Great Movies You've Seen Recently That Are NOT New Releases..

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I finally caught the "Lego Movie", I always heard it was surprisingly good.. I was pretty impressed, I expected much less.

I saw "The Babadook" not long ago too.. I remembered seeing the previews when it was new, thinking it looked remarkably stupid, so I expected to never see it.. After recently coming across some reviews on it, I gave it a shot, and I was actually impressed.. Surprisingly well done IMO.. It reminded me of "The Shining" in a lot of ways, although it was very different too.

I recently caught "Total Recall" (1990) for the first time, and I definitely enjoyed it.. I need to check out "Blade Runner" still, never saw that one either and I always forget to check it out...

I also saw "They Live", again! :lol: I've only seen it once way back, and forgot all about it.. It was worth another watch, corny as hell though!

killick

But I like it!
A couple of months back we turned on the tv for no reason and Young Frankenstein was just starting. Then a week or two later Gene Wilder passed away. It's a great rewatch, being released in black and white makes it seem timeless, but with more modern comedy.

Nazz1

The day the Earth Stood Still (original)
Once Upon a Time in The West
Easy Rider
THX 1138
Clockwork Orange
A Boy and His Dog
Wizards
Blazing Saddles
Young Frankenstein

Most anything with Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, Tommy Lee Jones

The new Dr. Strange is way cool...watch it stoned.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I watched the "Day the Earth Stood Still". It was really good I like older flying saucer movies.

I just watched something called "What We Do In The Shadows". It was a New Zealand made move and made in 2014 so not that old. It was a vampire movie about 4 male bachelor vampire friends living together in modern day society. They had a friend teach them about computers, had parties and went out to bars. They werent too mean and it was made like a documentary explaining how they became vampires. The perks of being the undead. It was a comedy. I thought it was pretty good.

Last edited:

little maggie

I loved reading through this thread. It's reminded me to look up some old favorites: Harold and Maude, King of Hearts and Stephen King movies( Green Mile, Shawshank and Stand by Me).
The movies that come to me for this list are movies that I'm not even sure I like. But they are both haunting me and difficult to let go of:
(I went on an Alan Rickman kick after his death)
MV5BMTM1MjMxOTQ4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzI1MzMzMQ@@._V1_.jpg

MV5BNDYwZTU2MzktNWYxMS00NTYzLTgzOWEtMTRiYjc5NGY2Nzg1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom