Got too high maybe

Vaporware

Sharp stone and 2 shredders. Grinding don’t bother me it’s the picking buds off stems that does.

Then don’t do it! Some vaporizers work well with whole buds, but I think just about any of them are fine with some ground up stem.

I used to pick out as much stem as I could too, but it’s not really necessary, and you’re damaging the buds more than you need to with excessive handling. Now I only bother with really large stems or stems that are already sticking out.

Vaporware,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Agreed @VaporWare . Smaller stems grind up just fine.
I just stuff the whole bud (break it off major stem only) in the grinder teeth and let it rip...
@Mookie0608 I personally haven’t seen a seed in my bud for years, but that could just be my supplier. But if you see a few seeds here and there, you can just grind away without more than a cursory glance and then guve a quick look at the ground herb to see if a whole seed popped through.
Also, If you see a few short, short stems, after you grind, no worries. It won’t hurt the vaping experience in any way. (Obviously if it is mostly short stems it will be an issue.)
I’m not 100% sure I am making sense. If I am not, I apologize. If I helped lessen your load when prepping to vape then... woo..hoo.. use that extra time for a few more hits!

Jill NYC,

Mookie0608

Yeah I understood you. I think I only got seeds in one batch. They just mentioned it could be the sound.

One thing I don’t get though is how some times I just don’t get highunless im inhaling wrong some times. Earlier today took a 15 second draw of purple urkel got a nice high. Just took another 15 second draw a little after 2 hours later and nothing. I feel a little sleepy but that’s about it but this is what I felt even the first time earlier when I had the head buzz and body buzz going. Then other times it seems like the buzz is a lot stronger and the high gets to intense. Others like now I take the same amount but just don’t seem to get the buzz back.

Only thing I’m noticing is witch I though was just the high heat. I found 420 seems to be the magic number and only way I can feel anything. When I get high I feel it go deep in my chest and it hurts for a few minuets land feels like my mouth fills up with flavor. Other times I inhale but don’t get the burning feeling in my chest especially breathing. Unless vape at them tempatures even with a little green left or half green the buds already used up. The first draws are always the most tasteful and seem to offer more relief.

Mookie0608,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Honestly, I only pick out the thick main stems these days. I otherwise put whole buds in the grinder (after having carelessly snapped it into a few pieces with my fingers of course).

I don't find that the small stem bits effect the taste or experience in any negative way, like they would while smoking. In fact, I save all my stems for other use.

Ramahs,

EverythingsHazy

I know people have something against them, but electric coffee grinders work really well, to get the bud down to a consistently very fine grind, which is great for vaporizing.

When people smoke, they are burning away each layer of every piece of bud, exposing the inner cannabinoids to the heat. When we vaporize, the little pieces of bud don't get burned away, so using a fine grind, works well to compensate, by increasing the surface area of your material.

As long as the chemicals make it into your vaporizer, it doesn't matter if the trichomes are loose or broken open.

That said, I'm pretty sure that exposing the inside of the buds also causes the terpenes to evaporate more quickly, so I wouldn't recommend storing ground bud for more than a few days, in a closed container.

Also, if you vaporize multiple times in a day, you very well might need to use a bit more each time, to get the same effect. It's like a short term tolerance increase.

EverythingsHazy,

Mookie0608

So it’s not good grounding up my 3-7 day supply? In a sealed mason jar? It’s the only thing I could come up with so far that’s easy, and causes the least amount of smell. Other people in my house hate the smell and claim it smells like a drug house.

Mookie0608,

Vaporware

A lot of people grind up enough for several days at a time or more, and if they continue to do it they clearly don’t mind (or maybe don’t notice) any negative effects it has on the flower.

It will still work in general, but anything more volatile like terpines will be lost more quickly the longer the flower is exposed to air, and sitting around already ground exposes it all to more air.

Even in an airtight container, unless it’s a vacuum inside, there will be plenty of air to leech out terpines, etc.

I’m not a grower or other storage expert, but here’s what I think is the best way to store flower:

1. If you have more than you’d use in a few weeks, put extra flower in an air-tight jar, CVault or other suitable storage container. If you want to maintain a decent humidity level in it, you can add a 62% Boveda pack to it.

Open this one when you need to, but try to leave it closed for weeks rather than days at a time.

