Glassblowersdirect.com - Affordable quality glass

clouded vision

I briefly want to weigh in on Sam's sales tax situation. My understanding is that he is affiliated
with numerous artisans in several states which his accountant decided constituted an out of state presence.
This is absolutely not the case. If it were he would have to register to collect sales tax in each state seperately. This would only be necessary if he had a physical presence (ie. storefront, factory, etc) within each state he is registered in. Additionally he would need to charge the tax rate in the purchasers locality instead of his own at tax is charge at the rate at the point of purchase, meaning the delivery address.
This doesn't mean that he is pocketing the sales tax he charges out of state customers. He very well may be reporting and remitting it to California. Chances are he either does this out of ignorance of the tax law or he may have been audited and could not substantiate the out of state sales so he was assessed and now charges everyone to avoid this in the future. Sam seems like a nice guy so I would hope it is one of those 2 instead of him simply pocketing the difference.

z9

Stage-one.png

http://glassblowersdirect.com/assassin-2-0/

So who's going to be the first one to try and buy that mouthpiece by itself? Looks like it'd make a great water tool. I'm digging the hole in the center.

Edit:

assassin20bgdqr-791x1024.png

LazyIdol

That looks EXTREMELY similar to the hydrotube I ordered from GBD with the exception of the hole in the top. I will try to find pictures of mine hold on

EDIT: here is my post from when i first got it. I use it all the time and really enjoy it for my solo. Its a great piece to bring on the go, i usually just wrap it in a hand towel and throw it in my backpack to take over to friends
Hey Guys, my 18mm 7.5'' WT arrived yesterday and I've got to say im loving it. Here are a few pictures for the time being.

It is a bit larger than the 14mm version but so far im not having any issues with the size.

I need to get some Zip ties to attach my Gong but everything is working great :D

klipsch

Now that my refund is complete, I will give my story on the GBD Showerhead Bubbler.

I would be cautious when ordering this item. I purchased one back in mid December, received it early Jan. The 14mm joint was unusable. The mouthpiece would not seat, it would wobble in all directions and was clearly defective. Half of the inside surface wasn't even frosted.

I shipped this item to Sam to be repaired, receiving it back in late January. The mouthpiece was still exhibiting the same issues. I was told to give it a hard press and twist, which did not help (not to mention forcing glass isn't viable solution). I asked Sam for a refund since the item was clearly defective (twice!), he agreed but he wanted me to pay for all shipping costs (over $50). That was entirely unacceptable to me, so I filed a claim with Paypal and as of yesterday I've received a full refund, minus the cost to ship it back.

Aside from that defect, the downstem also had a slight wobble, the body had some dark impurities embedded in the glass, and 2 accessories were missing from the package upon second arrival (which could have been a shipping error).

Maybe others have had better luck, but I can not recommend this product to anyone. Buyer beware.

Does anyone have the "Showerhead Bub" or the "65mm Showerhead Can" and if so, could you provide the dimensions as well as some general comments regarding performance? Thinking about getting one of these pieces, will be used with a Herbalizer via whip adapter.

letter never sent,

LazyIdol

Does anyone have the "Showerhead Bub" or the "65mm Showerhead Can" and if so, could you provide the dimensions as well as some general comments regarding performance? Thinking about getting one of these pieces, will be used with a Herbalizer via whip adapter.
Klispch apparently had a bad experience in regards to the showerhead bub. see the post above yours

LazyIdol,

z9

This glass deal becomes addicting.
On it's way!
qwbh0Bf.jpg

Wow I've never seen anything like that.

I'm confused because it looks like there's slits on the showerhead. So how's it work? Through the frit then through the slits on the showerhead?

Very cool water tool nonetheless, I really like how there's a removable mouthpiece.

z9,
Reactions: ataxian

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

I'm confused because it looks like there's slits on the showerhead. So how's it work? Through the frit then through the slits on the showerhead?

Very cool water tool nonetheless, I really like how there's a removable mouthpiece.
Looks photoshopped to me. :rolleyes:

:peace:

Stu,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I don't

I don't know how it works really I'm buying this on a whim!

The removable mouth piece I like so I can put a smaller mouth piece than say a bong.

ataxian,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
It definitely appears to be a can with a pedestal base and an 18mm female joint under the base. Interesting. The fritted Showerhead just sounds cool as fuck.

Deadshort480,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I always wondered what your attraction to glass was all about?
I think I have developed some kind of addiction to glass?

I think I'm finally getting it?
Ahh, yes, a case of delayed onset GAS :lol:

A major factor to my GAS is probably that back when I used to combust (I think I'm at something like 3years vape only :tup:) I exclusively used bongs, so once I got into vaping it was a short path to fancy glassware ;)

-----------------

If that is a 18mm inlet at the bottom, then I think I'm in love with it :lol:

I probably won't pick one up too soon (still properly getting to know my other GBD fritter hydratube), but I really love the idea of a nice stable base built into the hydratube.

I hope VXL consider adding a similar design to their line of hydratubes (just referring to the wide base, not necessarily the whole piece.

Top Bottom