guy vaporized booze!

grokit

well-worn member
Idk about flavor, more than just alcohol, and contaminants because alcohol has quite a low vaping temperature: the boiling point of ethanol is 78c/172f. So any flavors and/or toxins etc would have to start boiling at or before that point since you certainly wouldn't want to go beyond that temp (boom!).

Anyways that's why I was wondering about what other things a booze vaper might be inhaling besides the alcohol, as I would think not much else vapes at temps that low.

grokit

well-worn member
It's hard to fathom the need or compulsion to get drunk by any other way than drinking. I guess that's why it's considered a disease.

I'm going on a t-break, and have one of these on the way for shits&giggles.
I have a bunch of top-shelf booze laying around that I hardly ever touch because of GI discomfort;
this should bypass that issue quite efficiently.

I've never been much of a drinker before even when out of weed,
so I don't think I fit the "alcoholic" profile.
I just want to see what a booze-buzz is like without stomach/bowl distress.
It's for science:science:!

Last edited:

weedemon

enthusiast
I'm going on a t-break, and have one of these on the way for shits&giggles.
I have a bunch of top-shelf booze laying around that I hardly ever touch because of GI discomfort;
this should bypass that issue quite efficiently.

I've never been much of a drinker before even when out of weed,
so I don't think I fit the "alcoholic" profile.
I just want to see what a booze-buzz is like without stomach/bowl distress.
It's for science:science:!

take it slow, pace yourself and see how you go! apparently it's easy to over do it with this method of consumption.

I am interested to hear your report back though too!

grokit

well-worn member
Right, from what I understand it doesn't take much to feel the effects, and it is easy to overdo it.
And overdoing it is quite dangerous. And then there's the risk of fire! Sounds like fun to me lol.

arf777

No longer dogless
Well, Stephen Fry, a personal fave celeb of mine, seems to like using the French version for vaping scotch (at about 23:00)

arf777,
Reactions: grokit

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
This is the same as huffing spray paint or gas but with a different solvent and a delivery "device". Anesthesiologists are the experts on inhalation of anesthetic gases, they take the subject extremely seriously, so I don't fuck with it. Why stop at alcohol? Try some xylene or ether while your at it. Whippits (nitrous oxide) displaces oxygen in the brain. Dangerous but fun . . .

Last edited:
t-dub,

grokit

well-worn member
This is the same as huffing spray paint or gas but with a different solvent and a delivery device. Anesthesiologists are the experts on inhalation of anesthetic gases, they take the subject extremely seriously, so I don't fuck with it. Why stop at alcohol? Try some xylene or ether while your at it. Whippits (nitrous oxide) displace oxygen in the brain. Dangerous but fun . . .

Thanks for the fear mongering, but I disagree.
It's nothing like huffing glue or solvent and is only a distant cousin of anesthesia!
Perhaps it's like huffing solvent the way getting drunk on scope is comparable to drinking booze.
It's more about getting the effect without distressing the GI system, or polluting the liver.
As long as some intelligence in exercised, the most dangerous thing would be potential ignition.

From NPR:

"So the Vaportini is fun, but is it safe?

Behavioral biologists (so and so), who study alcohol abuse at the University of North Texas, say scientists haven't examined alcohol inhalation in humans yet, so they don't know if the Vaportini poses any extra risks.

"What I will say, though, is that inhaling is a very efficient and rapid way to deliver drugs to the brain," Thombs tells The Salt. "So I would think one would get intoxicated quickly."

On the other hand, a Vaportini has a large amount of water in it, even when it's just straight bourbon or vodka, Walters says. "You'd have to inhale a lot of water before you'd get a whole shot of alcohol. But it might clear up your sinuses."

Malooley agrees. After "sipping" on the Vaportini for about 30 minutes, Malooley says he felt "a mild buzz that wore off fast."

"When we left the bar, I even asked the photographer I was with if he wanted to go get a beer, because I felt like having a real drink," Malooley chuckles."

:cool: In many ways, drinking is more dangerous because of the onset delay:

"It is absorbed directly into the bloodstream and does not go through the digestive tract. This has the advantage of almost no calories; no carbs, no impurities and the effects of consuming alcohol are immediately felt, making it easier to responsibly imbibe. Unlike traditional consumption of spirits, Vaportinis give more control, shortly after exhaling all of the effects of the alcohol consumed are felt. In contrast, it takes 20 to 30 minutes to feel the full effects of spirits that are swallowed."

According to huffington post, it's only illegal in two states!
:evil:

grokit,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I like my liver between my alcohol and my brain, where it belongs. And I wasn't fear mongering that is my opinion. Your reply even admits this isn't studied in humans yet. I wish you luck . . .

t-dub,

grokit

well-worn member
I like my liver between my alcohol and my brain, where it belongs. And I wasn't fear mongering that is my opinion. Your reply even admits this isn't studied in humans yet. I wish you luck, try some ether or N02 . . .