2. Have a smaller container (could be the same kind you store most of your flower in, but probably smaller) dedicated to storing what you need for a few weeks.

Open this one when you need to grind more.

3. Use an even smaller container (maybe something pocketable if you need it?) for ground material, but try to grind daily or at least every few days to keep from losing too much of what’s in it before you get to use it.

Open this whenever you need it.

For this last small container you can also use an on-demand grinder like the Chewy 2* which you can store a bit in and grind it as needed over a few days, but they’re not as airtight as a good storage container so people might smell it more if you go that route.

* You can store it ground or unground in any grinder you want to store it in, but again pre-ground material degrades faster, and with most grinders when you actually go to grind it you grind everything that’s in it at once, not just what you want for the moment.

If the Chewy 2 interests you though (and this was not meant as an ad for them), you should know it gives a kinda’ medium grind - definitely not fine, so depending on what you and your vaporizer(s) prefer, it may or may not work for you.

Vaporware,

Mookie0608

I don’t notice a difference between the 2. I grounded up just enough for one time that stays in the containers and it tastes as good as what I grind up in bulk. I don’t notice any difference with one being dryer or more potent. I still get messed up fast with weed I grounded last week and it smells and tastes just as good as the new stuff I got today. I made the switch from the plastic containers the dispensary puts them in or resealable bags to mason jars. If it’s not going to kill me or be a big difference in quality it don’t bother me. I’ll gladly take a less potent high if that’s what is lost. I experimented with both grinding as I need and comparing to grading up an 8th, and wether ore ground or fresh grind the potency has been the same as well flavor. One just offers more in the go convienece especially late at night if I wake up in pain I rather have a bit ready to load up compared to having to pick apart and grind making a mess.

Mookie0608,

Vaporware

Yeah, I think it’s good to have some ground and ready to go, I just think the system I described is one of the *best* ways to go if you have more than a few grams, not the only way.

If you want to buy 1/8th at a time and grind it all up immediately, you’re only risking a bit faster degradation of the material, so if that’s alright with you then go for it.

Vaporware,

Mookie0608

Are you familiar with combustion? I think my vaporizer is actually burning weed. Smoke pours out of the vented lid and mouthpiece it starts getting real hot and sizzling. The bud is also black what’s not black is dark dark brown and comes out smoking and smelling burnt.

Mookie0608,

Mookie0608

Yeah, I think it’s good to have some ground and ready to go, I just think the system I described is one of the *best* ways to go if you have more than a few grams, not the only way.

If you want to buy 1/8th at a time and grind it all up immediately, you’re only risking a bit faster degradation of the material, so if that’s alright with you then go for it.

Also forgot to mention the dispensaries weed is always fresh today’s buys were all harvested then lckaged yesterday. I rarely get any weed that’s more then a 2 weeks old if any are close I want to say a week on average max. Some of their strains are actually sold out before there even done curing. They fill up on ore sales on one strain, and 2 others are sold within 2-3 days from date they go up for sale.

Mookie0608,

Vaporware

Are you familiar with combustion? I think my vaporizer is actually burning weed. Smoke pours out of the vented lid and mouthpiece it starts getting real hot and sizzling. The bud is also black what’s not black is dark dark brown and comes out smoking and smelling burnt.

That sounds like combustion... :(

The first thing I would do is thoroughly clean it, and the second is double check that you’re setting everything correctly. I’m not too familiar with the Pax 3, but I haven’t heard that it was particularly prone to combusting. The max temp it’s supposed to reach is 420, and we should be okay up to 430...

It might be good to talk to someone from Pax or ask about it in the Pax 3 thread.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pax-3-by-pax-labs.22753/

If you use it again first, try to lower the temp and make sure the chamber is packed as directed. Hopefully that will help, but it sounds like it might be malfunctioning so I’d talk to Pax before trying it again.

Vaporware,

Mookie0608

Everything is fine the way it’s supposed to be. Just makes this noise st higher temps. I won’t vape below 400 we’ll prefer not to seems like chronic pain gets better relief from higher temps

Mookie0608,

Vaporware

Everything is fine the way it’s supposed to be. Just makes this noise st higher temps. I won’t vape below 400 we’ll prefer not to seems like chronic pain gets better relief from higher temps

If everything was fine there wouldn’t be combustion! There’s at least one variable that needs adjusting, and it could be as simple as not keeping the heat on it as long.

