Discontinued Glass Symphony XLR

MrMonss

It looks like this topic will take the same curve as the one experienced by the FP, so telenovella style.
Let's hope he does not have such a tragic ending.

I would like more comparison with the herboTI, especially for those who resold their herbo.
For now, I'm not ready yet to take the plunge.

Zow237

It looks like this topic will take the same curve as the one experienced by the FP, so telenovella style.

I would like more comparison with the herboTI, especially for those who resold their herbo.

This pretty much is a ti herbo without the heat soaking plus I got smoother tastier vapor from my GS compared to ti.

lazylathe

Almost there...

Easier to use out of the box!
Turn it on and once it reaches your set temp, let it heat soak for 5 minutes and you are ready to go!
Reaches set temp in less than 2 minutes.
Vapor is much smoother and cooler than the Herbo Ti and better flavor at slightly lower temps.
Flavor also lasts longer when you pack more.
Vapor can be invisible and so flavorful to thick, lung busting hits.
Good as a sipper or one hit full extractions, no need to change temps either.
Perfect amount of draw restriction for me!

I love the digital aspect and hated the analog dial of the Herbo Ti. Expensive vape for an analog controller.

No bowl preheating is EVER required. Just load and hit and every time the results will be the same.

If you are looking for an awesome flower vape, this is it!
Love all the glass and tech involved!

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Is anyone trying concentrates out? I keep meaning to try different stuff but just keep doing flower every time.

Would the funnel bowl letting you dial back about 100 degrees and the new heater being able to dial back around 100 might give you enough extra heat to do concentrates?

@Zow237 Nice hits bro! WOW! So weird not seeing the can milk, yet you exhale what looks like the most densest hit! Impressive! :rockon:
I've been wondering about that too, the hit I exhale often seems way bigger than what went through the glass. Is it because the draw is so short and fast? It just rushes through and doesn't build up enough to turn white?

That being said I think I've seen @lazylathe put up some milk shots that were impressive.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Is anyone trying concentrates out? I keep meaning to try different stuff but just keep doing flower every time.

Would the funnel bowl letting you dial back about 100 degrees and the new heater being able to dial back around 100 might give you enough extra heat to do concentrates?

I've been wondering about that too, the hit I exhale often seems way bigger than what went through the glass. Is it because the draw is so short and fast? It just rushes through and doesn't build up enough to turn white?

That being said I think I've seen @lazylathe put up some milk shots that were impressive.

All depends on your draw speed and lighting.
Slower draw creates thicker vapor but less on the exhale.
One hit extractions give lighter vapor but way more volume of vapor!
I need to do one of those black background exhales like @stickstones does!
The GS will be most impressive!

lazylathe

Almost there...
The Glass Symphony has been the DD this week!
I also decided to take it apart and give it a clean, nothing else to do for a while...
There were some yellow deposits on the inside of the 3-way adapter and the joint was a bit yellow.
The joint is easy to clean while assembled with a q-tip dipped in ISO, GS has to be cold!
Did not bother to wash the beads just yet.

Everything is so sparkly clean again!

I also think i have finally settled on a temp number!!
850 set with an 842/3 actual reading by the thermocouple.
No coughing at all, just smooth tasty vapor!!

I had some amazing Purple Kush earlier that sent me into a serious wobble for about 30 minutes!
It was awesome and i was BBQ'ing some amazing Filet Mignon's!!
What a delicious dinner!!!

lazylathe

Almost there...
I have been trying on and off to do concentrates in my Glass Symphony.
Why? Who knows! My initial thought was to get it working so that the GS would be favorable to a larger audience.
After a day of somewhat successes but nothing stellar, i came to a realization...
Possibly the newer heater may be a candidate?

The one amazing area i would like to point out is how rapidly it heats up as well as drops in temp when lowering the temp! I was up around the 950 area for a bit and lowered it back to 840 and it was ready to go in a few minutes! Very fast reactions to temp changes!

@jojo monkey designed this to be THE BEST flower vaporizer out there!
And i love mine! And it will be doing flower exclusively from now on!

It's one of those vapes that makes me sweat profusely, not strain specific either.
The huge rush of extracted goodies can be intense at times!

ajvapegod

Hi, I’m very interested in this vape but I have a few questions. I already have a FP and I have the gold control box that you can get from them and as far as I know that should work for this vape right? Because on their website they mention something about using some old style connector, but as far as I can tell it’s a 5-pin XLR to should be perfect, but I don’t know a ton about unique connections. If anyone knows if they are compatible let me know because I’m definitely interested in getting this and seeing how it sacks against the FP, who so far has been my pinnacle of what vapes can be, even against a decent amount of competition from the rest of the collection.

ajvapegod,

Cl4ud3

Hi, I’m very interested in this vape but I have a few questions. I already have a FP and I have the gold control box that you can get from them and as far as I know that should work for this vape right? Because on their website they mention something about using some old style connector, but as far as I can tell it’s a 5-pin XLR to should be perfect, but I don’t know a ton about unique connections. If anyone knows if they are compatible let me know because I’m definitely interested in getting this and seeing how it sacks against the FP, who so far has been my pinnacle of what vapes can be, even against a decent amount of competition from the rest of the collection.
Different size XLR I think. You would need some type of adapter or something.

