• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Gordo Scientific

placetime

Another glassblower has joined FC! A couple of pieces by Gordo Scientific were posted here recently, so he has become a member. You can find some pics and vids of his work on his IG page:

http://instagr.in/u/gordoscientific

Cool stuff! His mini-rigs are what grabbed my eye.
nawVH8C.png

Unfortunately, I believe he doesn't make the non-heady ones any more, but the heady ones look great too, imho (and I think you can get one with a female joint instead of a male...)

I haven't bought anything from him (yet), but I've messaged with him some, and he seems like a really nice guy.

Welcome @gordo.scientific !

gordo.scientific

Glass Blower
J5up7Nt.jpg

Here's a pic of some beakers me and Fogz made together (hopefully it uploads fine) Fogz does most of our color work and I usually assemble the pieces and do most of the lathe work! thanks for looking and thanks to @placetime for the warm welcome to FC!!

I'll upload some more pics when I have some time later!

PS Not for sale just appreciation!

uDVtplT.jpg

Heres another piece me and fogz did recently with our good friend Frit Glass. Frit does really nice dot stacks....fogz did the ram horns, and I assembled it using one of my RipTide percs!

thanks again for looking

Last edited by a moderator:

Caligula

Maximus
J5up7Nt.jpg

Here's a pic of some beakers me and Fogz made together (hopefully it uploads fine) Fogz does most of our color work and I usually assemble the pieces and do most of the lathe work! thanks for looking and thanks to @placetime for the warm welcome to FC!!

I'll upload some more pics when I have some time later!

PS Not for sale just appreciation!

WELCOME G.S!

Im so glad you made it. Ive been trying to get some of your wares through Chitownboro for a while but it always seems to go too quickly (or Im too slow). In any case, if you cant tell Im a big fan of your work, especially the recyclers!

Im sure this thread will grow quickly.

Right @Silver420Surfer ?

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
@gordo.scientific I love the way your RT percs whip the water into a vortex. My main concern, though, is that I mainly vape flowers. Because of that I havent looked into those pieces much because I've never seen one with enough volume or a female 18.8mm joint (also because it looks like the piece would tip over with a vape attached to it)

Anyway, is this something that can be done or is it the way it is in order to maintain the "RipTide" effect?

gordo.scientific

Glass Blower
@Caligula The riptide is a tricky perc.... back in the day when most people just wanted huge flower pieces the riptide would have been useless. Now with the oncoming oil movement it allowed glassblowers to make different style of percs that would have other wise been useless. The RipTide does not work with flowers mainly because a packed bowl will not allow enough air flow to get the vortex going. Another issue is the minimal amount of water, which again, is great for dabbin but not so much with flowes. Another issue you pointed out was that it may tip over with a vape attached to it, which is very true. simply the riptide was not designed for that use. Thats not to say that someone couldnt or wouldnt use it for that reason but i designed it specifically for dabs! Thanks for the question, hope that helps!

I designed the evo recycer with the help of doublea80, I didnt think it would have enough air flow to actually recycle, but I was wrong and it worked great! I really like designing new things and learning how they will function for everyone! thats what keep me going!

iVmb2Wm.jpg

Some Worked Riptides! me and Fogz are stocking up for the spring shows: Cannabis Cup, and AGE both in Denver and GlassRoots in Austin TX. any of you guys gonna be going to any of these shows?

w747w2w.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Caligula

Maximus
@Caligula The riptide is a tricky perc.... back in the day when most people just wanted huge flower pieces the riptide would have been useless. Now with the oncoming oil movement it allowed glassblowers to make different style of percs that would have other wise been useless. The RipTide does not work with flowers mainly because a packed bowl will not allow enough air flow to get the vortex going. Another issue is the minimal amount of water, which again, is great for dabbin but not so much with flowes. Another issue you pointed out was that it may tip over with a vape attached to it, which is very true. simply the riptide was not designed for that use. Thats not to say that someone couldnt or wouldnt use it for that reason but i designed it specifically for dabs! Thanks for the question, hope that helps!

I designed the evo recycer with the help of doublea80, I didnt think it would have enough air flow to actually recycle, but I was wrong and it worked great! I really like designing new things and learning how they will function for everyone! thats what keep me going!

I like the HT but given the size of my vape, it isnt for me. What I prefer to do is invery my vape and attach it to a more traditional style piece like this:

Do you happen to have anything up you sleeve that may fit the bill there?

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Welcome Gordo!!

Big fan and lucky owner of a Rip Tide and a Clear Recycler(courtesy of doubleaa80). The recycler is just simply amazing all around, looks/performance/price. I would put it on par with pieces that cost quite a bit more(Don't raise prices now lol). Super sick vortex action and extra smooth rips pair nicely in this piece.
But the Rip Tide lately has just been crushing me, the violent turbulence that takes place inside that little perc, with such little water, is truly amazing. Rip Tide and fat dabs, match made in heaven.

I dig both my Gordo Scientific pieces tremendously, glad we finally have the privilege of him being here on FC.

placetime

Saaaweet! Watch thread, check! Good looking out @placetime for bringing @gordo.scientific beautiful functional art to an awesome new thread!
I can't take credit for getting him here. I just happened to notice that he joined, message with him a bit, and started up the thread for him. :)

@gordo.scientific I really really like your pocket rigs like the one posted above and also these from your IG:

3e1547a841b411e3814022000aa80033_6.jpg

Love the mini honeycomb! :tup: But, I need an 18mm female joint instead of male, and I don't need/want a matching bowl/dome/whatever (thinking of putting an Arizer Solo on top). I know you're currently not doing custom/one-off pocket rigs right now (just selling through hellawicked, i think?) but, do you have any plans to make anything like that? :cool:

Last edited:

gordo.scientific

Glass Blower
Welcome to FC!

Now I have to ask.... Will you be producing your evo hydrotube recyclers regularly? It is on my must get list

No they will not be produced regularly from me, I dont want to intrude on any of the Hydrotube's products or what not. But I think that Swagger will be making them regularly. I only made 2, and dont have any plans on making more but I might try an incycler or two assuming the evo dudes wouldn't mind!

Mini-pocket rig is a must have for the Denver HT CC, for me.
@gordo.scientific -- Are you gonna have a booth at the Denver cup?

Yes I will be at the cup, we have a booth outside in the smoking area, you will be able to try all my pieces at the booth! come see me @Silver420Surfer

yuA6P12.jpg

Here's a new serendipity recycler I made on Friday! Thanks for looking!

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
@gordo.scientific -- Glad you'll be out there man, I assume I'll get to meet Fogz too?!
I'm gonna meet up with doubleaa80 out there also, dabs are on us!! I'll be arriving there on the 17th, if you need a hand setting up your booth or whatever, feel free to send me a PM.:cheers:

You lucky S.O.B you! :p:lol:
That would be an amazing experience.
Have fun, man! Don't forgot to take lots of photos to share with your FC family :tup:

Ripstar

Well, we might have to make it out to Denver for the CC.

And wow, this recycler is fricking amazing! Must have......
I love my GS recycler so damn much!

Top Bottom