Obviously you didn't explore the links I sent (in the 4 minutes it took you to reply),
I can't spoon-feed everything to you ;)!

"...he was surprised by how much of the whiskey's nuances came through in the vapors. "When you inhale it, you can taste the flavors of each alcohol on your tongue. You can tell it's whiskey."

Ether or NO2 would taste like nothing at best, probably like some horribly toxic chemical.

The liver is dealing with all the impurities as well as the ethanol,
and there are much less of them when vaping booze compared to drinking it.
Especially with the cheap stuff.

Last edited:
grokit,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Obviously you didn't explore the links I sent (in the 4 minutes it took you to reply),
I can't spoon-feed everything to you ;)!

"...he was surprised by how much of the whiskey's nuances came through in the vapors. "When you inhale it, you can taste the flavors of each alcohol on your tongue. You can tell it's whiskey."

Ether or NO2 would taste like nothing at best, probably like some horribly toxic chemical.

The liver is dealing with all the impurities as well as the ethanol,
and there are much less of them when vaping booze compared to drinking it.
Especially the cheap stuff.
ether and n02 were jokes, I deleted them because I thought you would take it wrong, as you did. Enjoy vaping your ethanol.

t-dub,

grokit

well-worn member
That's akin to saying "enjoy vaping your thc/cbd's",
when the above quote suggests a more subtle allegory.

Y'know, like what it says about the different flavors of spirits.

I'm sure I will enjoy it, and with zero hangover.
I will share my experiences here good or bad!

Thanks for stopping by :tup:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
But I'm sure I will enjoy it, and with zero hangover.
I will share my experiences here, good or bad!

I wouldn't expect a hangover per se, I don't think the dose is going to be high enough for that. Its how acute the inhalation might be is my concern, and next time I'm at my neurologist I'll just run it by him and see what he says. I have relatives with neurological diseases that self medicate with alcohol to much peril so I can investigate this further . . .

t-dub,

Detonator

That's akin to saying "enjoy vaping your thc/cbd's",
when the above quote suggests a more subtle allegory.

Y'know, like what it says about the different flavors of spirits.

I'm sure I will enjoy it, and with zero hangover.
I will share my experiences here good or bad!

You Need this.... lol When I first got into ecig I swore I saw a story about how people would vaporizing alchol back in to 1800's but I cant find it now..

http://www.awolspirit.com/

pic-index.gif

Last edited:
Detonator,

grokit

well-worn member
I wouldn't expect a hangover per se, I don't think the dose is going to be high enough for that. Its how acute the inhalation might be is my concern, and next time I'm at my neurologist I'll just run it by him and see what he says. I have relatives with neurological diseases that self medicate with alcohol to much peril so I can investigate this further . . .

Well one thing that's pointed out is that the alcohol is diluted with water, and they don't recommend over 100 proof so in the case of the absinthe I would add a little water because I think it's over 100 proof.

"Upon extensive testing, higher proof works better for Vaportinis as does more flavorful spirits, but not alcohols over 100 proof. Our favorites have been: any vodka flavor, bourbons, and dark rums. However, the possibilities are endless. We tried several infused spirits that were very successful. Again, the flavor comes through strongly, yet smoothly."

They recommend using between 1 and 1.5 ounces for each drink/dose/whatever.

grokit,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
My favorite drink is Ouzo, which is why I have not had it in a long, long, time. Absinthe was a close second but until now you never knew what you were getting.

Metaxa-Ouzo.jpg

t-dub,

grokit

well-worn member
I haven't imbibed real booze in so long because of my gut. I have had ouzo, can't say it was my favorite but I didn't not like it. You have very eclectic taste! I will do a snifter of port, or a very occasional shot of jagermeister or single malt but for the most part it's just a glass of wine or even more rarely a beer with a meal; for beer it has to be mexican and I don't drink wine unless it's paired with a meat (which I am eating less and less of).

I'm sure this will only come out for special occasions, but as I'm the vapor guy in this town it should be par for the course. The upside is if/when I have people over to try this out, they can get all messed up and then (reportedly) be good to go drive home 1/2 hour later. So that's a plus compared to most cocktail parties.

The intoxication leaves your system the same way it comes on to it, very quickly.

edit:
I just remembered another weird booze that I have stashed away:
Pisco (from south america).
As in pisco sour.

Last edited:
grokit,

grokit

well-worn member
Okay so I tried the vaportini, put the last shot of an old bottle of Glenlivet in it. It definitely lets you feel the effects immediately. It's a slow-acting vape, takes 5-10 minutes to do its thing with a jigger of booze. And it seemed to take forever to finish a single shot, so even though it's theoretically easier to over-imbibe with this, it would be hard to do in reality. The vapor itself is a bit harsh and boozy, not as bad as drinking it though and the flavor definitely comes through. It's not something I will do often but it's a nice novelty to have, especially since I don't drink the hard stuff anymore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom