Good recipes with small amount of ABV?

Nosferatu

A lot of PD users like myself might have trouble getting enough ABV to make most of these recipes. Most require a half ounce or more to work, so I'm wondering if there are any easy ABV recipes you can do with only like an 8th or quarter ounce? I know about firecrackers but making those with vaped bud would be really gross im guessing and not worth it. It needs to be a recipe where the ABV is strained. Please share if you know of any nice efficient recipes like this! THANKS ;)

Nosferatu,

Vapenstien's Monster

Most of the recipes will work with a small amount of ABV, just scale back the ingredients to fit the amount of abv you have.

Vapenstien's Monster,

wthanna

A simple mixed drink is a quick and easy way. Shake well - some finely ground abv in a jar with a shot or two of Everclear (high proof alcohol from the liquor store) for a few minutes. Strain. Make some punch or add to some soda. Enjoy.

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
wthanna said:
A simple mixed drink is a quick and easy way. Shake well - some finely ground abv in a jar with a shot or two of Everclear (high proof alcohol from the liquor store) for a few minutes. Strain. Make some punch or add to some soda. Enjoy.

^^yeah this^^

herbgirl,

fixitman

wthanna said:

I tried this last night for the first time ;). I used everclear and orange juice. I was going for the sedative effect. The couch lock was like I've seldom experienced but I was still buzzing like mad. I did sleep but in spite of my abv cocktail.

I think I'll try adding some hops or chamomile or both next time. Can I get the stuff I want out of the hops/chamomile using the grain alcohol? or do I steep in hot water?

I'm not sure I understand but isn't there talk else where on this thread about rinsing the abv first in water. As I said I'm not sure I understood but it seems like the theory is the water will remove at least some of the undesirable flavors from the abv without removing any of the goodies.
:peace:

fixitman,

gim

fixitman said:
I'm not sure I understand but isn't there talk else where on this thread about rinsing the abv first in water. As I said I'm not sure I understood but it seems like the theory is the water will remove at least some of the undesirable flavors from the abv without removing any of the goodies.
:peace:

What you're speaking about is water curing, and will take several days. You will want to soak the ABV in deionized water(pure) with as little stirring as possible. Keep the jar in a dark room undisturbed and leave it open so the water can evaporate. Once a day change the water.

Initially you will notice the water is gross looking and smells terrible. As the days pass(to about 7, or when you feel it is 'enough') you can remove the water and dry or cook directly with the herb.

The pureness of the water is what draws out impurities. THC is not water soluble so it should remain in the ABV along with whatever else won't leach into the water.

I have only successfully done this with terrible non vaped product. I have not tested this on ABV but it should be the same.

gim,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
FIRECRACKERS!!!

Let me see if I can find you a decent recipe to make firecrakers with. These take very little ABV to knock you on your asssssssssss.

AGBeer,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
you can watercure it, but i used a pretty large amount of ABV when i did mine. it does make it taste less terrible.

hops and chamomile can both be done either as a tea or a tincture (soaked in everclear) hops are very bitter, so if you want to go the tea route, i recommend chamomile. it is very gentle and tastes nice too with a bit of honey or sugar added. good for digestion as well.

i will venture to say that almost all herbs will deliver more active constituents when tinctured as opposed to tea-ed. alcohol is just a better solvent for some things.
i am currently working on a chamomile tincture that will be evaporated down and then mixed with honey to create an elixir. hopefully this will help my 2 year old calm down when he has his cranky pants on, but i do plan to try some on myself, mixed with abv tincture. i have a feeling it will have a synergistic effect.
hops could be used too, but i avoid them because they can trigger depression in bipolar individuals like myself.
you could also try kava kava, lavender or passionflower tincture (don't make tea with kava, the high temps will destroy the kavalactones) for a chill feeling.
mint would be nice for flavor.

herbgirl,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
The hard candy recipe needs very little tincture in the recipe.

I like to evaporate it down A LOT too but you need very little to produce a batch of candy. If you don't evaporate enough, weaker candy. Candy thread is a good one.

Lo,

Nosferatu

Does watercuring smell up the room? Or could I have it soaking up and no one would notice? Then I could make firecrackers but I really dont want to eat vaped bud the way it is.

