Great Idea for cheap glass on glass bong vaporizer attachment

Dr. KN

So through my years of being in the chemistry lab I have collected a few pieces of glassware. I have had this Inner member joint with 24/40 glass on glass fitting that had been modified into a drying tube by pinching it on four sides equidistant. Here comes the point. I have been using this as the bowl piece for my KIA vaporizer for a long time. Then I see this advertisement for the vaporcane. I realize that hey, that is essentially just a tube with a glass on glass fitting. So I popped my glass piece that was aforescribed (my fictitious word describing something that was previously written) into my steam rollers glass on glass fitting. The glass piece has a metal screen sitting on the 4 spots that are pinched in, so I put some herb in the tube which fell to the screen on the bottom waiting to be vaped :) I lit a standard BIC lighter and started pulling at the tip of the glass tube. Low and behold vapor! So my friends at F Combustion, here is a website that sells this very glass piece I speak of and one could have it pinched for very cheap by any glass blower, or with a little ingenuity with a screen could even make it work as is. Here is the site:
http://www.aceglass.com/page.php?page=7565

The standard glass on glass fitting size on most bongs is 24/40 ($9.79) Cheapest vaporizer you can buy and it works on most any standard glass on glass fitting. I used it on my roor steamroller, and my tall double perk bong.

Again my glass piece is exactly like this piece except it is pinched in at four equidistant points just about the male ground glass end. ( just above the ground glass on the piece on the left of the picture on the website)

And it works like a CHAMP!!

Dr. KN,
Reactions: 215z

Dr. KN

It was already pinched in when i procured it. But like I said any glass blower could heat it up and pinch 3 or 4 points in to hold a screen. Or with some ingenuity you could shape a screen into a plug that goes in the bottom hole on the male ground end and push it up with a reasonable diameter push rod (i.e pencil) to the point just about the male ground glass.

Cheers
Dr.KN

Dr. KN,
Reactions: 215z
Top Bottom