GonG Party Bong Ideas for Etsy Artist

Shiz

My friends are quickly warming up to vaporizing now that they've tried the EQ and one of them even bought one but I need a better way to vape in a group without passing cumbersome whips and bongs constantly. We hate using the bags for multiple reasons.

This contraption was created by Cptblueballs at Grasscity
p2-1.jpg

27_18_01.jpg

http://www.grasscity.com/black-leaf-4-hose-party-bong.html

Anything similar to this already popular that I don't know about?

I'm definitely not gonna make a plastic bong like Cptblueballs but I bet a few Etsy artists could easily make something like the Black Leaf with a good diffused downstem and 3 or 4 joints. No whips of course but maybe a few adapters for them and some stoppers for the unused joints. I'm wondering if it would even be worth it for them in that price range but can't hurt to ask, right? :/

Before I ask any artists for a quote I was hoping to get some feedback and ideas on the design.
What do you guys think would be the best setup for this as far as tube design: shape, size, diffusion, standard downstem size..etc? If you think it's not worth it let me know that too.

If there's any interest we could get a good artist interested enough to come up with something sweet with accessories and all.

Shiz,

OC513

Dabaholic
With more than one person pulling on it is there even a vaporizer that could keep up? Maintaining the heat with that many people pulling may be an issue or it may not. I am super curious to know now. Looks like a great idea for group sessions.

OC513,

Shiz

Good point. Might make a difference depending on the vape also. Maybe someone will show up here who's already tried it.

Shiz,

Nycdeisel

I concur with OC's point. Even my DBV gets pretty damn warm around the outside when theres more then 2 people taking a good amount of hits. A bag seems more appropriate here, for sure, but you said you dont want a bag.
I would say maybe the VripTech with a nice solid tube, but that may be too much glass for you to feel comfortable passing around a circle. Not to mention power cords.

I still think of this video, however, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmQ90X_Iips

Nycdeisel,

Shiz

Nycdeisel said:
I concur with OC's point. Even my DBV gets pretty damn warm around the outside when theres more then 2 people taking a good amount of hits. A bag seems more appropriate here, for sure, but you said you dont want a bag.
I would say maybe the VripTech with a nice solid tube, but that may be too much glass for you to feel comfortable passing around a circle. Not to mention power cords.

I still think of this video, however, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmQ90X_Iips

Haha vape-tending, nice.

While still being helpful, your post actually points out the opposite of what it was intended to.

I just realized that the fact the EQ was designed to be used with the bag (unlike the DBV/SSV), with the fan constantly pushing air through, at varied speeds both slow and fast, sounds like it can handle exactly what I'm trying to achieve. That shouldn't be an issue for me at all now that I think about it. The bag is out of the question but it'll essentially be replaced by multiple people drawing from the bong at varied speeds. :doh:

Shiz,

Shiz

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. Spoke to an artist that could do it but in the end I needed more details about how I wanted it designed to ensure it would perform properly. I got some good feedback yesterday but it seems not too many people have tried this...especially not with a vaporizer. I couldn't decide if I would rather have it pull with a higher air to vapor ratio or lower. More drag, less drag...they even have a 45mm joint vs the 29.2mm suggested by kliff2004...I couldn't decide because I honestly don't know how it would work best. The price would have been sweet but if you can't tell the artist how you want the tube to hit and they've never made one like that before...too risky. Thanks again for your time and help guys.

Shiz,

Theo

Probably work best with 2-4hoses with 18.8mm joints and then a 50mm big joint for the downstem that could be any type of diffusion style. But for air-to-vapor ratio I have no idea how that would work in a style like this. Personally I don't think it would hit very well.

Theo,

Shiz

Theo said:
Probably work best with 2-4hoses with 18.8mm joints and then a 50mm big joint for the downstem that could be any type of diffusion style. But for air-to-vapor ratio I have no idea how that would work in a style like this. Personally I don't think it would hit very well.
Exactly. I didn't know one way or the other. It would be hit or miss...literally.

Shiz,

Nycdeisel

sounds like a lot of work to satisfy other people. If it was me, and we had a big group i would make the people come to it instead of having it being passed to multiple people. Thats just what I would do, and IMO what you want sounds more novelty, not saying that wouldnt like it if it was well made, though.

sorry I couldnt be more helpful, yea I like that vid hehe.

My guess would be less drag if lots of people with varied breathing techniques are participating.

This is mostly just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

Im just abit confused as to the last part of your response to my quote^ it sounds like you mean you'd like to just use a vapor bong instead, is that what you are saying? or maybe im totally lost here.

in any case, good luck with what your trying to find!

Nycdeisel,

Shiz

Nycdeisel said:
sounds like a lot of work to satisfy other people...and IMO what you want sounds more novelty, not saying that wouldnt like it if it was well made, though.
You're right on both accounts. Another reason I didn't mention is that I'm a bit of a closet germaphobe and I wipe off my pieces after other people use them so this would have helped in that area too. :/
Nycdeisel said:
sorry I couldnt be more helpful, yea I like that vid hehe.
You were very helpful. That video was too.
Nycdeisel said:
Im just abit confused as to the last part of your response to my quote^ it sounds like you mean you'd like to just use a vapor bong instead, is that what you are saying? or maybe im totally lost here.

in any case, good luck with what your trying to find!
You mean the bag part? I was just saying that because the bag is not an option for me, I wasn't considering it's functionality. Your post reminded me that the party bong would essentially be replacing the function of the fan and bag system. With multiple people pulling from multiple whips at varied speeds we would be utilizing the EQ as if we turned on the fan and used a bag. Which is how it was designed to function.

Thanks again for your time, effort and valued opinions. ;)

Shiz,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
OC513 said:
With more than one person pulling on it is there even a vaporizer that could keep up? Maintaining the heat with that many people pulling may be an issue or it may not. I am super curious to know now. Looks like a great idea for group sessions.

why not just have a lead puller? so one person fills the hookah then the others take their turns once its full of vapor. that way the heater wont be overtaxed and everyone should get a similar amount of vapor (as long as the leader doesn't inhale all of it!).

actually, now that i think about it, wasn't there a glass hookah designed to fit on the volcano? i don't think it got very good reviews from what i remember. might be something to look into though. maybe you could have one designed to fit on your Q.

notmyrealUSERname,

Nycdeisel

So your going to just use the bag? that sounds the best for larger groups IMHO.

No problem, I find im fitting in quite well here, if I do say so myself, but its too hard to judge myself, so Ill leave that up to you guys :D :lol:

PS: I must admit Im kind of a closet germaphobe myself, but I guess we both just kinda opened the closet door :cool: :lol:

take it easy, Shiz :wave:

Nycdeisel,

Shiz

No, I won't use the bags again because the vapor gets stale in there. Completely ruins the session. I'll just have to pass my glass around for now and hope there's no drool on it when I get it back. :o

See you around. :tup:

Shiz,

Shiz

That thing is pretty cool. That would be sick as a portable bowl to travel with when I visit friends that don't vape.

Too much work for my home/party needs though. I guess the EQ has spoiled me already cuz I ain't stirring a bowl after each hit in a group of 4 when I can load up the EQ bowl and shake it once every 10 hits.

Shiz,
Top Bottom