Discontinued Gn0me - lighter based vaporizers

Hoops

So are you saying you can't use the cone on a waterpipe without the waterpipe attachment from GnOme???

I believe I saw someone using the cone with a water piece in a video. Can't remember if they used a rubber ring or silicone to create the seal on the cone mouth piece in a 14mm female joint.

Either way, I was waiting for the water piece attachment specifically in 19mm....makes a big difference to me.

Hoops,

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I believe I saw someone using the cone with a water piece in a video. Can't remember if they used a rubber ring or silicone to create the seal on the cone mouth piece in a 14mm female joint.

Either way, I was waiting for the water piece attachment specifically in 19mm....makes a big difference to me.

It says on the site that the cone is made on a 14mm joint it looks male to me so why wouldn't it fit in a 14mm female joint?

Cotelio

It says on the site that the cone is made on a 14mm joint it looks male to me so why wouldn't it fit in a 14mm female joint?
On the cone, the heat exchanger is the female joint and the mouthpiece or waterpipe adapter is the male joint that connects to the heat exchanger.

The funnel is the opposite- male joint on the heat exchanger, and female joint on the mouthpiece/adapter.

The reason you can't connect the heat exchanger directly to a standard male or female joint is because there would be nowhere to put the herbs that you're vaping.

As vaporonly and Hoops said, I suppose it would be possible to fit some silicone around the mouthpiece of the dry $50 cone to make a seal with a female ground glass joint, though. More hassle than it's worth IMO, and you could do the same thing with a Slider.

axakal

does anyone know, if there is some kind of waranty on the classic? my classic gnome broke a couple of days ago. i don't know the cause, i just wanted to put it away in its holder and the thicker tube cleanly broke in two pieces.:( the last session was several hours before it happened.

axakal,

Cotelio

does anyone know, if there is some kind of waranty on the classic? my classic gnome broke a couple of days ago. i don't know the cause, i just wanted to put it away in its holder and the thicker tube cleanly broke in two pieces.:( the last session was several hours before it happened.
Just shoot Calen an email and see what he has to say about it, if you haven't already.

Cotelio,
Reactions: axakal

Bananiq

That's correct, you need a Calen's adapter whether for Cone or Funnel, which serves as a glass-screen "bowl". Unluckily I broke my female bowl from HD vape which I liked very much and I hoped it would work like a champ with the Calen's new male heat exchanger :( But I guess Calen has developed his all-glass bowls/adapters to near perfection so the regular bowl with screen and female joint is not needed (for pure tasteness). I ordered 19mm Funnel this week after I learned that Calen injured his wrist in end of April. To express my gratitude that he is back and he tries to respond on every e-mail, I offered him to pay an extra 10 euros for my gn0me order because he is so cool. But he refused, instead he gave me discount coupon code to apply to his new web-ordering system. Yes he is so honorable and fair. Please do not ask for further discounts other than fcforum. >>> Support this guy! <<<

Now I will elaborate on 2 questions that I asked Calen about the new Funnel (yes he told me that he revised the Funnel again :)

1. he mentioned that he revised the funnel which is now more streamlined and also nicer! I asked him about details of this revision.
2. second question was about the major difference of the female Cone vs male Funnel

this is the answer

Calen said:
Basically, I'm making the female part of the joint myself, so the throat is an even width all the way from the bottom of the joint to the screen...
...The big change is that I'm not using a pre-made female joint for the bowl section - instead I'm using glass tubing that I ream with a standard taper to the same size as a female joint. This gives me a bit more control over what tubing I use - thickness, quality, etc, as well as making it so that the tubing doesn't widen after the taper, as it does in a standard glass joint. That, paired with the screen design lessens any cooler zones at the perimeter of the bowl. The fit of the heat exchanger to the bowl is slightly looser because of this - I don't have a lathe to create the absolute perfect taper, nor a grinding bit to give it the ground glass look, but in this application a perfect seal is not necessary since the heat exchanger offers almost no resistance to incoming air. Compared to the Cone, the bowl is wider and a bit shallower, and I think the overall vape is a bit more even... it's also easier to see, since the bowl is not obscured by the cloudiness of the ground glass joint. I hope you like it!

