Gnar jars

rodders83

http://gnarjars.com/shop

Anyone else interested? I tried 420 jars, I have a Jyarz and i think this looks the best for holding an o of flowers? The 420 jars only hold 16g and there is no concentrate holding ability in thier lids either! I said in another thread these look the best along with Enugjug as the two things i want now in storage.

Is there anything else i should view before pre-ordering? I fancy some free shipping to the EU i doubt they will be too happy! :D

rodders83

Update for you folks Pre-order discounts will end on March 15 i have confirmed with GnarJars i will have one for review and will update when i get mine or unless someone on here beats me to it.

Looking around at the other storage jars on the market, I am confident enough to say this is the new standard of stash jars. All the other jars have issues like glass on glass sticking (RooR) smelly gaskets (Jyarz) size issues (Jyarz 420 jars) and none have the ability to hold flower in the jar and concentrates in the silicone lid.

So if you miss out on the pre-orders do not say i did not warn you about this amazing new product, Props to Hotbox also for featuring this on thier homepage and bringing it to my attention.

MinnBobber

I am confident enough to say this is the new standard of stash jars. All the other jars have issues like glass on glass sticking (RooR) smelly gaskets (Jyarz) size issues (Jyarz 420 jars) and none have the ability to hold flower in the jar and concentrates in the silicone lid.
Let us know--do a review. It has pluses and minuses in comparison so we'll see how it works out.
- Bigger size than JyARZ. Great. JyARZ will likely have bigger in future
- Clear glass so no protection from light. JyARZ let no light in so no degradation from light.
- I see no gasket like JyARZ so have to wait and see if it TOTALLY contains ALL cannabis smell when stored.
- JyARZ smelly gaskets appear to be a very tiny % so many folks have no smelly gaskets. I have bought on about 8 different occasions and have zero with smelly gasket.

- protection from a fall: JyARZ has composite protection.

For now the new gnar has the bigger size domain to itself. Looks like it should be popular.
Let us know when you get/test it please

rodders83

Yes the protection from light is why i will always keep my Jyarz for kief until they look into the size and gaskets. I will be doing a review but the product is not released until the 15th of March and then shipping to Europe.

I think this will be the first one in Europe too so i think it will be very popular MinnBobber. If you look at thier Youtube also it has a video called "Freshness you can hear" so i doubt smell is going to be an issue. :)

rodders83,
Reactions: GnarJars

MinnBobber

I think this will be the first one in Europe too so i think it will be very popular MinnBobber. If you look at thier Youtube also it has a video called "Freshness you can hear" so i doubt smell is going to be an issue. :)
Great, I hope they took keeping all odors in as their prime directive as they fail without that.
And if one needs the size (so JyARZ is out)--then you can work around the "not screening all light" by storing in a closet or box. Just take out when you need it.

MinnBobber,

rodders83

@MinnBobber my order was shipped on 4/20 and is currently leaving America for Europe. So i will hav a quickfire mini review on it within a week. Should i do it here or am i alloed to just bang open a new review thread?

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I'll take my lightproof Jyarz over these... It is smaller capacity but I have almost 20 now, so using 2 satchmos for a full bag is no problem.

FlyingLow,

MinnBobber

Should i do it here or am i alloed to just bang open a new review thread?

I'm no mod here but I'd say a new thread titled something like Gnar Jar Review---so folks know it's a review.
Looking at a picture, does it look like there is a "liner piece" with a triple seal and then a cover that screws into that? That might be/should be a very effective smell barrier

MinnBobber,

rodders83

It is basically multiple layers created by the silicone moulds it looks like it screws but look the video it just pops in. Hopefully shipping comes and i will do a review look out for that i will update both. :)

rodders83,

GnarJars

Stash Jar for both Flowers & Concentrates!
Accessory Maker
Hey guys, Niko here! Im the dude behind GnarJars! Glad to be apart of this community! Stop by my profile and say High! Any questions about GnarJars I would love to answer!

Great, I hope they took keeping all odors in .
Our jars are 100% smell proof! :)

http://gnarjars.com/shop

Anyone else interested? I tried 420 jars, I have a Jyarz and i think this looks the best for holding an o of flowers? The 420 jars only hold 16g and there is no concentrate holding ability in thier lids either! I said in another thread these look the best along with Enugjug as the two things i want now in storage.

Is there anything else i should view before pre-ordering? I fancy some free shipping to the EU i doubt they will be too happy! :D
Glad you like the looks of our jars and spreading the word! And oh man that is so awesome! eNugJug is also our sister company! I started eNugJug 2 years ago. That evolved into GnarJars. I still plan on launching eNugJug but because of the high cost for the prototype I had to put it on hold, so a year ago I set out to start GnarJars and release eNugJug soon after.
Whats cool is if you already have a GnarJar the eNugJug will be compatible and fit your GnarJar. Stay tuned on eGnarJars guys :D ;)

Update for you folks Pre-order discounts will end on March 15 i have confirmed with GnarJars i will have one for review and will update when i get mine or unless someone on here beats me to it.

