Discontinued Glass Symphony XLR

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Dude! What a statement! Think i'm sold now! When you say nugs though, is that just in reference to herb in general, or can the GS really crush intact nugs like the Supreme?

Dude! This! My only hesitation with the GS is due to my clumsiness and easy ability to break, but my hesitation with the FP is exactly that - I fear a feeling similar to the sublimator. I don't know how to describe it, but it felt almost erosive to my lungs, and I could tell it would those hot metal surfaces. No issues with my aluminum supreme though, but that's a different softer metal?

Absolutely! :rockon:
I am also very sensitive to overheated metals/ceramics. I have no problem with SS cores of logvapes, but all titanium nails,coils,etc just taste metalic.. I can even sense it in the air when they are heated . The GS design is truely achieving the purist's dream.While breakage is an issue, it wont be hard to get replacement parts from local supplies.. You can even order some Chinese back-ups for cheap :)). That being said i have a 10 years old WP and it still works as the day i got it,i guess this could be a very likely scenario with the GS too if handled with care :)).

Alexis

@biohacker I am very excited to hear that you may venture this route yourself. I would so love for us to vape brothers at some point in time. The Supreme wasn't to be sadly.:cry:
But I moved on fast and began dating again!:):lol:

Likewise the Herbo Ti clearly didnt fit the bill. When I saw your recent intetest in the Flowerpot I started putting even more pressure on myself to go that way, I would be more sad feeling it isn't an option while EVERYBODY else who is ANYBODY around here, continues to board the FP train, yourself being the cherry on the cake, poor me left out in the cold!;)

But, maybe we could end up sharing a vape! That would be fun, let's see what happens.

biohacker

But, maybe we could end up sharing a vape! That would be fun, let's see what happens.

You know how I feel about threesomes! :lol: I don't think the Herbo is for me either, so the GS would be the ultimate glass vape from what i've seen so far!

Is it possible to crush a load with a less powerful hard draw? A hard fast draw like that could fuck me up should the temp be not what I expected! And not in a good way either.

lazylathe

Almost there...
You know how I feel about threesomes! :lol: I don't think the Herbo is for me either, so the GS would be the ultimate glass vape from what i've seen so far!

Is it possible to crush a load with a less powerful hard draw? A hard fast draw like that could fuck me up should the temp be not what I expected! And not in a good way either.

Okay so i just tested this for you...
Good news and bad news though, have to be honest!
Good news is i am at a lower temp tonight, at 891F as to the usual 950F, so that will have some effect.
More good news is the flavor is CRAZY!!! Clouds are thinner but flavor city!
Bad news is my nose was getting crazy itchy towards the end...
The nug was not fully extracted at that temp either as a crush and revape at the same temp gave me the cloud i expected, most of the flavor was gone but it was still there!

Going back up to 950F and a whole nug now, testing on this vape is brutal!
Revaped the last load and just a small cloud, not too much taste at all.
Great flavor and slightly less itchy nose this time!
After crushing again, the clouds come but it was a bit harsh, coughy and seriously itchy nose.

Somethign changes when you vape a whole nug and then crush it for me...
All the flavor profiles changes and it is a different experience.

I prefer to use fine ground material in this vape as it performs so much better with a large surface area.
This is truly a sign of a convection vaporizer!
When used correctly it functions like a dream boat to Jamaica!

And remember, you are testing it out in 2 weeks time bro!
Be prepared to be super medicated!

Alexis

Awsome! You guys are making it happen. I will have to quickly get reincarnated as a fly, if you get me. I actually would have suggested such a vape trial for @biohacker to see what he likes, to help him decide which if any of these new models might appeal to him.

Not long up today. Got steam inhalation to do etc, takes several hours each day. Still very stoned from yesterday to be fair. I will soon be deciding which of my (shitty:lol:) vapes I will begin with today, as I look forward to a possible future with the Symphony, when I can get the ball rolling and make some space.

I really need a stronger vaporizer with a stronger, longer lasting effect. And the ability to use smaller loads than the XL to keep switching strains. And of course, the option of getting medicated very quickly.

No matter how I try, I just can never get hammered off the Herborizer XL quickly. It always drags out and is an effort.

Most of my suffering right now is actually from die off, I am seriously hamering down my respiratory infections with the electricity treatments now that I have a green light to proceed.
It causes major symptom exacerbation as so much nasty crap is released from the dying microbes and takes a while to clear out, like several days of feeling worse, before it clears and I feel much better every time.

