Discontinued Glass Symphony XLR

Hollabackatcha

I have sent @jojo monkey an email on the only account I have of his. It is linked to his PayPal, so he should get the message.
Unfortunately most of our communication was done on the forum, so I do not know his personal email.

Hoping to hear something back from him!!

I hope everything is alright with @jojo monkey ,too. Let us know if you hear back. I am itching to hand over my money my money.

Alexis

Sry for the off topic.
I know the heating element of is isolated but there is a silicone seal in the airpath ?
Well Im no VHW expert myself, never used one. I think the silicone seal is optional woth the current 4.2 VCB design. In that it is designed to work without the tip seals, but when users are struggling to get a good seal consistently, as it depends on the angle/alignment, the tip seals can be used and are a little more forgiving.
@lazylathe will know a ton more than me on this, maybe for another thread though. These vapes are naturally bracketed together.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
The fine mesh screens are a bit small for the stadium bowl, but they still work pretty well. I did a 14g for $60 deal on some weak indica and had to really load up the bowls to feel it. Turned my glass symphony into a fog machine all weekend. I think I might try to buy some bigger versions of those so they fit a little more snug.

Last edited:

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
I hope everything is alright with @jojo monkey
Thanks for the well wish'n. :rockon:

@StormyPinkness

I owe you this from forever ago: https://www.wilmad-labglass.com/uploadedFiles/Main_Site/Pages/Support/taper_ground_joint_dims.pdf

I recently took a crack at a 3d printed stand. I wanted to come up with a process that a customer could use to create and print a stand. The GS does not get too warm at the joint so I went with PLA. PLA is made from sugar/corn so it is renewable and compostable in an industrial compost center. The stuff I went with has 30% wood dust in it so can be stained and has a nice feel. The downside of PLA is temps above 110f will melt it. Put it in a car on a hot day and it will distort. The joint on the GS stays just below this temp and is holding fine with my tests so far.

ew2wP2a.jpg

I used tinkercad.com to model the stand. From within tinkercad I sent the model to a print service called treatstock.com. On treatstock.com 3d printers around the USA compete on cost for printing the model. For under $21 bucks I got this to my door. It needs a sanding and some rubber feet and it should be ready to rock. I might try a natural stain and wax on it.

This site is nice to find existing models. https://www.thingiverse.com/

I think I might try to buy some bigger versions of those so they fit a little more snug.
You are spot on the the stadium is just larger than an inch. I could do a run of screens for the stadium?

I recently shot this: fine mesh vs eq basket

QCmbnVQ.jpg

ast activity was on Feb 14, 2018.
Hope everything is good with you @jojo monkey anything
i can do, just let me know!

Thanks, lazylathe. You rock.

Last edited:

Alexis

Really nice to see you back here in typical spirit @jojo monkey , we should have known you would drop in once you got back from your latest double jungle hike and mountain trek no doubt.

Now, I believe there is a queue forming for Glass Symphonies?!:nope: :lol:

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
@jojo monkey

Welcome back and great to hear from you!!!

The new printed stand looks great! Might be an idea to have a few designs and if anyone wants one they can send the file themselves? A fee for the pre-designed file so the holes are correct, possibly with the leeway to modify the design to suit the purchaser? One less step for you!

FYI - There are things in the works for the Glass Symphony, so keep an eye on this thread....

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
Really nice to see you back here in typical spirit @jojo monkey , we should have known you would drop in once you got back from your latest double jungle hike and mountain trek no doubt.
There were a few hike days in the gap.

wi9Da6x.jpg

Snoqualmie Falls (twin peaks tv show falls too)

I've completed work on a giant glass symphony to get a large portion of the USA high.

fRvycXz.jpg

.... just joking that's the other part of the falls. Hydro power.
Now, I believe there is a queue forming for Glass Symphonies?!:nope: :lol:
:rockon: A nice problem. I am also out of funnel bowls so the pause button is on for a tiny bit.
The new printed stand looks great! Might be an idea to have a few designs and if anyone wants one they can send the file themselves? A fee for the pre-designed file so the holes are correct, possibly with the leeway to modify the design to suit the purchaser? One less step for you!

Thanks!

I am still looking into wood stands. Having something 3d printed seemed like the better starting point. At some point, I will sell a 3d printed stand that has glass female joints in it. The one I designed is the sharable start.

If you just want the existing stand go to this link: https://www.treatstock.com/3d-printable-models/65048-gs-beta-stand

PLA comes in many colors so you don't just have to do the wood mix. Want glow in the dark? Transparent? Lime green? There are many choices. I would not use the PLA stand if you use the vape above 900F. That seems to be the limit. I did get a sweet smell from heating it too but have not measured any changes to the dimensions.