Looking around at the other storage jars on the market, I am confident enough to say this is the new standard of stash jars. All the other jars have issues like glass on glass sticking (RooR) smelly gaskets (Jyarz) size issues (Jyarz 420 jars) and none have the ability to hold flower in the jar and concentrates in the silicone lid.
So if you miss out on the pre-orders do not say i did not warn you about this amazing new product, Props to Hotbox also for featuring this on thier homepage and bringing it to my attention.
Thank you so much for your pre order! I appreciate it!

I will be doing a review but the product is not released until the 15th of March and then shipping to Europe.

Yup :) First in Europe! First outside of the US! Thank you so much!

Looking at a picture, does it look like there is a "liner piece" with a triple seal and then a cover that screws into that? That might be/should be a very effective smell barrier
Our lids have a triple silicone seal at its base then another lip that seals the top of the glass as well, it does a great job of keeping in the smell of the most potent buds;)

I don't think the concentrate lid screws in but could be wrong.
Yes the lid to the concentrate container screws off but the whole lid itself pops in and out of the glass. Here is the link to our YouTube video Rodders83 mentioned
. Hopefully shipping comes and i will do a review look out for that i will update both. :)
Can't wait till you get it :) looking forward to your honest review.

Have a stoney one everyone! Glad to be apart of this forum!

-Niko

Last edited:

rodders83

Going to have to wait customs withheld my Gnar Jar, And slapped on fees which total £14, It cost £20 to buy! And they have it held 10 miles away and will not release it until i come in person with proof of ID and £14 or just pay online. Just tried to pay online and after the payment failed i threw the tv remote across the room in fury.

*puts on southpark redneck voice*

They took my jarr man!

rodders83

Not your fault I think the EU/UK is hostile to having a reciept so if they see one mentioning Paypal or Credit Cards they will go for the fees even if marked as a gift of which you can have narly two Gnar Jars free of fees. Heck my 99$ Space Case never got any fees thank god!

So as i said you keep the money in your pocket it would feel like theft from my part, And to be honest i guess you risk customs if you import. I will pay and review and just suck it up dude because i really wanted another storage option. But you know on that topic it is surreal to me that you are the guy behind Enugjug... Because obviously i like my gadgets and like my quality items and i wondered what happened to Enugjug! At last now i know that was a cool idea and neat prototype and i was dissapointed it was not something i could buy at the time but im pleased to hear i now have half of an EGnarJar lol.

Anyways welcome to FC, Super nice dude as well guys trying to refund the £14 too props Niko. So now I just have to wait probably going to be the weekend but i think i will be getting some dank then too so maybe it will be one of those super nice weekends where i get an ounce of dank and get to open the package.

:)

Last edited:
rodders83,
Reactions: Adobewan

tepictoton

How about using violet glass? I personally have had very good succes when swapping my regular glass jars with violet glass ones.

Maybe you could look into that?

tepictoton,

delloy

And the option of a plain jar without cannabis leaves or logos, I hate logos! Especially things with leaves and bongs plastered all over them! And if you are trying to keep things a little discrete (even though the jars are clear) this isn't the best. I dont need to be reminded of whats in the jar when I can see right through it. And overall I think logos just look a little cheap and tacky...sorry :2c:

Good Luck and welcome to FC. I like the jars but please make one without the logos. The lid logo is fine. ;)

@rodders83 On a little sidenote if you are in the UK just because something is marked as a gift it doesn't make it exempt from import duties or VAT. A gift is only exempt if its price totals less than £34 including the shipping costs. Everything as far as I understand is liable for VAT charges although sometimes they do slip through the net ;)

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

Last edited:
delloy,

rodders83

Yep as soon as i placed my Rasta lig + logo order I changed my mind to asking for plain lid in either Green or Black and a plain black glass with no logo. It looks nice in the pics but the green silicone gets me going and the black would look like a Space Case and blend in.

So if i had to go for a second thts what it will be because you cant rub these logos with iso or they fade. Anyways i paid the fees to the robbers and i am picking up dank on Monday and i expect my Gnar to be released by Monday. But about the fee you are right £34 but my Gnar was £19 not £34 and it stated "Gift" from Niko. So i should be exempt but to even argue you have to pay first and fill out a form later to contest. And there is a handling fee of £8 too.

If i was American i would be pissed at my customers being subject to 20% VAT + Duty + £8 handling fees how can you survive on small orders? You cant yet there is nothing like this inside the EU.

rodders83,

delloy

@rodders83 how much was the shipping? If the price of the Jar was £19 and the shipping £15 or more this would be where they arrive at the total of £34. You are taxed on the total price paid including the shipping. If the shipping was free or was under £15 I believe you shouldn't have been charged if marked as a gift.

