 20700 cavity, but I was already cutting the battery hole on the main body a hair larger, but now it's gotta be dead on. On this model I shrunk the lower section, and used walnut. I'm still working out the cap / flat bottom everybody seems to want, but this was about the battery. I cheated on the charge (hate that) just to get a clip.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Challenge...
Be able to use both 20700 and 18650 batteries in the same device.
Thanks for one of my huge supporters for the idea. Here's the first draft of it. The vapower 20700 has some oomph, really appreciating it, but it does NOT tend to char (at least yet). Took me a few vape adjustments to appreciate, but I only have two. I can still swap out with my VTC 5a's. Either way, this current unit is producing smooth, tasty vapor, for what seems like way to long for .08 grams.
http://www.mikestefano.com/2017/11/timber-unregulated-18650-and-20700.html

Next Challenge...
Bring all the Timber changes (no epoxy, bottom battery, 2 lower vent holes, 20700/18650 compatible, also working on more internal changes) to a more stealth, Milaana-like design
T6n7a9w.jpg

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Very interesting development. When returning to the rectangular form, applying all the changes, the new design took on a life of its own. With a hair extra width, I can shorten substantially. 20700 slot is accessible from bottom. Flat top. It hasn't come together completely yet, but it's falling into place nicely.

The larger Timber log style will, with its club like grip, contrast nicely with the flat, stealth milaana like shape. Both will be bottom battery, 20700, epoxy free.

Get ready for the Little Bud

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
First of all, let me just say, this is just the beginning. Everything right now is in flux, moving forward rapidly. I have lots of woodworking experience, and a great teacher (thanks @Alan), who is a wealth of knowledge and resources. I also have an inquisitive mind that likes to solve problems, and that's exactly what this is.

Already Accomplished
Epoxy gone
Battery inserted from bottom
Low vent hole
Recess switch
20700 potential
Inline cylindrical unit (Timber)
Side by side palm size unit (Little Bud)

What's Next

The bottom load battery will be completely internal, with a latch. I will also introduce is a coil shaped heater for faster, more efficient, and even heating. Mention of* glass free* hasn't skipped my attention, and I'm working toward an all wood unit as well.

This will all be available in both the Timber and Little Bud form.

Keep an eye out at https://vapwood.com/

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Your have my custom if you can make a glass free milaana. Perhaps a glass tube to encase the heater and a wood female would be easier to make.

oddjobold,
Reactions: Zow237

Zow237

Amazing! As soon as I have cash I'll be grabbing me one! The 20700 batteries will make the unit have more power?

Zow237,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I'm testing that situation now. I am finding that the coil heater doesn't really need the extra power, and it also is more efficient battery wise, but we shall see. Either way, I'm sure there will be a 20700 option, even if unit needs to be a hair larger. Right now I'm trying to shrink, once that's accomplished, we can tweak this form.

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
@Bravesst Are you making the Little Bud from scratch, or can you modify a pre-existing Milaana to that new shape. I just love the way you're taking a very cool design and making it better; both the Timber and the Little Bud will be on my 2018 wish list. But I hope not for too long.

sickmanfraud

@Bravesst I have a question about having an existing Milaana made into a Timber.

If I send you my Milaana which does not have a turbulator do you have the pieces to make a Timber with a turbulator?

If no, would my only option be to buy a new Timber?

Also, would you get more exposure on the portable vape thread?

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@sickmanfraud
I've just requested manufacturer status, and a Timber / Little Bud thread on portables. As of now, I am producing both units from scratch, in a completely different design from Milaana, including heater. The Timber will remain stacked, inline, and cylindrical. The Little Bud will be made as stealth as possible in a side by side unit. Right now I'm in design mode, but units will be available shortly. The Timber is listed on the website, the Little Bud will be up for sale in a few days.

beyond6strings

@sickmanfraud
I've just requested manufacturer status, and a Timber / Little Bud thread on portables. As of now, I am producing both units from scratch, in a completely different design from Milaana, including heater. The Timber will remain stacked, inline, and cylindrical. The Little Bud will be made as stealth as possible in a side by side unit. Right now I'm in design mode, but units will be available shortly. The Timber is listed on the website, the Little Bud will be up for sale in a few days.