If you want to modify the size, shape, or just take it apart go here:

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/l7vyIhdvOay-gs-beta-stand

I'd sign up for tinkercad and then try the link. If you hit the heart, it will be easy to access in your collection.

Once you are in the stand design it is just a matter of clicking on the shape and hit the ungroup button (or shift+ctrl+G). You should see all of the shapes that make up the holes. I did find that the printed joints are 0.2mm smaller than I expected. It holds fine so I am ok with it. If you want to ditch the cannabis leaves ungroup the body a second time and you will see the leaves.

Tinkercad is odd to me because negative space is a defined shape. I guess this makes it easy to see what's going on. Be sure to use shift if you want to deselect objects in a group. Using transparent materials can help too.

When you are ready to print, group everything into one shape and export to a printer. You can keep many objects in your workspace since the export will only send the object selected.

For the GS I would not go smaller than 120mm X 120mm for stability.

Last edited:

Alexis

There were a few hike days in the gap.

wi9Da6x.jpg

Snoqualmie Falls (twin peaks tv show falls too)
Hahaha, this has just made my day Jojo! I was half joking about you having been off trekking the rainforrests, but also half serious too!!

And Im certainly glad to know this is where you have been at, safe and sound until your return to us here. Nice to see you back safe and also Im real pleased that there is a healthy ongoing level of interest in the Symphony, which I imagine is just about perfect for you to manage alongside the rest of life. Not flying off the shelves like crazy, but enough to keep things ticking over nicely I bet.
Welcome back bro and best of luck with everything always.:tup:

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
Hey is this still safe to use? I noticed this only today... Not sure how long it's been like this.

RL6hNWp.jpg

Looks fine.

As long as most of the heater is covered and the crack is only in the heat transfer material. Rolling the heater in a light can show cracks in the glass. Boro tends to crack big when it goes and you'd see the sparkle.

The copper material can harden up like a candy shell. The heater is metal and it will expand. The heat transfer material is doing its job and acting as a buffer.

What sort of temps are you using?

Sorry for the late response. Please use symphony.vapor@gmail.com to get the fastest reply.

Last edited:

Alexis

Looks fine.

As long as most of the heater is covered and the crack is only in the heat transfer material. Rolling the heater in a light can show cracks in the glass. Boro tends to crack big when it goes and you'd see the sparkle.

The copper material can harden up like a candy shell. The heater is metal and it will expand. The heat transfer material is doing its job and acting as a buffer.

Sorry for the late response. Please use symphony.vapor@gmail.com to get the fastest reply.
Hi Jojo and a very good day. Do you realise you have somehow edited the above quote? Somebody else made that post but it has my name in the quote box. :hmm:

It's like a mutant!:lol:

Have a look anyway and see if you can post it again just to mention the member who asked about the cracks. If you just edit your post now and include a mention of their name, they won't get the alert.
Did you know this? That @ tags/mentions which are made after editing a post- the member in question will not receive an alert unless you include the mention before you edit in the original post.

I have attempted to raise general awareness of this aspect because I know that countless mentions, communications and responses have not been seen by the intended recipient, because people dont realise the alerts don't get sent post-edit.

I wish there was an effective way of informing members across the board, with a sticky or reference somewhere.
It just seems like a shame for such a brilliantly designed and valuable website to be let down by such a basic flaw which can have actually quite significant consequences where important and beneficial communications do not reach their source and perhaps even relations between members could be weakened in the process.

Anyway Jojo just say that you know and can join the cause.;) I hope you get to the bottom of your mutant quote above.
Have a nice week and great to have your presence here again.:tup:

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Hi Jojo and a very good day. Do you realise you have somehow edited the above quote? Somebody else made that post but it has my name in the quote box. :hmm:

It's like a mutant!:lol:

Have a look anyway and see if you can post it again just to mention the member who asked about the cracks. If you just edit your post now and include a mention of their name, they won't get the alert.
Did you know this? That @ tags/mentions which are made after editing a post- the member in question will not receive an alert unless you include the mention before you edit in the original post.

I have attempted to raise general awareness of this aspect because I know that countless mentions, communications and responses have not been seen by the intended recipient, because people dont realise the alerts don't get sent post-edit.

I wish there was an effective way of informing members across the board, with a sticky or reference somewhere.
It just seems like a shame for such a brilliantly designed and valuable website to be let down by such a basic flaw which can have actually quite significant consequences where important and beneficial communications do not reach their source and perhaps even relations between members could be weakened in the process.

