Hair Dryer smell from Volcano?

IceMann997

Hello everyone, I was given a volcano from my brother two months ago, and noticed a certain smell. When the device is heated up and ready to go, I sometimes turn the air on without the herb chamber on it. When so, the air coming out of the device smells like a hair dryer and I'm not sure if this is a concern or not?

IceMann997,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Is there loose herb continually vaporizing on the volcano where the heating chamber sits?

invertedisdead,

Vitolo

Vaporist
  1. Turn unplugged Volcano over gently, and using an air duster spray blow around the sides around wherethe chamber does not sit.
  2. Change the air filter on the bottom too..... (make sure there is an air filter there!).
If your friend had a cat, and was incautious about the filter, and keeping the unit covered....
Cat hair would be light weight enough to get drawn in, and would produce the smell you describe.
Cap for a Volcano is free see it here: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/volcano.220/page-46#post-557170

kuzko

I've had my Volcano for about 10 years. I don't usually ever turn on the fan without a bag but I'm sure I have for a second by accident. Haven't noticed a hair dryer smell.

Have you seen YouTube videos of people opening up their Volcanoes? The insides become CAKED in residue. ive never opened mine up nor would I recommend it but there could be an excess amount causing a smell?

I also dont see anything wrong with a hair dryer smell per se, as long as it's not a burning plastic smell. The Volcano works by super heating a block of metal (aluminum or titanium?) and the fan shoots air through the block which heats up the air to vaporization temperature.

Have you checked your air intake filter on the bottom of the Volcano? That can get dirty and you may need to get a replacement filter. (Easy)

Hope any of this helps and that you get all squared away with ur Volcano.

kuzko,
Top Bottom