Half-bowl at a time?

nr-cole

Got home after a library work-marathon last night, my I-olite had a full bowl packed, and I fired it up for a nice pre-bed blaze. Then I change my mind while it's heating up and decide I only want a hit or two before I pass out. I take them, and flick it off and go to bed.

So here's what I'm thinking about. Am I being wasteful? Obviously the sensible thing to do would be to pack a tiny bowl and run that through all the way, but as I said, I had already turned the thing on. I guess I could have waited for it to finish cycling and then tried to grab one last hit, but I passed out.

So, does anybody else ever burn half a bowl on their vape and leave the rest sitting for later? Are there disadvantages?

nr-cole,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I do that very often with my DBV. I'm sure it's not the most efficient way of vaping but I see no problems in doing so.

aesthyrian,

Carbon

I know someone who does this with his volcano and will load up the bowl to about the same amount regardless of how many people are there or how much he's having. I explained to him that my theory was it was better to just fill up less and do a full 3-4 runs and get rid of the stuff rather than vaping it halfway through and then going back to it later. I think it's the convenience factor that is attractive not having to repack as often.

Carbon,

george

Don't have to worry about this with the MFLB :cool:

Only cooks the herb when you want it too

george,

OO

Technical Skeptical
when i do this with my herbalaire, i notice a different experience with each sesh.

OO,

max

Out to lunch
george said:
Don't have to worry about this with the MFLB :cool:

Only cooks the herb when you want it too
Worry about wasting herb? IMO any decent vape design allows you to stop whenever you want without continuing to apply heat to the bowl. The iolite would retain vaping temp for a very brief period after shutting off, but the answer to that (to avoid waste) is to shut it off and take another hit or two before it cools down below vaping temp.

max,

george

max said:
Worry about wasting herb? IMO any decent vape design allows you to stop whenever you want without continuing to apply heat to the bowl. The iolite would retain vaping temp for a very brief period after shutting off, but the answer to that (to avoid waste) is to shut it off and take another hit or two before it cools down below vaping temp.

Yes.
From what the OP was saying, it sounded like some of his herb was going to waste. I could be wrong i have no experience with the iolite

george,

nr-cole

That's one thing I don't really know about the Iolite (and don't recall reading anywhere in the thread). When the unit cycles through a couple times to run off the extra butane in the system after you shut it off, does that butane continue to heat the bowl? If so then you've got to chill for more than a minute while you let it do its thing.

nr-cole,
Top Bottom