Glass Quality Question(s)

FUCKCOMBUSTION88

Hey FC,

First post in awhile. I have a question about my two glass pieces. I'm not sure of the authenticity of the RooR, but I haven't been able to find anything that makes me believe it's a fake and I bought it for a great deal. The bubbler is a China glass piece. FC-188

First question. What's the main difference between buying China glass and the real authentic brand? Just the price or quality or type of glass used? ‎
Now for the main question. When both pieces get vapor resin that's built up in them, and I look through the glass at a certain angle to view the resin, it almost looks like both the bubbler and the bong aren't solid glass if that makes sense. As if it's 2 pieces of glass and not one solid thick piece. I was told the China piece is 4-5 mm thick, but when I check out the resin that builds up and view both the bong and the bubbler from the bottom it almost appears like there's two layers of thin glass and not one solid thick piece of glass? Is this how some glass dealers get you and claim their products are a certain thickness but really it's two thin pieces of glass divided with a space in between and not one solid piece? It could just be me and the fact that it's difficult to judge by viewing resin that's built up on the inside from the angle I view it at and even looking through the bottom it's hard to tell but this has me confused on the actual thickness. I'd post a picture but both pieces are clean as of right now and when it's got some resin built up its easiest to see what I mean. Sorry I couldn't explain this as accurate as I could have. If anyone has an idea of what I'm talking about or any knowledge on this topic that would be much appreciated.
https://m.imgur.com/SQGlL8K

Thanks guys

FUCKCOMBUSTION88,
Reactions: Summer

organicali

1. The quality of the glass medium is far superior with American borosilicate vs Chinese cheap glass. Depending on the brand you can clean them look through the glass and see the difference in like diffraction.

2. Highly unlikely it's 2 separate walls of glass. That would be more expensive to make.

organicali,
Reactions: Baron23
Top Bottom