Nosferatu,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
the process of watercuring itself does not stink. the changed water is smelly, but you probably couldn't smell it say, across a room. unless you get your schnazz really close when you change the water, then you'll get a whiff of this bongwatery smell which diminishes with each water change.

see my pictorial for the details of my watercuring experiment

http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=3596

herbgirl,
if worried about abv duff taste try coconut gelato or fav ice creams, scoop of sweetness with i guess a few grams b delicious :p

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
jeffp said:
Firecrackers with ABV instead of virgin bud? Not sure about that - regardless here's an authoritative recipe thread on the matter:

http://boards.cannabis.com/recipes/87246-how-make-plain-ol-perfect-working-firecrackers.html

I've had a large number of firecrackers this spring/summer and greatly prefer them made with ABV instead of virgin bud. With virgin bud, I find the high to be too 'heady', and things almost always get 'out of control'. With ABV, I find it peaks early (90-120 minutes), and then slowly tails off over 4 or 5 hours. This is with using moderately vaped mids or aggressively vaped top shelf. The ABV firecracker always results in extreme gravitational attraction to my couch.

Tom

tdavie,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Interesting; I'll give that a shot one day. However I would say that the effect I'm usually after with eating bud is more toward Billy the Mountain, dressed up like Donovan, fading out on the wall-mounted TV screen, than straight couch lying down-ism.

jeffp,

Nosferatu

THANKS EVERYONE!

So about the few shots of everclear and ABV, you only need to shake it up for a few minutes? How powerfull of an edible will it be after that long say using two shots and 2 grams of ABV vaped at the Purple Days temp(385F). Ive always heard you need to leave it for weeks to soak up all the goodies?

Nosferatu,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
masbanji92, you might want to read this thread about golden dragon, which is basically Everclear (or equivalent high proof alcohol) and abv extract. There are a variety of thoughts on how long to let the abv soak, as well as a lot of other great info. Also, the strength of your golden dragon will depend greatly on the quality of herb that you started with. :)

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=1564

momofthegoons,
Reactions: horizon88
i like the freezer idea? leave everyting in freezer, alc , duff abv for about 4 days, shake once a day, then put duff in brownies. if u want u can evaporate alc extract & put in soda or juice

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

wthanna

masbanji92 said:
THANKS EVERYONE!

So about the few shots of everclear and ABV, you only need to shake it up for a few minutes? How powerfull of an edible will it be after that long say using two shots and 2 grams of ABV vaped at the Purple Days temp(385F). Ive always heard you need to leave it for weeks to soak up all the goodies?

Based on my experience with this, it seems like "most" of the goodies are extracted in the first few minutes. You can go longer, but for purity of the end product, I think the short time is better.

This is similar to what people do when making QWISO for smoking, only we are using Everclear, which is "edible" or drinkable. Longer soak times will extract a few more goodies, but will also bring more unwanted things into your extract. This is something that can be prepared and consumed in a few minutes time. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with what that 2 grams of Purple Days ABV will do.. I usually use fairly lightly vaped ABV (light brown, a little green) and 1 gram is nice.

wthanna,

Nosferatu

Thanks for the help wthanna I think we're on the same page with the lightly vaped ABV. Ill prolly try this with just a gram then and see how it goes. :)

Nosferatu,
plz try it with more than a gram, thro in a couple grams of fresh, then u can take 20% of it, if u need more take a little mor. it will prolly store well in freezer in baby food jar, last

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
I say do regular butter + water extraction, slow cooker is nice. Just with a smaller amount of butter.
I think that'll work out to regularish strength butter, just a smaller amount.

I'd say just butter some toast or make like 2 goo balls.

rabblerouser,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
LOL Try them ALLLLLLLLL!!!

Just save your ABV from the PD for a couple of weeks (or until you have a few grams)

I have done both the swampwater/golden dragon and firecracker routes before and both are very tasty in their own right. My last batch of firecrackers just put me on my ass. I was quite surprised (pleased) but wow...

AGBeer,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
put abv in a jar. covered the abv with alochal. let sit for 30 mins. strain and mix with your favorite beverage.

easy as that.

gettin lifted,
Top Bottom