Green Dragon Recipes and Discussion

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
the dosage varies from what i read, from 1-5ml, depending on the amount and potency of what you used
haha dont worry , my rum was saturate of thc :D...after 2 hour that I'had drink it I just decid to go out (it was a realy hot day in montreal 25-30C full sun ) hit my genie and after the first puff I was pretty stonned LOL so I figure it come from the gg ...so i't seem to work but i'll say you might have some super mega fuckin potent grass to just take a ml and get stone

Clear_Dome,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
C_D what are Your thought's on conversion of cannabinoids with heat (decarboxylation) have you you tried this yourself with nice buds for any recipe's for cooking or resin making

Cannabudz,

Go-Graphics

I'm wanting to make my first batch but the sucess stories don't sound very pleasing?? My questions are...
Can I vape what's left?...Is there anything left?
Has anyone actually vaped or combusted Green Dragon waste?

Go-Graphics,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
If your talking Green Dragon recipes/variants(tincture or resin) i would only go the Oral/swallow route,4 Vaping stick to Hashish(BHO/Bubble/Finger) or Bud, To get best result's :)

Cannabudz,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
I have just started doing a cold method tincture with a bunch of vaped bud, but will mix with GD recipe. I have about 21 grams of vaped bud soaking in 190 proof everclear stored in my freezer. I am shaking it two times a day every day and keep adding more and more vaped stuff. I might add some new fresh bud after decarboxylation to buff it up a bit. After about a month or so I will take it out and place it in a water bath and get the alcohol to a low simmer for about 20 minutes to release the last vestiges of THC out of the plant material and then after cooling strain it all out and drain in an herb press if I can get one. I gotta strain it really well because the vaped bud has lots of little particles since it was a bit dry. Any thoughts on this? I have been pretty successful at reusing vaped stuff in baked goods. I have never made a tincture and am hoping this comes out ok. I also want to know if there is only so much THC alcohol can hold.

buddhaholic420,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
why are you storing it in the freezer? cold alcohol will pull the thc much slower than room temperature or warm, if i were you id set that bottle on top of the freezer and just let it sit there, it would probably work better and quicker (though cold soak methods usually need a month or more to really get stuff out)
what you really need to protect it from is uv light, that causes it to break down

the rest of your plan sounds pretty good though, vaped herb is usually mostly decarboxylated from the vaporization process, and you can reduce it down then use that tincture to make green dragon master wu style with fresh bud and come out with an ultra potent tincture

Acolyte of Zinglon,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
I am wondering if it would work with just vaped buds as cooking usually works. Any thoughts?

buddhaholic420,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Yes you can make green dragon with just vaped buds but it wont be nearly as potent, look as green, or taste as good as green leafy buds.

He was thinking about putting it in the freezer because when THC gets cold it will shatter and break off easily ( into alc ) If you ever have any plastic bags that are frosty with thc, put those in the freezer for a night and then crinkle em up and you have some nice dust :)

Survivalism,

Dallas22

Ok, I will be trying this method with my vaped buds. Even thought the nice fresh smell & taste of un harmed bud would be best, wouldn't vaporizing grinded weed and then making some Green Dragon out of it get you pretty messed up? I know that most of the THC was already vaped but there HAS to be some leftovers embeded in there :) If I was to give myself a larger dose, for example 4x more of the GD dosage when using vaped weed, would that help get a similar effect as the fresh bud's dosage??? Has anyone tried this yet and how was it... I am curious because I want to use what's left of my very good bud and get the MOST out of it :D Thanks for the future info

Dallas22,

eLiguL

Dallas22 said:
Ok, I will be trying this method with my vaped buds. Even thought the nice fresh smell & taste of un harmed bud would be best, wouldn't vaporizing grinded weed and then making some Green Dragon out of it get you pretty messed up? I know that most of the THC was already vaped but there HAS to be some leftovers embeded in there :) If I was to give myself a larger dose, for example 4x more of the GD dosage when using vaped weed, would that help get a similar effect as the fresh bud's dosage??? Has anyone tried this yet and how was it... I am curious because I want to use what's left of my very good bud and get the MOST out of it :D Thanks for the future info
The quality of your GD will only be as good as the starting materials.

low quality buds = low quality GD

If you smoke 4x schwag does that get you 4x higher?

eLiguL,

Dallas22

eLiguL said:
Dallas22 said:
The quality of your GD will only be as good as the starting materials.

low quality buds = low quality GD

If you smoke 4x schwag does that get you 4x higher?
Good point... so what would you all suggest as the best way of utilizing these herbs???

