Good Videos to watch when you're Vaked!!

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
jeffp has some Captain Beefheart in his sig - I just had to listen, its so weird...

Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Well

light floats down day river on a red raft of blood
night blocks out the heavens like a big black shiny bug
its hard soft shell shining white in one spot well
it's a hard place that i'm living but i'm doing well well
the white ice horse melted like a spot of silver well
its mane went last then disappeared the tail
my life ran through my veins
whistling hollow well
i froze in solid motion well well
i heard the ocean swarming body well well
i heard the beetle clicking well
i sensed the thickest silence scream
then i begin to dream
my mind cracked like custard
ran red until it sealed
turn to wooden and rolled like a wheel well well
thick black felt birds a-flying
with capes of solid chrome
with feathers of solid chrome
and beaks of solid bone
and bleach the air around them
white and cold well well
till it's shown in pain
the hollow cane clicked like ever after
its shadow vanished shining silence
well well

and this was written about Captain Beefheart, by Steve Huey:
Trout Mask Replica is Captain Beefheart's masterpiece, a fascinating, stunningly imaginative work that still sounds like little else in the rock & roll canon. Given total creative control by producer and friend Frank Zappa, Beefheart and his Magic Band rehearsed the material for this 28-song double album for over a year, wedding minimalistic R&B, blues, and garage rock to free jazz and avant-garde experimentalism. Atonal, sometimes singsong melodies; jagged, intricately constructed dual-guitar parts; stuttering, complicated rhythmic interaction -- all of these elements float out seemingly at random, often without completely interlocking, while Beefheart groans his surrealist poetry in a throaty Howlin' Wolf growl. The disjointedness is perhaps partly unintentional -- reportedly, Beefheart's refusal to wear headphones while recording his vocals caused him to sing in time with studio reverberations, not the actual backing tracks -- but by all accounts, the music and arrangements were carefully scripted by the Captain (aided by John "Drumbo" French), which makes the results even more remarkable. As one might expect from music so complex and, to many ears, inaccessible, the influence of Trout Mask Replica was felt more in spirit than in direct copycatting, as a catalyst rather than a literal musical starting point. However, its inspiring reimagining of what was possible in a rock context laid the groundwork for countless future experiments in rock surrealism, especially during the punk/new wave era.

by Steve Huey

If you listen to this video, try one of their other songs so you can get a sense of what they mean by disjointed music pieces being performed simultaneously - so weird...hahaha

VWFringe,

Qbit

cannabanana
If you like documentaries, go here:

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/

Over 1600 docs in all kinds of categories - some great, some not so great (including a few dozen on drugs). They're not actually hosted there, just embedded. But you can check the description and the comments below each entry to see whether it's your kind of doc and worth watching.

Qbit,

crawdad

floatin
Qbit, been using that site for a while...its a good one. recently watch the pollan (from botany of desire) talk where he speaks on the concept of forgetting and how cannabis can heighten that natural process in our brains.

i watched hangover last night for the first time, very funny and i got properly lit before it started. that mike tyson punch caught me so off guard i jumped thinking i got hit, haha

Qbit

cannabanana
VWFringe said:
Jack Black smoking a bong?

Jack Black smokes bong

looks like him when he was younger

no, can't be, can it?

It does look like Jack Black, but when he was that age they sure didn't have digital video. And that chick's voice in the background is an Australian accent too. And unfortunately, using a plastic drink bottle as a bong is a common practice here. (But then maybe JB was on a holiday.) Hehe.

Qbit,

crawdad

floatin
i watched The Wicker Man (1973) last night while more or less fried...that was quite the experience. i do not suggest it for most. just saying.

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
ledzepploid said:

OMG - yeah, watch this, then read what's written on the page, then watch from 1:06 again, wow, incredible

I mean, it's enough to have kept me watching the whole thing, but after i found out just how much the guy loves the light and this place, just during the two weeks once a year before the midnight sun, and how much he suffered to let us see it also. fu#&

VWFringe,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
No Knock Raid

I had to stop this video several times to Google each incident he shows...makes for 20 minutes of good reading about the new police state that we've authorized in response to 9/11...?

seems to be uploaded by a libertarian group...?

"No Knock Raid," written and performed by Toronto-based musician Lindy, is a searing indictment of one of the most aggressive, ubiquitous, and mistaken tactics in the War on Drugs.

Consider only the most recent raid to cause a national outrage: On May 5, 2011, 26-year-old Jose Guerena, who survived two tours in the Iraq War, was shot and killed during a raid on his house by a Pima County, Arizona SWAT team that fired dozens of bullets through his front door. Guerena, married and a father of two, had just finished a 12-hour shift at a local mine. Law enforcement sources claim he was involved in narco-trafficking but have yet to produce any evidence supporting that claim. Officers involved in the death have been cleared of wrongdoing.

Guerena's death is not an isolated incident. As USA Today reports, an astonishing 70,000 to 80,000 militarized police raids take place on a annual basis in America, many of them on mistaken suspects and many of them ending with injury or death for police and citizens alike.

As Reason Contributing Editor Radley Balko and others have documented, the militarization of standard police practice is a direct consequence of the modern-day War on Drugs, started 40 years ago by President Richard Nixon - and perpetuated by every administration since. (For a comprehensive report on the failure of the drug war to achieve any of its stated goals, read "Ending the Drug War: A Dream Deferred," by Law Enforcement Against Prohibition.)

70,000 to 80,000 SWAT raids carried out each year in the United States..wtf? do we live in fricken Afghanistan?

VWFringe,

crawdad

floatin
o3zUz.jpg

watched it last night while soaring, very interesting.

crawdad,

crawdad

floatin
last night i watched Sunshine (2007) after getting properly vapafied. it had some deep moments in it i thought, could of been more psychological than it was but was still quite enjoyable if you are into sci-fi drama with an explosion or two.

E0qgv.jpg

crawdad

floatin
when i was a teenager i watch a film called "Altered States", i remember it from time to time but only saw it once, remember it being a profound experience watching it. so, many years later now that im a vaporist i found it and watched it again after getting baked pretty good. its another one of those "not for everyone" but the ideas and concepts in the film are more than a little plausible to someone like me, aside from turning into a monkey-like being of course, well...sort of. :brow:

1IJi6.jpg

Top Bottom