I should also revise a statement: The Symphony by default will use a standard XLR wired to the most common pinout. The symphony will not work with a flower pot controller unless you contact me and I make one with a mini-xlr (or maybe a min-to-reg adapter?). I thought the box was the same as mine but did not notice the XLR size.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
...or to rewire the XLR for your NV nail.
Everytime the same with the NV nail. I really don't know why Edwyn is cooking is own soup with that. Probabely to have a monopol on selling replacement coils. Can't see another reason.
But for sure a reason at least for me not to buy the NV nail.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Great point Mr. @Hogni. @Baron23 was the first to bring this to my attention, that newvape's controller is proprietary for that reason. As you say, no other reason really not to use the common industry standard. I don't want to be locked into an older style plug with a unique pin-out, just so I don't find myself in a position like @ajvapegod down the road. I'm not poking fun at aj (all respect), it's a crappy situation that a lot of folk don't understand how buying NV's controller locks them in. I wouldn't have, many get the package without fully understanding. @biohacker knows what's up! I bet you've seen a few come and go.

After a quick PM back-n-forth with @jojo monkey about a couple of questions, I have to say here that the experience was a pleasure. If you're wondering about something that might be holding you back, please do yourself a favour and PM the man. I could tell he's really got his act together, as a vape designer and as a business. Just a really nice humble, very smart FCer who really cares about his customers before and after the sale. I'm sure most of you regulars know him already so this is really for the new gal/guy on the fence.

biohacker

After a quick PM back-n-forth with @jojo monkey about a couple of questions, I have to say here that the experience was a pleasure. If you're wondering about something that might be holding you back, please do yourself a favour and PM the man. I could tell he's really got his act together, as a vape designer and as a business. Just a really nice humble, very smart FCer who really cares about his customers before and after the sale.

I could not agree more. This has been my experience as well! :rockon:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It's not like the Newvape coils and PID are more expensive than Auber, D-Nail, Beenail, Mini-Nail, Errlectric, Hex-Nail, etc. though...

invertedisdead,

lazylathe

Almost there...
Double Black Diamond in the GS this afternoon!

Celebration time!!!
Just got home from the Cannabis Clinic and met the new Dr.
Signed up with Broken Coast for MAX THC flowers! NICE!!
Also sorted me out to register for a grow license again! YEAH!!!

Once in our permanent house there will be some serious COB growing going down!
I have always found homegrown and cured bud to taste far superior to bought bud.
The Glass Symphony will make that experience even better!!

Fruity Pebbles up next...

biohacker

Celebration time!!!

That's AWESOME bro!!! :rockon: Not sure if you know or if it matters to you, but BC electron beam all of their strains. I still think the strains you grew back in the day were the most terpy, fragrant, and potent i've ever seen!

@jojo monkey sorry if I wasn't paying close enough attention, but do you know what the price hike will be for Jan 1st? I want this vape, but timing couldn't be any worse for my current situation! :D

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
will you consider giving an FC discount to a poor old stoner?
There will be a FC discount code of some sort.

Thanks for the compliment on the price.
Ordered a glass symphony
:rockon:

Thanks again!

No bowl preheating is EVER required.
I love this part. Many moons ago I had a vape that had a glass whip that needed to warm up before I could get a good hit. Every time I would reload the process would repeat. No thanks.

I also decided to take it apart and give it a clean, nothing else to do for a while...
There were some yellow deposits on the inside of the 3-way adapter and the joint was a bit yellow.
The joint is easy to clean while assembled with a q-tip dipped in ISO, GS has to be cold!
Did not bother to wash the beads just yet.

Everything is so sparkly clean again!
You've been rocking GS No.1 for over 6mo. :rockon: It is cool to read it is back to sparkly like day 1.

I agree with the "clean cold" part. You don't want a big difference in temp to hit boro. Thermal shock!

The beads I dip in a bowl of iso, rinse in water, and air dry. I use a small wire strainer like this.

It was awesome and i was BBQ'ing some amazing Filet Mignon's!!
What a delicious dinner!!!
Sounds like a nice moment. Mmmmm, filet... I too am a fan of BBQ and also cooking with the GS as the 1st ingredient.

I could get a mini-xlr on digikey or mouser and wire that up if you want to use the same controller? I'd have to charge a little extra but it would be far less than a new controller.

I have to say here that the experience was a pleasure. If you're wondering about something that might be holding you back, please do yourself a favour and PM the man. I could tell he's really got his act together, as a vape designer and as a business. Just a really nice humble, very smart FCer who really cares about his customers before and after the sale. I'm sure most of you regulars know him already so this is really for the new gal/guy on the fence.
:bowdown:Thanks. You are too kind! :rockon:

Double Black Diamond in the GS this afternoon!

Celebration time!!!

Once in our permanent house there will be some serious COB growing going down!
I have always found homegrown and cured bud to taste far superior to bought bud.
The Glass Symphony will make that experience even better!!

Fruity Pebbles up next...
Woah! Big congrats!:clap:

Seed to vape control FTW!

I moved to a recreational state and often miss my old homegrown hookups. Fresh herb that was well cared for is hard to top.

but do you know what the price hike will be for Jan 1st?
No hike for private sales in January 2018. Send me a pm or email and I'll send a paypal invoice.

When the site goes up the price will change a little.

Cl4ud3

Mine arrived yesterday and I kept meaning to post about it but for some reason I lost all motivation to do anything except play with the GS :brow:
That stadium bowl should be banned! all I seem to be doing is watching bowls cash :rofl:this is a beast, seriously. Stupidly quick tasty extraction.

Top Bottom