Im not helping myself much by continuing to vaporize every day alongside the treatment, enduring the respiratory allergy as well, which hugely exacerbates mucus production.

As long as I get there though.

Well pleased Lazy that Biohacker is coming over. I want a full report!:tup:

Last edited:

biohacker

hahaha, i'm ALWAYS prepared! Looking forward to it bro! You very well know that the sneezing/itchy nose thing was the death of the VHW for me.... it happens on huge lower temp super tasty terpy big hits! Can't wait to test bro!

And the ability to use smaller loads than the XL to keep switching strains.

Wasn't that the Herbo Ti? :brow: And now they are coming out with a microdose bowl for it? POW!

No matter how I try, I just can never get hammered off the Herborizer XL quickly. It always drags out and is an effort.

Load that bitch up with 1g+, ramp it up to vaping temp and hit that shit! VISUALIZE the GS!! Do it now! ;)

Prolusio

Dude! What a statement! Think i'm sold now! When you say nugs though, is that just in reference to herb in general, or can the GS really crush intact nugs like the Supreme?

Whoops missed your question!

Yeah when I said nugs I meant herb in general, I typically grind. The GS can definitely vape whole nugs effectively with a little crushing as @lazylathe described (although I cannot say whether that's like the supreme, still haven't got to try one yet :(). But I haven't experimented enough to know if you can get to whole extraction without the crush..

I think the large bowl might make this difficult, could be too easy for the air to pass around the material when it's a small piece in there. But @lazylathe has been experimenting with basket screens which might be more effective? Not sure!

The GS has the power to vape anything you toss in, I think it's just an issue of the bowl design/airflow. I think a smaller bowl would concentrate the air more and then you'd get really awesome results with nugs just dropped in. Or concentrates I suppose!

Haven't tried concentrates in the GS yet.. feels silly when you have a FP sitting there.. but I suppose I should try just once, right?..:D:science:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Going back up to 950F and a whole nug now, testing on this vape is brutal!
Revaped the last load and just a small cloud, not too much taste at all.
Great flavor and slightly less itchy nose this time!
After crushing again, the clouds come but it was a bit harsh, coughy and seriously itchy nose.

Somethign changes when you vape a whole nug and then crush it for me...
All the flavor profiles changes and it is a different experience.
I've been using it this way for a couple of weeks now and I have noticed the nose tickling sometimes. I love the really tasty first hit off the nugs and watching the shiny crystals disappear of them. I'll have to go back to how I was using it before and see if I get the nose thing happening.

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
You folks are the best! I am happy to say that the amazing posts here have generated many private sales of the beta kit. :clap: The sales have enable this project to grow in many directions that I could not have taken alone. Thanks again!!

UPDATE:

The first fruit thanks to you all:

MF06A66.jpg

Left to right: new bowl w/ a 1" screen, new bowl w/ a basket, new bowl w/ no screen, GS "OG" "stadium" bowl w/ iso on it.

This new piece gives up most of the visibility for a distorted fishbowl-like view of the herb. I can see a sliver of color go green to brown at a few angles. The glass below the bowl/basket was made a bit longer than usual to give you something to grab. No handle is needed since the bowl does not get hot when the GS is on top. If you take a few consecutive rips you're gonna want to wait a bit, so there is that. If you take one rip and want to stir or take a break it will be fine to touch.

I still need to get some 1" screens for it if you don't use baskets. Does anyone have a preference for the mesh size? I am thinking 25-75 micron-ish? Or maybe a couple sizes?

It needs a name, but the adapter will be $15 + shipping to the USA. I'll post prices with shipping as soon as I get my small boxes. If you want to pay $8 for USPS priority and use your own baskets it is ready to go.

Heaters for the rest of the world are in the works. :rockon:

I am still on the hunt for a glass stand. :uhoh:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
You folks are the best! I am happy to say that the amazing posts here have generated many private sales of the beta kit. :clap: The sales have enable this project to grow in many directions that I could not have taken alone. Thanks again!!

UPDATE:

MF06A66.jpg

Left to right: new bowl w/ a 1" screen, new bowl w/ a basket, new bowl w/ no screen, GS "OG" "stadium" bowl w/ iso on it.

This new piece gives up most of the visibility for a distorted fishbowl-like view of the herb. I can see a sliver of color go green to brown at a few angles. The glass below the bowl/basket was made a bit longer than usual to give you something to grab. No handle is needed since the bowl does not get hot when the GS is on top. If you take a few consecutive rips you're gonna want to wait a bit, so there is that. If you take one rip and want to stir or take a break it will be fine to touch.

