Glass VaporGenie

Vitolo

Vaporist
Not too hot to hold for one, for a fast hit... but hot for back to back hits and especially a refill... not good for group and still be practical in my opinion..
Good for a short session, or a fast share.
After that... yes it does get very hot.

Vitolo,

crawdad

floatin
well, im approaching two years of having this wonderful device known as the glass vapor genie and its been my favorite since before i ordered it. did my research here! ive passed on the good vibes by getting a couple other (combustion) people the classic vg which they love.

started with bic, tried wic, used torch for a while (still use sometimes) and currently back to bic holding it at an angle about 1/4" or so away from opening. its been quite the journey to learn the subtleties of this device, little tricks here and there to take it to that next level...like after removing flame and drawing slow for a second or two, start tapping right where the herb is, helps to bounce things around and get a fuller vape out of the hit.

i should get a replacement diffuser as mine is clogged up a good amount, allows for finer control of the heat though so ive been holding off so far, even though this means more butane per hit.

crawdad,
Reactions: dequelo
well, im approaching two years of having this wonderful device known as the glass vapor genie and its been my favorite since before i ordered it. did my research here! ive passed on the good vibes by getting a couple other (combustion) people the classic vg which they love.

I wish mine would've lasted two years. I bought one last year to use on-the-go and to use at Bonnaroo since I wouldn't be around a power outlet. Loved it every time I used it and it wasn't that hard to figure out how to manage the flame. One thing that amazed me was its quality. I had it in the pocket of some basketball shorts I was wearing and accidentally fell down on that side of the shorts. I was sure the pipe had broken but when I pulled it out it was still in one piece! The next day when my friends and I were going in to the stage area of the festival, I forgot it was in the cargo pocket of my shorts and when we got searched at the gates, a security guy who took his weekend job WAY too seriously found it and confiscated it. I still have the Ryot case for it and miss the shit out of that piece.

nugghuffer,

ThCombustion

Hey guys, just got my glass VG. Pretty cool, Impressed by the clouds. I've had a classic and a Purple Days. I liked the classic, it was my first, and then I tried the Purple Days because of it's efficiency; however, I found it took around 30 minutes or so to get buzzed cause of the small bowl and constantly loading and reloading. I've been using the PD for over a year now. Honestly, at the moment, I'm tired of it. Now I'm using it mostly to heat up herb so that it's really dry. (I put the herb in a glass jar and set it on top)
I ordered it with the axepack, hempwick, and their VaporGenie branded poker. The axepack is worth the money. Anyone know what that is lining the "freshness pod" = zipper pouch and how does it help with freshness? I'm having trouble with the hempwick. It's easy to light, but I find it hard to get an appropriate sized flame so it heats quickly. I tilt it down to make the flame bigger and then when I'm drawing in it will sometimes shrink the flame to an unusable size. Any advice on this? My friend dropped wax on the ceramic heater. Does anyone know how I can remove it? I've been using it normally but it's not going away. The poker is actually pretty cool. I got the one with the walnut sleeve. The sleeve is pretty cool and has a magnet in it so the poker doesn't fall out somewhere.
The only change I would make to the glass VG would be to not frost the topper and top of the VG. I thought I'd be able to clearly see the heater within it. If you hold it up to the light you can see its' shadow. The reason I hoped for this was not only because I thought it'd be easier on me but also for people who hadn't tried it so they wouldn't toast my filter. I know they did this for looks, but I'd have gone for function over form.

ThCombustion,
Reactions: wisherly

crawdad

floatin
imho sharing with others who have not used it yet means you really should explain first, show second, and show once more before passing. Irregardless of seeing it many people I've handed mine to don't "get it" till I've taken the time to explain how to use and how it works. My element has been damaged slightly but only when I did not give much instruction ahead of time. Pass the PD around lol

crawdad,
Reactions: Vitolo

ThCombustion

imho sharing with others who have not used it yet means you really should explain first, show second, and show once more before passing. Irregardless of seeing it many people I've handed mine to don't "get it" till I've taken the time to explain how to use and how it works. My element has been damaged slightly but only when I did not give much instruction ahead of time. Pass the PD around lol

Your post makes little sense. What did I say to make you think I do not "explain first, show second,..."? Of course I do this. All I was saying is that it would be a good thing for beginner's to have. As for the PD, it seems after I have used the Glass VG that I like it less; so it shall remain a heater, maybe use it on occasion. Still pisses me off Tom and Pammy abandoning us.

ThCombustion,

ThCombustion

I've heard the stuff that builds up in the VG is good to smoke. I was wondering if anyone knows a way to get it out easily?

ThCombustion,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Due to the small openings on the glass Sherlock..(you owners understand) the only way I found is through dissolving it with alcohol and evaporating it. I use 91% Iso for everything... but for the Glass Sherlock VG I use 99%(Safeway sells it- if not use 91%)
Pour it in, cover ends well using hands/fingertips.... and shake if there is stuff that has been built up very long, you can heat the VG with the alcohol already inside it using running hot water (DONT LET WATER NEAR OPENINGS!)

Vitolo,

ThCombustion

Due to the small openings on the glass Sherlock..(you owners understand) the only way I found is through dissolving it with alcohol and evaporating it. I use 91% Iso for everything... but for the Glass Sherlock VG I use 99%(Safeway sells it- if not use 91%)
Pour it in, cover ends well using hands/fingertips.... and shake if there is stuff that has been built up very long, you can heat the VG with the alcohol already inside it using running hot water (DONT LET WATER NEAR OPENINGS!)

Would you elaborate a little more? Specifically regarding the process. What's a good way to evaporate the iso? How do you know when it's all evaporated?

ThCombustion,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Pour the liquid on a dish-
Photoon2011-07-06at1737.jpg

then leave it alone someplace dry and ventilated for a day.. it will dry into this-
Photoon2011-08-25at16432.jpg

use a razor blade to scrape it up when it is dry-
Photoon2011-07-06at19192.jpg

ThCombustion

Pour the liquid on a dish-
Photoon2011-07-06at1737.jpg

then leave it alone someplace dry and ventilated for a day.. it will dry into this-
Photoon2011-08-25at16432.jpg

use a razor blade to scrape it up when it is dry-
Photoon2011-07-06at19192.jpg

Man, when I saw this it made me smile. I appreciate you going through the process and even adding pictures. My VG is really thick with the stuff in the elbow.I'm looking forward to trying it. This gets rid of all the iso after it's totally dry though?

ThCombustion,
Reactions: Vitolo

Pcpvapors

Can anyone with the glass Sherlock tell me what joint size the glass filter is and how long the filter is?

Pcpvapors,

Vitolo

Vaporist
No it is not .
You asked about the filter.
The Glass top is a standard male 18MM joint
I lent someone my tape measure, so can not measure one.

Vitolo,
Reactions: OF

Pcpvapors

Thank you Vito! I'm going to under take the task of revising the glass bat but using the glass sherlocks system.

Pcpvapors,

marduk

daydreamer
^
Is this a one-off for yourself or do you plan to make it available to others?

marduk,

Pcpvapors

^
Is this a one-off for yourself or do you plan to make it available to others?

Depending really on how it turns out, I know the biggest issue with the glass bat was it getting hot there's a few ideas we've come up with to counter this. Talked with the blower on Saturday will be talking again this week. We talked size, issues with the bat, the Sherlock itself. There was a few things set in stone,mainly that it must remain portable.

Pcpvapors,
Reactions: $unnyblaq
Top Bottom