Bananiq,

mnd99

This might be a strange question and a stranger comparison still..

Those of you who have the classic slider, how would you rate the efficiency/conservation of the slider compared to other vaporizers especially log ones like the Underdog. Is it even comparable?

mnd99,

Cotelio

My only comparison that would be fair for me to do is the standard Lightbulb/crackpipe vape and the dragon-lite, and the classic is miles ahead of either. My only complaint is that you can't really load it up with much, so it's difficult to use it to vape things besides marijuana

Cotelio,

Bananiq

mnd99: That's actually an interesting question. The underdog as a log vape is considered as one of the most efficient but gn0me slider is very comparable in efficiency. Underdog has a very small bowl which is a contributing factor to its efficiency. However, I have to load it cca 3 times to get me where gn0me slider can get you in 1 load. The overall efficiency is better in gn0me because you can adjust the temp and vape in higher temperatures. Since gn0me is all glass you can vaporize golden residues or just easily obtain it with ISO. Underdog has fixed temp and requires lower amounts to load but gn0me is better at extraction of compounds. Generally, I prefer gn0me but UD is easier and convenient to use for some people.

Bananiq,

Cotelio

mnd99: That's actually an interesting question. The underdog as a log vape is considered as one of the most efficient but gn0me slider is very comparable in efficiency. Underdog has a very small bowl which is a contributing factor to its efficiency. However, I have to load it cca 3 times to get me where gn0me slider can get you in 1 load. The overall efficiency is better in gn0me because you can adjust the temp and vape in higher temperatures. Since gn0me is all glass you can vaporize golden residues or just easily obtain it with ISO. Underdog has fixed temp and requires lower amounts to load but gn0me is better at extraction of compounds. Generally, I prefer gn0me but UD is easier and convenient to use for some people.
Making a jab at people who use clinical depression as a jab at akingfor pain pills, if you;re able to use them thne oplease edo, no matter how I owersonally at the accounter Yeeeeeeeeepl hough bobody wats to admit it

Cotelio,
Reactions: Bananiq

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I just had a gn0me dabbing idea... wouldn't it be possible to put a dab on the other end of the tube with the heating element and let it slide over the already hot element and do a dab in the gn0me?

i foresee two problems, cleaning and the dab could go through the element unvaped.

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Making a jab at people who use clinical depression as a jab at akingfor pain pills, if you;re able to use them thne oplease edo, no matter how I owersonally at the accounter Yeeeeeeeeepl hough bobody wats to admit it

• That made so kttkle sense, I';m slrry Hopefully someone underhands whaT YOU ARE GOING FOR AND MAKES ANOTHE RPOIST HERE LATER, WOULD HATE FOR YOU TOT SOMOLY NOT GET WHAT WE ARE TYINGF TIO SAY

Whaaaaaaaat?!

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I just had a gn0me dabbing idea... wouldn't it be possible to put a dab on the other end of the tube with the heating element and let it slide over the already hot element and do a dab in the gn0me?

i foresee two problems, cleaning and the dab could go through the element unvaped.

Read this and figured I'd give it a shot. The good news is that it works. I was able to get a really nice dab hit through the Gn0me slider, but I had to heat the element longer than normal. The bad news is that some of the oil likes to stay hidden in the creases of the element. It would take no time at all to dirty it up before it would need cleaning.

Great idea vorrange. If Gn0me owner wanted to try dabbing without a proper oil rig, this will work well for them.

Note: I am using a classic slider Gn0me. They are a aller diameter than the Cone. I don't know how well this would work with a Cone. I also had to use a very thin dabber to get down to the element without touching the walls first.

Bananiq

:D :D Cotelio, I am lmaoing. send me your sleeping pills.

1. write in a dark room not seeing on keyboard,
2. + FC non-late-edit option
3. Profit!!

Bananiq,

Cotelio

:D :D Cotelio, I am lmaoing. send me your sleeping pills.

