glass for no water filtration flower vaping

kairos

I own an Herborizer Digiti with which I vape almost exclusively flowers. I vape them dry, no water involved in the process.

I am looking for improvements of the system. As water filtering does not appear to be one, I will stick to dry vaping. Still, the most obvious amelioration I can guess is upgrading my current body.

Do fancy percolators have any effects on dry clouds? Should I even consider pieces with recyclers if no water slips in?

kairos,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Path length is a key element to cooling your vape. Virtual path lengths like a helix can be taken into account.

TommyDee,
Reactions: howie105

MoltenTiger

You might lose some potency to vapour condensation by using water to cool it down, but you can still get huge lungfuls in the process that work wonderfully well and are super powerful from the right vape.
Using water filters and tames the vapour allowing much bigger and more comfortable hits.

You can achieve the same thing using a dry piece, as you are with the Body sherlock. A bigger piece will cause marginally more loss and cooler, smoother hits. If you can manage bigger hits by further cooling, this might allow more effect.

Huge clouds mean huge exhales, that’s where most of the loss lies. But huge inhales are made much nicer through a bong, which is why I use one most of the time.

different mouthpiece styles make a big difference just as much, if not more, than different percolators.

kairos

Are you saying that dry vape pieces are better without any bells and whistles? If so, why not stick to my current pretty damn simple and potent Sherlock?

kairos,

MoltenTiger

Are you saying that dry vape pieces are better without any bells and whistles? If so, why not stick to my current pretty damn simple and potent Sherlock?
what kind of improvements are you looking for?

I would think that nice sherlock and herborizer combo is already a high level of quality. In what way would you want to improve the experience?

MoltenTiger,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

howie105

Everyone is unique, with different vapes, using different weed and having different expectations. If you wonder if a more involved vape might be a better choice then satisfy your curiosity, give one a shot. You will still have your trusty Sherlock if the new piece doesn't work. For myself I am currently very happy with plain dry water piece, its all good as long as one is happy.

kairos

what kind of improvements are you looking for?

I would think that nice sherlock and herborizer combo is already a high level of quality. In what way would you want to improve the experience?

Yeah, the first question should indeed be: can I improve the already pretty amazing combination of DigiTi and Sherlock for dry vaping (in way of effects and flavour)?

Everyone is unique, with different vapes, using different weed and having different expectations. If you wonder if a more involved vape might be a better choice then satisfy your curiosity, give one a shot. You will still have your trusty Sherlock if the new piece doesn't work. For myself I am currently very happy with plain dry water piece, its all good as long as one is happy.

Have you tried improved glass pieces (with percolators, recyclers, etc.) for dry vaping and, if so, did they improve effects and flavour?

If a plain a dry water piece is the best, I will stick to my beloved Sherlock.

MoltenTiger

Yeah, the first question should indeed be: can I improve the already pretty amazing combination of DigiTi and Sherlock for dry vaping (in way of effects and flavour)?

Have you tried improved glass pieces (with percolators, recyclers, etc.) for dry vaping and, if so, did they improve effects and flavour?

You could try a smaller vapour pathway, and you might want to try a very short one with water in-line. That's how I run my Sublimator mostly, with a short whip and a small oil rig. It works quite well.

In general reducing the vapour pathway will increase the flavour strength. A little bit of water reduces flavour a little bit, but can allow having much more at once.

Lower temperatures will also offer more/better flavour and a different effect.
Very high temp hits might offer a different effect too, and they're better suited to using water, for the most effective cooling.

howie105

I have some aggressive glass pieces and they all trade some of the taste for somewhat smoother hits. I haven't found a piece that does both improved flavor and effect at the same, be they wet or dry.

LongDraw

Here is a link to my favorite dab rig, i only have two though.

https://aqualabtechnologies.com/products/aqua-lab-14mm-mini-wax-rig?variant=12499313229901

Reminds me of your sherlock, but with a shorter glass mouth piece. I use maybe an 1 to 1.5 ounces water in it, alwasy distilled. Great flavor, easy to draw, etc. SUPER SUPER EASY TO KEEP CLEAN, which i really like.

I have another rig i got from tag, dab rig may 6 inches tall, but has a ufo or showerhead perc with like 15 slits. I switched back to it a bit ago, and while it was a bit smoother i definetly notice a decline in flavor with more filtration. It holds more water, but i only put enough in to just gover the slits, so it isn't filtering through a lot.

After using that again for like 2 weeks, i just went back to my favorite one. I have looked at other glass, and some seem nice, but tend to have more filtration and i can't see spending high end money on other glass when the aqua labs one is pretty perfect for me.

daoist

If you want more flavour you need hash and not flower. Try handpress your hash from the keef/resin that is left over. All the flavour is in the resin/keef and it is in the bottom of the grinder. just press with the heat of your hands to decarboxylate the resin and make it melt. if it starts to melt and stick together the flavour and taste will develop strong. there is probably no flavour or smell from the keef in your grinder. but it will have that after handpressing your hash. then just vape hash mixed with some abv (or flower). Also hash is more smooth, more flavourful than just flower. try that. There is only a certain amount of flavour you can get from dry herbs. in europe nobody dabs, they just buy hash if they want flavour,

very very very good hash workshop here:

Personally i bought an Easy flow bomb tower. dry vaping is very smooth.
But i only have it for one day so i have to test a bit more.

If i were you is stay with the sherlock and switch to hash.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Dry vaping with water? :D

20200406-000008-01.jpg

MileHighHuman

Dry vaping with water? :D

20200406-000008-01.jpg

Any ideas for other stuff to put inside the glass other than liquids to take up the space?

It'd be great to fill up that unneeded space like you have with water, but without the risk of spilling.

Im probably going to glue the base of mine to this so they stay together and can stand.

Is this base stable?

MileHighHuman,
Reactions: EmDeemo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Any ideas for other stuff to put inside the glass other than liquids to take up the space?

It'd be great to fill up that unneeded space like you have with water, but without the risk of spilling.

Im probably going to glue the base of mine to this so they stay together and can stand.

Is this base stable?

Fill it with Smarties!

The base is very stable IMHO.

EDIT: I had some other thoughts of things to fill it with. My list so far is...

Smarties.
Expanding Foam.
Noodles (cooked).
Fire.
Grit.
Noodles (dry).
Several voids.
Glaring errors.
Animosity.
Toilet Paper (secret stash)
Weed (not so secret stash)
Awards.
Dead flies.
This list printed 1000 times.
Mashed banana.

Last edited:

MileHighHuman

Fill it with Smarties!

The base is very stable IMHO.

EDIT: I had some other thoughts of things to fill it with. My list so far is...

Smarties.
Expanding Foam.
Noodles (cooked).
Fire.
Grit.
Noodles (dry).
Several voids.
Glaring errors.
Animosity.
Toilet Paper (secret stash)
Weed (not so secret stash)
Awards.
Dead flies.
This list printed 1000 times.
Mashed banana.

I feel like whatever is put inside of it needs to taste good since the vapor will be touching it. Smarties was a good idea. I might try skittles

:rockon:

howie105

Two options come to mind, sand and those decorative glass pebbles they make for fish tanks. Just clean them well especially the sand.

Top Bottom