• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Glass ?? Less diffusion = more taste?

MinnBobber

Hi,
New to glass and have a miniVAP. I love the taste and never considered glass until trying a Verdampfer vape water rig in Amsterdam. Amnesia Haze was awesome with it.
I want to keep all the wonderful taste that I can, but try water to make it not so dry etc.

Is it true that more diffusion means less of the original taste? I'm a lightweight, need very little herb. I
only vape and only do buds. No concentrates.

I'm considering the cheap China glass (D020) OR the Mobius Ion Matrix Perc (more diffusion) or
the Mobius Ion Reti Perc (less diffusion). Folks rave over the Matrix Perc but would the Reti Perc be better
for my use?

I'm thinking small volume and little diffusion would be best.
FYI, just got my MFLB water whip (14MM) to connect miniVAP to glass. Likely never invert my mVAP
into the glass piece.
Thanks for any help from you experts.

MinnBobber,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Yes, absolutely. For vaporizing, more diffusion eliminates the taste! If you used 2 or 3 chambers for diffusion, you'd notice the taste from herbs is almost completely gone.

I really enjoy vaping through water, but to add moisture to the hit, not to eliminate taste.

When I am vaping reclaim soaked cotton (used as filters to catch ABV debris), the taste is rather harsh (because I vape at slightly higher temperatures to make full use of the reclaim) - I often use a 3 chamber rig like this crazy contraption to remove the taste (but still get the full effects):

9OgALSG.jpg

But this same rig is horrible for flowers because it eliminates the full taste.

I would start with some china glass from Dhgate (I am a big fan of sunshinestore). Until you know what you like, why risk spending big money on something that might not be the best design for your needs/vape. Once you've found what you like, then save up and buy some nice glass. But as a newbie, you'll be quite surprised by the quality of the vendors we've found over on the cheap glass bubblers thread - pieces like the D020 from Sunshinestore are great - the same piece from other vendors are crap.

I bought the D020 and it's really nice for the price (smaller than expected - perfect for vapes), but I find that I enjoy the D020-W much more (i use it many times per day). I like the birdcage perc action, and I like a sidecar mouthpiece so I have full view of what's going on while taking my draw.

Good luck in your search!

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
Hi,
New to glass and have a miniVAP. I love the taste and never considered glass until trying a Verdampfer vape water rig in Amsterdam. Amnesia Haze was awesome with it.
I want to keep all the wonderful taste that I can, but try water to make it not so dry etc.

Is it true that more diffusion means less of the original taste? I'm a lightweight, need very little herb. I
only vape and only do buds. No concentrates.

I'm considering the cheap China glass (D020) OR the Mobius Ion Matrix Perc (more diffusion) or
the Mobius Ion Reti Perc (less diffusion). Folks rave over the Matrix Perc but would the Reti Perc be better
for my use?

I'm thinking small volume and little diffusion would be best.
FYI, just got my MFLB water whip (14MM) to connect miniVAP to glass. Likely never invert my mVAP
into the glass piece.
Thanks for any help from you experts.

The D020 has a Reti-like perc, and there's a couple more china pieces that are matrix-like.
The GB 187 (sold out at the moment) and the D020-D:
http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/d020-d-bubbler-hand-blown-glass-water-percolator/187214099.html
D02_X_and_GB187.jpg

D020-------------------------D020-W--------------D020-D---------------GB187

I don't think there's gonna be a whole lotta difference between these as far as taste. Matrix perc - smoother? D020 - smaller/less diffusion. I'd buy the China glass first, at least untlil you know how you like it. And maybe you'll find it's all you need.

MinnBobber

The D020 has a Reti-like perc, and there's a couple more china pieces that are matrix-like.
The GB 187 (sold out at the moment) and the D020-D:
http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/d020-d-bubbler-hand-blown-glass-water-percolator/187214099.html

D020-------------------------D020-W--------------D020-D---------------GB187

I don't think there's gonna be a whole lotta difference between these as far as taste. Matrix perc - smoother? D020 - smaller/less diffusion. I'd buy the China glass first, at least untlil you know how you like it. And maybe you'll find it's all you need.

Thank you for the comparison pics. It's interesting to see them all together to compare sizes.
thanks again!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
With the pieces in @pigfoot 's pic above, you can keep diffusion pretty low by not drawing too hard. How well it works depends on your vape and style. I have the first 2 - D020 & D020-W. With the W, the funky mouthpiece has a pretty small hole. Makes cleaning a bitch, but great for keeping minimal diffusion while hitting - and lots of flavor. Once you fill the chamber, you can pull your vape and clear as hard as you like. IME the flavor loss happens with diffusion itself. So, you draw slow and smooth while trying not to make too many bubbles - then clear the chamber hard and fast with minimal flavor loss. You'll have a hard time doing better with less than $35 on glass!

Top Bottom