Can I ask another question? Did the price you paid for the jar on the website include local US sales tax? As I understand these things you shouldn't pay US sales tax you only pay the tax when it enters the UK. (but I could be wrong here I'm not 100%) or else you would be paying tax on the item twice which doesn't seem right. :ugh:

I agree about the handling charges by the postal services it is ridiculous and dont see how they justify the price especially when they quite often get the charges completely wrong!

So many questions....can I also ask of the US members here do prices shown/stated on webstores and in shops in general in the US include local sales tax or is that usually added afterwards. I ask this because all prices in stores and webstores in the UK include the sales tax before checkout in most cases.

Last edited:
delloy,

GnarJars

Accessory Maker
How about using violet glass? I personally have had very good succes when swapping my regular glass jars with violet glass ones.

Maybe you could look into that?
UV protected glass is going to be something you'll see within the coming months. We wanted to start small at first to give us room to grow.
And the option of a plain jar without cannabis leaves or logos, I hate logos! Especially things with leaves and bongs plastered all over them! And if you are trying to keep things a little discrete (even though the jars are clear) this isn't the best. I dont need to be reminded of whats in the jar when I can see right through it. And overall I think logos just look a little cheap and tacky...sorry :2c:

Good Luck and welcome to FC. I like the jars but please make one without the logos. The lid logo is fine. ;)
Don't be sorry! We love feedback. Plain Jars are something you will also see in the near future
Anyways i paid the fees to the robbers and i am picking up dank on Monday and i expect my Gnar to be released by Monday. But about the fee you are right £34 but my Gnar was £19 not £34 and it stated "Gift" from Niko. So i should be exempt but to even argue you have to pay first and fill out a form later to contest. And there is a handling fee of £8 too.

If i was American i would be pissed at my customers being subject to 20% VAT + Duty + £8 handling fees how can you survive on small orders? You cant yet there is nothing like this inside the EU.
I'm glad you're about to get your jar but sorry about all that trouble. That really upsets me, I was unaware of all those fees! I am going to get ahold of some of our Canada customers and see if they had any troubles with their customs.

GnarJars,

rodders83

Not sure on that tax Canada and the US probably have an agreement, But the UK will actively hunt and tax items outside the European union. So I have no idea of the tax breakdown of sales tax. All i know is the total was $27 usd for the jar as my final total due to me being a pre-ordered and then the letter demanded $20.82 usd in fees.

So $47 aka £32 is what this one cost but hey it will last me a lifetime i think and i think i would still of got one even if i knew the final fee too Niko. But to get my hands on the UV and plain lids im gonna have to come up with a plan for customs ^^

PITA, Because i still need another SpaceCase M, A Ryot Piper bag and another Gnar Jar and a Sublimator. Most of the stuff i plan to buy in 2016 is all going to have to be hidden from customs argh.

rodders83,

GnarJars

Accessory Maker
Not sure on that tax Canada and the US probably have an agreement, But the UK will actively hunt and tax items outside the European union. So I have no idea of the tax breakdown of sales tax. All i know is the total was $27 usd for the jar as my final total due to me being a pre-ordered and then the letter demanded $20.82 usd in fees.

So $47 aka £32 is what this one cost but hey it will last me a lifetime i think and i think i would still of got one even if i knew the final fee too Niko. But to get my hands on the UV and plain lids im gonna have to come up with a plan for customs ^^

PITA, Because i still need another SpaceCase M, A Ryot Piper bag and another Gnar Jar and a Sublimator. Most of the stuff i plan to buy in 2016 is all going to have to be hidden from customs argh.
Thats such a bummer. I gave you the code for free shipping which saved you $21 for international shipping. I cant imagine other EU customers wanting to fork out almost $70 ! Im going to have to look more into this.

GnarJars,

ginolicious

They have some cool designs. I keep my bud in mason jars. However those silicone ones would be excellent for dabs. Trying to make my own dabs currently. Not down to buy. But not sure if my home made dabs will even be worth it haha.

ginolicious,

rodders83

Will do my review tomorrow very fatigued today but i have the Rasta Gnar Jar cleaned and filled with 42 Grams of low-med odor popcorns nugs. Best i can get but i wanted to leave it in the closet for a day at least for a smell check. But i am impressed so far.

The fee breakdown also was only £6 from customs to import, But the courier Royal Mail charged £8 handling fee at the instruction of customs! What a fraud £8 to handle it and they also came without the box after i paid and gave me a second leaflet for money! The postman was bright red faced and had to say sorry and arrange a second delivery. So the £8 they took was actually a complete disaster and they are morons.

:)

rodders83,
Top Bottom