Dallas22,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
Dallas22 said:
I have tried with fresh buds, but the buds I used were pretty crappy. It worked, but very little. I decided to pour it into another batch I have with a ton of vaped stuff. I have been filling it every other day with new vaped bud. I am thinking that over the course of 2 months I should have enough THC that I can evaporate most of the alcohol after straining it. I should be left with something thick. I hope it works. If I cannot get it to work how I want I will just evaporate the rest of the alcohol and use that hash. Kinda like ISO hash.

buddhaholic420,

Beezleb

4 to 1 ratio is standard advice for using abv instead of weed in many recipes.

Beezleb,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
buddhaholic420 said:
Dallas22 said:
I have tried with fresh buds, but the buds I used were pretty crappy. It worked, but very little. I decided to pour it into another batch I have with a ton of vaped stuff. I have been filling it every other day with new vaped bud. I am thinking that over the course of 2 months I should have enough THC that I can evaporate most of the alcohol after straining it. I should be left with something thick. I hope it works. If I cannot get it to work how I want I will just evaporate the rest of the alcohol and use that hash. Kinda like ISO hash.
If you are using grain alcohol then it will have some sugars left behind after evaporation, when you heat it to smoke or vape it the sugars carmalize, its not very healthy.

Survivalism,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
I just made GD (BD? - Brown Dragon? haha) with 10.5g of ABV and 2 fl oz of 160 proof everclear. My ABV is usually still a tiny bit green. Used Master Wu's directions (other than his call for 3.5g of green buds) and ended up with 1 fl oz of brown liquid. I've done this many times, following his directions very closely, with unvaped green bud and I LOVE the results, but this is the first time with ABV.

I gotta say, the jury's still out but I think it's really not that good with ABV. I have to do a more controlled experiment where I don't use anything else but the ABV GD on one day, but I had some the other night after a day of vaping and it just kinda made me feel burned out, like after smoking. Maybe the ratio of THC:other cannabinoids isn't really my preference, especially when compared to vaping.

So, for those of you that like the burnout feeling to get to sleep, just mellow out, etc. this might be the way to go. More notes as I try the new GD on its own.

:peace:

KeepCalm,

Beezleb

I look forward to it KeepCalm

As a general rule for myself when I think I need more testing, I kinda have my answer. Have you tried the ISO wash with ABV?

Beezleb,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
Beezleb said:
I look forward to it KeepCalm

As a general rule for myself when I think I need more testing, I kinda have my answer. Have you tried the ISO wash with ABV?
Nope, next time I build up a good amount I want to try it. I'm thinking like 30g of AVB and a 10 second wash just as an experiment to try to get a more pure oil. I'd be cool with a low yield.

Hennessy1414 said:
only use the green bubz in GREEN dragon
Agreed, I think.

KeepCalm,

Frickr

ive read a few things on putting greendragon in an asthma nebulizer, which just blows air through a small hole at highpressure and it sucks up a small amount of liquid and blows it out the hole into a wall so it creates a vapor. ive been meaning to try this, but my neb died on me.... vaping without heat, sounds like a winner for me!

Frickr,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
theoretically then, a portable nebulizer could be used with green dragon... it would be much more conspicuous than the ecig, but if ecig doesnt work, thats a great idea, i hadnt thought of that before

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Im hoping the e-cig works, if their are any menthol smokers here im sure they have at one time wanted their buds to be menthol, this is the chance! Coca cola menthol flavored thc vapor haha

Survivalism,
Top Bottom