• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Going to jamaica and dont want combust

420democrat

I think a unused vapcap would be the way to go... They are 30$ and hit like a freight train can be heated with any heat source including a simple bic lighter if you can't find a torch, 30$ is pretty expendable just leave it in Jamaica... And like I said the thing wrecks me

Last edited:
420democrat,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I probably wouldn't risk the FF2; it's too expensive to take a chance with, IMO. I might go with a Vapor Genie Classic or Glass Bat, or maybe a Vapman or VapCap. No worries about batteries, chargers or plugging in. All you need is a reliable lighter.

Only problem with this or VapCap is butane. Both go through it pretty well. I didn't check, but not sure how easy it is to find down there. OP said he's been there a few times, so maybe better for him or someone that is moving around enough down there to reload. Definitely wouldn't be carrying butane in my bags, though - checked or carry on.

flotntoke,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Vapcap can be used via bic lighter
Some members here have tested it. And all have found good results. And 30$ is as expendable as it gets. I know normal lighters are easy to find in Jamaica

Always forget about this. It does get dirty (as with most candles), but works great!! Would be a great subtle vape for Jamaica, too!

cow-a-bunga

Once when I ran out of herb I opened up my Solo and found quite a bit of it inside. Same with the EQ.

I'd not cross international borders with used gear.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Funny, I've never looked for butane there and as you indicated I would not attempt to travel with it. BIC lighters and cheap knockoffs are readily available.
Just flew with a Vapcap (although it was a domestic, not international flight)

Indeed torch lighters are a huge PITA with TSA - I've heard conflicting reports - don't travel with them, do travel but keep them empty. Etc (I talked to a Cigar store owner who flies down to the Caribbean every year - puts his torches in checked luggage and has no problem).

I tried using a cheapo lighter for my Vapcap, but it takes almost 90 seconds to heatup - so make sure you have a quality lighter, otherwise that heat is going to melt your lighter before you get a few good hits with the vape!

If vaping around the hotel room, I'd suggest maybe using a small candle instead of a bic lighter for the Vapcap (heatup time will be about the same, but it'll be easier and safer).

I think vapcaps are going to be my new go-to disposable vaporizer for trips outside the country - it's affordable and efficient.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
There is still the old Ubie vaporizer. Simple to use with a regular bic style lighter and easily disposable plus you can pick up 6 for $50 or 2 for $20. Not a glamorous vape by any means but they do work well once you get the hang of 'em.

:peace:...:2c:

RUDE BOY,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I fly with my Pax. I went to Aruba this past year. I clean it very good then stuff it with tobacco. No problems.

newVaper420,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Think VapCap is your best bet. Just try not to use too much before you go and if you do soak in alcohol (except O rings and rubber mouthpiece). Leave it there and a pretty cheap easy way to go. Great choice, me thinks!

flotntoke,

spoutti

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/de...-be-considered-drug-paraphernalia,-because-it...

Found this link, does not give me the warm fuzzies, I suspect a VapCap is in my future and for future trips I'll pick up a torch on the island. Thanks for the suggestions!
Nice read. My fear of passing used vapes is the drug residue. I dont know if "residues" is considered possession of illegal substance. But :"If such an item is found to have drug residue present, or if there are other indicators that it will be used with drugs, it will be seized." Maybe it means drug residue in a vape wont lead you to prison, not even a ticket. Just risking your vape gets seized. Maybe, but I still nedd more reassuring. I wouldnt risk my international liberties. But then again, I usually dont crave the herb in vacation.

spoutti,

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Nice read. My fear of passing used vapes is the drug residue. I dont know if "residues" is considered possession of illegal substance. But :"If such an item is found to have drug residue present, or if there are other indicators that it will be used with drugs, it will be seized." Maybe it means drug residue in a vape wont lead you to prison, not even a ticket. Just risking your vape gets seized. Maybe, but I still nedd more reassuring. I wouldnt risk my international liberties. But then again, I usually dont crave the herb in vacation.

This one is a little more disturbing:
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/786/kw/pipe

YaMon,

spoutti

Thanks @YaMon !
"If you attempt to bring illegal contraband (including drug paraphernalia such as pipes) into the U.S., it will be seized and you will be subject to fines, penalties, and possible arrest. "

That sounds like residues of drugs can lead to an arrest.. Anw, not a problem for me; I can be without mj for my vacations easily. But im happy this could be shared here for the community

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Thanks @YaMon !
"If you attempt to bring illegal contraband (including drug paraphernalia such as pipes) into the U.S., it will be seized and you will be subject to fines, penalties, and possible arrest. "

That sounds like residues of drugs can lead to an arrest.. Anw, not a problem for me; I can be without mj for my vacations easily. But im happy this could be shared here for the community

Yep, exactly!!! If you have a device to use for tobacco or lavender or whatever, you should be OK - even if they confiscate it. However, once there is MJ residue you're in a whole different boat - or possibly a cell!

This is the same in many US states and has been for years. This is how head shops in non legal states sell glass and other paraphernalia, often with a "For tobacco use only" disclaimer. Once resined though, it's a whole different thing. Fucking prohibition!!

flotntoke,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Just thought I'd pipe in and say I was in Jamaica this year and brought both my Mighty and Crafty with me with spare heads ... cleaned everything with rubbing alcohol before coming back.

No problems at all. I think with the increase in eCigs these things now fly under the radar nicely (it's really just not worth their time)

Justpassedu

So is buying flowers now legal in Jamaica and easy to get ? I went years ago and just picked up some dirt walking on the beach . I actually remember it being very seedy but also potent .

Justpassedu,

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
So is buying flowers now legal in Jamaica and easy to get ? I went years ago and just picked up some dirt walking on the beach . I actually remember it being very seedy but also potent .
Easy to get, but for the discerning consumer the beach will not normally yield any quality. This video provides an idea of strains available:

YaMon,
Top Bottom