Good way to evap ISO fast, quick, easy AND SAFE!

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
So before last night I had never made any marijuana product myself. No edibles, no growing, no hash or oil...I didn't even scrape my old pipes! Before a few weeks ago I'd never even seen a weed plant ready to be harvested in real life! I finally got to the point where my grinder was so gunked up with the good stuff that I needed to clean it in order to use it. Well...naturally I do not want to waste a bit of this stuff. So I searched for the easiest way to use it. A simple ISO evape seemed to be the best. Off to the store I go and soon enough I'm evaping my lime green juice! Like a kid waiting for their birthday party...I can't stop staring at it and checking on it. I finally decided to speed up the process, but I knew I had to use heat in the form of electrical energy because of the nature of the ISO. So, I put my EQ to 200* and put my little saucer on that. It worked...but wasn't going to fast. Then I realized my desk lamp gets hot enough to burn me. On it went...right on the bulb leanning on the lamb. Its a flood type light that points from floor to celing to give me some ambient light. I could almost see my ISO evap. Little bubbles quickly starting coming to the surface. Soon enough I had a nice little ball of ISO hash! Rolled it in my kief collector in my grinder to give it a nice furry coat and off we went! Very fun!

finchrock24,

Chiefer

Medicine Man
The way i do it is i use 91%-99% the higher percentage the quicker the evap. And then i invidually put the pieces of my grinder in a jar i dont put all 4 pieces in at the same time. Once i put a piece of my grinder in there i take it out and put another i never have more than 1 piece in there at a time. Because then i use alot less iso making it quicker to evap. Then i get a big pyrex dish and pour it in there takes roughly around 1-2 hours maybe 3 if i use to much iso. I think you could use a heating pad under ur dish to speed up the process i dont have one so never tried.

Chiefer,

toxicc

E11001420
An even safer way is to use no heat and have a portable fan blow on it. It is still dangerous with large amount of solvents because of electrical sparks that the motor can produce.

toxicc,

2clicker

Observer
how long do you soak the grinders parts in the iso?

how long does it take to make it look shiny and new again?

2clicker,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
I did all parts of my grinder in four separate containers. I let the grinder parts soak for about an hour...or until they visually looked clean (as new). Then I poured all four containers into one container. I placed that small container on my flood light and in about an hour I was scraping! I have a hot plate somewhere around my house. Its electric and plugs in and is used for working with chocolate. You could easily put a glass baking dish on it, which would be perfect, because the more shollow the pan, the faster the evap. I just have to find my hot plate...but its hard to ask my mom for it because when she asks what I'm using it for I obviously can't say I'm using it to cook up my hash! lol...

If I can find the hot plate/another device to warm it up then I'm going to try and make a big batch tomrrow after I get out of class. I have some really shitty trim that I can't do anything with...we'll I know what I'm doing with it now! Also going to try a sample batch with some ABV.

finchrock24,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
you can also save your solvent, evap'ing just enough to fit it into a smaller vial, then evaporate it when you believe there is enough in there to smoke.

i find if i'm evaporating more than a 1/4 cup i need to blow a fan accross the bowl, or else too much water condenses and it makes it kind of milky mess. gentle breathing accross it can also mitigate the condensing of water out of the air, but takes too long, so i use a fan - speeds thnings up.

i use a small bowl on a coffee cup heater, but i have also put it over a gas stove top, but only if the fan is blowing directly at it (or else you create a tiki torch)

if you plan to wash trim be sure to dry it completely and maybe even freeze it, just to keep the solvent from picking up too much water soluables (green). I find acetone is better for that.

VWFringe,

Chiefer

Medicine Man
toxicc said:
An even safer way is to use no heat and have a portable fan blow on it. It is still dangerous with large amount of solvents because of electrical sparks that the motor can produce.

Yea i forgot to say i use a fan too it helps speed it up a bit.

Chiefer,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
VWFringe said:
if you plan to wash trim be sure to dry it completely and maybe even freeze it, just to keep the solvent from picking up too much water soluables (green). I find acetone is better for that.

I'm a major noob to this shit...so I'm not sure why I'd freeze it. The trim I have is already crunchy dry...I bought it from a dispensary with the intent of it being good enough for morning bowls but it isn't even worthy of that. Should I still freeze it?

finchrock24,
Top Bottom