You should be fine to use the 400-420 range, but once it’s very dry and mostly used up, if you keep pushing it it can combust, which could also be what happened.

If that’s the case, try dumping it a little earlier. If you want to extract every last bit from it you can try another method (edibles, etc.) with the remnants, but you should have most of what you want out of it before there’s risk of combustion at 420.

A fine grind that may have dried out more while sitting around could also combust more easily.

If it’s not a product malfunction then it’s just something you’ll have to dial in yourself. You know exactly what you want to do as far as grinding, storage and temps, and only you are going to change your mind about any of it or be able to adjust temps/humidity/session length/etc. to get the best results.

If you’re going to try it again soon, of course clean it thoroughly, but next time open it up and check periodically during use so you can see when it’s getting dark and nearing potential combustion.

Vaporware,

EverythingsHazy

So it’s not good grounding up my 3-7 day supply? In a sealed mason jar? It’s the only thing I could come up with so far that’s easy, and causes the least amount of smell. Other people in my house hate the smell and claim it smells like a drug house.
Grinding a week’s supply isn’t going to ruin it. It might lose a little bit of certain chemicals, but it will still be fine. I wouldn’t grind more than a weeks worth, though. It just seems to stay stickier and fresher when it’s been recently ground. Also, keep it in small, airtight container.

Mookie0608

Well let me rephrase that it’s not vaped weed. The weed is freshly grounded and some strains do it more then others. Especially the high cbd strains. I just put AC/DC in earlier turned it in the pax vibrates that it was heated up and within 8 seconds it was all brown and I could not even inhale it was harsh and nasty burn taste.

Mookie0608,

Vaporware

That sounds like a defective or broken device to me. I’d talk to Pax and/or whoever you bought it from.

Vaporware,

Mookie0608

I got it from gorilla vapes. They won’t help me. Our policy we make you crystal clear aware of after you pay is we don’t offer refunds. I was worried about it being fake at first but pax confirmed it was legit. I also spoke with them last night and is set up a ticket. Only issue is the one person I spoke with got a little offended when I used the term medical marijuana and did not want to help me at first. Waiting to hear back from them.

Mookie0608,

Vaporware

Yeah, most large companies making vaporizers stay far away from discussions of MMJ and say their devices are for tobacco or “aromatherapy” or whatever else works for them. They don’t want to be seen as endorsing your use of their products for something that’s not clearly legal on every level either. They should still help you, just be vague about what you’re putting in it. ;)

Vaporware,

EverythingsHazy

Well let me rephrase that it’s not vaped weed. The weed is freshly grounded and some strains do it more then others. Especially the high cbd strains. I just put AC/DC in earlier turned it in the pax vibrates that it was heated up and within 8 seconds it was all brown and I could not even inhale it was harsh and nasty burn taste.
That definitely sounds like overheating. Properly vaporized weed shouldn't taste burnt and nasty. IF you vape it until it is dark brown, it gets an overcooked popcorn flavor, but you can tell the difference between that, and smoke.

Mookie0608

Yeah it’s def the burnt popcorn flavor and smell. When I go down to like 360-380 it last a lot longer but I don’t get pain relief or I’ll just get incredibly high and still be in pain.

Mookie0608,

uncanni

Hey, I’m new to medical marijuana and, and done some experimenting with different strains. One day I decided to roll a joint of cbd shark shock, and I got so high it was not really pleasant until the strong waves went away. Since then I started liking using the vaporizer (pax 3) now that I’m getting the hang of it and like it a lot more. Hate smoking. I over did it that one day and now we’ll i over did it again last night on taffie all thc Indica. Only like 10.30%. I was not getting as much as the buzz feeling as I did when I first started it. I find 2 10 second pulls/draws got me a nice head buzz. Last night I took 3 10 second pulls and yeah I timed it. About 30 minutes later it hit me like a freight train. At first it seemed like I would be fine u til the vacuum turned on and the light started tripping me out. I tried watching tv and it got me so sick like I wanted to throw up. If I stared at the tv for more then like 20 seconds it would start bouncing all over the place.