I still need to get some 1" screens for it if you don't use baskets. Does anyone have a preference for the mesh size? I am thinking 25-75 micron-ish? Or maybe a couple sizes?

It needs a name, but the adapter will be $15 + shipping to the USA. I'll post prices with shipping as soon as I get my small boxes. If you want to pay $8 for USPS priority and use your own baskets it is ready to go.

I really like the new ones, I'll take 2. I'm waiting until they come with a screen put in by you though, I am just terrible at that. I like how there's less of a bulge after the joint ends. It will be fun to try these, I have a feeling the stadium bowl is always going to be my favorite though.

Ha, I'm also looking for a glass stand still. The more I look the more I think I'll need something custom. It's hard to match the joint size with something that can handle it being top heavy.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@jojo monkey, I've bought the stainless/glass stand from Herborizer for my Herb Ti a few days ago and am very satiesfied. Stable standing, well processed. As I said a few pages ago - with a pic - give it a try. It's just a stainless base with two o-rings where the glass joint of the stand is fixed. Simple and nice construction. You would just need a steel buddie with a CNC. For the GS the base has to be wider and a bit more heavier than the Herborizer stand. Perhaps a job for @mestizo, at least for prototyping?
Should be possible to offer it for 50/60$ I guess.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I was testing hand tearing vs vaping nugs and then hand crushing last night and I think I'm going back to hand tearing. With nugs it's a good light vapor flavor, but the flavor doesn't last so well after the hand crushing, it's mostly a huge cloud. With hand tearing I get 2-3 tasty medium clouds. With nug crushing I get 2 light tasty clouds, 1 huge cloud, and a medium one. I'm going to try it some more, but I think I prefer hand tearing again. I'm glad this got brought up in the thread.

Im planning to use mine with this FC MOD base maybe?

https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/fc-mod-accessory-glass-mainboday-mounthpiece/268308583.html

Seems stable enough to hold the GS without any worry. Anybody else agree?
Ah glad to see you got a symphony. Hopefully it works out better than the other thing we talked about.

Straight into the middle of the base should be the most stable. As long as it isn't a super narrow bubbler. I have a d020-d and I haven't been worried at all. I added a z shaped adapter to move the gs behind the bubbler and it was definitely a little less stable, mostly backwards.

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
It's a beast and that is that, nothing more to really say...

Ha!:lol: This was the unofficial pre-launch theme song:

I started getting uneven extraction and the edges started getting brown quicker than the middle. I noticed my screen was dirty and *did not* want to take it out to clean it because they are in there perfectly and I suck at screens. Luckily I have a little $20 ultra sonic cleaner and I was able to throw the whole bowl in a bag with some iso and clean it that way. A couple 2-3 minute cycles and the whole thing is good as new and extraction is perfect again.
What a great way to keep things super simple. I am gonna try it.
I've seen other posters talk about VAS killers,
It is very cool to read you are liking it for daily use.

Still been using the GS nearly daily since I got it. I don't typically use it as my "session" vape; I leave it on stand-by for when I really need to feel the effects of my herb. Saves my tolerance and my stash :lol:. But the GS is the first vape I use when I get home and usually the one I use to cap my night off (unless it's time for dabs, which I've been digging a lot lately)

It's also not my typical session vape because sometimes I'm just in the mood for vaping for the sake of vaping.. and the GS is not a toy for casual play. It is a true vaping tool. The GS is here to kick ass and vape nugs. It doesn't waste time with flavour hits and warm up bowls; it crashes through your wall of bad vibes like a vapour powered kool-aid man. Immediate, brain tingling, face warming hits from the first draw.. Love the way the GS always delivers.
Wow!:rockon:
The Symphony does look like the kind of vaporizer that you could spend vefy little time actually using and still be as medicated as you need night and day.
This is how I hope it works for people.
The GS looks perfect to play with settings, and get the exact hit you want every time.
Exactly!

Dude! What a statement! Think i'm sold now!
I agree! Glad to have you here!
Dude! This! My only hesitation with the GS is due to my clumsiness and easy ability to break,
The GS should be one of the least expensive glass vapes to repair if that means anything. The spheres will survive most falls. It would be impressive if everything broke.

If you are super worried then I'd be sure to minimize how much you move it between hits. The extreme would be to not even clear it and just periodically clean it. I often tell first time users to not clear it. New users tend to freak out when they see all the glass (i like that it demands attention).

