Glass Padawan needs help. :D

2clicker

Observer
WatTyler said:
more bubbles = more surface area exposed to water = more loss of solubles (flavourful terp's in this case)

edit: plus the time element- with multiple percs the vapor is in contact with (surrounded by) the water for a much longer time than with single percs.

makes perfect sense. the same goes for smoke i suppose as well eh?

2clicker,

2clicker

Observer
OhTheAgony said:
With some pieces you have the vapor going through a downstem first before it goes through two percs that also run through water. That's like having three bongs build in to one. Each time the vapor goes through the water it takes a way a little away of the taste I imagine (I have no actual experience with pieces like that myself).

oh i got that part, but i was curious as to what exactly is causing the flavor loss. thanks ;)

2clicker,

Nycdeisel

The bigger the piece, or the more water diffusion, the more flavor you lose. add a lot of diffusion in a large tube and you have a recipe for little flavor.

That tube agony posted on the last page for example(the last post of that page) would really not be good at all for vapor. even for smoke its not proper IMO but i dont smoke anymore sooooo :rolleyes:

A beaker adds extra volume, and changes the flow considerably. I suggest a straight tube but it depends on the size, if you have a straight tube and beaker, and the beaker is a little shorter, they might be close to, or roughly the same volume in the glass.

Besides, smoke needs to be cooled and filtered thoroughly because of all the hot smoke and tar and other toxins. Vapor does not need to be cooled and filtered nearly as much. Just a little diffusion/water filtration, no ice, in a small and simple glass tube is perfect for vapor. It more importantly needs moisture and filtering of very fine particles that get past the screen in the vaporizer. A diffused downstem would work nicely ;)

Nycdeisel,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Nycdeisel said:
The bigger the piece, or the more water diffusion, the more flavor you lose. add a lot of diffusion in a large tube and you have a recipe for little flavor.

Besides, smoke needs to be cooled and filtered thoroughly because of all the hot smoke and tar and other toxins. Vapor does not need to be cooled and filtered nearly as much. Just a little diffusion/water filtration, no ice, in a small and simple glass tube is perfect for vapor. It more importantly needs moisture and filtering of very fine particles that get past the screen in the vaporizer. A diffused downstem would work nicely ;)

I think those two paragraphs sums up what we need too know about using glass with a vaporizer for most people.

I think i'll go with the Ehle 250ml with a diffused stem and a 14mm gong joint for my first piece, it is sleek, simple, not expensive and gets the job done efectively. :)

Thank you all for your time and your knowledge, i hope to pass it on to future vaporists. hehehe.

:peace:

vorrange,
Top Bottom