I have a few questions here. Is that nice mind and body buzz technically mean “your high”? With lightly red eyes? Or is high the 2 times I over did it where it seemed like the effects even medically were just a touch better. Last night my I looked like a demon my eyes were dark red like something out of a movie.

I’m trying to figure out what exactly is being high and if you can get to a certain point your beyond a normal high if it makes sense. I was even hallucinating a little mostly audio, and I kind of also felt disconnected like I’m in my own world so to say and my body is detached from my mind. I really don’t like that feeling. This is my 2nd time I think I may have over did it, and hate the first 2 hours then the remaining hour is very nice and pleasant.

So is there different stages of being high? And what I’m comfortable with and like isoprene if a buzz and not an actual high? Or is that a high that I do enjoy and the 2 times it got out of control I was really just out of it. Was at the point where I New the pain was there but the strain was not always the best for pain relieving but the whole experience was more of a mind wondering hazy kind of high with no medical benefits other then I didn’t eat dinner felt like throwing up after 1 nite and was simply not even hungry. I tried even drinking a glass of orange juice and that did not make the high or what ever that was go away. Dude at dispensary said if you lose control or get too uncomfortable a glass of orange juice or sniffing or eating black pepper is an instant cure for a too intense high.

I was starting to think maybe I’m ready for the next step up not to sound like a baby but figured I would start slow 10% thc then 13 then 15 then 17-18 then 20+ etc so I don’t get myself into trouble. The strains I tried so far were mostly cbd strains and I usually smoke a cbd and do get that head buzz during the day then night I switch to indicas. 2 10 second draws seemed to help, but 3 is definatly way too much, unless that feeling was the true high and where I’m supposed to be. My concern now is is that feeling was a true high when I move on to the next strain blueberry kush or pineappleshock/purple urkel one of them 3 will the high be more intense? I’m not sure if the higher the thc percentage now it means the more the intense the high will be and it’s better to work your way up to it to get the same effect you once did on the lower thc or if the higher the thc it really don’t matter it’s just a lot stronger of a mind altering high with stronger medical effects.

I’m not looking to get super messed up I rather vape as little as I can to get the effects and as little of what I dealt with last night as possible. Night time the pain gets so bad I just want to sleep, and can’t. So far taffie is the only Indica strain I think cbd shark shock was too but when I’m in that nice head and body buzz comfort zone I just get relaxed more then anything not tired or any kind of sedation feeling.

Edibles are not an option and honestly I really don’t think I can handle them. That strong head buzz I get would be perfect though if it was not in my head and it was all in my legs.

Some may ask so I’ll mention it now that I don’t vape the pure thc strains right after a high cbd strain. I usually stop around 3-4 pm then about 5-6 I’ll switch to Indicas pure thc. Last night though I did have some taffie 2 draws around 4:30 pm and that was the first time vaping anything all day 2 vapes then at 7 is when I tried the 3 10 second pulls and over did it. Or I really just don’t like the whole “being actually high” thing. I’m out of taffie now all I have is the 3 listed above but 2 of them are 13.96% purple urkel, and pineapple shock thc . the blue berry is just about 15.92% I would like to sleep and have better pain relief but not a more intense version of what happened last night and about a month ago.

Hi Mookie, My own experiences have shown me that I've learned what to do/what not to do when I'm really high; in other words, I think there is a learning curve for some of us (won't speak for all of us) when we talk about getting really high.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Keep the fuckin tv off. It is nauseating.
2. Get into a safe place.
3. Only get high with people you like/love, trust, respect. Or by yourself for introspection/letting the mind fly free.
4. Get grounded: hug your appropriate human, dog, cat, or teddy bear. Sit in your favorite chair or lay on the bed.
5. Slow your breathing down. A mantra is good.
6. Surrender to cannabis: relax into it, she is both a powerful and gentle goddess when you stay in the right circumstances.

uncanni,

Mookie0608

Yeah I learned a few of them already. When I over do it the tv is horrible.
To be honest though I can’t sleep it off or sleep period even when I have a nice high on indicas. My eyes will nit stay shut even if they are heavy. My eyes twitch without weed when I close them if you know what I’m trying to say. After weed the twitching is so bad I close my eyes and my eyelids just go up and down so fast like a curtain open close open close

Mookie0608,
Top Bottom