1. write in a dark room not seeing on keyboard,
2. + FC non-late-edit option
3. Profit!!

I was quick enough to delete the worse of the two at least... *sigh* even if it got quoted x.x
So embarassed. x_x

Those "sleeping pills" would be 5 59-ml bottles of 91% alcohol, in the form of various tincture extracts- Peppermint, lemon, orange, anise, etcetera. My favorite is the anise, it tastes just like licorice. Diluted enough that it dosen't sear going down, anyway.
I massively underestimated how much alcohol it actually was x.x

I used to be a happy drunk, heh. Not sure when that changed.

Cotelio,
I was quick enough to delete the worse of the two at least... *sigh* even if it got quoted x.x
So embarassed. x_x

Those "sleeping pills" would be 5 59-ml bottles of 91% alcohol, in the form of various tincture extracts- Peppermint, lemon, orange, anise, etcetera. My favorite is the anise, it tastes just like licorice. Diluted enough that it dosen't sear going down, anyway.
I massively underestimated how much alcohol it actually was x.x

I used to be a happy drunk, heh. Not sure when that changed.
lol I was/am the same way. I'm pretty sure life is what changes your outlook when you get drunk

VapeNStone,

Bananiq

So I finally received the new Funnel and had a chance to play with it.
The decision of going from pre-made female joints towards a glass tubing was worth it! When I first saw the glass tube I was skeptical about some things. Basically all of them were doubts connected to my psychological dogmatic worshipping of the GonG joints. Moreover Calen did a really precise job making the glass tube, the 19mm ground glass male joint fits perfectly in it. Then I realized that the this connection brought me 2 pros:

• The joints are not "stuck" together after applied heat. Other flame powered vapes that I owned, including the MW tend to kind of stuck their male end to the female bowl top bcs of the temp exposed. To my pleasant surprise, glass tube does not tend to stuck.
  • Glass tube brings better view over the vaping process since the bowl is not surrounded by white GonG wall.
Moreover the seal is not worse than with GonG seal what was my first worry. To compare, the MW seal was way worse bcs of the hole for the ceramic element cables can let some air in.

Pictures:

P1020363.jpg

P1020365.jpg

P1020372.jpg

P1020364.jpg

To sum up: :razz:

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
^^^^looks tasty.

I was writing about the benefits of a j-hook in the hammer thread. I really like them. I'm in that subgroup that thinks water takes the taste away from vapor, as well as a little of the effects. A j-hook cools the vapor down nicely, and it's very versatile. Also provides a way to visually monitor the vapor.

Bananiq

I also prefer dry setups. IMHO brings more flavonoids.
To express some things to improve I think that the bowl is too high. The heat-source is unnecessary quite far from the bowl. This results in longer heating and also overheating of the heat-exchanger since one must apply more heat to the heat exchanger in order to reach the herb. If the bowl is shorter, I guess it would be easier to vape. I ask Calen about making me a custom bowl which is shorter. I know many of you guys are using big torch so it is really easy to reach the temp. I use kind of small torches but for the sake of effectivity the shorter bowl would benefit most.
Another thing is the screen. Although I prefer purest airpath possible, I guess it is inevitable to use a regular screen. Glass screen is OK, but when you use very finely ground herb, the particles fall trough. I use the screen with the current funnel bowl but I would welcome if Calen offers an optional bowl with chamber for a screen placement.

Bananiq,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
I just ordered two Gnome Sliders, one in green and one in purple. They look awesome and from watching the videos, seem to be a pretty kick ass vaporizer. I will be back!

Dogman,

Cotelio

I just ordered two Gnome Sliders, one in green and one in purple. They look awesome and from watching the videos, seem to be a pretty kick ass vaporizer. I will be back!
Nice!

Based on my own experience, I recommend getting a propane torch, one of the self-igniting nozzles that comes with a small tank for 20-$30 at wal-mart and just turning it as low as possible without making the flame go out, it lasts bloody forever. A small butane torch works just dandy though :>

Cotelio,
Reactions: Dogman
Top Bottom