Anyway Jojo just say that you know and can join the cause.;) I hope you get to the bottom of your mutant quote above.
Have a nice week and great to have your presence here again.:tup:

That happened to me the other day!
I was tagged in a thread that I do not follow as well as I was not tagged, just a notice saying I was mentioned in a thread and was not... Bugs!!

lazylathe,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

That happened to me the other day!
I was tagged in a thread that I do not follow as well as I was not tagged, just a notice saying I was mentioned in a thread and was not... Bugs!!
You have pointed to some of the other anomalies I havent given much thought to. Like when a post or thread is removed and alerts disappear, or show but lead nowhere then vanish.

But I think you are talking about something different? Like you could be mentioned then editied away, just to be cruel hehe!
Im too stoned right now to picture it all but I intend to get more clarity on some of these other loopholes, for science that is.

lazylathe

Almost there...
You have pointed to some of the other anomalies I havent given much thought to. Like when a post or thread is removed and alerts disappear, or show but lead nowhere then vanish.

But I think you are talking about something different? Like you could be mentioned then editied away, just to be cruel hehe!
Im too stoned right now to picture it all but I intend to get more clarity on some of these other loopholes, for science that is.

Could be!
LMAO!! I am on my way to join you in the clouds! This time it will be with a Symphony of vapor trails behind me!
The GS starts the day with some awesome OG Kush!
Strong, earthy and very heavy!

EDIT:

@jojo monkey

Whenever i use the GS i come up with ideas...
Today's musing was this... (makes no sense in the beginning...thanks GS...)

Could i cut down the joint to get the heater closer to the load? Visualized it for a bit and thought i was onto som.... Yeah that won't work...
Then a light bulb went off!
Is it possible to buy the exact same main 3 way body, except to have a regular 18.8mm joint to attach to the WT? Slightly more constriction and more focused air stream? The narrower stream of air would be perfect for the EQ bowls diameter. I think 18.8mm glass bowls exist and have a built in glass screen! ALL GLASS BABY!!! If such a contraption exists, I think i want to test it out!
Unless you already have and found it to be not worth it!

Last edited:

Alexis

Could be!
LMAO!! I am on my way to join you in the clouds! This time it will be with a Symphony of vapor trails behind me!
The GS starts the day with some awesome OG Kush!
Strong, earthy and very heavy!
Sounds great. Just Omnivap for me so far today after I started my already delayed (for treatments etc) stoning with a hurried attempt to drain the remainder of last night's Elev8r load (Auto Night Queen), and damn well COMBUSTED again!! It is always when I am impatient and wany to get stoned quickly, no fussing with underheats or multiple heats just to kill a load.

ISO'd anyway but hit Omni since. Session 2 about to commence after food between. I have this amazing Durban Poison Auto pheno. We have 2 diff Durbans. The small one (9 L pot, 45 gr) is reallly special. It is one if those ones where as soon as you have had some you instantly feel sorted in the head.

All anxiety, negativity washed away every time, and an amazing outlook on things and sense of calmness. Not all strains are like that unfortunately- but that, to me, is what Dope is all about!!:rockon:

Got a great new one lined up for this year- Dutch Passion Auto Brooklyn Sunrise. Super excited, I reackon it will be my fave if all goes well.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Sounds great. Just Omnivap for me so far today after I started my already delayed (for treatments etc) stoning with a hurried attempt to drain the remainder of last night's Elev8r load (Auto Night Queen), and damn well COMBUSTED again!! It is always when I am impatient and wany to get stoned quickly, no fussing with underheats or multiple heats just to kill a load.

ISO'd anyway but hit Omni since. Session 2 about to commence after food between. I have this amazing Durban Poison Auto pheno. We have 2 diff Durbans. The small one (9 L pot, 45 gr) is reallly special. It is one if those ones where as soon as you have had some you instantly feel sorted in the head.

All anxiety, negativity washed away every time, and an amazing outlook on things and sense of calmness. Not all strains are like that unfortunately- but that, to me, is what Dope is all about!!:rockon:

Got a great new one lined up for this year- Dutch Passion Auto Brooklyn Sunrise. Super excited, I reackon it will be my fave if all goes well.

I had some Durban Poison the other day in the GS and it was amazing!
Very spicy flavor to the vapor and instant stone! Straight to the melon and then it settles in nicely.
Never had the auto variety but have seen a few online grows and it looks sweet!

Exactly! If the dope don't make the pain go away, try another strain!
Lately for me it has been a couple of months of very heavy Indica's, all photo-period, so nice long flowering times for those super dense and packed buds!

And the great thing about the GS is it will obliterate anything you throw in it!
Moist to dry bud all results in the same color ABV, it's awesome!
Sorry it did not work out for you bro! Your vape is on the horizon!!
:tup::leaf::spliff:

Alexis

Sorry it did not work out for you bro! Your vape is on the horizon!!
:tup::leaf::spliff:
The horizon?!!:ugh: Nobody told me it was still THAT far off. Sebastien said end of March/April.
Of course, I dont have the dough yet either, but that is another matter.
I do have a new coil en route however, if it works and I dont screw it up again then there may be some torch respite.