@Bravesst This makes me very, very happy. I just dig the shit out of the pic of the prototype Little Bud. It's making my cannabinoid receptors hard.

Last edited:
beyond6strings,
Reactions: Zow237

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@beyond6strings

I spent half the day outside finishing up Timber for a long-time FC member. Then I turned my attention to... well let's take a look.

Modeled after a well known mod box, but all wood. This unit has the GonG but no epoxy. Notice the side battery compartment, the battery will load from the side, snap in between contacts. I'm working on the door concept right now. The switch (momentary button) will sit atop the unit. The unit will be capped, top and bottom (just batter side cap on top, full cap bottom). Eventually I plan to eliminate GonG.
UGJSyEp.jpg

What you're lookin' at here is the bottom of the unit, before cap. The COIL heater is on the other side of the 1 inch disk with the 2 leads coming through. On this prototype, the switch is not under the heater, but above the battery and will be thumb operated. The battery slot (right) fits a 20700 battery. I'm not sure what way to go here, dual capability, just 18650 (smaller, lighter), or just 20700 (potentially better).
npPY8pn.jpg

Here's the unit with the stock for the bottom and top.
EeSYQoX.jpg

beyond6strings

@beyond6strings

I spent half the day outside finishing up Timber for a long-time FC member. Then I turned my attention to... well let's take a look.

Modeled after a well known mod box, but all wood. This unit has the GonG but no epoxy. Notice the side battery compartment, the battery will load from the side, snap in between contacts. I'm working on the door concept right now. The switch (momentary button) will sit atop the unit. The unit will be capped, top and bottom (just batter side cap on top, full cap bottom). Eventually I plan to eliminate GonG.
UGJSyEp.jpg

What you're lookin' at here is the bottom of the unit, before cap. The COIL heater is on the other side of the 1 inch disk with the 2 leads coming through. On this prototype, the switch is not under the heater, but above the battery and will be thumb operated. The battery slot (right) fits a 20700 battery. I'm not sure what way to go here, dual capability, just 18650 (smaller, lighter), or just 20700 (potentially better).
npPY8pn.jpg

Here's the unit with the stock for the bottom and top.
EeSYQoX.jpg

@Bravesst You don't let any dust settle do you? Holy crap. Personally I'm not sure how I'd feel about driving a unit with my thumb-I've got pretty bad tendinitis in both thumbs and I play acoustic guitar for a living. But with the way you customize, and the rate things are changing, I'll bet you've got way more figured out by the time I can pull the trigger on another piece.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Little Bud is really cool. I like that design a whole lot. Wow. Very very practical and I love the fact that it stands up even with bottom battery load due to the recessed battery cap. Awesome. I wish I could afford it.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@Bravesst You don't let any dust settle do you? Holy crap. Personally I'm not sure how I'd feel about driving a unit with my thumb-I've got pretty bad tendinitis in both thumbs and I play acoustic guitar for a living. But with the way you customize, and the rate things are changing, I'll bet you've got way more figured out by the time I can pull the trigger on another piece.

You know... I woulda thought that. Have you ever used a Witcher Box? Turns out, if you can get it shaped just right, the thumb will naturally want to press down, with very little effort. Makes pressing with the pinky or other finger, seem like more work by comparison. I was amazed out how natural it was. But... this is a prototype, we'll see if I can achieve that level of comfort.

beyond6strings

You know... I woulda thought that. Have you ever used a Witcher Box? Turns out, if you can get it shaped just right, the thumb will naturally want to press down, with very little effort. Makes pressing with the pinky or other finger, seem like more work by comparison. I was amazed out how natural it was. But... this is a prototype, we'll see if I can achieve that level of comfort.

@Bravesst I've never had the opportunity to try the Witcher Box, but I messed around with my Milaana and you're right, it's not hard at all. I can probably use the weight of my hand/arm in addition to just pressing with my thumb-it's a technique I use in playing-if I want a little extra juice in a bass note instead of trying to pluck a lot harder I just let my hand 'fall' while I pluck the note.

beyond6strings,
Top Bottom