When used correctly it functions like a dream boat to Jamaica!
So cool! This cracked me up!

I really like the new ones, I'll take 2. I'm waiting until they come with a screen put in by you though, I am just terrible at that. I like how there's less of a bulge after the joint ends. It will be fun to try these, I have a feeling the stadium bowl is always going to be my favorite though.
Glad you dig the bowl! There is way less tension than the custom screens for the "stadium" bowl so it wont be as tight. I'll post when I get things in.
@jojo monkey, I've bought the stainless/glass stand from Herborizer for my Herb Ti a few days ago and am very satiesfied. Stable standing, well processed. As I said a few pages ago - with a pic - give it a try. It's just a stainless base with two o-rings where the glass joint of the stand is fixed. Simple and nice construction. You would just need a steel buddie with a CNC. For the GS the base has to be wider and a bit more heavier than the Herborizer stand. Perhaps a job for @mestizo, at least for prototyping?
Should be possible to offer it for 50/60$ I guess.
That does look nice! How big is the base and what does it weigh?
Im planning to use mine with this FC MOD base maybe?
I just got this in to test out and it is "ok". There is a seller on DHgate that has it with large green k clips included to hold the perc down. I tend to use it with a very short whip or with a jhook and a 45 degree male to female adapter.

MileHighHuman

UPDATE:

MF06A66.jpg

Have we decided the difference in performance between the new bowls and OG stadium bowl?

Definiltey suggest going with the screens rather than baskets, just from other vaping experiences of mine.

For the mesh size, go larger/course. Ive found course screens clean literally 100% and allow for much better airflow and vapor production. The fine screens reduce airflow and can still get clogged over time even with ISO soaks and torchings.

So, consecutive hits will make the bowl hot? Because I'm a big fan of doing back to back to back rips lol

And then so if I've read/comprehended correctly, the new style bowls are not as good for visual experience. Correct? Because, I sure do like the extended area to grab ahold of on those new bowls.

Alexis

Got to try out the GS today care of my hombre @lazylathe! I can say with confidence that this thing RIPS! I couldn't even believe the size of the hits on exhale, and it was AWESOME watching the action live!
I hope we will get a lot more than that! ;) I was hoping for a minute by minute transcript! Not just (or even primarily in truth) a full and detailed new vape (and Newvape;)) report, but more so how it was hooking up again after so long during such changing times and circumstances for you both. I bet it was a surprisingly refreshing experience though.

Anyway, well curious bro. I just wish you coulda filmed it for us (I mean me). I would pay.:popcorn:
You must have had a fair old drive though so I'll give you until the morning. Can't wait for more! Sleep tight!:zzz:

biohacker

I hope we will get a lot more than that! ;) I was hoping for a minute by minute transcript!

To be fair, there wasn't enough time to fully get immersed in the GS experience, so it wouldn't really be right for me to review in any capacity, so I just wanted to leave a quick and dirty impression of my feedback. I think I ripped a few bowls with it, and it is a quick 1 rip extraction which is my style! Temps were a bit too high, it's difficult to gauge what kind of suction/pressure my lungs create, so the taste was initially awesome, but due to my extremely sensitive palate, and continuing to extract every last drop, I could detect some abv flavours toward the end. Once the temp was dialed down a bit I think I had the perfect bowl/hit!

This is a beast of a vape, just like Lazy has been raving about... everything is true, I should have known! My only considerations at this time anyway in my life is that I would probably end up breaking it too fast (just cracked my favourite and only glass piece removing a joint grrr). Then again, although it's large, it doesn't look fragile at all, and the ergonomics are fine.

I think with the GS I will hold off for now, at least until my house move is complete later in the year, and hopefully be able to try it out again soon for more testing!

It's been a long time coming @jojo monkey ..... complete congratulations on your connoisseur level desktop glass convection bliss dude!!! I still can't stop thinking about what I saw upon exhalation! Damn!!! All from such a small quantity! Nice work buddy, and it's been such a pleasure to finally have the honour of being able to try it out!

Alexis

To be fair, there wasn't enough time to fully get immersed in the GS experience, so it wouldn't really be right for me to review in any capacity, so I just wanted to leave a quick and dirty impression of my feedback. I think I ripped a few bowls with it, and it is a quick 1 rip extraction which is my style! Temps were a bit too high, it's difficult to gauge what kind of suction/pressure my lungs create, so the taste was initially awesome, but due to my extremely sensitive palate, and continuing to extract every last drop, I could detect some abv flavours toward the end. Once the temp was dialed down a bit I think I had the perfect bowl/hit!

