• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Good alternative sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanner

I firmly believe that this is a great site for following the developments of vaporisation and getting important tips.
I have no wish to be banned as I find the site very useful and do not wish to break the law by criticising the mods or offend anybody.
However, for what is essentially a MJ site I feel ( my opinion only) that it is by far the most draconian site I have ever used.
I am expecting some abuse and punitive measures for this question but can any one recommend an alternative site that is as factual but a bit more mature in its dealings with members.
Please PM me with some suggestions of other good sites ( there appears to be a fair few) that mainly deal with vaporisation.

No need for any red-neck gung-ho replies I know that I will not be popular

spanner,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
spanner, you agreed to some pretty simple rules when you joined this forum, just like all of us did. And since then, you've managed to break several, including telling us to "fuck off". Since you have such a problem with the moderation here, I politely suggest you head on over to Grass City or MJ.com. They'll love your attitude over there. :2c:

Oh... you wanted a vape forum? Well let's see.... there aren't many. But you could head on over to letstalkvape.com. They are really hopping over there.

I have never, ever had a moderator treat me in an immature manner at this forum, and I have been here many years. What exactly do you mean by that?
Gotta agree with the lady. I think the FC forums are actualy pretty mature compared to most I've been on.
This place fosters a sense of community,and I believe the Mods try to kep it that way. Ever try herding 11,000+ cats uphill? That's what they do every day.
It's a bummer you didn't find what you were looking for,hope everything works out for ya!

z9

I have seen mods sort of jump on people and take things a little overboard at times... but you can't get mad at them for enforcing the rules, they're just doing their jobs. Well you can get mad but it won't get you anywhere. They try to keep it a little more professional here because of all the vendors that are members here. I'm still new here, never even peeked at the rules or anything and I haven't had any problems. A google search about anything related to vapes or concentrates will show you the popular forums. Take your pick...

lwien

....can any one recommend an alternative site that is as factual but a bit more mature in its dealings with members.

No need for any red-neck gung-ho replies

Nope.

Oh, one more thing. I want to make sure I understand the question. You feel that anyone who doesn't agree with you and may say as much, are gung-ho red-necks, but yet, you desire to be part of a more mature site? Am I hearing that correctly?

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I firmly believe that this is a great site for following the developments of vaporisation and getting important tips.
I have no wish to be banned as I find the site very useful and do not wish to break the law by criticising the mods or offend anybody.
However, for what is essentially a MJ site I feel ( my opinion only) that it is by far the most draconian site I have ever used.
I am expecting some abuse and punitive measures for this question but can any one recommend an alternative site that is as factual but a bit more mature in its dealings with members.
Please PM me with some suggestions of other good sites ( there appears to be a fair few) that mainly deal with vaporisation.

No need for any red-neck gung-ho replies I know that I will not be popular

hey - maybe not so important but you may want to spell vaporization correctly over at lets talk vape. Their 3 members will totally pick it apart.

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
I don't think you're going to find another site with such a diversified/knowledgeable community as this one. From what I see, the "law of the land" here is very fair. Refrain from attacking users, vapes/their manufactures("constructive" criticism is fine), and don't discuss moderators/moderation publicly. Follow these and you should be golden. :2c:

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Strong moderation is what makes this community what it is. Grasscity is a perfect example of what happens without it.

The way this forum is run, you maximize the amount of mature users who want to have meaningful discourses, while cutting most of the cruft out before it becomes an issue. I have been involved in running many forums in the past and this is by far one of the best communities I've ever seen, and I think it is because of the moderation teams work.

I mean, I've broken rules before. Several times. And in those the cases, I've gotten the proper, proportional responses from the moderation team. And that encouraged me to stay within the rules in the future. I know it feels like your getting scolded and told off, but they don't mean it that way - they just want you to follow the rules. And if you do, then there will be no issue.

spanner

Great points on the spelling of vaporisation chaps ( have a look in the OED). I am not looking for a fight . I am sure that many of you have some great experiences here ( and I have too). It would be pointless to rant and dig up examples. Just looking for a better site which may not exist.

spanner,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I think, sometimes, people post here when they are "in the moment" and angry with a company, and when they are corrected, they see it as censoring the message instead of their attitude or approach. In accordance with the rules, before coming in here and making a spectacle of yourself, give the process time to organically resolve. Some people seem to come in here wanting a fight or to wage a war against a company they are unhappy with. The "forum blackmail" issues that were just resolved are a great example of the mods doing what needed to be done to protect this community and I support them fully.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
"Better" in what way?

Leaving "draconian" out of it, what is lacking here? Besides all the vape-specific forums, there is also the Vapor Lounge for OT and lifestyle stuff. Are you looking for a dating site? Cuz I think that might be all that's missing here.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
BTW, this thread belongs in "Community Discussion" so I'm reporting it :p -joke-;)

This thread does belong in Community Discussion, that's why I moved it.

If we're such draconian mods, why does this thread still exist? Most forums have a rule: No discussion of the boards on the boards. That's way broader than forbidding discussion of mod decisions—which is what this thread is. People who don't understand why such rules are necessary really need to spend some time in a forum without that sort of rule. They tend to self-destruct quickly, so you might have to look hard to find one.

This thread does belong in Community Discussion, that's why I moved it.

If we're such draconian mods, why does this thread still exist? Most forums have a rule: No discussion of the boards on the boards. That's way broader than forbidding discussion of mod decisions—which is what this thread is. People who don't understand why such rules are necessary really need to spend some time in a forum without that sort of rule. They tend to self-destruct quickly, so you might have to look hard to find one.
Nazi!!
As a Jewish person this offends me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom