Gear GonG 'Vapor Globe'

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
So will the kief vape if the ti isn't too hot or does it depend on the quality of the kief like cold water hash full melting
i believe it is dependant on the quality. oils vape as flame is not applied. the oils are in the resin or trichs. the trichs are plant matter, so no matter what you are burning those a little. in all honesty (this might be blasphemy on FC) there is really no damage happening to the lungs even if you are smoking. the very little amount of plant matter% w/kief or bubble vs. regular bud means you are still much cleaner. "pure" vaping is almost impossible without exact temp regulation, which isn't really possible with a nail (unless you have a laser thermometer or whatever). that's why oil is mostly used in these rigs. also helps the purity of reclaim. short answer, both keif and bubble will vape, but you might burn as the resins vape at a higher temp than the plant matter. kinda like knives w/ bud back in the day. mostly vape w/ a little burnt. i hope i haven't made this even more confusing. i have used my rig a bit recently

stroh

errl enthusiast
kief will not vape as effectively as oil or full melt bubble, and will leave behind a gratuitous amount of residue since it is actually combusting most of it.

stroh,

NewSchoolExplorer

So will the kief vape if the ti isn't too hot or does it depend on the quality of the kief like cold water hash full melting

Yes it matters about the quality. If its like the typical light greenish kif than it will have plant material in it and I would not use it but that does not mean it cannot be used. I use dry shifted blondish/white or a super high quality bubble on the nail but watch out for lower quality as it leaves behind a residue that might effect the taste of future dabs until you clean the nail. Basically you want the essential oils and a minimum amount of plant material.

heres some pictures of trichome, the heads have the highest cannabonoids and the oil is within the heads
http://www.weedpals.com/index.php?do=/forum/hash-concentrates-oils-43/what-is-hash/view_135/

NewSchoolExplorer,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Bouldorado

Kief tends to ignite unless you use a small amount. When I put Kief on my dabs , I only use enough to dust the outside, prob less than .01g,

Bouldorado,

NewSchoolExplorer

Using inferior Titanium and a poorly designed bell. Labworx refined the design of the bell and the quality of the Titanium skillet.

His are not the best by any stretch of the imagination. Most HMK bells waste an inordinate amount of vapor because of their faulty design.

I have both HMK and Labworx and prefer the HMK. The labworx is too "air" while the HMK is a slightly tighter curve making the hits more flavorful with a heavier punch. At a initial pre-purchase/trial view it seems like the extended funnel around the labworx skillets would function better along with the circular bowled Ti pad, however, HMK ti pads are great but thicker which I prefer for bigger dabs while the smaller funnel gets thicker vapors to air ratio. HMK curve has dimples inside to insert a Ti screen to diffuse the vapor so you can reclaim more dry oil than from inside you piece (wet reclaim taste worse).

If your a beginner you will be better off using the Labworx skillet (because of the shape its easy to get all the vapor, bowl-shaped Ti pad is not much of a difference except if you have shaking hands and cants dab in the center or you take small hits and enjoy quick heat ups)

If you have a high tolerance and want concentrated hits of oils you should go with the HMK but it has a slight learning curve in using the right amount of suction to get all the vapor. You usually get thicker Ti pads (they sometimes look sloppy but function great) to stay hotter longer.

Kief tends to ignite unless you use a small amount. When I put Kief on my dabs , I only use enough to dust the outside, prob less than .01g,

You still might be combusting using less but just a smaller less noticeable amount.

IMG_5500.jpg

This is how I used to travel with my vape kit now I just take my TV Rev along with the T1 in a small travel case. Works great :D but those that are into water filters nail/skillets their are really well made cases made for securing guns and lab equip. from Pelican and other manufactures that can be used to protect and take your valuable glass

NewSchoolExplorer,
Top Bottom