This is a beast of a vape, just like Lazy has been raving about... everything is true, I should have known! My only considerations at this time anyway in my life is that I would probably end up breaking it too fast (just cracked my favourite and only glass piece removing a joint grrr). Then again, although it's large, it doesn't look fragile at all, and the ergonomics are fine.

I think with the GS I will hold off for now, at least until my house move is complete later in the year, and hopefully be able to try it out again soon for more testing!

It's been a long time coming @jojo monkey ..... complete congratulations on your connoisseur level desktop glass convection bliss dude!!! I still can't stop thinking about what I saw upon exhalation! Damn!!! All from such a small quantity! Nice work buddy, and it's been such a pleasure to finally have the honour of being able to try it out!
Thanks man for the extra insight. I hope you had a good day anyway. And your initial impressions already speak volumes for the GS and the type of role it can play. Clearly it is a vape that requires some dialing. It is certainly in my sights and would be a lot sooner if the government hadn't just pronounced me fit for work, as determined by their health care PROFESSIONAL (wankers and dimwits) very brief observation at a medical where their fair point system can consistently give you a clean bill of health unless you are a cripple visibly stuck to the floor!:lol: I joke but that is the truth of it! A lengthy appeal process now, like a year maybe and a tribunal to decide, as happened in 2013 last time when I won finally thanks to actual HUMANS being on the tribunal panel.
Thank god justice prevailed down the line.

So I cant exactly justify an expensive vape purchase currently. I would need to sell some goods first anyhow, but I will have to assess matters more carefully. But I may be able to justify by moving chess pieces around, hopefully sooner than I expect.

New day. Steam now, then shower, then surely vape time!
Enjoy the day everyone, big love!:tup:

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I got a trinity cart and bought the runniest stuff I could get at the time which was some solvent free hash oil. I got a good deal on 3 grams of it so I have a ton right now. On the flip side I was running low on flower and I like to order on Tuesdays to get a half off deal so I wanted to make it last. I figured it was time for me to try concentrates in the symphony. I was absolutely loving doing this all weekend:

Take a small flat nug or squish one, drop or two of hash oil on top, hit it twice to melt it in and dry it out a bit, hand crush, then 2 flipping giant hits from practically no flower. Great flavor and giant clouds. If you make sure the oil is on top it just soaks right in, on the second hit you can sometimes see it bubble out of the flower a little. If you really load on the hash oil you'll get more hits, but the taste starts to degrade.

The big pain is getting it in there flower side down. I was putting some loose stuff on top to make sure it didn't stick to the bowl or screen. You can sandwich too, but you might need to hit it a 3rd time before crushing so it's not too sticky. I was checking the glass and screen and didn't see a mess anywhere so I think it's all staying in the flower.

Also finally found the right extension, my view is perfect now:
IMG_20170928_190349.jpg

IMG_20170928_190257.jpg

lazylathe

Almost there...
I have been lacking in my GS testing again...
This is not my daily driver as i tend to over consume every time!! It's that good!
I also have discovered that i much prefer to run the GS HOT and get instant one hitters!
They are very tasty, smooth and kick like a Clydesdale!
I drive her hard at least twice a week and it is always an intense experience!

Since it's October already, i decided to break her out for the afternoon session!
And so i don't feel like i am always vaping alone, here is a video to share with you!
0,1g of Chronic Thunder at 935F...

And one more just for fun...
I call this technique the Flavor Train to the couch!
It starts slow and flavorful for the first hit and the second hit is as hard as i can!
There is no way anyone can overpower this heater configuration!!

Time to watch another episode of Stranger Things!

One last thought before i fade....
My new basket and hook invention is amazing for the first bowl, anything after that i feel like i am playing that claw arcade game where you can never lift anything! LMAO!

EDIT:
Regular hit to show density and cloudage!
I was told it was not dense enough...LOL!!! Just messing with you!
Here is a regular inhale at 890F!
BOOM!

Last edited:

biohacker

Regular hit to show density and cloudage!
I was told it was not dense enough...LOL!!! Just messing with you!

Was that .1g as well? Impressive indeed for that size! I just meant that it didn't whitewall because it was still somewhat transparent. I'd throw up a milk vid so you can see what I mean, but it's just not proper protocol in this thread, maybe the milk shot thread!

The amount of vapor this vape produces is phenomenal!!
A true fog machine!

And the FP was supposed to stop my VAS! :lol:

Top Bottom