• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

gunked up atomizer coil...why?

oldfool

You know, the black baked on shell.

When I was using the PuffCo pen, some atomizers lasted for months and others would gunk up in the first few days.

My Orb 4 went thru 4 double coil ceramic atomizers in about a week. And now I've been using the same one for several weeks.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I running into bad wax?

oldfool,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Residual plant material is turning to carbon via pyrolysis. You can slow it down by using lower temperatures to avoid creating this hard crust so quickly, but it's basically unavoidable with coil based designs. These coils literally burn these residual plant fats, waxes, and proteins every hit.

I would suggest switching to a coil-less atomizer which can be cleaned much easier, at the least. I would also suggest a temperature controlled box mod if you don't have one, as they go a long way towards prolonging the life of your coils.

More residual plant material does not necessarily mean the concentrate is bad. Especially if it is rosin, for example. If it is rosin, it's going to gunk coils up super fast. Easier to just dab it in an oil rig.

shredder

Residual plant material is turning to carbon via pyrolysis. You can slow it down by using lower temperatures to avoid creating this hard crust so quickly, but it's basically unavoidable with coil based designs. These coils literally burn these residual plant fats, waxes, and proteins every hit.

I would suggest switching to a coil-less atomizer which can be cleaned much easier, at the least. I would also suggest a temperature controlled box mod if you don't have one, as they go a long way towards prolonging the life of your coils.

More residual plant material does not necessarily mean the concentrate is bad. Especially if it is rosin, for example. If it is rosin, it's going to gunk coils up super fast. Easier to just dab it in an oil rig.

Excelent advice!

I'd add to check out a dynavap M ($50), and use it with a S &B concentrate pad.

I've been loading mine once a day with a dab twice as big as anything my pen could take. It tastes better and hits harder than any pen vape I've tried.

oldfool

You carry a torch around with you? Ever burn yourself when you put it in your pocket?

oldfool,

shredder

You carry a torch around with you? Ever burn yourself when you put it in your pocket?

Yes, I carry a small three flame torch. The torch is pretty safe, when the cover is on you can touch it anywhere without worries.

The dynavap cools fast. On heating and cooling it clicks an audible sound. When I hear the cooling click, I put it back in the storage tube it comes in. Even without the storage tube tho, when you hear the cooling click it's still warm, but you can touch it without burning yourself.

shredder,
Reactions: steama

shredder

Doesn't sound very discreet.

It's smaller than most pen vapes. However it does need a heat source. So maybe not for everyone.

Its the taste that sold me. It's closer taste wise to my dnail sic dish than to any pen or box mod I've owned or tried.

Not that it matters to me but it's main usage is with herb, so it does that well too.

Top Bottom