Graham cracker dilemma

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Like many, I like making firecrackers with graham crackers. I buy the Trader Joe's brand as opposed to the chemically laden original version. The problem is, always, about half the contents are sort of broken. One option is to accept this and to expect that only half the box will be usable. Another option is to seek other alternatives that are recommended. Any thoughts?

jeffp,
Reactions: lwien

Vitolo

Vaporist
Talk to the management, and reinforce that you are a regular customer... could they please investigate,
THEN....
call the company on the box, and explain. Ask if they treat the stock in a way that could damage the goods... OR is it something that happens after they shipped it to XXXXX (store name).

Tell both parties you have spent a great deal of money on the product, and an upper echelon company like them should take care of regular customers.

THEN, leave a comment on the trader joe page on Facebook.
Write them a private message on facebook, and finally write to corporate headquarters.
Your name will get around fast, and they will compensate you for the broken ones, and after blaming each other, they will fix the situation.
Personally I use Kroger Graham Crackers (Fry's).
I use the Honey graham, but all are good. Never a broken one.
I know you want natural......
the solution above will get some sort of action.
Otherwise you may have to change.
I wish you great success.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
dilemma update - RESOLVED.
As I was doing my evening food shopping last night I grabbed another box of Trader Joe's graham crackers with the assumption that there will be at least several broken crackers that I won't use for firecrackers, and I put it out of my mind. Then, my friend showed me a different TJ's graham cracker that I've always overlooked - not in a soft cardboard box but rather in a hard plastic tub... and you can see that there's no breakage. They're also cinnamon flavor and actually - because we calculated the price vs the weight - a better value as well.

So I returned the originally selected box of graham crackers and bought the cinnamon ones.
i'll post about the results as soon as I use them but I don't think there will be anything of substance to impart - it's good to go shopping with a younger friend with better eyesight...

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
RESOLVED is a good thing!

RESOLVED with the assistance of helpful younger eyes eager for more firecrackers is mutually ideal.
PS - purchasing a $12 oven thermometer is mandatory if you're not OK with actual oven temp being ten degrees higher than selected... especially with the decarb aspect of the hobby.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I have been doing the same since you taught me about Steel cut Oats.

fantastic idea - i use fresh bud (shake) for firecrackers and ABV for brownies. Yes, Lwien, great to say hi to you again. I happen to like steel cut oats as well. Are you at liberty to reveal the method?

lwien

fantastic idea - i use fresh bud (shake) for firecrackers and ABV for brownies. Yes, Lwien, great to say hi to you again. I happen to like steel cut oats as well. Are you at liberty to reveal the method?

Here ya go: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/steel-cut-oatmeal-abv.16062/#post-686228

Edit: On those walnuts, I get a bag of TJ's Baking Pieces Walnuts and the blueberries and blackberries are TJ's fresh, not frozen.

Enjoy.........works great, tastes great, AND it's super healthy to boot.

Last edited:
lwien,
Reactions: jeffp
Top Bottom