I do hate with these Chinese deliveries though, you just never know when it's coming. Could be a week, could be a month. It toys with my head a bit when it is specifically to get a vape setup on the go, glass is different of course.

Enjoy that Symphony bro. It certainly is a wood chipper to throw all your material for rapid and complete consumption. Right, load 2 coming up. Kinda sleepy the Vapcap makes me, great last thing at night but I prefer a different buzz to get high early/mid evening.

Last edited:

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
Woops. How the heck? ...I can't edit it anymore. I sent him a PM with the reply so it should be ok. He got notification from me.

Whenever i use the GS i come up with ideas...
Today's musing was this... (makes no sense in the beginning...thanks GS...)

Could i cut down the joint to get the heater closer to the load? Visualized it for a bit and thought i was onto som.... Yeah that won't work...
Then a light bulb went off!
Is it possible to buy the exact same main 3 way body, except to have a regular 18.8mm joint to attach to the WT? Slightly more constriction and more focused air stream? The narrower stream of air would be perfect for the EQ bowls diameter. I think 18.8mm glass bowls exist and have a built in glass screen! ALL GLASS BABY!!! If such a contraption exists, I think i want to test it out!
Unless you already have and found it to be not worth it!

Ha! I too have thought about a 18.8mm 3way adapter. Next time I go into production I will look into it. I wonder if it would get too hot? Plus the 24/40 is darn sturdy.

I am gonna have something for nug tearers and chunky grinds that will pack like an eq basket and use a glass mesh. Soon!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Ha! I too have thought about a 18.8mm 3way adapter. Next time I go into production I will look into it. I wonder if it would get too hot? Plus the 24/40 is darn sturdy.

I am gonna have something for nug tearers and chunky grinds that will pack like an eq basket and use a glass mesh. Soon!
I would also be interested to see how it goes with a 18.8mm version. It is on my DIY list for some time,i even bought a 3-way 18.8 adapter and a thermometer adapter from China,but i was stupid enough to try ceramic heater instead of cartridge and it fused with the glass.. :D..,should have ordered more than one of these adapters..

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Woops. How the heck? ...I can't edit it anymore. I sent him a PM with the reply so it should be ok. He got notification from me.

As a registered nug tearer and glass lover I cannot wait to try it. All glass is a beautiful thing.

shaolinmilk

Looks fine.

I've been running this at 890F. This happened after I left my PID on by accident for like 8 hours straight so this may have been the cause of it. I've been using it everyday since and so far it's still working like it's supposed to.

I've been trying to figure out a way to do concentrates on here, but it doesn't seem to do too well with concentrates unless you have a method. I wished there was a way to do a double decker Sublimator or FlowerPot style.

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
100% ALL GLASS BABY!!!
:rockon: Oh yeah!

As a registered nug tearer and glass lover
Oh, I know it! I remember after you first posted that I need to do something for you. So now fine grinds, baskets(aka Canadian style), and tears are all covered.

I've been running this at 890F. This happened after I left my PID on by accident for like 8 hours straight so this may have been the cause of it. I've been using it everyday since and so far it's still working like it's supposed to.
When I make the heaters, they get a burn-in of 100+ continuous hours. Run it as long as you like.

I can't make one crack when I try to make one crack. It might be related to cooling down in a fast way? Maybe I packed the material too tight? Like I said before, it is not an issue when most of the heater is covered.

I'm glad you have not noticed any change in performance. If you ever do, I can re-build any heater (for a fee).

I've been trying to figure out a way to do concentrates on here, but it doesn't seem to do too well with concentrates unless you have a method. I wished there was a way to do a double decker Sublimator or FlowerPot style.
I recently tried something that I've always wanted to try - super tiny beads. I wasted a bunch of concentrate before I got a nice flow by putting a dab directly on the heater and using a temp of 950F. Still though, it was a mess. There is a part of me that wanted to try using the middle in a clean vape to see how that would look since I tried melting from the side with my first few attempts. I did get to see vapor move through the vape and that was neat.

3beu5ev.jpg

Other than the mess, it did work in a faster way than anything else I have tried. I would get the strongest hit with my 1st breath after a dab. There really wasn't much of a second hit.

lTxmElh.jpg

10 minutes in the ultrasonic cleaner in a bag of simple green got the mess out of the glass. ISO wasn't denting fast enough.

I am thinking it would be easier to just toss in a round fritted disc and heat that up inside. I am gonna try a few different porosities to see what works best. more here:
http://chemglass.com/fritted-filter-discs-1?

I would also be interested to see how it goes with a 18.8mm version. It is on my DIY list for some time,
I will give it a go so we all can... :science::science::science::science::science:

Top Bottom