GonG Storage Jars

cisco

I found Beantown Glass for a couple of GonG jars. They are a bit expensive but perfect for my requirements. I went this route after wait listing for a medium SC storage from Vapeworld for a couple months.

Nice little jars for keeping a few days worth of grind fresh. And if you are concerned that a gong top might shed glass particles into your goods as one poster suggested, they also have a female top, male bottom type jar. Personally, I think the glass shedding is akin to the sky is falling or simply an alternative storage manufacturer just dumping on the glass option. Pretty sure I grew up eating cookies from a GonG topped cookie jar. Still kicking here.

BTG threw in a GonG doobie adapter. Truly, ripping a doobie through a water tool must be the next most efficient vehicle to pure vaping.

http://www.btgjars.com/categories/Glass%2don%2dGlass-Jars/

Another option for ConG jars from the 7th floor folk:
http://silversurfervap.com/accessories/storage/storage-jars/ground-glass-jars.html
And a friendlier price.

And here are some ROOR jars but perhaps not the most convenient outlet for US:
http://www.jarstars.com/roor-stash-jars/roor-air-tight-stash-jars/roor-air-tight-glass-stash-jar

cisco,

cisco

All consolidated ..... Dele
Mod note: Please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located near the lower right of your posts.

cisco,

SD_haze

I don't think I've ever seen a UV-proof GonG stash jar :/
I'd buy one of those if it was small enough.

biophotonic_jar_2.jpg

SD_haze,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
I was looking for some new stash jars. Gong looks cool and I really like the roor jar, but it seems with a tip that Lid could come off and all the goodies go flying. I was just thinking some simple blue or Amber stash jars with screw lids. One despensary I went to gave them with every 8th in clear but stopped and I got a few I kept.

YoGranMazPimp,

cisco

Apparently SSV also offers colored GonG jars. Blue and green. I just ordered a few blue small units. Not sure of the UV performance (all is in the dark most of the time) but my brief web research suggested blue to be good. Perhaps a snoob here, I'd like an assortment of ready to go preground varieties in nice containers. Try a chronic, then a bubble berry, a white widow, strawberry cough, shipwreck, etc. and lala. A ready to go herbal bar.

SSV Colored Jar link: http://silversurfervap.com/accessories/storage/storage-jars/ground-glass-jars-colored.html

cisco,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
I picked me up a GonG stash jar yesterday. Made by steve kelnhofer (silver surfer inventor) it is worked with blue and white flames. Seems would hold 1/4 easily. This is my stay at home stash jar. It wouldnt do well as a on the go jar cause that lid might pop off and spill the goods. Check it out...

sou042.jpg

YoGranMazPimp,

cisco

The 7th Floor jars arrived. Very nice. The pic below shows a sampling of my storage assortment: the blue 7th Floor (~100ml), small clear BTG's (~30ml) and a couple of sizes of Bormioli Rocco Fido's (500 and 200ml). The Fido's work great and are priced very nicely at about $3 for the small jar (Sur La Table) but they are not GonG, just good for airtight storage. I have yet to actually use the 7th Floor jars but I'm sure they'll prove a nice addition, $21.99 for the colored variety. The BTG's are ideal for small amounts of preground herbals and, of course, the most costly of the bunch at $27.20 a pop. And I'm pretty sure I need a couple more of the little BTG's.

DSCN14zz.jpg

DSCN1469.jpg

cisco,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
does glass storage jars have any advantage over other materials like metal or plastic? i've been using a metal ones, just using stuff i had laying around.

ilovebOObs,

SD_haze

does glass storage jars have any advantage over other materials like metal or plastic? i've been using a metal ones, just using stuff i had laying around.

I've heard that plastic materials more readily "strip" trichromes off buds compared to more non-reactive materials like glass.
Additionally, almost all plastics are porous so a plastic storage container isn't 100% airtight. This'll dry your bud out faster and cause the smell to seep out a bit.

So avoid plastic for long-term storage, but if its just that day its not a big deal :2c:

With glass vs stainless steel, as long as they're both 100% airtight, I cannot see any advantage glass has over it. Especially since SS blocks 100% of the light/UV and doesnt break.

SD_haze,
Top Bottom